Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#8371 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

That's a tough one because it's a complete judgment call, and I almost feel like I'd need to get the trade committee to rule on it or something. I totally get what you're saying though. There are 4 days to play the game...one person isn't available 3 out of the 4 days...and the only day they can play, the other person isn't available. Whose "fault" is it that the game can't get scheduled. Personally, I would try to be fair and allow the person who was "most available" to play the CPU...but it could definitely be a messy one to rule on.

I'm glad we were able to avoid that though.

Titans vs Texans - Tuesday @ 7:30 PM CST.

Yes sir! Wish we could get it recorded!

#8372 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

GG pats I don't think I should have won that one though. That return TD shoudn't have happened then that INT return was pretty lucky. Then when I got the passing TD nobody was on my guyI don't know if you realised that or not.. I think our next game will be a punting battle like it as in the first quater.

Yeah, the Pats played a great game except for the 3-4 plays they just took off.

#8373 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, I don't think tonight is going to work, man. Just too much going on over here. Wife is resting on the couch, my daughter is napping and could wake up any time. Normally, I love winter, but I'm ready for this flu season to be fucking over. It feels like every god damn week there's a different strand of some disgusting shit virus going around...and with my wife being an elementary school teacher, we're like a deer in headlights for it. I'm starting to think it's less and less crazy wearing a surgical mask and latex gloves everywhere.

Things have been crazy over here. Everyone around has been sick (I was sick last week.) It has been everything, colds, the flu, and even the norovirus. Amazing how much worse the sicknesses have been this year.

That's a tough one because it's a complete judgment call, and I almost feel like I'd need to get the trade committee to rule on it or something. I totally get what you're saying though. There are 4 days to play the game...one person isn't available 3 out of the 4 days...and the only day they can play, the other person isn't available. Whose "fault" is it that the game can't get scheduled. Personally, I would try to be fair and allow the person who was "most available" to play the CPU...but it could definitely be a messy one to rule on.

I'm glad we were able to avoid that though.

Titans vs Texans - Tuesday @ 7:30 PM CST.

In my opinion, I think if an unplayable game greatly affects the playoffs it should be simmed. It seems unfair to give the game away if there are legitimate schedule conflicts. (This is assuming they are both trying actively to schedule the game.)

In other news, I still haven't heard from Kaster. He has been on several times, but no response. Hopefully he'll get back to me.
Edit: He's on again. Maybe I will PM him again just to make sure it went through. I sent it from my phone, so who knows if it glitched out.

#8374 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

In my opinion, I think if an unplayable game greatly affects the playoffs it should be simmed. It seems unfair to give the game away if there are legitimate schedule conflicts. (This is assuming they are both trying actively to schedule the game.)

The can of worms that opens though is that theoretically, doc could just avoid me, knowing he's got a better team, and would likely win a sim. I'm always in favor of rewarding effort. And a person available 3 days out of 4 is showing more effort than a person available 1 day out of 4. It might not be "fair" to give them a "free win" by playing the CPU...but doesn't that fall on the person with the extremely limited availability?

Dammit, doc...look what you started, lol.

#8375 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

The can of worms that opens though is that theoretically, doc could just avoid me, knowing he's got a better team, and would likely win a sim. I'm always in favor of rewarding effort. And a person available 3 days out of 4 is showing more effort than a person available 1 day out of 4. It might not be "fair" to give them a "free win" by playing the CPU...but doesn't that fall on the person with the extremely limited availability?

Dammit, doc...look what you started, lol.

I agree. However, there is absolutely no way you could let this just be a CPU game for doc. I know what you mean, my team looks terrible on paper, therefore I would probably lose a sim. Forgive me for opening this up. It seems like the CPU game should go to the more available player, but then I could also be available all the times you are and be "more available". I don't know, it's a difficult issue.

#8376 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

I agree. However, there is absolutely no way you could let this just be a CPU game for doc. I know what you mean, my team looks terrible on paper, therefore I would probably lose a sim. Forgive me for opening this up. It seems like the CPU game should go to the more available player, but then I could also be available all the times you are and be "more available". I don't know, it's a difficult issue.

I don't understand this part. If you were available at all the times that I was...wouldn't we just play? lol. Just using mine and doc's situation as the example: I wasn't able to play in the window today that he gave me. He's not available at all tomorrow, and just for the sake of the example...lets say he wasn't available at all Tuesday or Wednesday either. So, if I don't play the game in the window of time he gave me on the very first day of the advancement, it gets simmed? Even though there are 3 additional days the game could be played? That doesn't seem right at all in my opinion. I hope to God we don't ever have to deal with a situation like that where a common ground can't be found (as doc and I were able to do), but I still feel like in an undesirable situation, I'd go with the person who's more easily accessible.

#8377 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I don't understand this part. If you were available at all the times that I was...wouldn't we just play? lol. Just using mine and doc's situation as the example: I wasn't able to play in the window today that he gave me. He's not available at all tomorrow, and just for the sake of the example...lets say he wasn't available at all Tuesday or Wednesday either. So, if I don't play the game in the window of time he gave me on the very first day of the advancement, it gets simmed? Even though there are 3 additional days the game could be played? That doesn't seem right at all in my opinion. I hope to God we don't ever have to deal with a situation like that where a common ground can't be found (as doc and I were able to do), but I still feel like in an undesirable situation, I'd go with the person who's more easily accessible.

