Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#5791 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

So looking at some boxscores, I guess it's ok for starters to play the whole game?

I was wondering that too.

#5792 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Advance! :)

#5793 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

So looking at some boxscores, I guess it's ok for starters to play the whole game?

It might not be that. After the 1st quarter, the game just sort of sticks players wherever. Barrett Ruud is my 2nd TE when the backups are inserted. Brandon Marshall gets played in some formations at TE. Matt Forte is put in as the 5th WR after the starters come out. It's just weird like that.

#5794 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

It might not be that. After the 1st quarter, the game just sort of sticks players wherever. Barrett Ruud is my 2nd TE when the backups are inserted. Brandon Marshall gets played in some formations at TE. Matt Forte is put in as the 5th WR after the starters come out. It's just weird like that.

Yeah, Doug Martin becomes my FB. Though I never use fb plays with him anyway

#5795 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

I'm not talking that, it's happened to me. I'm talking about starting quarterbacks playing the whole game.

#5796 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Bucs over the CPU Raiders 21-14:

Not a whole lot to write about in this one. The first string offenses traded TD's in the 1st quarter, McFadden ran it in for the Raiders and I answered with a with a 12 yard TD pass to my rookie slot WR Maurice Goss. Late in the 2nd quarter my backup TJ Yates found Mark Clayton who broke a tackle and took it 62 yards to the house making it 14-7 Bucs. In the 3rd quarter, momentum changed on a 3rd and 2 false start from my o-line...turning a run into a pass play that Yates threw an INT on. Raiders drove down the field and connected with their own rookie WR Jackson Burks for a 21 yard TD to tie it at 14. My defense held firm in the 4th quarter though and the offense had a great drive down the field converting on a couple 3rd downs including a beautiful slant to Todd Heap to move the chains. Ran it down their throat with Pierre Thomas after that and he broke the plain from a yard out with 16 seconds left to give the Bucs a 21-14 win.

Nice to see my rookie score.

#5797 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Six 4th down conversions. Huh.

#5798 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Nice to see my rookie score.

I knew I was in trouble as soon as he caught it too, he was just outside the 10, and he easily won the footrace to the endzone before my safety could get him.

#5799 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Wow.

#5800 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

I'm not talking that, it's happened to me. I'm talking about starting quarterbacks playing the whole game.

No need to beat around the bush. Name names and lets call people out. This stuff obviously shouldn't be happening. Starting to feel like more of a prison league than a gentlemen's league.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#5801 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I for one played stafford for 2 quarters instead of one, I don't see any issues with it. Looking through I can't really see any big time abuses.

#5802 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

From the stats houstan dallas arizona broncos packers and the 9ers are the only quarterbacks that have way more passing yards than the backups. I don't see much abuse most are 50/50 or 60/40

Some teams only have one qb like the giants or steelers.

#5803 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Running backs all look legit as well

#5804 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Anyone wanna scrimmage?

#5805 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Bears have a receiver with 800 yards other than that there are a bunch of 300 to high 100s so looks legit there as well

#5806 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Fourth down is the jets with 8 dolphins and browns with 5 and the rest of the league around 2-3

#5807 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

I for one played stafford for 2 quarters instead of one, I don't see any issues with it. Looking through I can't really see any big time abuses.

Thats what I try and do to. Have Ryan in for 2 quarters with White/Jones/Jones then replace with backups at 3rd quarter

#5808 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

All my WR's stats are legitimate. He's my #3 or 4 receiver when the starters are in, and then he's the #1 when the subs come in. He's also fast as a mf'er so he takes it to the house quick. Just ask Doc about him in our last game.

#5809 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Fourth down is the jets with 8 dolphins and browns with 5 and the rest of the league around 2-3

Add 6 more for the Jets from this last game

#5810 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

All the games left are sim games fyi

Also you can look at downs played and see qbs that don't come out. Anything over 110 seems abnormal only a few teams have players over that.

#5811 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

this pre season is quite the mess

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5812 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Just a rough time to get through it hasn't been that bad. Advance tonight have the games due by 12/29 at the latest and we are good to go for the season

#5813 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

i know one thing its not fun at all to play the computer once the scrubs come in and u stop them deep into there own territory since they dont switch the real punter back in some kicks go 25 yards some go 8. and even when u not try to the run the score up not much u can do there when ur at the 10 yard line with the ball. i just find it annoying. im ready for the regular season and for real games where people want to show up and play and somewhat care if they win or lose. i know theres not a single game i care about winning in preseason.

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5814 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Ya that part def sucks trying to not run up the score

#5815 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

From the stats houstan dallas arizona broncos packers and the 9ers are the only quarterbacks that have way more passing yards than the backups. I don't see much abuse most are 50/50 or 60/40

Some teams only have one qb like the giants or steelers.

I for one pass more with Newton when he is out there cause my backup QB sucks so I run the ball more. I don't see how passing yards is an accurate measurement of time played maybe downs played would be better.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5816 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Add 6 more for the Jets from this last game

LOL..i did not go for it 14 times on 4th down. My first game was simmed so I have no idea what my stats are from that. I don't ever remember going for it on my 2nd game... i may have but don't recall. I was playing the seahawks so u can ask him. This last game I was playing CPU and didnt feel like punting 10 yards with my backup. I also missed a pretty easy field goal last game with my backup so I just went for it whenever I was in FG range too. I NEVER play like this against real opponents or even against CPU during the regular season when I have my starters in. Jeez

#5817 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Thats what I try and do to. Have Ryan in for 2 quarters with White/Jones/Jones then replace with backups at 3rd quarter

I thought the consensus was to not make any changes and go with what the computer does for backups in the preseason game.

#5818 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

I thought the consensus was to not make any changes and go with what the computer does for backups in the preseason game.

That's what you're supposed to do. I don't know where people got the idea that it's OK to play their starters longer. That said, it is ok to swap your kicker and punter back. So, going for it on 4th down numerous times because of this issue is a lame ass excuse. In the future, ANYBODY who thinks it's ok to do something that goes against league rules needs to be asking about it first. The rest of us are playing with backups and are punting the ball.

We've advanced to the final week of pre season.

#5819 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

I've only gone for it on 4th down when I'm losing late in the game and need to score to come back. I mean, I'm 1-2 in the preseason so, I'm not doing it to be cheap.

#5820 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

That's what you're supposed to do. I don't know where people got the idea that it's OK to play their starters longer. That said, it is ok to swap your kicker and punter back. So, going for it on 4th down numerous times because of this issue is a lame ass excuse. In the future, ANYBODY who thinks it's ok to do something that goes against league rules needs to be asking about it first. The rest of us are playing with backups and are punting the ball.We've advanced to the final week of pre season.

We need to put that in the rules then, because I looked and didn't see it anywhere. I assumed we were going by the rules of don't blow up the score and you play your back ups.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.