Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#691 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

New York Jets | dr0ppinL0adz | Z stepano Z | CST | Weekday Evenings (except when NFL is on Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football) / Saturday Afternoons

#692 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

correction 4 spots the browns will be the last team to fill i bet

#693 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

I filled in the Browns for one season in the official league one year and yeah..... not so good.
Posted Image

#694 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

New York Jets | dr0ppinL0adz | Z stepano Z | CST | Weekday Evenings (except when NFL is on Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football) / Saturday Afternoons

Welcome! 4 teams left!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#695 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Poor poor nfc west

#696 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

seahawks actually have a good squad for madden whoever ends up taking them should be set up just need a qb

#697 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

If anybody would be up for playing any pickup games before the league starts, and wouldn't mind possibly giving me any pointers, please send a friend request to me (XBL: DeskLaser), and let's set up some games. Whenever I try to play someone random online, they always cheese to hell. Maybe it's just me, but I was not aware that Aaron Rodgers scrambles all over the field.

For the Free Agency thing, it doesn't matter to me any way it happens, since I don't know enough about what's going on to really know what to do for trades and FA, etc, anyways.

I'm always open to scrimmaging when I have time. And I definitely don't mind sharing tips.

Since it's my first year doing anything like this, I see all FA talk and the trade talk etc, for Season 1 if I more or less want to go out and just play as THE Denver Bronocos. The team I watch Sunday to Sunday, is that going to get me clobbered any worse than being a complete beginner?

I don't think it'll really hurt you. Some people are just very, very into rearranging their team and obtaining new players. Personally, I think it'll be a bit amusing when the salary cap really starts to take hold and people see that they have no money at all, lol.

hey N8 not sure if u have ran into this but sometimes when u progress a player even when hes doing really good and earns a ton of xp his overall still seems to go down whats with that

i also noticed that progression even on every four weeks if u dont progress then u can wait to progress whenever u want but once u have u have to wait 4 weeks that hows it working for me atleast has anyone else noticed?

Yeah, as much as EA did for the basic gameplay, this game has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. All the way down to fundamental football concepts. The game is a bit hit or miss when you dig below the surface.

As for XP, that sort of makes sense. It's not like you only earn it every 4 weeks. You can just only apply it every 4 weeks. So, whenever you do apply it, you have to wait 4 more weeks before you can do it again. I still think it's better than once a year...which would probably just feel like the old "potential" system. And every week just seems like it would be too tedious considering the progression that you add from one week is going to be incredibly small, and could just be undone by the next week's performance anyway.

That makes me wonder what happened to Ultimate Matt X. I was surprised to not see him in either Madden league this year.

#698 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

well i guess i was wrong even on a every four week progression it still lets me whenever for some reason

#699 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

I am free to play whenever, however I really don't have spots for friend requests so just shoot me a message. I am on a lot.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#700 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

im in eastern time zone and I'm free anytime.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#701 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

That makes me wonder what happened to Ultimate Matt X. I was surprised to not see him in either Madden league this year.

He's also usually in the NCAA league, but I haven't seen him around.

#702 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

Hey guys,

I was in the 'main' CAG Madden league for Madden '11, and also league 2. Bills in league 1 (was mediocre all 3 seasons) and Vikings in league 2 (playoff appearance, lost in divisionals in only season).

My brother picked up Madden '13 and I thought I'd see about joining this league. Most of the teams I'd like are gone, but I'd jump on the Seahawks if no one has them yet. My availability varies greatly, but I can usually find time after 4PM on weekdays, and in the afternoons or nights on weekends (again, varies, but I can usually work it out with my opponent).

Let me know, thanks!

CAG Name: Lexxon
XBL: Gumbill
Availability detailed above, in general: Weekdays after 4PM, Weekends vary but generally afternoon or nights
Time Zone: EST

In the format everyone else is using:

Seattle Seahawks | Lexxon | Gumbill | EST |Weekdays after 4PM, Weekends vary but generally afternoon or nights

Edited by Lexxon, 30 August 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#703 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Anyone love how a company like ea, still has shitty servers year after year.
Love how they take co-op franchise offline. so me and my brother buy seperate games and play on seperate televisions in seperate rooms. Guess what, now when the servers are messed we can't play together either. Great job each. Rant over.

Edited by Chetty12, 30 August 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#704 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

well guys i deploy tommrow i will be in contact still as much as i can be. see u all on madden around september 22nd-24th hoping for the 22nd :)

#705 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Didn't mean to skip over this. Welcome to the league, shotgunshine!

Thanks! I'm really excited to join this league. Its the main reason I decided to pick up Madden this year. It'll be good to kick back and have fun instead of having to worry about cheesers doing there douchebag antics.
Posted Image

#706 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

well guys i deploy tommrow i will be in contact still as much as i can be. see u all on madden around september 22nd-24th hoping for the 22nd :)

Stay safe, man.

