Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#5941 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Stop telling lies. I hardly ever run the ball with Chris Johnson. This is nonsense.

But when you play Blade, watch out for the streak routes from his TE's. He loves giving it to his tight ends.

Haha gives it to the tight ends!!! Classic

#5942 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

lol ya 49ers passing game is very dangerous thats for sure not looking forward to that at all

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5943 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Stop telling lies. I hardly ever run the ball with Chris Johnson. This is nonsense.

But when you play Blade, watch out for the streak routes from his TE's. He loves giving it to his tight ends.

Haha good one. I will definitely try to bomb it to a tight end if there is only 1 safety in the back (lol). I wish you could use different playbooks in practice. I really want to find one with designed QB runs, and more dual TE options (guessing Patriots for this). Something with both would be great though.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5944 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Jets and Bills should be playing around 8:30 central tomorrow.

#5945 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Haha good one. I will definitely try to bomb it to a tight end if there is only 1 safety in the back (lol).

I was trying to play a back to front defense, but it didn't seem to be working. Also, don't get too comfortable with that outside run. Cause when you're least expecting it...you'll get Johnson up the middle. 8-)

#5946 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Jets and Bills should be playing around 8:30 central tomorrow.

last game i hope

Madden 25

#5947 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

I was trying to play a back to front defense, but it didn't seem to be working. Also, don't get too comfortable with that outside run. Cause when you're least expecting it...you'll get Johnson up the middle. 8-)

leave the hey diddle diddle CJ2K up the middle for another day or u will find urself running in to taylor mays

Madden 25

#5948 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Not sure how necessary this is, but DVO mentioned to me that people might be confused (even though we've been doing it this way all year) about advancement. The date listed in the title of the thread is the LAST DAY to get your game in. The majority of the time, I'll advance us the next morning because when school is in and my wife has to get up early for work, I'm with my daughter, and don't usually get a chance to think about league stuff.

Doing it this way gives people the last few hours of the night to get their games in while I'm unavailable. Despite constant questions of "have we advanced yet???", this has been the standard procedure all year. If all the games happen to be played before I'm unavailable for the night, of course, I'll advance us. But that seems to rarely happen. I haven't noticed this to be a problem, but for anyone who is having issues, always plan your next weeks game for the day after the date listed in the thread title. Simple enough?
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#5949 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

leave the hey diddle diddle CJ2K up the middle for another day or u will find urself running in to taylor mays

Spoiler

You've gotta catch him first.

#5950 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

lol u must not know about my defense or taylor mays. my CBs FS SS LBs all full of speed but Mays is the fastest one i think.

Madden 25

#5951 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'd rather CJ go up the middle then a chance to break a long run to the outside.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5952 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Where did DVO acquire all this shit-talking ability from? It surely ain't coming from the playoff success he's had in this league.

Also, that gingerbread man is creepy as Fuck.

#5953 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Where did DVO acquire all this shit-talking ability from? It surely ain't coming from the playoff success he's had in this league.

Burn

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5954 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'd rather CJ go up the middle then a chance to break a long run to the outside.

I have been known to break one off up the middle.

LOL...I know right. It's like Spider-Man impregnated an apple pie and gave birth to that thing. :bouncy:

#5955 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

I have been known to break one off up the middle.

In my opinion it's much easier to do to the outside, and I'd rather take the risk up the middle.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5956 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

In my opinion it's much easier to do to the outside, and I'd rather take the risk up the middle.

Oh, we're talking about Madden? Well, this is uncomfortable...

#5957 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Oh, we're talking about Madden? Well, this is uncomfortable...

Oh...awkward...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5958 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

You two will be happy together!

#5959 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Oh...awkward...

Posted Image

#5960 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

not to interrupt my favorite topics ever (giving it to the tight end, breaking it up the middle and all that 8-))....

In a score similar to their MLB counterparts the Rays and Braves, the Bucs edge out the CPU Falcons 12-10.

Atlanta scored on the opening drive on a Taiwan Jones TD run to make it 7-0. It stayed this way till with 35 seconds left in the first half, new Bucs sensation Bart Scott made himself known forcing a fumble recovered by Mark Barron. On the second play of the ensuing drive, Josh Freeman found VJax deep and he broke it the rest of the way for a a 73 yard score to tie it up. On the opening drive of the second half after taking a touchback, the Falcons offense sputtered as Jones ran 2 carries for -12 yards and on 3rd down Adrian Clayborn sacked Ryan in the endzone for a safety to make it 9-7 Tampa. The Falcons drove in the 4th quarter and kicked a 40 yd FG, but the Bucs answered with a long methodical drive. Doug Martin, although unable to get much of a ground game going pounded away at the D and VJax came up big with 2 key conversions, 1 on 4th down and then another on 3rd that put the Bucs in easy FG range and made Atlanta use up their timeouts. Connor Barth kicked an easy 21 yarder with 29 seconds left and Ryan couldnt get anything going on the last series.

for stats:

Josh Freeman 10/16 185 yds 1 TD 1 INT
Matt Ryan 10/11 97 yds 0 TDs 0 INTs

Doug Martin 16 carries 26 yds
Taiwan Jones 15 carries 41 yds 1 TD

Vincent Jackson 5 rec 152 yds 1 TD

Bart Scott led the Bucs D with 5 tackles and the FF. New addition Erin Henderson added a forced fumble of his own, as did Aqib Talib. Adrian Clayborn had the sack for a safety and rookie CB Brad Henry added a sack as well. Atlanta got an INT from CB Brent Grimes, and sacks from Ray Edwards and Will Moore.

