Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7681 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I don't think so.

Cowboys
2013 Cap: $130.00M
Salaries: $105.65M
2013 Cap Penalty: $14.40M
Cap Space: $9.95M

Subtract salaries and cap penalty from the 2013 cap, and you're left with the cap space.

Huh. I guess I read the menus wrong. Sounds like the Cowboys are in good shape for now!

#7682 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Huh. I guess I read the menus wrong. Sounds like the Cowboys are in good shape for now!

Yeah, it's not as bad as it could be. The tough part will be re-signing all those guys with an even bigger cap hit for 2014. The only silver lining I could see for Dallas is that they have very few other expiring contracts....so those guys that were cut are really going to be the main focus.

#7683 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Broncos and Dolphins should be going down at 10p EST.

Just a note to anyone I play, is that I have a mic if you want to chat while we play. Even if you can't speak English you will probably be better company than the Madden Commentators.

"It's a short gain and it's all the Running Back's fault. He picked the wrong hole, and decided to cut it back in."

#7684 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Broncos and Dolphins should be going down at 10p EST.

Just a note to anyone I play, is that I have a mic if you want to chat while we play. Even if you can't speak English you will probably be better company than the Madden Commentators.

"It's a short gain and it's all the Running Back's fault. He picked the wrong hole, and decided to cut it back in."

LOL.. I was cracking up during the superbowl when Nantz said, "even when he's covered, he's open"

#7685 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

See I don't think including players that were traded is fair. Some people will take them then just to get to offer them a long term contract. I really feel it should be more like a rental and you get lucky and resign them. Isn't that how the trade committee views it during a trade? If not then guys with 1 year left would have to be considered differently. Dwayne Bowe has this season left so its not like I wouldn't be affected by this.

I agree with this for those that have been here. In season 1 nobody was sure if you could or couldn't resign them, but the people that have been here know by now that trading for a 1-year left contract is risky since it's possibly just a rental.

#7686 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

LOL.. I was cracking up during the superbowl when Nantz said, "even when he's covered, he's open"

My favorite was "The more angles I see, the more confused I get"

#7687 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

so i play the chargers do i need to wait to play my game or am i good to go just wanted to check since things have been a little crazy around here today i didnt want to add to anymore of the craziness so i thought i would ask first

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#7688 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

My favorite was "The more angles I see, the more confused I get"

Yeah, I loved that one too. I at least have to credit his honesty. He could have been like an MLB umpire and kept mouthing off his opinion even when video evidence proves him wrong. It was definiitely comical though.

so i play the chargers do i need to wait to play my game or am i good to go just wanted to check since things have been a little crazy around here today i didnt want to add to anymore of the craziness so i thought i would ask first

About the same as before. I'm not super anxious to find a new owner. But if you want to wait a few days to play it, that's fine too. Basically, whenever you NEED to get it done, go ahead.

#7689 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

k thanks for the quick response n8

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#7690 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Raiders-Bears scheduled for Wednesday night at 10:30 EST.

#7691 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Live Stream -

Packers vs Panthers should be starting in about 5-10 minutes!

edit: starting up now
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7692 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

bleh. Wrong game to start a broadcast career. Couldn't stop the blitz and my guys just couldn't get open.

Packers - 20
Panthers - 7

I think this pretty much erases any attempt at sneaking into the playoffs with the lowly Panthers. Couldn't stop his passing attack in the first two quarters and a couple 3 and outs deep in my own territory setup the win for the Packers. GG man, hopefully next time my guys will remember to bring their hands and blocking skills.

Highlights are still processing, short video this time. I was too frustrated to take notes :P

XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7693 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Ok, well I guess the Dolphins are going to be open now too. Wpark just informed me that he's going to drop. He let me know that it's nothing personal against anybody. He's just had his fill of TE passes and the exercise in futility that it is to try to stop them (my words, not his). I can't really say that I blame him. It's unfortunate that TEs have become such a cheesy part of the game this year. Every year it feels like we have some formulaic crap of how to win at Madden. Kind of depressing.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7694 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Ok, well I guess the Dolphins are going to be open now too. Wpark just informed me that he's going to drop. He let me know that it's nothing personal against anybody. He's just had his fill of TE passes and the exercise in futility that it is to try to stop them (my words, not his). I can't really say that I blame him. It's unfortunate that TEs have become such a cheesy part of the game this year. Every year it feels like we have some formulaic crap of how to win at Madden. Kind of depressing.

