Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#6691 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Odd conversation to be having in the middle of this, lol, but why not? I'm really liking it so far. I haven't watched wrestling in years, and I honestly haven't felt that there has been anyone too entertaining since The Rock left (though, now that he's "back", we'll see where it goes). And really, as the game points out, wrestling was at its pinnacle in the late 90s/early 2000s when WWE and WCW were going head to head.

WWE 13 does a great job of capturing that. I just got the game a few days ago and just started playing through the Attitude Era, and it's great. Reliving those awesome matches and trying to recreate their big moments is fun as hell. And THQ bringing back a lot of the wrestlers from that era (not to mention ones you can download and share) just brings so much to the game.

I was really big into the nWo, so being able to download Hogan and Scott Hall (Kevin Nash is already in the game) and all the others is really great. To me, it's like what 2K did with NBA 2K11/2K12. It's kinda feels like playing an old game with all the people you remember from your childhood...but with the luxury of modern video game hardware. Not only is it a good game, but it has that nostalgia appeal as well.

Does it have Val Venus? That guy was fucking hilarious.

#6692 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't have the majority of people on my friends list. You could either look it up in the OP or go to user teams and hit left stick I believe like someone else already mentioned. It just seems like a very weak attempt and the blame is on both of you.

Well, it wasn't a problem yesterday when we played. In any event, yes I do agree it seems that mistakes were made on both sides.

#6693 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well, it wasn't a problem yesterday when we played. In any event, yes I do agree it seems that mistakes were made on both sides.

Burn the heretics!

#6694 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

I clicked on his name from my "recently played" list and his gamercard said "offline".

I can play tonight. I've said many times in this thread that my work schedule is messed up so i only play before 1230 and after 1030. I really don't want my game summer but if it has to be, whatever then, guess it would be the best option.

#6695 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

you play cleveland DVO

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6696 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

i mean i could agree with is statement id much rather play a human than a computer. and his skill level isnt above anyone elses in here. Hes just a guy that wants to get better and thats what this leagues for. i understand that he backed out of the league but thats before the ball was officially rolling. and i know he had one bad moment in the other league with me. but thats one bad moment we have all had them. i dont understand the reasoning of not wanting to let him in. if he comes in and that other guy that was going to buy madden we would we one team away from having this league back at full strength. i find that to be a giant step foward for us.

While I agree with Nate's basic premise that not any human is better than a CPU, I don't have a problem with neworlbush joining. He didn't leave on bad terms, hell, he left before we got underway.

And if Staticz wants the Panthers I say God bless him. Heck, can we chip in on a fruit basket as a thank you?

#6697 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I clicked on his name from my "recently played" list and his gamercard said "offline".

I can play tonight. I've said many times in this thread that my work schedule is messed up so i only play before 1230 and after 1030. I really don't want my game summer but if it has to be, whatever then, guess it would be the best option.

I work nights, and won't be home until after 230 am.

#6698 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

you play cleveland DVO

thank you

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#6699 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm not even gonna lie. I probably will be up at that time if you wanted to play. I usually don't fall asleep until 3-4 anyways.

#6700 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I say let them have those teams.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6701 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I would take any team, I would prefer the colts, but wouldn't mind the panthers either

#6702 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Is Raven in wwe13? Man I loved him back in the day.

Not sure if there's a THQ made Raven character, but I know you can download him from the community.

Does it have Val Venus? That guy was fucking hilarious.

Val Venis (like penis...remember "Hellooooooo ladies...", lol) is DLC, but I'm positive there's also a free version made by the community.

Hell, with as much arguing as there is in here, we should have had a WWE 13 league, and write storylines where we sleep with each others mothers, lol. E-fed up in this bitch. 8-)

#6703 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

While I agree with Nate's basic premise that not any human is better than a CPU, I don't have a problem with neworlbush joining. He didn't leave on bad terms, hell, he left before we got underway.

And if Staticz wants the Panthers I say God bless him. Heck, can we chip in on a fruit basket as a thank you?

I would take any team, I would prefer the colts, but wouldn't mind the panthers either

Ya know, my daughter actually slept through the night last night, so I don't feel like murdering people quite as much today. I think that's fair enough. If neworlbush wants the Colts, he can have them. And if staticz wants to actually take charge of the P(roject)anthers, that's fine too.

I'm not even gonna lie. I probably will be up at that time if you wanted to play. I usually don't fall asleep until 3-4 anyways.

I say you guys play the game (if possible) and I'll advance us to Week 4 in the morning. It's a division game, and there's been so much build up. We need closure. ;)
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#6704 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I'd like to join too. I'll take whichever team he doesn't.

CAG name: njrockpd
XBL name: harrybodyshots
Availability: Mon - Fri 4 - 10 pm/ Weekend by appointment

#6705 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

lol that leaves the chargers for u i guess

Madden 25

#6706 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

No love for the chargers on this website.

#6707 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

No love for the chargers on this website.

Good. They deserve it :D

#6708 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Welcome new members! DVO will send you your new members trade proposal packet shortly. :lol:

#6709 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Welcome new members! DVO will send you your new members trade proposal packet shortly. :lol:

lol nice ;) but that isnt happening well not yet atleast

Madden 25

#6710 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'd like to join too. I'll take whichever team he doesn't.

CAG name: njrockpd
XBL name: harrybodyshots
Availability: Mon - Fri 4 - 10 pm/ Weekend by appointment

Wait...are you a friend of Chetty or Hemingway (you're in the other league right?) If you're as good as either of them, you definitely shouldn't be playing here.

#6711 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I don't know if I am as good as them. I have around 600 skill points in online play.

#6712 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

The thing is, I can't guarantee what time I'll be home. I'm at the mercy of my boss and the train. Some nights its 230, other nights its after 3. Without being able to guarantee a time, I'm not sure how much sense that's gonna make.

#6713 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I'd let him show his strength or lack there of in the main league then open him up here.

#6714 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

You mean I can have the Panthers? You guys are too kind! ;)

Looking forward to playing some extra Madden!
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#6715 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Good. Now, go clean up their roster. And don't forget to look between the couch cushions for spare change. And also, I'd like a sandwich while you're at it. Your brother can show you where the kitchen is, lol ;)

#6716 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I thought guys who made the playoffs in the other league were considered too good to play in here? :D

33126.png

#6717 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I thought guys who made the playoffs in the other league were considered too good to play in here? :D

I'm making the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons!
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#6718 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

My offer still stands. If you want to dump cap space I have plenty and I am willing to take the hit that the Panthers aren't physically able to. PM me.

Also, I have been kind of lost lately in this thread. With classes starting back up, and everything going on, I have been super busy. Hopefully things will quiet down as I get in back in the swing of things.

#6719 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

I have 11 offensive linemen....eleven.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#6720 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

I have 11 offensive linemen....eleven.

Is that a lot? I carry 10 on my rosters.

33126.png