Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#751 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Just some notes from doing the ccm that could help some people. It doesn't really matter what we choose for progressing players, barely anyone will actually want to do it week to week. I have maybe 3 players that progress fast enough(Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson) to make it even worth it.

Another reason firing should be off, is that each time they get fired, they'd have to create a new coach. Which means they would lose their coaching level which lowers the cost of buying things with xp. so it would kind of be like kicking them when theyre down.

To me it looks like the rookie drafts will always be the same every time you start a new franchise. That's not a guarantee but i've got the same two in back to back ccms.EDIT: I was wrong about this, tried a third franchise and got a different draft.

Kurt Warner comes out of retirement.

The trading block system seems to become better the second year. They start adding players along with picks. Now the trades still don't make the most sense(greg jennings for a 3rd and some 77 ovr fb)

If you cant play your game against a user and given week. Just click on simulate and it will allow the other user to play or simulate the game. Pretty helpful if someone has to miss a week for any reason. But make sure you aren't going to want to play the game when you hit simulate because it will not let you take it off of simulate.

That's all i have for now.

Edit: The scouting is actually pretty fun. I've had two people i've been set on drafting switch positions on me after the superbowl. One was an 87 corner who switched to receiver and was now an 80. The other was a 72 qb, with 90 speed, 90 TP and 80 plus who switched to wr. Make sure you watch the tweets because those are the only indicator that something will happen. They also give hints at which projected low draft picks are actually going to be good.

Another thing for teams that like to build through the draft and pick up a lot of draft picks. It's pretty hard to scout enough players to know what you are doing on every pick. There will be a lot of picks where it's just a choose one out of a hat situation.

Players no longer want ridiculous contracts. Sam Shields used to want 10 million a year and he is a mid70 corner. I remember Olb's used to want ridiculous money, same with receivers. Now it's tamed way back. Elite players still want huge contracts but you won't be paying out the ass for your nickel corner. It can be a little unrealistic and in your favor at times too, which can be nice. For example, Bj. Raji signed for a little over 2 million a year.

Another thing that got me was their award system. If you go to season awards it'll only show Coach of the Year and Mvp. To see Offensive/defensive rookie of the year, you would have to go to Nfc/Afc. I personally don't like that they did that, but if you want to find the awards that's how you do it.

Edited by Chetty12, 02 September 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#752 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'd be happy to join, but the Cardnials... eh... yeah, I'll take them.

GT: MastaMcLovin

#753 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm disliking the Connected Careers a lil bit now. It's cool to play as legends in current day teams but I just want my regular franchise mode back.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#754 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

I don't see the difference between connected careers and the old franchise.

#755 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

I think the connected careers is better than the old franchise by a lot. I can say I never played more than a season of the old franchises. If I did it was sim and do all the off season quickly just to see. Me and my brother are already finishing up our fourth season.

#756 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

I don't see the difference between connected careers and the old franchise.

Offline its not that big of a difference. But for online leagues its a huge difference, did you try online leagues last year?

#757 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

Offline its not that big of a difference. But for online leagues its a huge difference, did you try online leagues last year?

I was in this league last year.

#758 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

And you don't notice differences from last years to this years?

#759 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

I'm disliking the Connected Careers a lil bit now. It's cool to play as legends in current day teams but I just want my regular franchise mode back.

I don't understand what using legends in current day teams has to do with Connected Careers. What part of old franchise mode is so limited now? The only difference I can think of off the top of my head is just not being able to control all 32 teams anymore. Unless you're saying you don't like the XP system...but that has less to do with the mode itself, and more to do with just changing the way players progress.

And you don't notice differences from last years to this years?

I keep seeing people complain about it without actually saying what they don't like. Sure, the game plays differently than last year...but again, that's not due to Connected Careers. For me, I like Connected Careers, but the other various glitches and bugs in the game I could do without.

#760 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

I think my Madden Moments are glitched. I know I've beat them all, but it still says only 4/5.

Also, they really have to fix the CPU's 2 minute logic. In the Patriots/Giants SB scenario, New England had the ball with about 10 second left, down by 6. First play, a run up the middle. The clock runs out.

#761 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

I think my Madden Moments are glitched. I know I've beat them all, but it still says only 4/5.

