Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#7951 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

Gut wrenching loss to the 49ers. There was really no give until my defense let a few big plays happen. Niners win 17-10.

Sorry for the lopsided highlights Blade! Normally I jot down when stuff happens but our game was too close for me to do that. I try to keep them balanced but didn't for some reason. Oh well...you won anyways ;)
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7952 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Was creeping on your team just now staticz and you are very good at assuming where the play is going with your MLB or lolb. Two guys I know you user from your highlights in the top7 at tackles that's awesome.

Edit: three players with 97 yard runs. I'm an encyclopedia of useless facts tonight. Night guys lol

Edit one more lol the chiefs have 13 defensive touchdowns. That's pretty close to the nfl record isn't it?

#7953 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Was creeping on your team just now staticz and you are very good at assuming where the play is going with your MLB or lolb. Two guys I know you user from your highlights in the top7 at tackles that's awesome.

That is a cool stat to be aware of, just wish I could turn it into wins. If you watch the highlights you'll see me straight up miss a handful of time too :D

This team is, unfortunately, wrecked. Not enough talent at core positions.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#7954 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

so shameful... Jets lose to the CPU Dolphins 27-28. It was probably a bad idea to try a new offensive playbook for the first time in a league game. Tannehil is freaking god-like.. I kicked a FG to go up by 6 with just under 2 minutes left and the dude throws a perfect pass to Mike Wallace for a 55 yard gain. Dolphins eventually scored and next possession Tebow with the pick to seal the loss.

#7955 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

Gut wrenching loss to the 49ers. There was really no give until my defense let a few big plays happen. Niners win 17-10.

Sorry for the lopsided highlights Blade! Normally I jot down when stuff happens but our game was too close for me to do that. I try to keep them balanced but didn't for some reason. Oh well...you won anyways ;)

It was fine, the most fun I've had this season. Definitely was a defensive battle till the end, can't believe I got the stop on the 1.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7956 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Edit: three players with 97 yard runs. I'm an encyclopedia of useless facts tonight. Night guys lol

Edit one more lol the chiefs have 13 defensive touchdowns. That's pretty close to the nfl record isn't it?

Nope i set a new one the old one was 9 2012 Bears

#7957 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

4 seconds left and 1 time out? Where is the last play?

#7958 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Yeah it's funny when someone doesn't have much time to game. hahahahaahahahah!!!!

;)

I dunno. I can certainly understand not having time. I've got 12 hours of work, 2 hour travel time, 8 hours sleep. .5 hours of getting ready for work = 22.5 hours of the day already planned. That only leaves me with 1.5 hours of my own free time which would include errands, food, etc.

#7959 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Nope i set a new one the old one was 9 2012 Bears

Wow congrats that is awesome.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7960 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

4 seconds left and 1 time out? Where is the last play?

It was 4th down there. Turnover on downs.

#7961 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I dunno. I can certainly understand not having time. I've got 12 hours of work, 2 hour travel time, 8 hours sleep. .5 hours of getting ready for work = 22.5 hours of the day already planned. That only leaves me with 1.5 hours of my own free time which would include errands, food, etc.

8 hours of sleep? What planet is this? lol

#7962 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

My wife is sleeping more hours a day than she is awake lately lol. She goes to bed at 9 or 10 and gets up at eight, and then takes a 2-3 hour nap in the middle of the day. Wish I was pregnant. Though I will say, I usually get close to 8 hours, I think it is extremely important and often over looked.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#7963 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

8 hours of sleep? What planet is this? lol

Well, working overnight at a prison, you kinda need your rest so you dont fall asleep. Because well.... bad things might happen. So 8 hours it is!

#7964 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

My wife is sleeping more hours a day than she is awake lately lol. She goes to bed at 9 or 10 and gets up at eight, and then takes a 2-3 hour nap in the middle of the day. Wish I was pregnant. Though I will say, I usually get close to 8 hours.

If this is your first child, get ready to function on 3 hours of sleep. Unless your kid just hates being held or something crazy, a "good night" will routinely be 5 hours. It doesn't sound possible, but when impossible becomes necessary, you'd be surprised. My daughter is 14 months old now, and I got a little over 6 hours last night, and I feel like I won the lottery, haha.

Well, working overnight at a prison, you kinda need your rest so you dont fall asleep. Because well.... bad things might happen. So 8 hours it is!

Oh, I hear you. I'm just saying, that train sailed a long time ago for me, lol.

#7965 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Sooooo n8 are you playing or autopiloting? I'm supposed to play you this week

#7966 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Sooooo n8 are you playing or autopiloting? I'm supposed to play you this week

CPU. Go for it.

#7967 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

CPU. Go for it.

Are you sure? Thats not much fun

#7968 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Are you sure? Thats not much fun

:wall:

Mother of God...seriously. Fine, I'll just play then. Holy Christ, it's like a cult in here sometimes.

Posted Image

#7969 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

:wall:

Mother of God...seriously. Fine, I'll just play then. Holy Christ, it's like a cult in here sometimes.

Posted Image

Just trying to be polite

#7970 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just trying to be polite

I appreciate that. But I would hope that after discussing it at great length over the last 3-4 pages, I would be sure, ya know? lol. I was kinda hoping we could move on at some point.

