Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#6781 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

All right, we've advanced to Week 4. Games will be due by 1/14.

Also, Snakemaster has finally been booted as the Colts owner and neworlbush25 has an invite.

Is the Falcons/Colts trade still good?

#6782 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

inquiring divisional opponents want to know :D

#6783 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

inquiring divisional opponents want to know :D

Hey hey! Eyes on your own paper!

#6784 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

hey hey! Eyes on your own paper!

8-)

#6785 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

You'll have to forgive us for being a bit gunshy about taking new members who are unsure how good they are. Chetty and Hemingway played here in the first season, and went a combined 29-1 against the rest of the league. That's not to say that there aren't good players here, but if we bring in people who are virtually unbeatable, it makes the league pointless.

Honestly, if you'd care to "try out", I wouldn't mind scrimmaging with you some time (though, if I'm remembering my own Madden score, I'm pretty sure I was at like 540 with a 17-7 record recently...so 600 is pretty damn good). We're definitely not against having good people here, but like I said...if you're head and shoulders above the rest of the league, it turns into a waste of time for everyone else.

Go rip Doom's brother a new one! Do it! Do it! Do it! lol :lol:

I played my first game in the other league and Og whitewidow whooped me. I don't know if that gives you a better idea of my skill level?

#6786 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Odd conversation to be having in the middle of this, lol, but why not? I'm really liking it so far. I haven't watched wrestling in years, and I honestly haven't felt that there has been anyone too entertaining since The Rock left (though, now that he's "back", we'll see where it goes). And really, as the game points out, wrestling was at its pinnacle in the late 90s/early 2000s when WWE and WCW were going head to head.

WWE 13 does a great job of capturing that. I just got the game a few days ago and just started playing through the Attitude Era, and it's great. Reliving those awesome matches and trying to recreate their big moments is fun as hell. And THQ bringing back a lot of the wrestlers from that era (not to mention ones you can download and share) just brings so much to the game.

I was really big into the nWo, so being able to download Hogan and Scott Hall (Kevin Nash is already in the game) and all the others is really great. To me, it's like what 2K did with NBA 2K11/2K12. It's kinda feels like playing an old game with all the people you remember from your childhood...but with the luxury of modern video game hardware. Not only is it a good game, but it has that nostalgia appeal as well.

Yea well that I what I thought as well. Remember I asked about NHL 13 and a lot of people from the forums were saying it was nowhere near what it has been in the past. I decided to take it back and was going to get WWE 13 because like you I was a pretty big fan of the NWO (btw awesome rise and fall documfil on it on Netflix now that tells the whole story) but when I went to Wal Mart to trade it I literally had WWE in my hand when my wife was like "ohh look Far Cry 3 and I heard it got amazing reviews" haha so I switched them. I definitely don't regret it as Far Cry is freaking amazing but am still debating on getting it. I asked her a few days later why she quasi persuaded me to switch and she said she couldn't see me playing WWE as much and as intently as far cry. Surprisingly compelling argument actually.

Like I said next bonus check though I may snag WWE. How's multiplayer? Lol

#6787 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Had to feed my daughter and get her to bed, but I'm about to advance us now. Before I do, say hello to the new strike policy. If you think it's harsh, it's supposed to be. No excuses anymore.

New Strike Policy (in effect as of now)

Anyone who does something that is against league policy as stated in the OP, or does something that is deemed excessively dickish will receive a strike. Punishment will begin after the second strike and will double with each offence. Punishment will be as follows:

2 strikes = 1 game suspension
3 strikes = 2 game suspension
4 strikes = 4 game suspension
5 strikes = 8 game suspension
6 strikes = 1 season suspension (and you probably don't want to come back)

Strikes are permanent and carry over from season to season.

Basically, you get one freebie and after that, you have to pay the piper. The consequences may seem stiff, but I firmly believe that it is not that difficult to play the game with respect and decency. If it's something you have to actively think about, then you might want to re-evaluate some things.

this isnt to bad ive never heard any issues on me about being a dick. but i also try my hardest not to be a douche when playing the game. thread wise i mighth ave a few striked lol but im not the only one. ;)

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#6788 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

Apocalypse is coming......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'd like to check the teams out but can't unless I'm in the league from looks of it. Panthers sound like a lot of work.

Posted Image

#6789 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'd like to check the teams out but can't unless I'm in the league from looks of it. Panthers sound like a lot of work.

Chargers are the only team open currently. They are pretty much untouched, Rivers, Gates, Matthews, etc.

Does anyone know how to accept trades on the website? Do you still have to be on at the same time? Or can it be accepted anytime?

#6790 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

So the colts and Panthers are taken...Well, hopefully I get a pm from a commish

Posted Image

#6791 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

hey n8 noticed the colts info was empty on the op grabsed his info for u from the official league

Colts | neworlbush25 | neworlbush25 | EST | Most weekday nights, wednesday during the day, mornings till 10, weekends by appointment

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#6792 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Great. We advanced and I just put in madden and was gonna wait for jza.ing people just need their advancement so quick. ing have some patience.

There were how many days to get the game in? Be glad the deadline isn't like it is in the other league, we would have advanced the minute the bears/skins game was done. n8 if anything is a very easy going commish that tends to let people that didn't bother scheduling games until the last minute to get them in.

