Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#6241 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I think we should just leave it where it is. It seems both of you take what the other is saying out of context, or not the way the other was meaning it to come across. I don't mind the banter sometimes, but when both of you get going and start arguing it's just annoying.

Which is why I put him on ignore for a little while. Go look at the posts on the last couple pages and tell me he's not looking for trouble. It's instigating.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#6242 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Sorry, I value intelligence and level-headedness on the committee more than "got nothing to do". Even without you, we've actually got 6 people on the committee right now...which is why sometimes I don't even need to vote. Honestly, I think these trade proposals got overlooked because people were sidetracked having to defend the merits of the committee and talk people out of their conspiracy theories. Staying on topic and keeping things relevant would serve us much better than switching the committee around.

Having said that...

Trade Rejected

The committee didn't think enough was going back to the Giants in this one. Mercilus is a solid prospect, but Walter is a bit old for a mid-tier receiver, and comes with a pretty hefty price tag. A suggestion of bumping that 4th round pick up to a 2nd round pick was made by one member.

Resubmitted.

#6243 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Assuming I'm the member n8 was referring to, I did actually say a 2nd or 3rd pick from Houston would be good for me.

#6244 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Looking to trade Steve Johnson WR and Byrd FS for a high profile linebacker or a high rated lineman.

#6245 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Looking to trade Steve Johnson WR and Byrd FS for a high profile linebacker or a high rated lineman.

o line or d line?

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#6246 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

The Colts have a bit of a different looking roster. Andrew Luck was traded, but the Colts got Eli Manning instead. There was also a trade with Atlanta that the previous owner agreed to right before he bailed, to acquire Michael Turner and Asante Samuel for Reggie Wayne and Vernon Davis (who was acquired with a 3rd round pick for Coby Fleener and Vontae Davis).

But what I realized last night is that EA took away another feature from the website. I can't move players like I could in Madden 12. So, without having a new owner for the Colts, that trade can't be put through anyway. I'd hate to take away those players from a new owner...but the trade was agreed to and approved and was supposed to be put through before the draft. But the Colts owner never showed up, and then he quit like a day later.

I joined the other league and had an option to either keep a trade or to ignore the trade and it would be treated like it never happened. I believe that should be the same thing that happens with the new owner.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6247 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

I joined the other league and had an option to either keep a trade or to ignore the trade and it would be treated like it never happened. I believe that should be the same thing that happens with the new owner.

i do agree this is a fair choice but a choice the falcons owner may not like.

i still believe this could have been avoid though if we put a squatter in place to put the trade thru when the colts owner acted like a dick and just bailed after making a deal. but in others thoughts he could have just not cared knowing that he was leaving and took the trade. theres really know telling.

Madden 25

#6248 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Assuming I'm the member n8 was referring to, I did actually say a 2nd or 3rd pick from Houston would be good for me.

Et tu pitfall? Lol yes we resubmitted along those lines! Thanks for clarifying bud.

#6249 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Sidebar: anyone else playing far cry 3?

#6250 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Trade block thus far:

RB Jahvid Best SPD 96 AGI 93 ACC 95 CAR 86 CTH 68 CIT 67 SPC 64 (20k exp on him)
RB M Leshoure
WR Josh Cribbs
WR Keith Durham
TE Brandon Pettigrew
TE Evan Moore
LT Jeff Backus
LE Cliff Avril 92 overall
DT N Fairley
SS Amari Spievey
SS Eric Coleman

I got tired of typing stats after best, just hit me up and let me know if you're interested in any of them. Looking for offers (mostly on defense, CB's or LB's) or picks.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6251 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

things were brewing in the jungle then they died off but then something else came across and its time to bite into it while its still on the table

Madden 25

#6252 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

sending a trade thru sending it kaster becuz the commish blocked me and ignored me

Madden 25

#6253 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Why's it always gotta be about you? Just cause you've won two Super Bowls you think you're Stan Lombardi or something. 8-)

While I'm not against this concept, the only issue I see is that the Falcons/Colts trade was approved at the same time as the Andrew Luck trade...which was basically the last thing Snakemaster did before dropping. I guess we could just take the "thems the breaks/toughski shitski" stance, but that would suck for slofton.

