Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7471 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Man, I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Was dreading facing him in two games.

With that said, sorry bro. That really does blow.

Not to worry. There is a good reason why I traded for Demps, and this just gives me an excuse to use him. Luckily it was only a partial tear, and Reggie should be back in six weeks to haunt the league again.

Lions beat Broncos 31-17

Not going to lie, this was a brutal game. Very close till about the end, when I got desperate and threw a couple of interceptions. Megatron is insane, and I really need to work on an unspecified part of my defense. Good game Troy!

Did anyone check Moreno for a Bush voodoo doll when he left?

Lol. Maybe I shouldn't have been so excited to ship him off. :D

#7472 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Part of me hopes that Troy is undefeated for our game in a couple weeks. On the other hand, I'd like to have a chance at winning the division :lol:

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#7473 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yeah no kidding. I thought I had that half a step I needed on the last throw but obviously not. I've been waiting for the ugly side of Freeman to show up and boy did he ever today. Was surprised the score ended up as low as it did really expected it to be a shootout early on.

I really need to put in some XP to raise Forte's Carry rating. I think it's a 90 right now, but he fumbles like it's a 25. I thought it was funny when your dude blasted him and stood there like he was celebrating the hit while my offensive lineman covered the ball. :lol: I ended up putting in Michael Bush late in the game to help with ball security.

And that Phil Simms commentary line makes me LOL almost every time I hear it: "Little guys fumble the ball, and fat guys fall on it."

#7474 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

I really need to put in some XP to raise Forte's Carry rating. I think it's a 90 right now, but he fumbles like it's a 25. I thought it was funny when your dude blasted him and stood there like he was celebrating the hit while my offensive lineman covered the ball. :lol: I ended up putting in Michael Bush late in the game to help with ball security.

And that Phil Simms commentary line makes me LOL almost every time I hear it: "Little guys fumble the ball, and fat guys fall on it."

I literally swore at the TV when that happened lol I was so mad he did NOTHING to try and get it even though I was trying to get him to fall on it. The one time EA struck in our game, lol

#7475 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Fumbling? Are you kidding? You don't get to complain about fumbling after our game a few weeks ago. :D

#7476 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Fumbling? Are you kidding? You don't get to complain about fumbling after our game a few weeks ago. :D

But this time I was on the wrong end!

#7477 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

But this time I was on the wrong end!

your guy recovered the ball, I think I was on the wrong end :D

#7478 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Great game with dark rider. Both teams played very well, definitely a defensive battle all the way. Took my D a little too long to show up but the Lions are glad to come out with a win. The wind in that stadium was nuts.

Stafford threw a pretty decent game, 2 yards from 300. Reggie bush is a beast, good thing about madden is he will come back just as strong! D had two picks, one for a TD and an abnormally high number of drops.

I also realized how easy it is for people together hurt on kick returns. Demps, todd heap and a random on my team all got hurt during kick returns. Definitely makes you wonder how important that extra five yards is...

#7479 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Part of me hopes that Troy is undefeated for our game in a couple weeks. On the other hand, I'd like to have a chance at winning the division :lol:

I also hope I'm undefeated for our game :)

#7480 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

I also realized how easy it is for people together hurt on kick returns. Demps, todd heap and a random on my team all got hurt during kick returns. Definitely makes you wonder how important that extra five yards is...

Goodell and Greg Schiano had EA up the injury slider on kickoffs to condition us for when they take kickoffs out of the game in a few years and we all just start on the 20. Somebody, somewhere will reference Madden in a debate at a spors bar about it.

"Man, I'm all for starting at the 20. My whole Madden season got fucked up because of injuries on kickoffs. They're dangerous man. Dangerous."

#7481 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Lol for sure. NFL conspiracy theorists unite! They are just preparing us for the inevitable. But, on the other hand I love seeing guys in the NFL get their clocks cleaned.

#7482 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Are the chargers decent in this league. I already have a disaster in the other league with the chargers, but if they have some decent players I would love to join.

#7483 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

All right, we've advanced to Week 9! The trade deadline has passed (yay!) and the Cowboys are back from their one game suspension. The deadline for this week will be 2/3!
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7484 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

PM'd the Jags owner.

#7485 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

PM'd Buffalo.

#7486 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Read your posts about PM'ing teams.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7487 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Do you mean the OP Communication button? I did read it, what about it?

#7488 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Read your post about not understanding troy's sarcastic post about reading your post about pm'ing people.

#7489 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

rams vs bengals sometime tonight

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#7490 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Read your post about not understanding troy's sarcastic post about reading your post about pm'ing people.

What the Fuck is happening right now?

#7491 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Oh, English language. You so funny. One person sees "Reed" and the other sees "Red" and mass confusion ensues. The sarcasm was a bit uncalled for though. I'd rather have active owners than people posting "You never messaged me!" "Well, you never messaged me!" in 3 days.

#7492 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Lol I love this thread. You gonna be on tonight around the normal time you are park? We can probably scrimmage tonight if you are...

#7493 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Potato Potahto, Tomato Tomahto, let's call the whole thing off.

#7494 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Lol I love this thread. You gonna be on tonight around the normal time you are park? We can probably scrimmage tonight if you are...

Haha, wow I'm an idiot.

Troy, I've actually set up Dolphins/Bills tonight. I'm sure I'll be on tomorrow night if you wanna scrimmage then.

#7495 HooRox

HooRox

Go Pack Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Who are the Steelers slated to lose to this week?

#7496 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I was just playing Madden when my 360 suddenly turned off and started flashing two red lights. Ugh. It turned back on just fine, but I shut it off to let it cool down. I'm hoping it was a one time thing, but we'll see.

#7497 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

What the is happening right now?

Are you not entertained! Are you not entertained! Is this not why you are here?

Troy, I've actually set up Dolphins/Bills tonight. I'm sure I'll be on tomorrow night if you wanna scrimmage then.

alright good luck

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#7498 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Today's comments have provided much laughter for a slow day at the office...keep em coming fellas!

#7499 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I was just playing Madden when my 360 suddenly turned off and started flashing two red lights. Ugh. It turned back on just fine, but I shut it off to let it cool down. I'm hoping it was a one time thing, but we'll see.

My fan in my power brick has been sounding like a helicopter taking off at times, I'm not looking forward to it finally dying.

#7500 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Have we advanced to Week 9? When is the deadline for Week 9?