#5961 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

last season i played with a team that didnt have the weapons i need to be successful this year is another story. i add 4 WRs to go along with aj green and my defense was much of an issue last year it was mainly the fact that i couldnt ever get much going on offense. we will just see what happens when we play. i havent changed any of my defense from last year my offense well its a whole new squad so if i get the same defense results this year as last year im confident that i can make the playoffs

Madden 25

#5962 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

So, a great game between N8 and I, I lost 13-10, but I have a pretty big beef with the league rules.

I know I'm the new guy and won't get any support on this, but I wanted to bring up the "Going for it on 4th" rules. In GameStyle, league rules say "play it like you're an NFL coach". Well, tied at 10 in the middle of the 3rd quarter, I hit a guy for a few yeards bringing up 4th and inches. N8 had just scored a TD to tie it, in pretty easy fashion, to start the half, and I figured he had found his groove and was gonna start shooting it out in the 2nd half. So I decided rather than punt the ball and probably go down 7 after his next drive, I'd try for the inch to gain some momentum back. Figured, if I miss, he'll have a better opprotunity to score, but he probably will anyway with the drive he had just set up with Chris Johnson. But then I am told I can't go for it, only because I'm in my own zone.

Is that really the only reason for the rule? I could find numurous occasions in the NFL where coaches have gone for it on 4th in their own zone. Is that all I have to do to meet the "requirements" of the league rule?

Again, I don't expect any support on my complaining, and I'm sure if I went back through the 300 pages of the thread, I'd find other conversations about it. But if that's the way the league works, I might not be the best fit.

#5963 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Titans - 13
Dolphins - 10

The Titans escape South Beach with a narrow victory. Something just felt off with my team in this game. I feel like I wasn't used to playing with my starters, lol. Locker was overthrowing receivers. Receivers were dropping balls. CJ seemed like he was JUST short of breaking several runs. I figured out pretty quickly that if I gave Wpark time to throw, his two huge FA WR acquisitions would make me pay. I had to start sending pressure, and fortunately, I was able to get to Tannehill a few times.

We had one little hiccup in the 3rd quarter. On a 3rd and 5, Miami ran a draw, and one of my guys stopped it just short of the 1st down. Facing 4th and inches at his own 30 yard line, in a 10-10 game, Wpark chose a play that looked like a QB sneak. I paused the game to let him know that in that situation, going for it really isn't the right call. He didn't seem to have a problem with it, and punted the ball.

I had a 4th and 1 on the next drive at around the Miami 21. I thought about going for it, myself, but again, considered the situation, and the opportunity to take the lead with a field goal seemed like the right call. That ended up being the last score of the game. This game was mostly a defensive struggle, with only one turnover (Locker threw an INT). Miami fumbled twice but recovered both times. GG, Wpark. Definitely a close one.

Titans
Jake Locker - 7-14, 157 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Chris Johnson - 13 att, 85 yds, 1 TD
Jared Cook Jr - 2 rec, 68 yds
Kendall Wright - 2 rec, 27 yds
Derrick Morgan - 4 tackles, 3 sacks
Will Witherspoon - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF
Pat Sims - 2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF

Dolphins
Ryan Tannehill - 8-13, 146 yds, 1 TD
Jwan Gibson - 10 att, 29 yds, 1 rec, 20 yds
Jeremy Shockey - 2 rec, 30 yds
Greg Jennings - 2 rec, 56 yds, 1 TD
Mike Wallace - 2 rec, 26 yds
Richard Marshall - 5 tackles, 1 INT

#5964 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Titans - 13
Dolphins - 10

The Titans escape South Beach with a narrow victory. Something just felt off with my team in this game. I feel like I wasn't used to playing with my starters, lol. Locker was overthrowing receivers. Receivers were dropping balls. CJ seemed like he was JUST short of breaking several runs. I figured out pretty quickly that if I gave Wpark time to throw, his two huge FA WR acquisitions would make me pay. I had to start sending pressure, and fortunately, I was able to get to Tannehill a few times.

We had one little hiccup in the 3rd quarter. On a 3rd and 5, Miami ran a draw, and one of my guys stopped it just short of the 1st down. Facing 4th and inches at his own 30 yard line, in a 10-10 game, Wpark chose a play that looked like a QB sneak. I paused the game to let him know that in that situation, going for it really isn't the right call. He didn't seem to have a problem with it, and punted the ball.

I had a 4th and 1 on the next drive at around the Miami 21. I thought about going for it, myself, but again, considered the situation, and the opportunity to take the lead with a field goal seemed like the right call. That ended up being the last score of the game. This game was mostly a defensive struggle, with only one turnover (Locker threw an INT). Miami fumbled twice but recovered both times. GG, Wpark. Definitely a close one.

