Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#511 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, I've advanced the dummy league to week 3, and Rob Bironas just notified me that he's ready to talk about a contract extension. So, at least that is there. I imagine players who are unhappy with their situation might not come talk to you early and probably would wait till the end of the season to hear offers from other teams. Damn, Rob Bironas told me "Your last offer wasn't good enough. Increase it or I'll test free agency." lol

Scouting also seems to be pretty elaborate. The new ticker thing will update you top collegiate players. Then, each week, you have the option to scout players based on their position. You can see what round they're projected to go in (which really...that seems the same as "potential" if you ask me) and even where in that round they should go. When you want to scout a player, there are a ton of different areas you can choose from. It basically starts with you knowing nothing about him. You can just do an overall scouting for 2000 SP (which is all the scouting points you have for a week). Or scout individual things like Player Type, Durability, Intangibles, Scheme, and Physical. Then there are the basic attributes of Speed, Agility, Acceleration, etc. All of these have varying costs.

#512 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Yeah I hope they fix the scheme glitch, where if you change your scheme it changes right back. Also I read that the difficulty in ccm doesn't change the human sliders. So all you'd have to do is lower them to the difficulty you want.

#513 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

ya seems like we need to do human trade to make thing have more sense behind it becuz that computer system will rip u off big time

I'd actually rather have it like that than have the AI trade logic be TOO gullible. I don't want anybody acquiring Drew Brees for a 7th round pick.

#514 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

ya i just messed with that a little bit ago seems a little fun and not to much time involved with messing with it pretty quick and easy i like it

#515 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

so i was advancing the league to about week 13 start adding progression into my players and even when i added to some players in the spots u would want a player to become better at his overall still went down makes me wonder if some players and going to go down just becuz some times or becuz i waited so long to progress and since they were doing bad in the game when i simmed that they lost points and i wouldnt realize it? really makes me wonder

#516 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Ok, starting to feel a little better. The offseason stuff mostly looks great. After you've had an opportunity to extend player contracts throughout the season, you get one final chance as the off season starts. They'll tell you how long of a contract they want and how much money they're looking for. It's up to you if you want to undercut them...and how much of a split you want between salary and signing bonus.

After that week is advanced, those players become unrestricted free agents, and you've now allowed other teams to make bids on them. When you view the available free agents, it will show you what teams are interested in that player and how many bids have been made on him. Again, you decide what length/amount of contract you want to offer them. And after you submit it, they thank you and let you know they'll be in touch. This part feels very authentic.

So, really, we just have to decide how to handle signing free agents during the year...or if we need to handle it at all. I think what some people are going to be shocked by is how many players they're going to have to manage and re-sign. For instance, the Titans are a team with lots of cap room...but that's because they have a TON of expiring contracts. Each week, I had 2-3 more players needing to negotiate with me. So, I feel like if you're not careful with your spending, it could be easy to run out of money right when your star player's contract runs out.

#517 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

also been playing a couple games with the saints i will take them if its aloud

#518 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

how do bonus work they get the bonus that year or wut never really followed contracts to much to know much about them.

#519 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Sounds good
Posted ImagePosted Image

#520 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

also been playing a couple games with the saints i will take them if its aloud

No offense, dude. But you're starting to come across as a guy who just wants to find a team he can win with. Not that we all don't want to play well. But most everybody in here decided on a team fairly quickly and stuck with it. You're bouncing from team to team to team. You sent me a PM saying you'd take the Bucs if it was ok...and now you're on to the Saints. The most hilarious part about is that you were one of the people pushing for us to pick teams as soon as possible. It's just starting to feel a little disingenuous.

But like I said, if everybody else is ok with it, I have no problem with you switching. Just seriously...decide on a fucking team and present that to the rest of the league.

#521 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

No offense, dude. But you're starting to come across as a guy who just wants to find a team he can win with. Not that we all don't want to play well. But most everybody in here decided on a team fairly quickly and stuck with it. You're bouncing from team to team to team. You sent me a PM saying you'd take the Bucs if it was ok...and now you're on to the Saints. The most hilarious part about is that you were one of the people pushing for us to pick teams as soon as possible. It's just starting to feel a little disingenuous.

But like I said, if everybody else is ok with it, I have no problem with you switching. Just seriously...decide on a fucking team and present that to the rest of the league.

saints

#522 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

Does anyone have a problem with DVO switching from the Bengals to the Saints?

#523 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

in the off season is there any features of re making contracts as in like changing the years they get paid or taking pay cut to make room for more players or anything like that. i also wonder wuts the best style of coach to be

#524 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

No, as long as we are done with this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#525 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

in the off season is there any features of re making contracts as in like changing the years they get paid or taking pay cut to make room for more players or anything like that. i also wonder wuts the best style of coach to be

I don't know if you can restructure contracts. I'm pretty sure you can cut players, but you'd still take a cap hit for that contract. As for the coach, I guess it depends on what you feel your strengths are. I'm sure everybody will approach it differently.

#526 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

Yes.

He had his shot to take whoever he wanted, and he chose the Bengals.

#527 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

I say let him change his team this final time and that's it.

#528 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Yes.

He had his shot to take whoever he wanted, and he chose the Bengals.

I don't mean to put you on blast, but DVO is already aware of this, so if I don't address it now, I know he'll bring it up. You were asking the same thing yesterday about switching to the Raiders, lol. I know you decided to stay with Dallas, but I was trying to work something out that would make both of you happy. Seriously, we don't need to play mind games here and act like a bunch of women. If you changed your mind on wanting to switch teams, that's fine. If you'd still like to switch, just say so and we'll get it figured out.

