Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7411 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

The moment I saw him go Ready I almost wanted to say, Take a minute to check with Jza...I guess if anything I should apologize to you Jza for not making sure that connection was made.

Nah, if you told him the full conversation and that the trade could be reworked, it seems like he basically made a decision that he wasn't interested anymore...which would be odd considering he stood to get more out of the trade. But that may have made him think twice about trading for a 40 year old QB too. Either way, deal is dead now.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7412 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

haha the Pats QB1 is cursed...

If anyone is looking to upgrade or add depth before the trade deadline, here you go:

Starters:
FB John Connor - great blocking back
TE Tony Gonzalez - awesome catching TE
WR Santonio Holmes - 88 OVR

Depth:
WR Muhammed Sanu
WR Antonio Bryant
LE Quinton Coples
RE Marcus Dixon
LB Rocky McIntosh
CB Jalston Nixon (rookie) - 89 Man Coverage
CB Trufant

I'm in desperate need of a starting LB, preferably MLB, but will also consider OLB
I would be willing to send multiple players for a 1st round pick as well
Other needs: FS / SS / CB / a speedy RB

#7413 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hey N8, I know it's too late to do this now because the deadline is quickly approaching, but is there a way to put a wiki on the front page so we can all list our trade blocks? Maybe for the end of the season trades when that comes around. All necessary info would be up there so it would just be a matter of copy/paste

For instance:
Jets Trade Block
WR Santonio Holmes, Age 29, 3/5 years remain. Total 45Mil / Bonus 20Mil
2013 8.67M, 2014 10.07M, 2015 11.91M => Cap penalty of 12M for Jets - Saves 4.67M for current season
2013 4.67M, 2014 6.07M, 2015 7.91M => Contract for the acquiring team
OVR 88
CTH 87
CIT 77
SPC 95
RTE 87
RLS 87
JMP 88
SpD 95
AGI 95
ACC 96
AWR 87
ELU 94
JKM 95
SPM 92

Looking for: 1st round pick, HB with 90+speed and acc, MLB with 90+ Hit power

Just a suggestion. I think that would be really cool... If ya'll would like a better layout, I could do that for you too.. let me know what you guys think

Edited by dr0ppinL0adz, 28 January 2013 - 07:58 AM.
Edit: Or we can make a new Gentleman's Trade Talk thread if you didn't want to clutter up page 1

#7414 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

That was totally my fault, I should have checked back to see what was going on. I was really just thinking about playing the game, and I know those are easier to get in on Sunday than Monday.

#7415 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

haha the Pats QB1 is cursed...

Honestly, having just scouted all three QB's back to back (Warner, Mallet, Weeden) , I think the Patriots just found the best of the three in Weeden. In 6 quarters against me, Warner and Mallet combined for something like 1 TD and 9 INTS. Weeden picked me apart for 2 quarters, and the only reason he had an INT was because it was a desperation heave.

From the Giants standpoint, I think Warner was the better of the two RE: Mallet. This is just my observation from our games though, for whatever it's worth.

#7416 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hey N8, I know it's too late to do this now because the deadline is quickly approaching, but is there a way to put a wiki on the front page so we can all list our trade blocks? Maybe for the end of the season trades when that comes around. All necessary info would be up there so it would just be a matter of copy/paste

For instance:
Jets Trade Block
WR Santonio Holmes, Age 29, 3/5 years remain. Total 45Mil / Bonus 20Mil
2013 8.67M, 2014 10.07M, 2015 11.91M => Cap penalty of 12M for Jets - Saves 4.67M for current season
2013 4.67M, 2014 6.07M, 2015 7.91M => Contract for the acquiring team
OVR 88
CTH 87
CIT 77
SPC 95
RTE 87
RLS 87
JMP 88
SpD 95
AGI 95
ACC 96
AWR 87
ELU 94
JKM 95
SPM 92

Looking for: 1st round pick, HB with 90+speed and acc, MLB with 90+ Hit power

Just a suggestion. I think that would be really cool... If ya'll would like a better layout, I could do that for you too.. let me know what you guys think

Well, I don't think opening up the OP as a wiki is a good idea. Too much work was put into it to risk anybody screwing it up (either accidentally or on purpose). Last year, I did list team's trade blocks in the OP though. I don't really have time to do that this year, but I would definitely be willing to do what BV does in the other league and link to a specific post that has a team's trade block.

That way, when you want to update it, you can just edit that post. That's probably the easiest way to do it without opening up the OP for complete chaos. So, if you want me to list the trade block you posted, or if you want to redo it using the format you proposed, just let me know and I'll add it when you're done. Like you said though, it might be kind of pointless to do for this season since we're basically at the deadline.

#7417 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Sounds good for later, but yea, no point in doing it now. Thanks

#7418 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Well, I don't think opening up the OP as a wiki is a good idea. Too much work was put into it to risk anybody screwing it up (either accidentally or on purpose). Last year, I did list team's trade blocks in the OP though. I don't really have time to do that this year, but I would definitely be willing to do what BV does in the other league and link to a specific post that has a team's trade block.

That way, when you want to update it, you can just edit that post. That's probably the easiest way to do it without opening up the OP for complete chaos. So, if you want me to list the trade block you posted, or if you want to redo it using the format you proposed, just let me know and I'll add it when you're done. Like you said though, it might be kind of pointless to do for this season since we're basically at the deadline.

Not that I disagree with you, I just thought I would let you know how the Wiki works. (I run the Penny Guide thread). You are able to view each edit, along with exactly what they did. It also saves a copy of every edit, so if anything were to happen, you could easily just revert it. Now, I don't really think there is a need for a Wiki, but I thought you should know how it works.

