Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#5401 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Honest mistake doing this from my phone..

It happens. Make sure you add salary information to your proposal.

#5402 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

It happens. Make sure you add salary information to your proposal.

Thanks

#5403 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

One would presume then, that the teams whose rosters are full, will be forced to make a cut first? And what about the teams that are over the 53-man limit? When will they have to cut down to 53?

I thought about it, but there's really not a lot of sense in enforcing cuts immediately. People might as well play through the preseason as normal, and just make sure their roster is down to 53 before the regular season starts. By that point, we won't be regulating free agency anyway.

after everyone has their selection. I'm guessing tomorrow morning.

It's not going to be a full day for each group. Really, I'd like this round to be over before we advance to Week 2 of the preseason. The reason being, I'll have to set our "vacant" teams (Chargers and Steelers) to autopilot so their opponents can play the CPU. And when I do that, the CPU is most likely going to fill in the rosters by signing whoever they feel like. Considering the Steelers only have 38 players...that could suck the fun out of free agency real quick.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#5404 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Posting again for new page.

Group 1 is free to sign ONE free agent starting now. Please post in the thread who you're signing before you sign him in the game. Once you post who you're picking up in here, he's yours and cannot be taken by another team. And remember, free agents can be signed from the website, so you don't really have to be near your Xbox to figure out who you want.

Group 1 - Players on Roster - FA Signing
Steelers - 38
Colts - 41
Patriots - 42
Cowboys - 42 - Jason Jones, LE
Saints - 44
Giants - 45 - Kurt Warner, QB
Chiefs - 45 - Todd McClure, C
Bills - 45 - Felix Jones, HB

Group 2
Cardinals - 46
Texans - 46
49ers - 47
Chargers - 47
Panthers - 47
Dolphins - 48
Browns - 49
Bengals - 49

Group 3
Vikings - 49
Seahawks - 49
Falcons - 50
Jaguars - 50
Ravens - 51
Eagles - 51
Jets - 51
Packers - 52

Group 4
Raiders - 52
Lions - 52
Broncos - 53
Bucaneers - 53
Titans - 53
Bears - 54
Redskins - 56
Rams - 57

#5405 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

So just to clarify once the first group is done. FA is completely open?

#5406 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

So just to clarify once the first group is done. FA is completely open?

No...once all groups have gone.

#5407 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

No...once all groups have gone.

Ok that's what I thought. Lol

#5408 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

n8, what I meant was I'm assuming we will be through the groups close to tomorrow morning.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5409 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I just want to throw something out there...at the risk of kicking up a shitstorm again, but the trade committee has been discussing the idea that any trade proposal that is not submitted with the proper information just gets an immediate rejection, with a simple "Incomplete" response.

Most of you probably can't even begin to imagine the chaos that was yesterday. We had last second proposals, incomplete information, arguing over rulings, repeat proposals that started to verge on spamming. All while trying to get a 32 team draft underway. Because of all of this, there was one proposal that even got overlooked.

I can completely accept that some of it just "comes with the territory". But at the same time, it's not an excuse for being lazy. I don't mean this as an attack or a complaint against anyone. There's nothing to be gained from that. Some people are new to the trade process and obviously, even the most experienced among us make mistakes from time to time. I just feel like we need to streamline the process a little more for the benefit of the league.

The process for proposing a trade is in the OP, but I'll post it here.

If you have discussed a trade with another owner and have come to an agreement, please PM the trade proposal to CAGLeagueSports, citing all player names, positions, ages, overall ratings, and contract info (years and dollar amount REMAINING). We will following the official NFL trading deadline this year, which typically is after Week 8.

The only other restriction on trading is that any player that is newly acquired by a team must be on his new team for 6 weeks before being eligible to be moved again. This applies to both players acquired through trades and via free agency.

One other thing we've been discussing is how worthless OVR is. Yes, it's basically always been that way in Madden, but I honestly think the concept of schemes makes it even worse this year. A player can have a 20+ point jump from one scheme to another. Considering this, the idea was raised of scrapping even reporting OVR when proposing a trade, and instead listing relevant stats for that position. It would look something like this:

QB: Short, medium, long throw accuracy, throwing power, awareness, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

RB: Speed, acceleration, Elusiveness, Carry, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

WR: Speed, Catch, Catch in Traffic, Spec. Catch, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

TE: Run Blocking, Catch, Catch in Traffic, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

O-Line: Run block, pass block impact block, strength plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

D-Line: Block Shedding, Tackle, Power Movie, Strength, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

Lineback: Pursuit, Tackle, Speed, Awareness, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

D-Back: Man coverage, zone coverage, speed, catch, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

Kicker/Punter: Power and accuracy.

The idea is that this would make evaluating trades a much simpler process and make it easier to see what is fair (though it would make proposing them more involved). But for those of you who have had a problem with committee decisions as of late, it should be worth the extra effort.

#5410 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Not to step on any toes... but a template in the OP may be the best approach to make the process smoother. I only submitted one trade, but was oblivious to how to submit. Hence, why I piece mailed a lot of info your way which I apologize for.

I just want to throw something out there...at the risk of kicking up a shitstorm again, but the trade committee has been discussing the idea that any trade proposal that is not submitted with the proper information just gets an immediate rejection, with a simple "Incomplete" response.

Most of you probably can't even begin to imagine the chaos that was yesterday. We had last second proposals, incomplete information, arguing over rulings, repeat proposals that started to verge on spamming. All while trying to get a 32 team draft underway. Because of all of this, there was one proposal that even got overlooked.