That is Disappointing. He was a good active member, and will be missedz

He played a good game, and easily shut down my run. Also, to be fair Jacob Tamme is a god among men, with his 92CTH and 89CIT.

#7695 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

That is Disappointing. He was a good active member, and will be missedz

He played a good game, and easily shut down my run. Also, to be fair Jacob Tamme is a god among men, with his 92CTH and 89CIT.

Yeah...but EA overdid it on TEs. You know this. I'm not saying his catch numbers shouldn't be good...but the route running and release and whatnot just get way out of hand with too many TEs. It's a broken part of the game.

You're not being called out for passing to your TE. It would be stupid to tell people they can't throw to their TE. It's a huge part of football. But you're also not above doing what Madden wants you to do to win a game. Lets at least be honest about that. You wouldn't have Reggie Bush and Jeff Demps if you were. You're playing Madden. We're all playing Madden. I just can't blame anybody for getting tired of the ratrace. I'm starting to reach the point myself where I feel like I need to retrain myself on how to not care if I lose. It was only when I got back to that point last year that I was actually able to enjoy the game for what it was. Having thoughts like "He SHOULD have caught that ball", "That SHOULDN'T have been intercepted", etc. just becomes infuriating. For the most part, we're playing a cheesy game because we all love football. That's the best you're gonna get, lol.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#7696 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

bleh. Wrong game to start a broadcast career. Couldn't stop the blitz and my guys just couldn't get open.

Packers - 20
Panthers - 7

I think this pretty much erases any attempt at sneaking into the playoffs with the lowly Panthers. Couldn't stop his passing attack in the first two quarters and a couple 3 and outs deep in my own territory setup the win for the Packers. GG man, hopefully next time my guys will remember to bring their hands and blocking skills.

Highlights are still processing, short video this time. I was too frustrated to take notes :P

Yeah gg! After I was able to disrupt your game with the blitz I started to sell out a little more and it paid off.

First off I'd like to say that I've been in a LOT of leagues, I know I've only played three user games but this is definitely the best league I've ever been in. Thank you to whomever started this up and whomever is responsible for keeping it going, I'm glad I could eventually become apart of it. It's completely shocking to me that me and Staticz set up a game time for 915 and he was there RIGHT at 915, believe it or not that is the first time something like that has ever happened sans the first two user games I played, but those were both kind of set up on the fly.

I'll definitely be committing more time to doing the practices, fixing my audibles and things of that nature now that I've seen the level of dedication this league has. I definitely made the right choice in joining as this is the type of league I've been looking for, for quite some time. So again thanks to I assume Nate for doing most of the work here and to whomever is responsible for any other assistance. This seems to be a truly great league and am happy to be here.

SECONDLY, I hope that I have regained some of the respect of Packers fans. This is not a team that will play for the first pick in the draft, which I'm sure many thought after an 0-6 start. This is a team that will not give up and make every effort to grow into one of the top teams in the league. The defense has started to turn a corner, Russell Wilson is playing much better since his 2td, 10int start. The team has a TON of cap room and we plan to be big players in the off-season. Thank you for your patience Packers fans, I promise the product on the field recently is completely unacceptable to ownership, but even more important the fans who are putting their hard earn paychecks towards tickets to come see blowouts week in and week out.

Thanks,

Kobe Bryant...I mean Frank Thomas(yes Frank Thomas makes it into the hall of fame and buy a large stake in the Packers organization)
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#7697 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

dont worry staticz, you play me next week! I'll make easy fodder for you to bounce back ;)

In other news Bucs-Colts probably going down tonight, we were gonna play last night but the late advance (thanks, Beyonce!) pushed it back.

Sorry to see wpark go. Having played in both the NHL league and this one, he seemed like a decent guy. Cant say I blame him on the TE front especially after giving up 189 yards and 4 TDs to Tamme.

#7698 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Sorry to see wpark go. Having played in both the NHL league and this one, he seemed like a decent guy. Cant say I blame him on the TE front especially after giving up 189 yards and 4 TDs to Tamme.

I am very sad to see him go, I thought he was a very good member and a fun person to play against and chat with. I agree with his assessment of the TE passing, I've personally tried to limit the amount I use my TE because I don't want anyone to think I'm cheesin it. It does suck when you get into a game where one guys TE is unstoppable so I completely understand his frustration. I'm not accusing anyone in the league of cheesing to their tight end, don't get me wrong. Just agreeing with the TE being incredibly flawed this year.