Titans
Jake Locker - 7-14, 157 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Chris Johnson - 13 att, 85 yds, 1 TD
Jared Cook Jr - 2 rec, 68 yds
Kendall Wright - 2 rec, 27 yds
Derrick Morgan - 4 tackles, 3 sacks
Will Witherspoon - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF
Pat Sims - 2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF

Dolphins
Ryan Tannehill - 8-13, 146 yds, 1 TD
Jwan Gibson - 10 att, 29 yds, 1 rec, 20 yds
Jeremy Shockey - 2 rec, 30 yds
Greg Jennings - 2 rec, 56 yds, 1 TD
Mike Wallace - 2 rec, 26 yds
Richard Marshall - 5 tackles, 1 INT

Yeah man, I'm upset about it, but it obviously wasn't the turning point of the game. I had other chances. Like I said in my Xbox message, it is what it is. I understand the rules are here to stop any over aggressive behavior, just felt like it could have gone either way. Good game in any case, made me feel like I can at least run with the league and won't get my ass destroyed every game.

#5965 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

So, a great game between N8 and I, I lost 13-10, but I have a pretty big beef with the league rules.

I know I'm the new guy and won't get any support on this, but I wanted to bring up the "Going for it on 4th" rules. In GameStyle, league rules say "play it like you're an NFL coach". Well, tied at 10 in the middle of the 3rd quarter, I hit a guy for a few yeards bringing up 4th and inches. N8 had just scored a TD to tie it, in pretty easy fashion, to start the half, and I figured he had found his groove and was gonna start shooting it out in the 2nd half. So I decided rather than punt the ball and probably go down 7 after his next drive, I'd try for the inch to gain some momentum back. Figured, if I miss, he'll have a better opprotunity to score, but he probably will anyway with the drive he had just set up with Chris Johnson. But then I am told I can't go for it, only because I'm in my own zone.

Is that really the only reason for the rule? I could find numurous occasions in the NFL where coaches have gone for it on 4th in their own zone. Is that all I have to do to meet the "requirements" of the league rule?

Again, I don't expect any support on my complaining, and I'm sure if I went back through the 300 pages of the thread, I'd find other conversations about it. But if that's the way the league works, I might not be the best fit.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think any coach would go for it on 4th down at their own 30 in a tie game in the 3rd quarter. To me, that's a call you make because it's Madden and QB sneaks are somewhat easy...not because it's football. Like I said, I had a 4th and 1 at YOUR 20 after that, and I could have decided to go for blood, and try to get the 7 point lead (which no one could deny wouldn't be tempting). But to me, the right football call was to take the 3 points and trust my defense considering it was a defensive battle and points were at a bit of a premium. Had you forced a 3 and out after that punt, I doubt you'd feel the same way.

#5966 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

God I suck at this game. Doesn't help when Madden decides to screw me left and right.

#5967 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think any coach would go for it on 4th down at their own 30 in a tie game in the 3rd quarter. To me, that's a call you make because it's Madden and QB sneaks are somewhat easy...not because it's football. Like I said, I had a 4th and 1 at YOUR 20 after that, and I could have decided to go for blood, and try to get the 7 point lead (which no one could deny wouldn't be tempting). But to me, the right football call was to take the 3 points and trust my defense considering it was a defensive battle and points were at a bit of a premium. Had you forced a 3 and out after that punt, I doubt you'd feel the same way.

Just my own $.02 on this:

I agree that in the 3rd quarter, no NFL coach would go for it there in a tie game at their own 30. But, we are playing with 5 minute quarter lengths so the middle of the 3rd quarter would mean theres about 7-8 minutes of actual game time left...I could see a couple coaches going for it on a 4th and inches at that point. It certainly wouldnt be a popular call and outside of Belichick it would be pretty rare to see a coach actually go for it, but I do think several coaches would at least bring the guys on the field and try to draw the defense offsides. Not really taking sides here since I see it both ways, but I do understand why you'd at least bring the offense on the field on a 4th and inches there.

#5968 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Just my own $.02 on this:

I agree that in the 3rd quarter, no NFL coach would go for it there in a tie game at their own 30. But, we are playing with 5 minute quarter lengths so the middle of the 3rd quarter would mean theres about 7-8 minutes of actual game time left...I could see a couple coaches going for it on a 4th and inches at that point. It certainly wouldnt be a popular call and outside of Belichick it would be pretty rare to see a coach actually go for it, but I do think several coaches would at least bring the guys on the field and try to draw the defense offsides. Not really taking sides here since I see it both ways, but I do understand why you'd at least bring the offense on the field on a 4th and inches there.

That's pretty much my mentality at the time. It's cool though. I stupidly used a time out to go back and select punt when i should have just taken the Delay of Game, looking back that was obviously my fault. But again, it didn't take away from the competitiveness of the game...and with the past N8 and I have in these leagues, I'm quite happy that we played what I felt was a pretty gentlemanly game.

#5969 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Got disconnected with kasters dad up 20-0 with about to minutes left in the 3rd. We are replaying the game now.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5970 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the trading block. If anybody would be intrested pm me.