Also, they really have to fix the CPU's 2 minute logic. In the Patriots/Giants SB scenario, New England had the ball with about 10 second left, down by 6. First play, a run up the middle. The clock runs out.

Yup the two minute logic causes the CPU to run on first down. To keep the clock moving.

#762 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I noticed that a couple guys have already posted saying they'll take the Cardinals, but the OP still shows them as open. If those other options fell through for some reason, I'm willing to take them on and be the league doormat. I'm in EST, and the times I'm available to play look like this: Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am-11:30 am, Fri-Sat: flexible (most any time, but some weekends are busier than others), Sun: 8:00 am- 12:30 pm. I work nights, so during the week I tend to do most of my gaming in the morning.

If that last spot in the league has already been locked up, I guess I'll just have to jump in earlier next year. :)
Posted Image

#763 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'd be happy to join, but the Cardnials... eh... yeah, I'll take them.

GT: MastaMcLovin

I noticed that a couple guys have already posted saying they'll take the Cardinals, but the OP still shows them as open. If those other options fell through for some reason, I'm willing to take them on and be the league doormat. I'm in EST, and the times I'm available to play look like this: Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am-11:30 am, Fri-Sat: flexible (most any time, but some weekends are busier than others), Sun: 8:00 am- 12:30 pm. I work nights, so during the week I tend to do most of my gaming in the morning.

If that last spot in the league has already been locked up, I guess I'll just have to jump in earlier next year. :)

Sorry guys. Just getting to this now. I've had family visiting this weekend, so I haven't been near my computer very much. Anyway, hammurabi1337 did request the Cardinals first, so if he wants them, they're all his.

Danimal, I'd be happy to put you on the waiting list, which would give you first crack when a team opens up. With the nature of these leagues, it's fairly common for people to overestimate their interest level or underestimate their free time. A spot could open up for you sooner than you think. If you want to be on the waiting list, just let me know.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#764 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

All right, got word from hammurabi that he is taking the Cardinals. So, Danimal, as I said, I'd be happy to add you to the waiting list.

Also, since the league is now full (freaking awesome guys! I can't believe it! We've come a long way :bouncy:), we can hold off on signing free agents until we get an idea of who really needs it. So, I adjusted the free agency policy in the OP accordingly.

Free Agency

In the first season, no team will be allowed to sign a free agent until we reach the designated period (most likely Week 4). At that time, we will use a draft style system according to team record (worst to best), allowing each team to sign one free agent. After the first season, the game should handle free agency in a bidding format where multiple teams can negotiate with players at the same time. So, hopefully at that point a draft system will no longer be needed.

#765 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Question: Will we be able to resign players at our own discretion/leisure or will we have to run it by the league?

#766 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm really interested in how the drafts turn out with a lot of users scouting and doing them.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#767 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Anyone else up for scrimmaging tonight? i'll be on till around 8:30ish. Chetty12 is the gamertag.

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#768 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Played a game with the Browns. Lost 14-7. Man this team is hard to play with. Lol but I did have a beautiful deep throw down the middle of the field to Josh Cribbs that went for a TD. Passing is very nice in this game.

I'm really looking forward to getting this league started. Gotta practice some more tonight with the Browns.

#769 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

and can they seriously just take the back judge off the field or at least make him look different then the players. I don't know how many times i've had to check down cause i wasn't sure if it was a safety on my receiver or if he was open.

#770 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

and can they seriously just take the back judge off the field or at least make him look different then the players. I don't know how many times i've had to check down cause i wasn't sure if it was a safety on my receiver or if he was open.

Haha, I was playing against a buddy during a couch h2h game and I busted a run downfield and juked out the ref thinking he was an opposing player, then got tackled by his safety. We both pretty much died laughing since I would've had a TD had I not attempted to break the referee's ankles.

#771 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Question: Will we be able to resign players at our own discretion/leisure or will we have to run it by the league?

I can't think of a reason that this would be a problem. Players usually negotiate with their current team before deciding to enter free agency anyway. So, if you're able to balance your finances and retain your own guys before the offseason even rolls around, I'd say good for you.