Sorry, typo. It was supposed to say "but then I could also pretend to be available at all the times you aren't and be "more available"." That would be in order to get a favorable sim. Honestly though, if we have someone who is acting like that, they should probably just be removed. I truly hope everyone is civil enough to agree on a sim, or who should play the CPU.

I don't know. As I said, it's a complicated issue, and one I hope this league doesn't have to deal with.

#8378 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Sorry, typo. It was supposed to say "but then I could also pretend to be available at all the times you aren't and be "more available"." That would be in order to get a favorable sim. Honestly though, if we have someone who is acting like that, they should probably just be removed. I truly hope everyone is civil enough to agree on a sim, or who should play the CPU.

I don't know. As I said, it's a complicated issue, and one I hope this league doesn't have to deal with.

Yeah, wow...that's getting really underhanded, lol. I would hope that if people were trying that hard to "avoid" each other, they would accidentally find a time when both of them were available and could play. You're starting to approach "9/11 was an inside job!" "OJ didn't do it!" level of thinking there, haha. ;)

#8379 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, wow...that's getting really underhanded, lol. I would hope that if people were trying that hard to "avoid" each other, they would accidentally find a time when both of them were available and could play. You're starting to approach "9/11 was an inside job!" level of thinking there, haha. ;)

It definitely is. Like I said, if people are trying that hard, they seriously need to re-evaluate their life.

Edited by Dark Rider, 25 February 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#8380 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Good thing we are actually playing and my bad N8 lol

#8381 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Posted Image

Most random GIF ever.

#8382 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Most random GIF ever.

Posted Image

#8383 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Posted Image

#8384 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

Posted Image

Haha!! Love that show!

#8385 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Gentlemen, we need to get somewhat back on topic. I'll make the transition happen.

Posted Image

#8386 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

it was a very good game pitfall, lady luck just wasn't on my side and my defense was terrible.

me gusta all of the gif's.

can someone check if I play the panthers this week? I'm pretty sure that is who I play but I haven't been on since my last game. I just hope I didn't randomly pm the wrong team (aka panthers) lol

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#8387 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

it was a very good game pitfall, lady luck just wasn't on my side and my defense was terrible.

me gusta all of the gif's.

can someone check if I play the panthers this week? I'm pretty sure that is who I play but I haven't been on since my last game. I just hope I didn't randomly pm the wrong team (aka panthers) lol

I totally accidentally PMed the Ravens once when we weren't actually playing.

You play the Panthers.

#8388 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

gentlemen, we need to get somewhat back on topic. I'll make the transition happen.

Posted Image

i think i just became a chargers fan for some reason :bow:

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#8389 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Gentlemen, we need to get somewhat back on topic. I'll make the transition happen.

Posted Image

I bet this gif gives Kaster mixed emotions...tight pants and a broken heart. :lol:

#8390 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I bet this gif gives Kaster mixed emotions...tight pants and a broken heart. :lol:

This is pretty accurate, yeah.

#8391 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Posted Image

Err...um...brb....got to go do something...

Hey Kaster, want to aim for 4pm EST tomorrow? I should be available mid afternoon.

#8392 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Err...um...brb....got to go do something...

Hey Kaster, want to aim for 4pm EST tomorrow? I should be available mid afternoon.

I'm going to imagine your reaction was like the broncos girl sitting on the couch when I broke Tamme.

#8393 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm going to imagine your reaction was like the broncos girl sitting on the couch when I broke Tamme.

I'm going to imagine he was wearing the same outfit as well...

#8394 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

More like this.

Posted Image

I'm going to imagine he was wearing the same outfit as well...

I was....

#8395 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Cowboys were winning 20-7, seahawks driving around the Cowboy 45 with 3:30 or so left in the game. Game disconnects, looks like it's on his end--he's still offline.

Will wait to hear back from the cowboys on what he wants to do. I was on my way to a loss, sort of, but it wasn't a done deal--a quick TD would have made things interesting.

#8396 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

I just turned off my xbox after we disconnected. I figured it was on your end.

#8397 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I can't play again right now, you can sim or we can play again tomorrow.

#8398 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yeah, no rage quits here--I would have done that after my pick 6 ;_;

I'm fine with doing it over tomorrow. Good game while it lasted--having tons of trouble with the cowboy D.

#8399 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, no rage quits here--I would have done that after my pick 6 ;_;

I'm fine with doing it over tomorrow. Good game while it lasted--having tons of trouble with the cowboy D.

Sounds good. I'm nervous to see how you do after you got the feel for my team. Should be a good one.

#8400 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Cowboys were winning 20-7, seahawks driving around the Cowboy 45 with 3:30 or so left in the game. Game disconnects, looks like it's on his end--he's still offline.

Will wait to hear back from the cowboys on what he wants to do. I was on my way to a loss, sort of, but it wasn't a done deal--a quick TD would have made things interesting.

I just turned off my xbox after we disconnected. I figured it was on your end.

EDIT - Already rescheduled. Good enough for me.
Do you have what it takes to compete?