#6254 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

I think that trade should be processed considering it was part of a 3 way trade.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6255 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

I think that trade should be processed considering it was part of a 3 way trade.

It was? Unless I'm missing what you're saying, the Luck trade was the 3 way, and it did get put through.

#6256 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Bucs trading block:

RE Adrian Clayborn: 87 Block Shedding 93 Power Moves 64 Finesse Moves 89 STR 85 TOUGH 88 INJ

RE Dillard Wiliams (my 2nd round pick this year, he should be eligible to trade once I play my week 2 game Sunday): 63 Block Shedding 70 Power Moves 92 Finesse Moves 88 SPD 70 STR 94 ACC 85 TOUGH

All of my draft picks (especially my first rounder)

Looking for a solid WR. Willing to package either of the RE's and a high draft pick for a more top-tier WR, otherwise prefer a WR of similar rating level (Clayborn is an 82 OVR in my scheme and Williams is an 80 OVR) for just the RE. Open to moving other players as well, PM me if interested.

#6257 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

It was? Unless I'm missing what you're saying, the Luck trade was the 3 way, and it did get put through.

i think blade has it messed up the 3 way was
bengals giants colts it got put thru

the other trade was
colts and falcons trade was approved never put thru.

simple thing to do is just keep the trade as it was a agreed to at the same time as mine was so its only fair to the falcons to get thoughs guy. get a squatter like staticz to do it. problem solved everyone is happy the new guy cant be mad becuz thats how it was suppose to be and if he dont like it there are other teams. why break the trust of a member u know and has been around longer in the league to get a new one that might just end up bailing. and lose a member becuz u didnt honor his trade after approving it. i always believe in honoring the person thats been around longer.

Edited by DVO21, 05 January 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Madden 25

#6258 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Ah I thought it was part of that. In any case I still think that trade should be put through.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6259 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Ah I thought it was part of that. In any case I still think that trade should be put through.

I think it's just a matter of finding the appropriate thing to replace the pick that was supposed to go to the Colts, while making sure they have the right number of tight ends.

#6260 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

i think blade has it messed up the 3 way was
bengals giants colts it got put thru

the other trade was
colts and falcons trade was approved never put thru.

simple thing to do is just keep the trade as it was a agreed to at the same time as mine was so its only fair to the falcons to get thoughs guy. get a squatter like staticz to do it. problem solved everyone is happy the new guy cant be mad becuz thats how it was suppose to be and if he dont like it there are other teams. why break the trust of a member u know and has been around longer in the league to get a new one that might just end up bailing. and lose a member becuz u didnt honor his trade after approving it.

Leaving a team vacant so I don't have any control over what the CPU does is not "problem solved". So, having staticz do it wouldn't work. We'd have to get somebody else, have them do the trade, and then we'd need that person to stay on as a permanent squatter until we found an owner for the team. That's how it would have to work...and that's the kind of stuff you don't think of when you make your "simple" suggestions. Right now, Snakemaster still has the Colts and can be turned on and off autopilot any time we need to prevent the CPU from running wild.

#6261 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

im sure bv would squat. or someone else would from the other league maybe chetty or hemm even might do it. sorry i mentioned a single name from the other league and u didnt think of using someone else. im done giving advise to try and help. u just act like a dick for no damn reason then we go back and fourth and then u try to act the end act all high and mighty but ur just a total dick with a power trip.
u had no problem with my idea other than the name of the person i said and u had to try and belittle me but if ur so damn smart then why not just say thats a good idea but we cant use him he is on the panthers we need someone else instead ur a smartass. then u wonder why sometimes i try to push ur buttons. i liked it better when u said u werent going to respond to wut i said. it was advise and if its advise u dont like no need to be belittle someone just dont say shit ur suppose to be the commish and have the highest standards of us all not belittle people for trying to help.
by the way if u read it right i just get a squatter like staticz which would mean finding someone to do wut he does. i said like him i didnt say him now did i read next time plz

