Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7171 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

looks like Nate finally got some turnovers!

#7172 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

looks like Nate finally got some turnovers!

lol...yeah, but it seems I had to give them to get them, haha. Not really what I meant. :lol:

#7173 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

haha true. Sounds like a pretty ugly game.

Games left:

Chargers vs Chiefs (Chiefs trying to contact chargers owner)
Lions vs Falcons (waiting for Falcons to PM)
Packers vs Raiders (?)
49ers vs Eagles (connection issues Sat night...tonight was supposed to be the rematch)

lets knock em out boys!

Edited by GamerDude316, 22 January 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#7174 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Well I'd like to play the CPU if possible since the Eagles haven't contacted me at all today.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7175 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Im Waiting for a response from steggy (packers).

#7176 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I'll say this though, holy Fuck your school's internet is slow. Some of those plays literally felt like they were in freeze-frame. We gotta get you to transfer! :D

Hahahaha, well, I did feel a little guilty about my connection possibly causing your missed FG, but it seemed to work out okay ;)

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7177 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Hahahaha, well, I did feel a little guilty about my connection possibly causing your missed FG, but it seemed to work out okay ;)

I'm not really sure what happened there. My screen didnt really lag but I had the kick pretty well lined up (especially adjusting for the wind) but I guess it wasnt quite enough. I was a little worried after that since it was a missed FG against Nate that ulitmately led to my doom ;)

#7178 Mile High Von

Mile High Von

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Can I be added to to wait list?

#7179 FrankySox

FrankySox

KB24 MAMBA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

Just checking in, I'm still VERY interested if there are possible openings. I'm ready to turn a terd into a champion!
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#7180 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

I'm not really sure what happened there. My screen didnt really lag but I had the kick pretty well lined up (especially adjusting for the wind) but I guess it wasnt quite enough. I was a little worried after that since it was a missed FG against Nate that ulitmately led to my doom ;)

The way my defense had only forced a couple stops all game, I was very mad at myself for leaving you so much time at the end to drive down and get the field goal. I was watching Clark but not closely enough. AND THE DROPS I WAS SO FRUSTRATED IN THAT FIRST HALF.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7181 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Tom Brady is available if anyone is still interested. I have to move him before I ruin his career. :)

Posted Image

#7182 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

The way my defense had only forced a couple stops all game, I was very mad at myself for leaving you so much time at the end to drive down and get the field goal. I was watching Clark but not closely enough. AND THE DROPS I WAS SO FRUSTRATED IN THAT FIRST HALF.

I actually thought about just going down with Goss when he broke that go-ahead TD late and just running the ball to get you to use your timeouts, I was worried that I scored too early and gave you too much time. I turned out to be right. Got lucky on the last throw to Clark for sure, as well as one earlier in the drive that I thought for sure you'd pick off.

#7183 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Dang I could easily be 3-3 right now luckily I've been able too win the close ones and only lose one close one.

#7184 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

I'm 3-2 and the 2 losses were both under 7 points...

#7185 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

Yeah, I'm 5-1, but I could easily be 2-4. I've been very fortunate to win some close games. Honestly, to me, that speaks very highly with how far we've come as a league, and I feel like we have a really good balance right now. Most of the divisions have 3 teams that are very competitive. And nobody looks to be a runaway winner.

Sure, Detroit and San Francisco are still undefeated, but they've got some very tough competition in their own division. Already this season, I feel like we've seen a good number of close games. Not to say that Chetty and Hemingway were a detriment to the league (though Hemingway winning the Super Bowl in the other league makes me feel a bit vindicated), but I feel a lot better about the parity we have now.

#7186 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Can I be added to to wait list?

Just checking in, I'm still VERY interested if there are possible openings. I'm ready to turn a terd into a champion!

Sorry, I'll update the OP and officially get both of you guys (and that njrockpd guy) listed on the waiting list. I also think it's probably time to talk to steggy about his situation with the Packers. I don't want to force him to give them up. But if he still doesn't have time to play (though I swear people have said they've seen him on Madden a few times), and we have people wanting that spot, we can't just keep letting those be CPU games. I'll let you guys know something soon.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7187 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Games left:

Packers vs Raiders (?)
49ers vs Eagles (Blade playing the CPU I think)

#7188 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, I'm 5-1, but I could easily be 2-4. I've been very fortunate to win some close games. Honestly, to me, that speaks very highly with how far we've come as a league, and I feel like we have a really good balance right now. Most of the divisions have 3 teams that are very competitive. And nobody looks to be a runaway winner.

Sure, Detroit and San Francisco are still undefeated, but they've got some very tough competition in their own division. Already this season, I feel like we've seen a good number of close games. Not to say that Chetty and Hemingway were a detriment to the league (though Hemingway winning the Super Bowl in the other league makes me feel a bit vindicated), but I feel a lot better about the parity we have now.

Yeah I feel like the league is very competitive. I wasn't really sure what to expect coming in since I've never done a Madden league, but I feel right in the middle of the skill level (evident by my 3-3 record). Only had one game that I really felt I had no way of winning against Washington, I just got absolutely pummeled. Luckily I turned it around after the 0-3 start so hoping to make the playoffs.

#7189 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Games left:

Packers vs Raiders (?)

We (eagles 9ers) tried playing saturday but his conenction kept dropping. i didnt hear anything back from him until late last night, for playing last night, im trying to see if he can play tonight

#7190 FrankySox

FrankySox

KB24 MAMBA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Sorry, I'll update the OP and officially get both of you guys (and that njrockpd guy) listed on the waiting list. I also think it's probably time to talk to steggy about his situation with the Packers. I don't want to force him to give them up. But if he still doesn't have time to play (though I swear people have said they've seen him on Madden a few times), and we have people wanting that spot, we can't just keep letting those be CPU games. I'll let you guys know something soon.

Thanks, here's my full info for the OP

My info - Frankysox - Gamertag: FrankySox
Availability - Mon after 11pm est Tuesday-Friday after 8pm est. Saturday/Sunday OPEN

I'd be more than happy to take the Packers...
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#7191 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

We (eagles 9ers) tried playing saturday but his conenction kept dropping. i didnt hear anything back from him until late last night, for playing last night, im trying to see if he can play tonight

Well you never messaged me yesterday at all, so don't act like it was all my fault or something. You were also the one you said you couldn't play till that night sometime. Furthermore, I gave you my phone number to make it easier to communicate, so please feel free to text me.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7192 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Availability - Mon after 11pm est Tuesday-Friday after 8pm est. Saturday/Sunday OPEN

FYI: The Packers don't have Rogers, he was traded to the Seahawks for Russell Wilson and picks.

#7193 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Well you never messaged me yesterday at all, so don't act like it was all my fault or something. You were also the one you said you couldn't play till that night sometime. Furthermore, I gave you my phone number to make it easier to communicate, so please feel free to text me.

Seriously? Don't let this be a "You didn't message me." "Well, you didn't message me!" thing. That's incredibly stupid on both sides. Furthermore, communication by phone is not expected in this league. I know I'm not giving my phone number to anybody. Communication by CAG PM has and always will be the standard.

#7194 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Bucs send:

WR Mike Williams

1 year contract/1 year remaining, $700K, no bonus
OVR: 79
SPD: 87
CTH: 83
CIT: 84
RTE: 77
RLS: 80
AWR: 75

Team Cap Space: $8.96 M

Steelers send:

WR Johnny Knox

1 year contract/1 year remaining, $1.68 M, no bonus

OVR: 75
SPD: 96
CTH: 88
CIT: 94
RTE: 83
RLS: 77
AWR: 84

Team Cap Space: $10.10 M

Trade reasoning: I get more speed at WR while Steelers owner gets a little more consistent overall at WR.

Trade Approved

While the difference isn't enough to raise a big issue over, the committee was confused why the Steelers would want to do this trade. Knox seems to be the better receiver in every way despite the lower overall. The only reason we could come up with for why his overall is lower was maybe his injury or carry rating...or just the difference in schemes. But whatever.

#7195 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

FYI: The Packers don't have Rogers, he was traded to the Seahawks for Russell Wilson and picks.

Also, no Greg Jennings.

#7196 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Also, no Greg Jennings.

Yep. They also did have Reggie Bush, but he was waived and is currently tearing it up for me. (He was acquired in the Jennings trade.)

#7197 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yep. They also did have Reggie Bush, but he was waived and is currently tearing it up for me. (He was acquired in the Jennings trade.)

He wasn't waived. He just wasn't re-signed when his contract expired.

#7198 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

While the difference isn't enough to raise a big issue over, the committee was confused why the Steelers would want to do this trade. Knox seems to be the better receiver in every way despite the lower overall. The only reason we could come up with for why his overall is lower was maybe his injury or carry rating...or just the difference in schemes. But whatever.

Reading through that I didn't know wtf the steelers were thinking. Johnny Knox is so much better in every single way especially with his CIT being so high, along with his RTE being higher as well as speed. Good job talking him into that one TB.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7199 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Seriously? Don't let this be a "You didn't message me." "Well, you didn't message me!" thing. That's incredibly stupid on both sides. Furthermore, communication by phone is not expected in this league. I know I'm not giving my phone number to anybody. Communication by CAG PM has and always will be the standard.

I'm just saying that I have made my attempts, I just didn't want it to come across like I wasn't making an effort. I can play tonight. Also, I don't think it's necessary to call any of this stupid. I was just explaining my side of the story, and wasn't trying to start anything. I never said he had to communicate with me by phone, I just gave him the opportunity.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7200 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

Apocalypse is coming......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Games left:

Packers vs Raiders (?)

Hoping we'll get this game in today. Chargers vs. Chiefs......Had a crazy last few days. Apologies....Also, it was the SO playing the times I appeared online.

Posted Image