I mean, really, that opens up the whole discussion of whether keeping your players is always a good thing? You could screw up your team just as badly by re-signing guys as you could if you had let them walk. It should all be very interesting this year. As long as nothing stands out as being unfair or giving someone an unrealistic advantage, I'm in favor of allowing things to occur as they would naturally.

#772 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

All right, got word from hammurabi that he is taking the Cardinals. So, Danimal, as I said, I'd be happy to add you to the waiting list.

Yeah, absolutely. Thanks. Just pm me if a spot opens up anytime and you need someone to fill in.

In the meantime, if anyone is looking for someone to scrimmage with, feel free to add me (please mention that you're a CAG; I'm always happy to add fellow CAGs but seldom add random strangers)
Posted Image

#773 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Yeah, absolutely. Thanks. Just pm me if a spot opens up anytime and you need someone to fill in.

In the meantime, if anyone is looking for someone to scrimmage with, feel free to add me (please mention that you're a CAG; I'm always happy to add fellow CAGs but seldom add random strangers)

I added you.

#774 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Well, this certainly sucks. Doom posted this in the other thread:

http://www.operation...hey-missed.html

Major Connected Careers issue. Who even knows if this will make it into the first patch.

Basically, you only get one shot at your online Connected Careers games. If someone disconnects, the game gives the win to the person whose connection is not at fault.

#775 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

Wow...that's pretty terrible. This is the kind of shit that I was afraid of. EA makes a major overhaul of the entire game, but completely ignores something so freaking rudimentary. And considering how often people just get randomly disconnected from the EA servers, you'd think they'd see this problem coming a mile away.

Just like displaying when your opponent selected an onside kick, these are things that were in previous games...that were left out for no apparent reason. Not even sure what to do about this. I guess what I would really like to know is once it is patched, will it apply to existing Connected Careers? Or would we be required to start all over again?

If existing franchises can be updated with it, I guess we could just roll with it and hope for the best. But at the same time, I know if I got disconnected from multiple games that I was winning in the 4th quarter, I'd want to smash something. Awesome choices they're giving us here. Piss people off that they're having to wait one month + for a fix, or piss people off that they're taking undeserved losses due to poor connections. Bravo, EA. You dun goofed again. :dunce:

#776 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

This sucks but I can understand the reasoning behind it. Not everyone is an honest person and I am sure there are people who pull the plug on their console then claim a power outage to get a restart in their league. So I wouldn't say it's an oversight but maybe more of a decision to go a certain way on EA's part. It's obviously not a perfect situation.

That being said I think they should still give the commissioner control over assigning a winner or forcing a replay like in NCAA 13.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#777 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

This sucks but I can understand the reasoning behind it. Not everyone is an honest person and I am sure there are people who pull the plug on their console then claim a power outage to get a restart in their league. So I wouldn't say it's an oversight but maybe more of a decision to go a certain way on EA's part. It's obviously not a perfect situation.

Not really. Considering how notoriously shitty EA's servers are, and how terrible they are at policing glitches and exploits, acting all high and mighty like they are the ultimate arbiter in deciding what "fair play" is is a fucking joke. Calling this a "decision" is giving them way too much credit. No way EA did this intentionally. It's another botch job by the idiot, Fuck up brother of the video game family.

EDIT - I think I have to apologize. I've read most of the way through the thread on OS, and people are saying it only happens in the 2nd half. If the game drops in the 1st half, it doesn't count. That makes it look pretty intentional. As little as I think of EA, I'm just floored by the stupidity of this. It's one thing for ranked...but for an online franchise with people who know each other, it's unreal. As many have said, imagine this happening in the Super Bowl. I just don't understand what was wrong with the system they already had in place.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 04 September 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#778 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

EA needs to just bite the bullet and let Microsoft host their games. EA servers have been and always will be absolute dogshit horrible.

#779 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

This is what somebody smart is asking for at OS. I hope someone is able to test this tonight because this would be the only possible workaround for now.

Could somebody please test this:

Play in CCM until the 2nd half
Have one user turn off their console
When the other user gets the message to quit; turn off the console

Load up the CCM and let us know the results!!!

#780 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

When playing pitfall our games got disconnected all the time if we could even get one started.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png