Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7111 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Blade, I'll make sure to consult with you before I make any other trades.

#7112 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I agree this trade was not made with madden skill being considered on the cowboys part lol bears got a steal.

On a positive note I got two play a few ranked non cheese games today.

#7113 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Blade, I'll make sure to consult with you before I make any other trades.

:applause:

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7114 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

ravens beat teh bengals in the last seconds of overtime
17-20

couldnt stop the TE at all even when he was double covered he would be open it was crazy
dennis pitta 8 catches 141 yards

on the bright side darren sproles had 159 yards on 19 carries for 2 TDs.

i think someone said this before and i agree TE's are the new rb screen pass

GG K Train this game was really fun wish i could have found away to stop Pitta. u need a new kicker by the way bro lol i know u know what im talking about. that game shouldnt have gone to overtime

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#7115 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Best way is to cover him yourself. If I see someone going to a tight end a lot out of the same formation (usually I or a single back) I'll cover him with a safety.

#7116 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

i had him double covered with a CB and a safety at one point dude still got open. but thanks for the advice i will have to try it out some more i tired covering him myself once and it didnt work out so well even with double coverage lol.

Madden 25

#7117 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'll scrim with you sometime and we can play with it :)

#7118 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

i had him double covered with a CB and a safety at one point dude still got open. but thanks for the advice i will have to try it out some more i tired covering him myself once and it didnt work out so well even with double coverage lol.

The same thing happened to me against the Cardinals and he doesn't even have a good TE. His TE was getting open consistently on multiple routes, so I put Ed Reed in man coverage against him and he was still getting open, even though he was a blocking TE with 69 speed and Ed Reed has 86 MCV along with 99 and 98 PRC and AWR. Usering a defender in coverage usually works out poorly for me because my opponents connection is poor more often than not and there is too much lag to cover a guy well enough to make a difference.

ravens beat teh bengals in the last seconds of overtime
17-20

couldnt stop the TE at all even when he was double covered he would be open it was crazy
dennis pitta 8 catches 141 yards

on the bright side darren sproles had 159 yards on 19 carries for 2 TDs.

i think someone said this before and i agree TE's are the new rb screen pass\

GG K Train this game was really fun wish i could have found away to stop Pitta. u need a new kicker by the way bro lol i know u know what im talking about. that game shouldnt have gone to overtime

Yeah, funny thing is I felt like I had Darren Sproles bottled up most of the game. Had 10 tackle for loss and a lot of short gains, but all it takes is 1 or 2 long runs to make up for it. My kicking game was poor last season and cost me my game against the Chargers. There wasn't many upgrades out there in the offseason so I drafted a kicker who seemed decent enough. The first 50 yard kick I missed had 100% power and I barely missed it. The second one I will admit that I screwed up and hit the button too soon. I would get a new kicker, but the ones in the free agent pool don't seem any better than what I have and I doubt anyone is looking to trade their kicker. If anyone is, let me know.

My 2 new players came through with good games. Doug Martin ran for 115 and a TD on 28 carries and Vincent Jackson had 2 key conversions on 3rd down if I remember right. 1 of the catches wasn't even meant for him and the other was contested. A lot better than Emmanuelle Sanders dropping a TD and fumbling twice in last weeks game.

I am having such a hard time getting takeaways. Only 1 team has fewer takeaways than my 6 and that is N8 with 4. The league leader has 28 and most teams have at least double digits. Sacks are also a problem. Only have 3 on the season despite multiple stud pass rushers. Glad to be 4-1, but have to improve these numbers.

#7119 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I have had a lot of pass rush problems too. Not sure what I got last year, but I think between Pierre-Paul, Tuck and Osi, I got maybe 9 sacks combined.

#7120 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

The same thing happened to me against the Cardinals and he doesn't even have a good TE. His TE was getting open consistently on multiple routes, so I put Ed Reed in man coverage against him and he was still getting open, even though he was a blocking TE with 69 speed and Ed Reed has 86 MCV along with 99 and 98 PRC and AWR. Usering a defender in coverage usually works out poorly for me because my opponents connection is poor more often than not and there is too much lag to cover a guy well enough to make a difference.

Yeah, funny thing is I felt like I had Darren Sproles bottled up most of the game. Had 10 tackle for loss and a lot of short gains, but all it takes is 1 or 2 long runs to make up for it. My kicking game was poor last season and cost me my game against the Chargers. There wasn't many upgrades out there in the offseason so I drafted a kicker who seemed decent enough. The first 50 yard kick I missed had 100% power and I barely missed it. The second one I will admit that I screwed up and hit the button too soon. I would get a new kicker, but the ones in the free agent pool don't seem any better than what I have and I doubt anyone is looking to trade their kicker. If anyone is, let me know.

My 2 new players came through with good games. Doug Martin ran for 115 and a TD on 28 carries and Vincent Jackson had 2 key conversions on 3rd down if I remember right. 1 of the catches wasn't even meant for him and the other was contested. A lot better than Emmanuelle Sanders dropping a TD and fumbling twice in last weeks game.

