Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#781 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Read through the last couple pages and like the new Free Agent plan. Hoping to get started with some online games this week, haven't had a chance to play any online yet but have enjoyed playing offline.

Calvin Johnson is available for trade, looking for a quick running back, or a good offer.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#782 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Read through the last couple pages and like the new Free Agent plan. Hoping to get started with some online games this week, haven't had a chance to play any online yet but have enjoyed playing offline.

Calvin Johnson is available for trade, looking for a quick running back, or a good offer.

So you are going to trade away your only good receiver who can beat just about any corner in the league, for a running back that isn't as fast as Jahvid Best who is already on your roster? Am I missing something? I'll trade you Roy Helu for Jahvid Best. Helu is almost as fast.

Edit: I'll give you Roy Helu, Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, a 3rd round pick, and a high five for Megatron.

Edited by JoelyPoley, 04 September 2012 - 03:02 PM.

ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#783 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

In terms of considering Calvin Johnson trades, I have to think of cap space in the long run if we go multiple seasons.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#784 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

fsecreast, I would like to make a deal for Joe Haden if possible. If not, then cgarb84, I'd like to make a deal for Aqib Talib if possible.

#785 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

In terms of considering Calvin Johnson trades, I have to think of cap space in the long run if we go multiple seasons.

Last year, this league started in November, and we completed three seasons. We should be able to do at least 4 this year.

#786 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

I added you.

Chetty, I didn't get a friend request from you. Typo possibly? My GT is Red Hot Sand.
Posted Image

#787 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

RB Michael Turner is on the trading block

Falcons looking for a RB with a little more speed or a LB

#788 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

fsecreast, I would like to make a deal for Joe Haden if possible. If not, then cgarb84, I'd like to make a deal for Aqib Talib if possible.

OK once I actually look at my roster and access things I will take that into consideration lol. I know very little as of now about the Bucs roster.....I guess I should start doing some homework at some point.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#789 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Chetty, I didn't get a friend request from you. Typo possibly? My GT is Red Hot Sand.

weird. under the description/info section it says Danimal- 21 spaces isn't enough. i figured that was you. Is there a space in between Red Hot Sand? i put them in so idk why it didn't work if they are there. If it's easier my gt is chetty12

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#790 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'll give up reggie bush plus something else, depending on what it is, for Calvin.

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#791 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

The sooner this league starts the better. So sick of playing randoms online.

#792 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

So you are going to trade away your only good receiver who can beat just about any corner in the league, for a running back that isn't as fast as Jahvid Best who is already on your roster? Am I missing something? I'll trade you Roy Helu for Jahvid Best. Helu is almost as fast.

Edit: I'll give you Roy Helu, Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, a 3rd round pick, and a high five for Megatron.

I don't think i gave you permission to trade my receiver. :-P

#793 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Good news concerning the disconnect issue. Apparently, if the person who didn't disconnect just pulls their cord (or exits to the dashboard, I'd assume), the game will think both people dropped and not count the game, thus allowing you to restart. This basically means we'll have to add one more policy to the OP, but at least we have options.

Disconnects

EA's servers are often unreliable, and there are times when two users just can't complete a game to save their life. Completely ignoring this issue, EA decided that any game that disconnects in the 2nd half should be arbitrarily decided based on whose "fault" the disconnect was. Considering the monumental effect that could have on division races, playoffs, and God forbid, the Super Bowl, we will do everything possible to circumvent their terrible system.

If a game you're playing disconnects in the 2nd half, DO NOT exit out of the game. Put your controller down and post in this thread immediately letting everyone know what the score and situation was when the game dropped. Whose "fault" the disconnect was and whether or not the outcome of the game was essentially decided will determine how to proceed.

It won't be a perfect science, but in general, people know if there was any chance for a comeback. The losing team should definitely have a say in the matter, but it will ultimately be up to the community to make a ruling. Disconnects are extremely unfortunate when they happen, but we'll just have to try to handle them the best we can.

This will be the criteria for disconnected games.

Game disconnects in the 1st half regardless of who's at fault = Restart (game does this automatically, just quit out and restart/reschedule)

Game disconnects in the 2nd half of a close game regardless of who's at fault = Restart (Player that is left in the game should immediately press the Xbox Guide button, and press "Y" to exit to the dashboard. DO NOT choose "Quit and Count Game" in Madden)

Game disconnects in the 2nd half of a decided game and the winning team is at fault = Restart (Player that is left in the game should immediately press the Xbox Guide button, and press "Y" to exit to the dashboard. DO NOT choose "Quit and Count Game" in Madden)

Game disconnects in the 2nd half of a decided game and the losing team is at fault = Quit and Count Game (no reason to replay the game if no chance of a comeback was possible anyway
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#794 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'll give up reggie bush plus something else, depending on what it is, for Calvin.

If you're looking to deal Reggie Bush let me know, I'm the Cardinals (I know) but I'll deal draft picks if need be.

I'm in EST, but my schedule is a clusterfuck so people will need to message me so we can work the time out.

#795 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

and can they seriously just take the back judge off the field or at least make him look different then the players. I don't know how many times i've had to check down cause i wasn't sure if it was a safety on my receiver or if he was open.

Sorry for doublepost but this so much. With the lighting the way it is he looks like a player, I've overthrown/underthrown so many times trying to keep it away from the ref.

#796 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Sorry for doublepost but this so much. With the lighting the way it is he looks like a player, I've overthrown/underthrown so many times trying to keep it away from the ref.

Definitely agree with this. And if you want bush, just give me a list of who's available for trade from the cards and i'll let you know.

#797 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Can I get added to the wait list for this please?

#798 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

I'm looking for some youth on my team, and I'm willing to package Gronkowski and Weswelker or any of my other older players.

#799 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Can I get added to the wait list for this please?

Sure can. Adding you now.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#800 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

I'm looking for some youth on my team, and I'm willing to package Gronkowski and Weswelker or any of my other older players.

Youth at what positions?

#801 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

will trade packers team for rookie players to develop. Let me know what you have to offer.

Thanks,
-S

#802 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

Man, what do I have to do to get a game in? I've only played 3 online games and two of those were with some fellow CAG'S. Trying to play a quick match now and the first guy just sits there so I back out. Second guy leaves, third guy leaves, fourth guy accepts and then he quit or the game messed up right as it loaded...fifth guy leaves...unbelievable.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#803 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

I don't think i gave you permission to trade my receiver. :-P

Haha yea I forgot they released him and the dolphins grabbed him. They better boost Hankersons stats to fill the void. Armstrong is certainly not an 80 overall and Hankerson is certainly better than a 71.

#804 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

Shotgunshine, add me. Specbob7.

I'm about to go on now.

#805 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

hey guys thought i would stop by and say hey should be back around the 22nd or 23rd. cant waitt o get back and start playing

#806 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

The Cowboys would love to throw their hat into the Calvin Johnson lottery. I will seriously consider any offer you throw at me.

#807 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

I would be willing to trade for Calvin johnson also im New England!

#808 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

I think calvin johnson would look good in black and red

#809 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Youth at what positions?

WR would be ideal

#810 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I would be willing to trade for Calvin johnson also im New England!

This is going to be a mess...

Either way, I'm on on the Calvin Johnson sweepstakes! Let me know who you want. (Cardinals)