DVO had Dallas last year, and had been interested in taking them back if you were in fact going to take Oakland. If both of you were legitimately wanting to move, it wouldn't be that hard, not to mention it would keep the balance between conferences the same. The biggest thing I said was that people needed to make one switch and be done with it. This shit dragging on and on is what's getting on people's nerves.

#529 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

It's one thing for DVO to switch, being the last pick, but it really screws shit up if someone towards the front of the line wants to switch. Had Dallas been available, I would've taken them, as would have many others.

#530 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

It's one thing for DVO to switch, being the last pick, but it really screws shit up if someone towards the front of the line wants to switch. Had Dallas been available, I would've taken them, as would have many others.

I agree with this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#531 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

I don't mean to put you on blast, but DVO is already aware of this, so if I don't address it now, I know he'll bring it up. You were asking the same thing yesterday about switching to the Raiders, lol. I know you decided to stay with Dallas, but I was trying to work something out that would make both of you happy. Seriously, we don't need to play mind games here and act like a bunch of women. If you changed your mind on wanting to switch teams, that's fine. If you'd still like to switch, just say so and we'll get it figured out.

DVO had Dallas last year, and had been interested in taking them back if you were in fact going to take Oakland. If both of you were legitimately wanting to move, it wouldn't be that hard, not to mention it would keep the balance between conferences the same. The biggest thing I said was that people needed to make one switch and be done with it. This shit dragging on and on is what's getting on people's nerves.

I told you after I sent that PM that I didn't want to cause any havoc in the league by switching so I would stay with who I chose. It has nothing to do with who it involves. Besides, bringing something up in the league thread that I went to you in private is quite a bitch move in itself. I really don't care who is aware of it, whether it's DVO or Sir CheapyD himself, I already held myself to it: if you choose a team then decide you don't want them, tough titty, you chose them. Unless someone wants to trade with him outright, then that's fine with me... but when we start playing musical chairs with all these different teams, it's just going to fustercluck everything.

I don't mind being Dallas, they were obviously on my list of teams that I wanted to play as, which is why I chose them, but the Raiders were also up there on my list. I chose Dallas though, so I'm sticking to that. You didn't have to "work anything out to keep us happy" because I had already told you that I was staying Dallas to prevent anymore BS [like this...].

I don't know where you're pulling all this "mind games" crap from. I'm just straight shooting, cowboy.

Edit: I have to add that all of this is really uncalled for, and already casts a dark shadow on this league. I hope nobody leaves because of it, because I'm really looking forward to getting my ass kicked.

#532 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Besides, bringing something up in the league thread that I went to you in private is quite a bitch move in itself. I really don't care who is aware of it, whether it's DVO or Sir CheapyD himself, I already held myself to it: if you choose a team then decide you don't want them, tough titty, you chose them. Unless someone wants to trade with him outright, then that's fine with me... but when we start playing musical chairs with all these different teams, it's just going to fustercluck everything.

Whatever. If you want to call trying to accommodate something that you both ASKED for a "bitch move", then you have your own hangups. Ultimately, it's beyond ridiculous that people had weeks to think about this and even had the audacity to rush others along, and yet were not ready or sure of their own decision. My official stance on this is that I no longer give a Fuck. Play as the team you chose or get the Fuck out (not directed at you...goes for everyone). I'm done talking about it.

#533 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hey hey hey, let's not steal my thunder of being the last pick lol
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#534 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

I think weekly or every 4 weeks progression as we still have the option to spend the xp whenever we want. So if it is weekly I could still wait 3 weeks to spend it, etc.

Getting back to actual relevant matters, I think every 4 weeks progression would be fine. Once a season obviously puts all the improvement at the end of the year, but every week seems like it would cause too much fluctuation. At least every 4 weeks would allow players to build off of a hot streak. Thoughts?
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#535 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

Whatever. If you want to call trying to accommodate something that you both ASKED for a "bitch move", then you have your own hangups. Ultimately, it's beyond ridiculous that people had weeks to think about this and even had the audacity to rush others along, and yet were not ready or sure of their own decision. My official stance on this is that I no longer give a Fuck. Play as the team you chose or get the Fuck out (not directed at you...goes for everyone). I'm done talking about it.

Just to clarify, you tried to accommodate DVO after I had already stated "don't worry about it" [not an exact quote] and that I would play as Dallas. It's really not as big of a deal as it's been made it out to be.

Don't get me wrong Nate, I appreciate that you tried to make everyone happy -- I really do, but it feels like you're throwing it in my face after the fact that I said that I'd stay as Dallas, lol. That's why I responded defensively. I really don't need to explain myself (or do I?) but there you go.

Anyway... I agree with you 150% on the rest of your post. :applause::applause::applause:

#536 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

Getting back to actual relevant matters, I think every 4 weeks progression would be fine. Once a season obviously puts all the improvement at the end of the year, but every week seems like it would cause too much fluctuation. At least every 4 weeks would allow players to build off of a hot streak. Thoughts?

I'd like to play the game a little before coming to judgment on settings and stuff. I know some of you have the early release, and that's cool -- we all appreciate the heads up on some issues we may be dealing with, but I'm not going to "vote" on anything until I see how things work for myself. ;)

Everything else settings-wise (outside of the Free Agents system) seems cool with me so far. If the FA system is kind of like a bidding war (somewhat reminiscent of an auction league?) that would be pretty cool, but I guess I won't know until Tuesday at 12:30am.

I'm probably not going to give a Fuck either way as I'm normally pretty chill -- I just want to play the game and have fun, and not worry about all this political bullshit. Ya know?

#537 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

/popcorn

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#538 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

/popcorn

/peanut gallery

#539 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

/peanut gallery

No drama in the main league but you guys got it in spades

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#540 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

No drama in the main league but you guys got it in spades

You sound jealous.