Madden 25

#6262 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

im sure bv would squat. or someone else would from the other league maybe chetty or hemm even might do it. sorry i mentioned a single name from the other league and u didnt think of using someone else. im done giving advise to try and help. u just act like a dick for no damn reason then we go back and fourth and then u try to act the end act all high and mighty but ur just a total dick with a power trip.
u had no problem with my idea other than the name of the person i said and u had to try and belittle me but if ur so damn smart then why not just say thats a good idea but we cant use him he is on the panthers we need someone else instead ur a smartass. then u wonder why sometimes i try to push ur buttons. i liked it better when u said u werent going to respond to wut i said. it was advise and if its advise u dont like no need to be belittle someone just dont say shit ur suppose to be the commish and have the highest standards of us all not belittle people for trying to help

Perhaps the commish would listen to your suggestions more if you didnt attack him every time you don't get your way....

#6263 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Perhaps the commish would listen to your suggestions more if you didnt attack him every time you don't get your way....

i dont attack i defend my opinion i never take personal shots at him like he does to me. whats the point of having an opinion if ur not willing to defend it. once again i give a suggestion and n8 crew comes to attack me. sorry for trying help

Madden 25

#6264 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

i dont attack i defend my opinion i never take personal shots at him like he does to me. whats the point of having an opinion if ur not willing to defend it. once again i give a suggestion and n8 crew comes to attack me. sorry for trying help

The Nate Crew has a proud and storied history as evidenced by this picture.
Spoiler

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#6265 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

now that my week 2 game is up im allowed to trade players that i signed thru FA and trades now correct since week 3 is when we can start but my game 2 is up so i cna make proposals

Correct. Anyone that was traded/signed before the first preseason game was played anyway.

so this means my trade is good to go on review then correct from wut u said before just wanted to double check since im not getting any word back
page 305 incase u think its been tampered

Madden 25

#6266 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

so this means my trade is good to go on review then correct from wut u said before just wanted to double check since im not getting any word back
page 305 incase u think its been tampered

It's been less than an hour since you submitted the trade, I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#6267 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

its not that i was told it couldnt be reviewed becuz the player couldnt be traded i got the message from jza thats why i posted that not becuz i expect results already that would be insane considering the trade i expect it to take a little bit for the committee to think this one over

Madden 25

#6268 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

First off, I'm not one of n8's "crew" so dont even lump me into that. I've expressed disagreements with him as well but I respect that ultimately he's trying to run a good clean league even if we disagree about some of the policies in place.

Second off you've made plenty of personal shots at him, heck you just called him a dick 2 posts ago, here:

u just act like a dick for no damn reason then we go back and fourth and then u try to act the end act all high and mighty but ur just a total dick with a power trip.
u had no problem with my idea other than the name of the person i said and u had to try and belittle me but if ur so damn smart then why not just say thats a good idea but we cant use him he is on the panthers we need someone else instead ur a smartass.

So please, stop acting like you're some innocent party in all this and that Nate or the trade committee or anyone else is out to get you. Nobody is buying it.

Edited by GamerDude316, 05 January 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#6269 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

The Nate Crew has a proud and storied history as evidenced by this picture.

Ah, I remember that picture. Good times!

Kaster, you have my full support to be DVO's personal commissioner. I am invoking the DVO opt out clause of my contract. He gave me 2 minutes to respond to his PM or he was going to you with his trade proposal...and wouldn't you know it, I happened to be making a sandwich during that time. You have my utmost confidence to handle any and all decisions involving DVO from this point forward. Good luck...and God speed. :)

#6270 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

only reason i did it like that is becuz u flat out said u had me blocked wut did u expect me to do i dont know if the message was going to be blocked and u not get it and then all the work i put into the trade is wasted becuz it was blocked from ur inbox

im guessing i wont be invited back for madden 14 in this league as well

Edited by DVO21, 05 January 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Madden 25