Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#5251 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Only problem with that is I feel like you would be rewarding people who didn't plan ahead. I made sure my roster was pretty much set before going into the draft. If a team has something like 10 spots to fill, that is really bad planning and shouldn't be rewarded by letting them get good players on a cheap 1 year deal.

I don't like free for all either. Then a team that is already set could just grab guys they don't really need just because they can.

Totally agree.

#5252 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Record base, but can't sign a player as a starter over a player that you already have if your own player is a certain OVR? Say like 83? That'll stop people from signing people they don't really need, just want to want.

#5253 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my draft:

HB Darveon Jones 92 speed, 70 catch, 83 catch in traffic.
WR Allan Johnson 90 speed, 89 catch, 89 catch in traffic, 82 spectacular catch
TE Chris Martin 89 speed, 83 catch, 77 run block
CB Reggie Carruthers 89 man coverage, 96 speed, 74 catch
And of course the second overall pick, Tolliver Burk, 87 overall, 94 tackle, 89 pursuit.

#5254 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Only problem with that is I feel like you would be rewarding people who didn't plan ahead. I made sure my roster was pretty much set before going into the draft. If a team has something like 10 spots to fill, that is really bad planning and shouldn't be rewarded by letting them get good players on a cheap 1 year deal.

I don't like free for all either. Then a team that is already set could just grab guys they don't really need just because they can.

I agree with this. What we should all do is post (or PM) 2-3 positions of need (whether its depth, want a better OVR for starter, etc) and then form groups off of that.

#5255 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Well except I got shutout out on most of the free agents I shot for. So I guess I should be punished for people signing players they didn't even need?

#5256 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

The only apprehension of going to a free for all is just that all these players will only be asking for one year deals now. I feel like the reason a lot of these players didn't get signed before is because they were asking for large contracts. Now, you can get a guy like Umenyiora, Sheldon Brown, etc. with a one year investment.

The other idea that was raised was basing it on who needs the most players. ie. a team with only 42 players on its roster would get to choose before a team with 50 players on its roster. Thoughts?

WHY WAS MY TRADE NOT APPROVED OR DENIED BEFORE THE DRAFT?

I have asked this nicely about 3 times now, all I want is an explanation of what happened. I think anyone would be pissed if there trade didn't get approved or denied before the draft.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5257 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

can we advance im not going to touch FA or anything just want to play around with the team in practice mode is all

i could careless about FA i only need a backup center and a back up RE and then im golden

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5258 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my draft:

HB Darveon Jones 92 speed, 70 catch, 83 catch in traffic.
WR Allan Johnson 90 speed, 89 catch, 89 catch in traffic, 82 spectacular catch
TE Chris Martin 89 speed, 83 catch, 77 run block
CB Reggie Carruthers 89 man coverage, 96 speed, 74 catch
And of course the second overall pick, Tolliver Burk, 87 overall, 94 tackle, 89 pursuit.

You chose Allan Johnson the pick before I was.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5259 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

You chose Allan Johnson the pick before I was.

Hah, that actually makes me feel good about the pick, thanks!

EDIT: That someone was looking to grab him at that point, not that I snagged him before you did.

#5260 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, but really you could make the same argument about cap space. Either way, teams need players for one reason or another. If we keep analyzing it, we'll run ourselves in circles. I'll come up with an order later tonight and post it. We'll also be advanced to the pre-season at that point.

What people need to understand is that there's not going to be a huge rush on pre-season games. We MIGHT advance to Week 1 before New Year's, but the deadline for Week 1 definitely won't be until we're sure everyone is back and able to play. These next couple weeks are really just going to be a feeling out kind of thing.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#5261 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

i do have a question about cheesy style play.

say i go triple TE but only have 2 TEs is it ok to put a slow WR as my third TE? like 86 speed since people have TEs that are 90 speed

also is it cheap to put a fast TE in a 4 wide formation as a WR just curious example would be like fleener or v davis

Madden 25

#5262 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

week one advance after new years wow.
i dont know about everyone else but during holidays i get days off and once holidays pass its harder for me to get games in i work for the military and theres a good chance once the holidays past i will be spending prolly more than 5 days at a time in the field training since my unit is suppose to deploy again. might be doing my 3rd tour over there unless i get forced out on medical reasons. i dont know about everyone else personal lifes but im not a student or someone without a job or anything like that so when i have lots of time off id like to play.

alot of people will quit and alot of people will lose interest this way if u slow it down that much u might as well shut down the league becuz there wont be many people left.