#707 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

Stay safe, man.

thanks man its should be pretty safe compared to my other deployments ive done. this one is more of a meet and greet thing with another country. its pretty weird im use to front line type stuff so this should be interesting

#708 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

When are you guys planning to start this league up? I'm floating around the idea of signing up (if I still can), my schedule is nuts through October but I think I could find time to play a couple games a week (which would be enough I think???). If it's too late no big deal but I just got this game and have no leagues lined up and it seems with the whole CC thing this year it's kind of the way the game's meant to be played.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#709 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

its not full yet i beleive the cards and browns and buc are left

#710 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

I tried to send everyone a friend request.. feel free to shoot me an invite if you would like to go head to head with some fresh meat.

Anyway, I just wrapped up my first online match. Steelers (me) vs. 49ers. I lost 10-28, but feel that I got really screwed. First of all, the lag in this game is pretty unacceptable. It felt as though the game was locked at 10 frames per second from start to finish. I remember the game being just as laggy back in Madden 10. How is this glaring issue not fixed yet!?

I stopped my opponent's offense pretty well up until the fourth quarter when he threw 3 deep posts, each of which went for touchdowns. What really irritates me is that, in each instance, I was running appropriate pass defense and had three defenders covering my opponent's receiver; however, I could never adjust to the lag to make an effective play on the ball. It was so incredibly frustrating.

Overall though neither of us cheesed the system (e.g., no fake punts, onside kickoffs, etc.), so that was good, and I identified two areas of my game that are extremely lacking: passing and defending the deep ball. If you guys have any recommendations for improving these areas, I'm all ears!

#711 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Did you hold y for the new ball hawk auto assist? It really helps when defending the deep stuff. You'll notice against some of the better defensive players, this game can become a defense interceptionfest.

#712 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

I really need to learn to play better, anyone have any tips to play better defense? I'm not too good at reading the offense or even selecting my defensive play. I seem to get thrown all over, and they break some big runs.

#713 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the Ball Hawk tip, do I have to be controlling the defender or can I just hold Y after the pass?
Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#714 cgarb84

cgarb84

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Tamba Bay Bucs| cgarb84|AceFan84|CST|Tuesday-Wednesday & Friday after 8PM, Sunday varies by NFL schedule (not during Bears games lol)

I reiterate after October my schedule should free up quite a bit but until then I will be super busy with work. I will do my best to get the games done in a timely fashion.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#715 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey guys,

I was in the 'main' CAG Madden league for Madden '11, and also league 2. Bills in league 1 (was mediocre all 3 seasons) and Vikings in league 2 (playoff appearance, lost in divisionals in only season).

My brother picked up Madden '13 and I thought I'd see about joining this league. Most of the teams I'd like are gone, but I'd jump on the Seahawks if no one has them yet. My availability varies greatly, but I can usually find time after 4PM on weekdays, and in the afternoons or nights on weekends (again, varies, but I can usually work it out with my opponent).

Let me know, thanks!

Availability detailed above, in general: Weekdays after 4PM, Weekends vary but generally afternoon or nights

Seattle Seahawks | Lexxon | Gumbill | EST |Weekdays after 4PM, Weekends vary but generally afternoon or nights

Tamba Bay Bucs| cgarb84|AceFan84|CST|Tuesday-Wednesday & Friday after 8PM, Sunday varies by NFL schedule (not during Bears games lol)

I reiterate after October my schedule should free up quite a bit but until then I will be super busy with work. I will do my best to get the games done in a timely fashion.

welcome to the league guys

#716 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hey guys,

Let me know, thanks!

Yeah, glad to have both of you join! Welcome aboard! We won't be starting at least until the first patch comes out (which will hopefully fix some of the gameplay issues people are experiencing). The ETA on that is 9/11.

Only two spots left! Cardinals and Browns.

#717 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Also, just wanted to let everybody know I've got a pretty busy weekend coming up. I've got family coming into town tomorrow, so I probably won't be around except in the late evenings for the next several days. Other than general questions and the possibility of filling those last two spots, hopefully there won't be too many league issues...but I'll answer any questions whenever I get a chance.

#718 cgarb84

cgarb84

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thats a good idea not to start until a patch comes out. A lot of bugs and glitches have been discovered over on Operation Sports, it's a little disheartening tbh.

Also this may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyways, I can go ahead and start a "franchise" if I want to without it interfering with this league right? I mean on this year's game you can be in a league like this one and then still have your own CC going? I just want to make sure before I think about starting my personal CC.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#719 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thats a good idea not to start until a patch comes out. A lot of bugs and glitches have been discovered over on Operation Sports, it's a little disheartening tbh.

Also this may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyways, I can go ahead and start a "franchise" if I want to without it interfering with this league right? I mean on this year's game you can be in a league like this one and then still have your own CC going? I just want to make sure before I think about starting my personal CC.

ya bro u will be fine to do that im in 2 online leagues and 1 offline league im doing for extra fun shouldnt be an issue at all

#720 cgarb84

cgarb84

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Ok cool thanks for the reply.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image