#6793 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'll take Chargers if their still open.

Posted Image

#6794 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I'll take Chargers if their still open.

Awesome! Welcome to the league! Just make sure to post the info listed in the OP, and I am sure Nate will get you an invite.

#6795 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Will do. Thanks Dark

Posted Image

#6796 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

San Diego Chargers | pdm76 | XBL Gamertag pdm0376 | MST | M-Thursday 8 am - 11 am. Friday - Mostly all day / Saturday & Sunday - Mostly all day until 6 pm Varies

Posted Image

#6797 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Chargers are the only team open currently. They are pretty much untouched, Rivers, Gates, Matthews, etc.

Does anyone know how to accept trades on the website? Do you still have to be on at the same time? Or can it be accepted anytime?

It can be accepted any time.

Doc, I'm going to send you that trade. You can accept through the website.

#6798 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

San Diego Chargers | pdm76 | XBL Gamertag pdm0376 | MST | M-Thursday 8 am - 11 am. Friday - Mostly all day / Saturday & Sunday - Mostly all day until 6 pm Varies

Great, nice to have that already handled. Just disregard what I said in the PM (well, other than reading through the rules). I'll get your invite sent out sometime today. Welcome to the league!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#6799 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

It can be accepted any time.

Doc, I'm going to send you that trade. You can accept through the website.

Yeah, isn't it really weird (though typical of EA) that some things actually work better on the website (trades, being able to cut Ty Warren) even though the website is a complete piece of shit and doesn't allow really basic things (drafting, commish being able to alter rosters, putting people on autopilot)? It's like they just threw a bunch of random ideas together and published it as they went along.

#6800 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Great, nice to have that already handled. Just disregard what I said in the PM (well, other than reading through the rules). I'll get your invite sent out sometime today. Welcome to the league!

Thanks CLS

Posted Image

#6801 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Personally, I think it should be. It might be a bit unfair to neworlbush, but it would be unfair to you to not put it through...and you have seniority here. I'll discuss it with the committee and let you know.

I played my first game in the other league and Og whitewidow whooped me. I don't know if that gives you a better idea of my skill level?

Sorry, the guy who took the Chargers actually asked about a spot before you posted...and he's not in any league. So, it seemed only fair to let him have it. I'm sure another team will open up in the future though, and that'll give you time to see how you fare in the other league and gauge where your skill level is at.

#6802 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Personally, I think it should be. It might be a bit unfair to neworlbush, but it would be unfair to you to not put it through...and you have seniority here. I'll discuss it with the committee and let you know.

Awesome. Thank you

#6803 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I joined the other league (and got a terrible steelers team) and was given the option to adhere to a trade that had been put through and approved before I joined, or I could decline the trade and leave everything as is. I don't think that would be that bad of an idea for here as well.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6804 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Awesome. Thank you

Um...just so you're aware, that last proposal you sent me on it, with the added TE, you had Dunta Robinson listed instead of Asante Samuel. I don't know if that was intentional, but I can almost promise you that wouldn't pass. The thought here is honoring the previous trade. If too many things are changing, it's just a new trade.

I joined the other league (and got a terrible steelers team) and was given the option to adhere to a trade that had been put through and approved before I joined, or I could decline the trade and leave everything as is. I don't think that would be that bad of an idea for here as well.

I'd agree with this if it was just a deal that was made yesterday or something. But this was approved before the draft. And like I said before, the Colts made another deal at the same time that did get put through. Either way, it's going to be unfair to somebody. But to me, it makes more sense to be fair to the person who's been here longer. For all we know, neworlbush could even like the deal.

#6805 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

In all honesty though, this should have gone through almost a month ago. We shouldnt even be at this junction at this point in time.

#6806 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Oh crap. I thought it was DR. I'll send it with Samuel. I'm kinda glad. I like DR better lol

#6807 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'd agree with this if it was just a deal that was made yesterday or something. But this was approved before the draft. And like I said before, the Colts made another deal at the same time that did get put through. Either way, it's going to be unfair to somebody. But to me, it makes more sense to be fair to the person who's been here longer. For all we know, neworlbush could even like the deal.

I see what you're saying. The situation was almost exact in the other league, the trade was approved 5 weeks before I joined, it wasn't a week before. Personally I don't care how its handled, just wanted to help out if I could.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6808 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

In all honesty though, this should have gone through almost a month ago. We shouldnt even be at this junction at this point in time.

And honestly, it would have been handled had EA not felt the need to remove features from their website that were there last year. Last year, the commissioner could go through rosters and just move players. It was a really nice option to have. But since we need someone to manually sign up for the team this year and put the trade through, it's a lot more involved.

I see what you're saying. The situation was almost exact in the other league, the trade was approved 5 weeks before I joined, it wasn't a week before. Personally I don't care how its handled, just wanted to help out if I could.

Fair enough. I guess I just disagree then, lol. Only because of slofton's seniority, like I said.

#6809 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

And honestly, it would have been handled had EA not felt the need to remove features from their website that were there last year. Last year, the commissioner could go through rosters and just move players. It was a really nice option to have. But since we need someone to manually sign up for the team this year and put through the trade, it's a lot more involved.

Sounds exactly like them

#6810 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Dolphins/Raiders is going to happen sometime this weekend, but I'll be on later tonight probably if anyone wants to scrimmage.