Madden 25

#5263 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

I think it should go by cap space. Makes the most sense.

#5264 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

that is kinda nuts to be thinking it won't even be new years until we advance.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5265 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Why can't we advance? It's not like we can do anyting at this stage. All it is view contracts.

#5266 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

People spend the holidays with their families and there is a lot of travel.

#5267 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

I have days off for the holidays too but I will be spending time with family and friends, not glued to Madden.

#5268 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

If we start preason tomorrow we should be done by newyears.

#5269 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

I have days off for the holidays too but I will be spending time with family and friends, not glued to Madden.

Good thing madden games only take an hour :)

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5270 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

People spend the holidays with their families and there is a lot of travel.

i realize theres alot of travel but i can travel i would have to travel 13 hours but i think within a 72 hour period i can find about 45 minutes out of that time period to setup a game. its not an impossible task at all. unless people dont have any time of time management skills. adapt and overcome

Madden 25

#5271 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I am traveling back home to spend the holidays with my family and I am not bringing my xbox to play a Madden game :P

#5272 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'd be down for a free for all. I think if we say trades and play should be done like in real situations then this should be as well!

Putting all these rules in place to me is gonna strain the league even more! N8 says the people with the most cap space? What if a person has just enough to get THAT guy and could really use him but the guy who has 25 million who could care less and just wants the big name has first dibs? Nahhh sorry doesnt fly with me! Sorry I can't agree with that.

I think people from worst record to best from last year (or worst to best record of course) in stages like we do FA During the season is the best way for now...

#5273 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I just cant imagine preseason taking 2 weeks. I know folks will be traveling a lot but if we had a quick advance through the preseason we could just set an extra day or two for the first week to accomodate everybody traveling.

#5274 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I just cant imagine preseason taking 2 weeks. I know folks will be traveling a lot but if we had a quick advance through the preseason we could just set an extra day or two for the first week to accomodate everybody traveling.

i agree with this and with wut doc said above

Madden 25

#5275 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Man some of you people are ridiculous.

#5276 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

I just don't see why it's a big deal if N8 wants to wait until after the holidays to get the season going.

#5277 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Good thing madden games only take an hour :)

Answer my PM, man! I'm dying over here.

#5278 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

i do have a question about cheesy style play.

say i go triple TE but only have 2 TEs is it ok to put a slow WR as my third TE? like 86 speed since people have TEs that are 90 speed

also is it cheap to put a fast TE in a 4 wide formation as a WR just curious example would be like fleener or v davis

First example is fine. Second example is not. If you want your TE in on a passing play, pick a play that has a TE.

week one advance after new years wow.
i dont know about everyone else but during holidays i get days off and once holidays pass its harder for me to get games in i work for the military and theres a good chance once the holidays past i will be spending prolly more than 5 days at a time in the field training since my unit is suppose to deploy again. might be doing my 3rd tour over there unless i get forced out on medical reasons. i dont know about everyone else personal lifes but im not a student or someone without a job or anything like that so when i have lots of time off id like to play.

alot of people will quit and alot of people will lose interest this way if u slow it down that much u might as well shut down the league becuz there wont be many people left.

Aren't you married? Does your wife hate spending time with you or something? Do you not get invited to Christmas with your family? You can spend a day or two away from Madden. There are 4 preseason games to keep you occupied over the next two weeks. I'm going to be out of state from Friday until the 28th. You can play all the Madden you want during that time. I'll advance us through the preseason and whatnot. But there is absolutely no need to rush through anything more than that. Jesus Christ, dude. Take a moment to breathe.

No, no. Not Week 1 of preseason, lol. We'll get through the preseason before New Year's. But the plan this entire time has been to not get too heavily into the regular season until after New Year's. That's why I said we might advance TO Week 1 before New Year's, but the deadline won't be until everyone is back from the holidays.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#5279 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Well, a pretty good draft for me. Got a Superstar trait WR, RG, and MLB.

#5280 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

I just don't see why it's a big deal if N8 wants to wait until after the holidays to get the season going.

I just dont see why we cant do an extra few days for the first week anyway. We do 2 days each preseason game and that takes us till Christmas Day (assuming this starts tomorrow), then have the following week (until the 2nd) for week 1. That gives everybody 7-8 days to get their week 1 game in.