I am having such a hard time getting takeaways. Only 1 team has fewer takeaways than my 6 and that is N8 with 4. The league leader has 28 and most teams have at least double digits. Sacks are also a problem. Only have 3 on the season despite multiple stud pass rushers. Glad to be 4-1, but have to improve these numbers.

ya we both played pretty conservative it seemed only 1 turn over per side. and ur INT in OT was crazy my dude was bent over backwards caught it with one hand in the rain lol. but good thing it was 3rd down so it was just like punting prolly even better since i was behind the 20 yard line.

Madden 25

#7121 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

ya we both played pretty conservative it seemed only 1 turn over per side. and ur INT in OT was crazy my dude was bent over backwards caught it with one hand in the rain lol. but good thing it was 3rd down so it was just like punting prolly even better since i was behind the 20 yard line.

Yeah. I wasn't too upset about it because I looked at is as a punt. I've been playing pretty conservative lately. Not that I won't take shots down field, but I feel like I've been getting better at not forcing throws. I know a couple times you sacked me were just because I didn't see anyone open and didn't want to force a throw.

#7122 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I have had a lot of pass rush problems too. Not sure what I got last year, but I think between Pierre-Paul, Tuck and Osi, I got maybe 9 sacks combined.

I'm not sure how many sacks I got in the games I played last season, but I was at least getting interceptions. Maybe I just haven't played the right opponents yet.

#7123 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yup, went out and got 2 top CB's, to go along with my 2 from last year who were already rated 84+...and I hardly have any turnovers. The only game where my DBs played great coverage was against DVO's big name WRs. But against mediocre receivers and TEs, they've just been leaving people open. This game can really be dumb as shit sometimes.

#7124 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yup, went out and got 2 top CB's, to go along with my 2 from last year who were already rated 84+...and I hardly have any turnovers. The only game where my DBs played great coverage was against DVO's big name WRs. But against mediocre receivers and TEs, they've just been leaving people open. This game can really be dumb as shit sometimes.

I considered taking a cornerback with my 1st pick in the draft, but went with a pass rusher instead and he hasn't made much of an impact yet. I might have to shuffle some guys around and see if it helps. If only we could scrimmage with human opponents using our connected careers teams. Playing in practice mode just isn't the same.

#7125 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

What's their "play ball" trait set as? Mine were on aggressive, which you'd think would get more picks but they rarely did. More often it just left them out of position. I switched them to balanced and have definitely seen an uptick. 10,000xp is a big investment, but it might be worth a try.

33126.png

#7126 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

What's their "play ball" trait set as? Mine were on aggressive, which you'd think would get more picks but they rarely did. More often it just left them out of position. I switched them to balanced and have definitely seen an uptick. 10,000xp is a big investment, but it might be worth a try.

That's interesting. Lardarius Webb has 96 MCV, but seems to be out of position on more plays than he should. His play ball trait is on aggressive, so I might have to try changing that. From what I have read Play Recognition is a factor in being out of position, but I don't know how true that is. Jimmy Smith has a low PRC rating, but he seems to play fine.

#7127 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

My takeaways are a little skewed as I had 11 against Pitfall. I have low sacks though.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7128 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Well, the option doesn't even show up for Corey Webster (which I assume means he's "upgraded" all the way to Conservative...not sure how that's considered an improvement though). Cortland Finnegan and Jason McCourty are at Balanced. Alterraun Verner is the only one at Aggressive. Even though their man coverage ranges from 87-93, and both Webster and Finnegan have 93 and 95 press coverage, it feels like receivers are just getting open too often.

The lowest play recognition is McCourty at 81. I got these guys so I could run a quarters defense against pass heavy teams, since I feel like I'm better at stopping the run manually. And with TEs and RB screens, passing can be pretty easy in this game. I feel like they're definitely capable. I'm just not seeing the results I was expecting yet. I feel like if defensive assignments were still in the game, I could get them to do better. But convincing the game to make players play as they should can be a hell of a challenge sometimes.

#7129 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

well my bengals are starting off at 2-4 with a couple of close loses need to get this team going i have the talent just coming on the bad end of the close games

Madden 25

#7130 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Pm'ed The falcons hope we can get it in tomorrow.

#7131 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Sent the chargers owner a pm waiting on a response..

#7132 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Could someone please tell me who the Saints play?

Thanks!

#7133 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

^you play the Bears.

you can thank me by losing our first division game :D

#7134 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I PMed the owner of the Colts and messaged him in group me chat. Haven't heard anything. Does anyone know him?

#7135 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Don't know him but based on dealings with him this far from other members in the thread it is relatively difficult to get in touch with him

#7136 Mile High Von

Mile High Von

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Would like to be put on the waiting list.

#7137 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Would like to be put on the waiting list.

You seem to be a fellow Broncos fan! Finally! Someone who understands my acute pain from last week.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7138 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

^you play the Bears.

you can thank me by losing our first division game :D

Thanks! We'll see about that game though. ;)

#7139 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Chicago 21, New Orleans 10

Nice start for Tony Romo with the Bears. 11-13 for 136 yards with a TD pass and ZERO INTERCEPTIONS. Forte had 80 yards on 19 carries and a TD run. My defense showed up, which actually makes me happier than better QB play. Tim Jennings took a pick back to the house. It feels good to go into my bye week with a win.

GG, Superstar.

#7140 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Falcons owner is out of town tomorrow and works at 4pm central, hoping that he gets in touch with me again so we can get something set up soon. Definitely not having another falcons sim this week =;

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.