#7419 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

oh penny guides. I still have 3 or four boxes of them in storage for some odd reason lol.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7420 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Honestly, having just scouted all three QB's back to back (Warner, Mallet, Weeden) , I think the Patriots just found the best of the three in Weeden. In 6 quarters against me, Warner and Mallet combined for something like 1 TD and 9 INTS. Weeden picked me apart for 2 quarters, and the only reason he had an INT was because it was a desperation heave.

From the Giants standpoint, I think Warner was the better of the two RE: Mallet. This is just my observation from our games though, for whatever it's worth.

I'd have to agree on Weeden. Mallett's nos. look better on paper, but Weeden got the results. With my defense and running game, we need at least a "game manager." I'm another league where Brady's retired and the computer signed the un-retired Matt Hasselbeck. It doesn't seem to have faith in Mallett either.

#7421 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Not that I disagree with you, I just thought I would let you know how the Wiki works. (I run the Penny Guide thread). You are able to view each edit, along with exactly what they did. It also saves a copy of every edit, so if anything were to happen, you could easily just revert it. Now, I don't really think there is a need for a Wiki, but I thought you should know how it works.

Good to know. But yeah, I still don't think it's a good idea for this purpose.

#7422 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Anyone wanna scrimmage?

#7423 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Just a heads up that after week 8 (possibly week 9), the Giants will be setting up for CPU play for a few weeks. My wife and I are expecting our second child next week, so I doubt I'll be able to play Madden much in February.

#7424 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Just a heads up that after week 8 (possibly week 9), the Giants will be setting up for CPU play for a few weeks. My wife and I are expecting our second child next week, so I doubt I'll be able to play Madden much in February.

Congrats!! Boy or girl?

#7425 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Boy.

#7426 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Last week to get in offers for Harvin! (I'm on a bye this week) I'm looking for a good corner and/or draft picks. Also a ROLB and Saftey would be nice, but is less crucial.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7427 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

n8, sorry I never saw your original message to scrimmage. I walked out of the room for a minute and when I came back checked the board. Then I jumped in a lobby and got a request to play immediately.

#7428 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Last week to get in offers for Harvin! (I'm on a bye this week) I'm looking for a good corner and/or draft picks. Also a ROLB and Saftey would be nice, but is less crucial.

What are his ratings?

#7429 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

What are his ratings?

Unfortunately, I can't check right now, as I'm not on the xbox. But they're very good, trust me :D

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7430 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

n8, sorry I never saw your original message to scrimmage. I walked out of the room for a minute and when I came back checked the board. Then I jumped in a lobby and got a request to play immediately.

It's cool. I'm just really over ranked matches where 9 out of 10 teams pick the 49ers. And basically nobody will play with a team under 88. It feels like everybody just wants a juiced up game with circus catches and hit stick fumbles on every play. I even show them that I'm picking the Titans...who are rated 76, and then they race for one of the best teams in the game. People are gutless. I think I'm starting to feel my first wave of Madden burnout though. I gave up on MUT a long time ago (even with my free season ticket packs...which I won't be buying again next year), and really just play the game for my league game now. Hoping I'll snap out of it after a little while.

#7431 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Any word on the Jets-Broncos trade? only have Tuesday left if it needs adjusting since games are due Wednesday

#7432 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Any word on the Jets-Broncos trade? only have Tuesday left if it needs adjusting since games are due Wednesday

It's in the voting stage right now.

166876.png

#7433 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Broncos Send:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Age 26,

5 years left in contract for 7.51m.
2013 3.11m
2014 740K
2015 940K
2016 1.19m
2017 1.53m

Total Bonuses over 5 Years = 2.4 Million

Moreno's contract was set to expire at the end of the season. He was signed to a four year deal for significantly less. His new contract will take over in the 2014 season. If it helps you can think of it as a 1yr contract for 3.11, then a 4yr for 4.40 total.

Overall - 80
Speed - 86
Acceleration - 92
Elusiveness - 75
Carrying - 83
Catching - 78

Broncos Cap Space = 29.21M

For

Jets Send

2014 2nd and 4th Round picks

Jets Cap Space = 4.45M

Broncos have Bush so no need for Moreno. Jets need a receiving back to pair up with Shonn Greene.

Trade Approved

#7434 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Excellent! Moreno finally gets out of Denver, but I don't know who will clean the bathrooms now...

The Broncos are looking good in the upcoming draft. Jets, let me know when you're around and we can put this through!

#7435 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Looking to move Vick, Maclin and possibly others... looking for a OLB, TE and maybe a different QB

#7436 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Excellent! Moreno finally gets out of Denver, but I don't know who will clean the bathrooms now...

The Broncos are looking good in the upcoming draft. Jets, let me know when you're around and we can put this through!

The last trade I did we werent on at the same time and it worked as long as you dont play your game. But I'll be home around 7:15 pm central tonight..I can log on then and do it

#7437 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

The last trade I did we werent on at the same time and it worked as long as you dont play your game. But I'll be home around 7:15 pm central tonight..I can log on then and do it

When you get home go ahead and send it. I will accept it from the website this evening. Just PM me when you send it through.

#7438 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Attention individuals inquiring about Harvin. I made an egregious oversight in that any trade involving Harvin will put me right up against the cap, so unfortunately I'm pulling him off the market, at least until the offseason.

166876.png

#7439 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

anyone know any way to get a hold of the browns owner other than a PM on here or xbl?

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7440 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

does anyone know if you can view your cap space on the website? i cant seem to find it

EDIT: nevermind found it