Spoiler

This is a fun league and I am glad to see another new member that is into it as much as the rest of us.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7699 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I also agree that Tight Ends are an over powered weapon, but not unbeatable. I have one of the best Linebacker cores in the league, and I would almost never put a Linebacker in man coverage with a Tight End. You have to put a Cornerback or Safety on them. If I see Tamme in man coverage with Johnathan Vilma, you better bet I am going to throw it to him.

Also, you guys better be hoping I get Bush back soon so I can stop passing. :D

#7700 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

if it would make things easier, I could switch to the dolphins (not sure if the Cardinals would be more appealing to someone to join) and then I could be closer to my Bills.

#7701 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

if it would make things easier, I could switch to the dolphins (not sure if the Cardinals would be more appealing to someone to join) and then I could be closer to my Bills.

I was under the impression users switching teams wasn't really allowed

#7702 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Eh, money's money, right? What else am I gonna do with it haha.

well as long as u stay around for more than 1 season it really shouldnt turn into an issue at all. but if u leave half way thru or right after people are going to be pretty mad.

but i do like the win now style ur bring to ur team. its kinda wut im gonig for with the bengals

No, I certainly won't be jumping ship at all.

So much for that. How screwed are the Dolphins on those ridiculous FA contracts he gave to Jennings and Wallace?

#7703 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I was under the impression users switching teams wasn't really allowed

oh i know under most circumstances, i guess its whether or not he would rather have me switch (if it even would make a difference) or if he'd rather stick with what we have and not worry about having 2 open teams. just figured I'd throw it out there since I'm an afc east guy myself. mostly im hoping to be able to hang out with lebron.

#7704 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

That's sad, seemed like a genuinely good dude and we had two good games. The AFC East awaits a new challenger.

#7705 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

So much for that. How screwed are the Dolphins on those ridiculous FA contracts he gave to Jennings and Wallace?

Guess he should have signed a TE :roll:
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7706 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I also agree that Tight Ends are an over powered weapon, but not unbeatable. I have one of the best Linebacker cores in the league, and I would almost never put a Linebacker in man coverage with a Tight End. You have to put a Cornerback or Safety on them. If I see Tamme in man coverage with Johnathan Vilma, you better bet I am going to throw it to him.

Also, you guys better be hoping I get Bush back soon so I can stop passing. :D

I think even that is a stretch. Most safeties in the game don't even have the man coverage to stick with the TEs (especially when they do those cute little head fakes on zig zag patterns). This is where EA's stupidity of taking out defensive assignments comes in. The reason I went out and got the top CBs I did was so when I'm getting burned by pass happy teams, I can run a Quarters defense and blanket the hell out of them. If I'm playing "do anything to stop the pass" defense, you shouldn't be finding "open" guys with three defenders around them.

This worked against DVO and staticz (teams who have exceptional WRs)...but teams who want to milk the TEs, the game will either stick my 3rd safety on the TE (whose man coverage is terrible) while putting my 3rd or 4th CB on the RB. Sure, I can change it myself...but how much time before the snap are you going to give me? Trust me, I'm going to continue to work on it. But to pretend that it's not a stupid loophole that should have been able to be solved by pausing the game and assigning Cortland Finnegan to Tamme is absurd. The more limited your opponent's tool bag, the higher your chances for success. That's all it is. "Defensive coordinators" are gimped.

Yeah, that's definitely not happening, lol. I appreciate the offer, but you've played too many games with the Cardinals to consider allowing it. The less shaking things up we have at this point, the better off we'll be.

Yeah...that part of it sucks. That's why sometimes I wish EA would have just left things the way they were. Adding finances just ramps up everyone's responsibility so much. It's not like I can force people to sign a contract to play for 5 seasons. And I can't blame people for getting burned out. It's just a lose-lose all the way around.

Guess he should have signed a TE :roll:

Ha...sadly, there's a good amount of truth to that. That's why I got superstar Tom Crabtree. I had a reliable source tell me he was Michael Crabtree's brother, so it seemed like a sound investment. Then I saw his picture... I think I was duped.

#7707 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

To whoever plays the Falcons send me a pm! (Cant get on the xbox atm) I'm good for tomorrow morning or Thurs night

#7708 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Well if any kind of list of guys that could be restricted in free agency is made Alex Mack is probably the only guy on my team I'd like on it. The others I think are all up to me, but he was already not negotiating by the time I took over. There may be some others I have to check on though.

#7709 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Yup...I'm definitely on a break from this game. Hopefully nobody needs jack shit for awhile, because I could seriously give a flying Fuck right now.

#7710 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

But what if I wanted a flying Fuck? :D