I can completely accept that some of it just "comes with the territory". But at the same time, it's not an excuse for being lazy. I don't mean this as an attack or a complaint against anyone. There's nothing to be gained from that. Some people are new to the trade process and obviously, even the most experienced among us make mistakes from time to time. I just feel like we need to streamline the process a little more for the benefit of the league.

The process for proposing a trade is in the OP, but I'll post it here.

One other thing we've been discussing is how worthless OVR is. Yes, it's basically always been that way in Madden, but I honestly think the concept of schemes makes it even worse this year. A player can have a 20+ point jump from one scheme to another. Considering this, the idea was raised of scrapping even reporting OVR when proposing a trade, and instead listing relevant stats for that position. It would look something like this:

QB: Short, medium, long throw accuracy, throwing power, awareness, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

RB: Speed, acceleration, Elusiveness, Carry, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

WR: Speed, Catch, Catch in Traffic, Spec. Catch, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

TE: Run Blocking, Catch, Catch in Traffic, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

O-Line: Run block, pass block impact block, strength plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

D-Line: Block Shedding, Tackle, Power Movie, Strength, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

Lineback: Pursuit, Tackle, Speed, Awareness, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

D-Back: Man coverage, zone coverage, speed, catch, plus anything they think is useful to make their case.

Kicker/Punter: Power and accuracy.

The idea is that this would make evaluating trades a much simpler process and make it easier to see what is fair (though it would make proposing them more involved). But for those of you who have had a problem with committee decisions as of late, it should be worth the extra effort.

#5411 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

That
new way looks fantastic

#5412 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Not to step on any toes... but a template in the OP may be the best approach to make the process smoother. I only submitted one trade, but was oblivious to how to submit. Hence, why I piece mailed a lot of info your way which I apologize for.

I get what you're saying. But the order that it's listed in isn't really the issue. I think the idea that it should probably all be included in one message goes without saying though.

But yeah, we can add a template...assuming people will look at it, lol.

#5413 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

And just to update, injuries are now turned off. Feel free to play your Week 1 preseason game at any time.

#5414 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Heaven help me, I'm signing WR Roy Williams. Hook 'em Horns.

#5415 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I just thought I would say publiclly that this would be a great improvement. It would allow us to hopefully pass trades much more efficiently.

#5416 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I get what you're saying. But the order that it's listed in isn't really the issue. I think the idea that it should probably all be included in one message goes without saying though.

But yeah, we can add a template...assuming people will look at it, lol.

Would be very very helpful N8, I'd use it.

#5417 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

The WR I drafted in one of the late rounds, holy shit. I just have to throw it (high, deep, leading him way out in front) and he goes and gets it. He is ridiculous. Definitely an upgrade from Hester.

#5418 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Would be very very helpful N8, I'd use it.

Yea nobodys gonna remember all that.

#5419 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I always try to submit my trades in an organized manner, however I do forget or add the wrong information sometimes.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5420 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

i think injury and toughness should be a big factor it trades a player could be a stud but worthless if hes always getting hurt

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5421 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

N8 is it possible to send that to us in a PM or put it up (if not already done) in the original post.

Also when can we expect round 2 of FA for those teams?

#5422 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I agree we need to have the injury factor into trades.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#5423 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Yea nobodys gonna remember all that.

Unless you're Rain Main.

#5424 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

#5425 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I resent the 49ers-Chiefs trade with the requested information.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5426 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Jacquizz Rodgers is on the trading block. 23 years old, 76 overall, 76 durability, 85 speed but 94 agility, 97 acceleration, 87 elusiveness, 82 carrying, 76 catching.

Really need a solid cb in return.

#5427 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Group 2, you can now make your selection as well.

Groups 1 AND 2 are free to sign ONE free agent starting now. Please post in the thread who you're signing before you sign him in the game. Once you post who you're picking up in here, he's yours and cannot be taken by another team. And remember, free agents can be signed from the website, so you don't really have to be near your Xbox to figure out who you want.

Group 1 - Players on Roster - FA Signing
Steelers - 38
Colts - 41
Patriots - 42 - Roy Williams, WR
Cowboys - 42 - Jason Jones, LE
Saints - 44
Giants - 45 - Kurt Warner, QB
Chiefs - 45 - Todd McClure, C
Bills - 45 - Felix Jones, HB

Group 2
Cardinals - 46
Texans - 46
49ers - 47
Chargers - 47
Panthers - 47
Dolphins - 48
Browns - 49
Bengals - 49

Group 3
Vikings - 49
Seahawks - 49
Falcons - 50
Jaguars - 50
Ravens - 51
Eagles - 51
Jets - 51
Packers - 52

Group 4
Raiders - 52
Lions - 52
Broncos - 53
Bucaneers - 53
Titans - 53
Bears - 54
Redskins - 56
Rams - 57

#5428 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

N8 is it possible to send that to us in a PM or put it up (if not already done) in the original post.

Also when can we expect round 2 of FA for those teams?

I will definitely add it to the OP under the section on Trades. But PM'ing it to everyone is a little above and beyond. The idea here is to make people LESS lazy, lol.

Also, just so everyone is clear, if you get a response to a trade proposal that just says "Incomplete", the trade won't be evaluated until the correct info is submitted. It's not that I'm trying to be a dick about it. But if we want trades evaluated and processed in a timely manner, we ALL need to be on top of things. Even if you screw up and forget a piece of info, no big deal. See the "Incomplete" message, figure out what you forgot, and resubmit. None of it is anything anybody needs to get upset about. We're just striving for efficiency here.

#5429 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Dolphins take C - Phil Costa.

I'll physically sign him tonight.

#5430 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

bengals pick up
FB Dorin Dickerson

i know 3 FB but they have certain job for the team bengals are going for a new look on offense

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs