Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7381 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Giants send

QB Kurt Warner Age 40

Overall 89
Throw Power 90
Short Throw Accuracy 98
Medium Throw Accuracy 95
Deep Throw Accuracy 91
Awareness 97

1 year/1 year remaining
2013: $8 million
No Bonus

Cap room: $13.26 million

Patriots send

QB Ryan Mallet Age 25

Overall 79
Throwing Power: 98
Short Throw Accuracy: 88
Medium Throw Accuracy: 88
Deep Throw Accuracy: 82
Awareness: 42

4 years/2 years remaining
2013: 800 K
2014: 960 K

Bonus: 800K

Cap room: $20.23 million

Giants looking for a younger QB while the Patriots are looking for an upgrade. While I acknowledge the difference in overall, I feel the difference in age makes up for it.

Trade Rejected

This was a tough one, with opinions all over the place. Ultimately, looking at Mallet's stats, he's a lot better than his 79 OVR would indicate (which is basically caused by his 42 AWR). You could almost argue that in terms of skill, they're not too far apart. When you factor in Warner's contract and the possibility that his age could cause him to be a one year rental, it just felt a bit unbalanced. The suggestion was made of the Giants adding a 4th or 5th round pick to help make it a little more even.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7382 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Trade Rejected

This was a tough one, with opinions all over the place. Ultimately, looking at Mallet's stats, he's a lot better than his 79 OVR would indicate (which is basically caused by his 42 AWR). You could almost argue that in terms of skill, they're not too far apart. When you factor in Warner's contract and the possibility that his age could cause him to be a one year rental, it just felt a bit unbalanced. The suggestion was made of the Giants adding a 4th or 5th round pick to help make it a little more even.

I'd agree with that evaluation.

#7383 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'd add a fifth if that's what's needed to get it done. But given how late it is, I'm not sure there's enough time.

#7384 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

when going to progress a player, if you dont see a certain trade upgrade does that mean that it is leveled up all the way?

#7385 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

when going to progress a player, if you dont see a certain trade upgrade does that mean that it is leveled up all the way?

Yes. Assuming it is a relevant stat to that players position.

#7386 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Yes. Assuming it is a relevant stat to that players position.

righti just didnt see the ability to add many traits with fitzgerald so i was curious

#7387 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'd add a fifth if that's what's needed to get it done. But given how late it is, I'm not sure there's enough time.

Not necessarily. The only reason it took so long the first time was because we were widely divided at first. One person passed it, but didn't feel good about it, another thought it favored the Patriots, and another thought it favored the Giants. In a way, this sort of made me want to just approve it, but the idea that nobody felt good about it didn't seem like a valid reason for passing it.

Working it into something that more people could get on board with seemed like a better idea. If you want me to send it on to the committee again with the 5th, we can do that. But of course, if either you or the Pats play your game before it gets put through, it would void the trade.

#7388 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Not necessarily. The only reason it took so long the first time was because we were widely divided at first. One person passed it, but didn't feel good about it, another thought it favored the Patriots, and another thought it favored the Giants. In a way, this sort of made me want to just approve it, but the idea that nobody felt good about it didn't seem like a valid reason for passing it.

Working it into something that more people could get on board with seemed like a better idea. If you want me to send it on to the committee again with the 5th, we can do that. But of course, if either you or the Pats play your game before it gets put through, it would void the trade.

Well obviously I'll wait to hear from the committee to play, I can pm the pats and see if they can hold off.

#7389 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Well obviously I'll wait to hear from the committee to play, I can pm the pats and see if they can hold off.

Well, he hasn't answered my PMs yet about availability, so I'm assuming he wants to get this deal done before we play.

If the deal does get done, I might be the first NFL team ever to play the same QB in back to back games with that QB being on different teams.

#7390 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Kinda late on this, but anyone need a Fullback? I've got Greg Jones (from Jaguars) up on the block, 88 overall. Looking for offensive linemen (tackles in particular), linebackers or cornerbacks. Get in contact quick if you're interested, don't want to miss the deadline ;)

#7391 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Dolphins 17 - Patriots 10

I messaged New England and informed them of their trade rejection, but instead of going through the process of resubmitting the trade, he just decided to roll with Mallett...which might have been the reason I won. Mallett threw 5 first half pics, and Miami went into the half with a 17-3 lead thanks for a kickoff return for a TD and a 2 yard run for a score after an INT return to the 2. For Miami, that was all the scoring. New England's defense was pretty stout thoughout the game.

In the 2nd half, NE turned to Brandon Weeden, and in his first drive threw 100% completion and got the Patriots within one score. After that, the defenses held tight. Really great game, probably the toughest defense I've played yet. Usually don't win games with 70 yards total offense. (Thanks to about 6 NE sacks.)

EDIT: Though I might add, the game could have been a lot more one sided had Greg Jennings put his hands up on two bombs where he was WIDE open and had at least 5 steps on the nearest corner. The ball dropped right in front of his feet both times.

#7392 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

The trade was submitted again. I voted on it. Why wouldn't the New England owner hold off on playing his game?

#7393 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hell of a game with Wpark 83. Warner was more of a win now move, and the Pats 4-game losing skid kind of removes the urgency there. Like WPark said, Weeden came in and handled up. He threw a pick late, but we had to force it into coverage at that point. In any case, Weeden has earned the start next week.

#7394 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

The trade was submitted again. I voted on it. Why wouldn't the New England owner hold off on playing his game?

I have absolutely no clue. I asked him if he saw the boards, he said no, so I told him the situation. And the Xbox message I got back said, "ah well...guess it's the mallet era" or something to that effect. When I went into the game lobby, he was there and ready.

#7395 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Sorry, I didn't realize the trade had been resubmitted. I should have talked with the Giants before playing.

#7396 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Sorry, I didn't realize the trade had been resubmitted. I should have talked with the Giants before playing.

Well wait, how could a trade be resubmitted if you never talked to him about it? That sounds sketchy to me.

#7397 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Maybe he thought that was OK since the committee wasn't asking for anything else from the Pats? We had discussed the initial trade, so he knew I was fine trading Mallett for Warner. I wasn't asked to put anything else in, so I would have still been fine trading for Warner.

#7398 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Maybe he thought that was OK since the committee wasn't asking for anything else from the Pats? We had discussed the initial trade, so he knew I was fine trading Mallett for Warner. I wasn't asked to put anything else in, so I would have still been fine trading for Warner.

Ah, that makes sense.

#7399 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Basically. Oh well. My bad for not getting a pm to you sooner. Wonder if a trade can still be put through if only 1 team has played a week 8 game? It's EA, so who knows.

#7400 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I resubmitted the trade after responding to jza's comment because he was the one required to give up more and we were in a time crunch. I suppose an assumption was made that the Pats owner would be ok with receiving what he had initially agreed to PLUS a 5th round pick.

The folly here is the Pats owner taking the word of someone else instead of checking the thread himself to see what was going on. I don't know why Wpark would think the trade wasn't in the process of being reworked. It was not only talked in the post with the committee's ruling, but in subsequent posts as well. I'm not saying Wpark is to blame for this situation, but if you're going to relay information to somebody, give them the whole story. Otherwise, stay the hell out of it, and let them figure it out themselves. Getting involved just makes you accountable to some extent.

#7401 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Basically. Oh well. My bad for not getting a pm to you sooner. Wonder if a trade can still be put through if only 1 team has played a week 8 game? It's EA, so who knows.

It definitely won't work in game. I thought I had read something about it maybe working if you do it on the website, but I can't swear to it. Though, honestly, I haven't even gotten enough responses on the revised trade to give you a ruling yet anyway. These deadline trades never seem to work out for one reason or another.

#7402 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

I am pretty sure it can be accepted from the website.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7403 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I will also say though, since the Pats owner has played his game since the trade was resubmitted...and he never officially signed off on the resubmit, if the outcome of the game makes him not interested in the trade anymore, I don't think it would be fair to make him go through with it. The idea behind rushing the resubmit was to get it done so both teams would still have time to schedule their games. That point is moot now.

#7404 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

I resubmitted the trade after responding to jza's comment because he was the one required to give up more and we were in a time crunch. I suppose an assumption was made that the Pats owner would be ok with receiving what he had initially agreed to PLUS a 5th round pick.

The folly here is the Pats owner taking the word of someone else instead of checking the thread himself to see what was going on. I don't know why Wpark would think the trade wasn't in the process of being reworked. It was not only talked in the post with the committee's ruling, but in subsequent posts as well. I'm not saying Wpark is to blame for this situation, but if you're going to relay information to somebody, give them the whole story. Otherwise, stay the hell out of it, and let them figure it out themselves. Getting involved just makes you accountable to some extent.

Yeah, Im going to go ahead and say this isn't my fault one bit. I told him exactly what was going on and even said, "I want to let you know in case you wanted to try and get this deal done." It's not my fault there wasn't full communication between the two teams. It also wasn't my fault NE went ahead and played. So, I accept and feel 0.0% responsibility for this.

#7405 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Yeah, I meant to PM him, but figured I had time since you said he hadn't gotten back to you yet. My fault totally, and I think it's obvious that the Pats are no longer interested in Warner. Correct me if I'm wrong, AllenScribe.

#7406 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, Im going to go ahead and say this isn't my fault one bit. I told him exactly what was going on and even said, "I want to let you know in case you wanted to try and get this deal done." It's not my fault there wasn't full communication between the two teams. It also wasn't my fault NE went ahead and played. So, I accept and feel 0.0% responsibility for this.

You told him that the trade was rejected, but a suggestion of reworking it by adding a 4th or 5th round pick was made? And he just responded with "ah well...guess it's the mallet era"? I'm not saying it was your fault. I'm saying, unless you told him exactly what was said and that the Giants were being told they needed to offer more, he was misled.

If you did tell him that, then I apologize. But my mind can't process how you could have relayed to him what was actually going on and he would have interpreted that as "the deal is dead". Of course, the other scenario here is that he just changed his mind about the trade. I'm just saying, something doesn't add up here. Man, what is it with the Patriots and QB trade controversies? lol. This is the 2nd one we've had.

#7407 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, I meant to PM him, but figured I had time since you said he hadn't gotten back to you yet. My fault totally, and I think it's obvious that the Pats are no longer interested in Warner. Correct me if I'm wrong, AllenScribe.

And I wasn't in a rush to get our game in, but when I got the message back basically saying, "oh well" I figured he either didn't care, or looked at the board quick after I told him the situation. Looking back now it does seem odd if he didn't have to throw anything else in that he'd object to the trade at all, but I'm not going to accept responsibility for something someone didn't do.

#7408 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

You told him that the trade was rejected, but a suggestion of reworking it by adding a 4th or 5th round pick was made? And he just responded with "ah well...guess it's the mallet era"? I'm not saying it was your fault. I'm saying, unless you told him exactly what was said and that the Giants were being told they needed to offer more, he was misled.

If you did tell him that, then I apologize. But my mind can't process how you could have relayed to him what was actually going on and he would have interpreted that as "the deal is dead". Of course, the other scenario here is that he just changed his mind about the trade. But something about it doesn't add up.

I told him everything that was stated in your rejection explanation. Why he didn't come check the board and get in touch with Allen, I couldn't say. It's not like I had intentions to mislead someone. The QB he was suppose to trade for I just beat. If anything I wanted to face Warner again, I got three INT's off him I think.

#7409 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

I told him everything that was stated in your rejection explanation. Why he didn't come check the board and get in touch with Allen, I couldn't say.

All right, fair enough. Weird. Sorry for you getting in the middle of it. Just seemed like a wrong place, wrong time thing. I can't tell you though how happy I am that we're almost done with trade proposals for awhile, haha. It's like the last day of school before summer vacation. :lol:

#7410 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

All right, fair enough. Weird. Sorry for you getting in the middle of it. Just seemed like a wrong place, wrong time thing. I can't tell you though how happy I am that we're almost done with trade proposals for awhile, haha. :lol:

The moment I saw him go Ready I almost wanted to say, Take a minute to check with Jza...I guess if anything I should apologize to you Jza for not making sure that connection was made.