I do need to remember to take myself off autopilot before I advance us next though so I at least have the option of doing a practice to screw with my team. I'd consider moving one of my high end corners to safety to see if that helps with the TE issue. But yeah...can't even try it while I'm on auto. I also had to laugh seeing that my defense is still somehow ranked #6. I think I've given up close to 30 points in all but 2 of my games. But I guess pick 6's, fumbles, and special teams could throw that number off. Not sure how to really quantify that though.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 13 February 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#7971 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'd consider moving one of my high end corners to safety to see if that helps with the TE issue.

FWIW, I do this occasionally and I've found it pretty effective. If you sub in the CB (I use Champ Bailey) at whatever safety position is opposite where they typically line up their TE (usually SS), and have him in man coverage they're usually well positioned to defend most TE routes. Especially if you bracket them with the OLB in double coverage. Most actual safeties don't have the man coverage skills to pull that off.

33126.png

#7972 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

FWIW, I do this occasionally and I've found it pretty effective. If you sub in the CB (I use Champ Bailey) at whatever safety position is opposite where they typically line up their TE (usually SS), and have him in man coverage they're usually well positioned to defend most TE routes. Especially if you bracket them with the OLB in double coverage. Most actual safeties don't have the man coverage skills to pull that off.

Yeah...that's kind of the point I'm at with this game. I mean, I guess you could argue that Madden is always like this, but you basically have to figure out what unconventional and stupid things you can come up with to stop the unconventional and stupid things that EA allows to be abused. In conjunction with that move, I had even thought about moving a safety to a LB position to help boost my pass defense as well...but Madden won't allow you to do that.

#7973 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yeah...that's kind of the point I'm at with this game. I mean, I guess you could argue that Madden is always like this, but you basically have to figure out what unconventional and stupid things you can come up with to stop the unconventional and stupid things that EA allows to be abused. In conjunction with that move, I had even thought about moving a safety to a LB position to help boost my pass defense as well...but Madden won't allow you to do that.

Did you read my comments about the 2-3-6?

#7974 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Did you read my comments about the 2-3-6?

I did, but I don't know what playbook that's in. I use Multiple D...and I've never seen it.

#7975 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I don't know what defensive packages you prefer, but there are packages that automatically sub your 2nd string strong safety in as a second MLB. One is called Nickel-Sub or something like that. I know it is in the Baltimore playbook, but It's probably in others also. I picked up a 3rd starting quality safety in the offseason for that package, but you could always put in a cornerback as your 2nd string SS if you wanted to.

I should say that the one in the Baltimore playbook is best suited for 3-4 personnel, because it puts your outside linebackers as edge rushers and moves your defensive ends inside. There may be a similar 4-3 package in a different playbook if that is what you prefer.

#7976 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

I did, but I don't know what playbook that's in. I use Multiple D...and I've never seen it.

I used Multi D for the last two years, but I gave it up this year. They took some of the things out of it that I really liked, it just didn't feel as great as it did previously. I've stuck with the Denver defensive playbook, and it works very well for what I like to do (which is generally a pretty vanilla, conservative D). Only downside is it doesn't have a 3-4 set, though I generally prefer 4-3 in 95% of situations. I always think it's worth poking around and experimenting with playbooks, since there really is some decent variety. Probably a bit late in the game to learn a whole new playbook, but your layoff might be the perfect excuse.

33126.png

#7977 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I don't know what defensive packages you prefer, but there are packages that automatically sub your 2nd string strong safety in as a second MLB. One is called Nickel-Sub or something like that. I know it is in the Baltimore playbook, but It's probably in others also. I picked up a 3rd starting quality safety in the offseason for that package, but you could always put in a cornerback as your 2nd string SS if you wanted to.

I should say that the one in the Baltimore playbook is best suited for 3-4 personnel, because it puts your outside linebackers as edge rushers and moves your defensive ends inside. There may be a similar 4-3 package in a different playbook if that is what you prefer.

I used Multi D for the last two years, but I gave it up this year. They took some of the things out of it that I really liked, it just didn't feel as great as it did previously. I've stuck with the Denver defensive playbook, and it works very well for what I like to do (which is generally a pretty vanilla, conservative D). Only downside is it doesn't have a 3-4 set, though I generally prefer 4-3 in 95% of situations. I always think it's worth poking around and experimenting with playbooks, since there really is some decent variety. Probably a bit late in the game to learn a whole new playbook, but your layoff might be the perfect excuse.

What's funny is that talking about it and the novel idea of fucking with things has almost piqued my interest. But I still think a mental break would be good too...and I don't want to go back on my word.

I definitely don't have the talent to pull off a 3-4 though. If we were using the current rosters, maybe. In the newest roster, Zach Brown got such a huge upgrade from where he started the year. He's fast as hell and has good tackling, but in this franchise, his coverage is terrible and his play recognition is still in the 60s...even though I've been boosting it since the beginning (I think it started somewhere in the 40s). Along with Colin McCarthy and Akeem Ayers, I'm hoping my LBs will eventually be pretty solid (even with Witherspoon getting old). But for now, they're upper 70s guys.

#7978 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

I used to like 3-4 because I thought it gave me more coverage options, but now I feel like 4-3 is just so much more stout against the rush and can also generate enough pressure on its own without needing to send extra guys on the blitz.

33126.png

#7979 FrankySox

FrankySox

KB24 MAMBA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Yo, Troy can't play tonight and I'm pry out the tomorrow and Friday. Can you just set me to auto pilot?
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#7980 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Man they are keeping you late at work again that sucks hope your schedule lightens up soon