Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#8401 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

just a heads up march 4th-6th i will be gone doing medical stuff good chance i will return during the evening of the 6th. so i could possibly play week 17's game the night of the 6th or the 7th just figured i would give that info in advance. i wouldnt want that game to get simmed since it could effect the playoffs

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#8402 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

EDIT - Already rescheduled. Good enough for me.

We have a time set for tomorrow. If it doesn't work out again, will figure out a solution at that time. Still have a couple days at this point.

#8403 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Looks like 6 teams fighting for the NFC wildcard spot. I think I need the most help, going to do my best to finish up 9-7 and sneak in!
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#8404 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Just a reminder, guys: I share my Xbox profile with my roommate. Just because "KasterDB" is on Xbox live doesn't mean it's me.

#8405 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Darktower can't play until late most nights and he's offered to let me play the CPU. I told him he could play the CPU if the game means something to him. Since with my record I can't gain anything from it. If it doesn't matter either way I'll try to get the game played tomorrow or Wednesday.

#8406 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Won't make a difference for me either. You are fine to go ahead and play it since our schedules don't match up.

#8407 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Jets pull out a much needed victory against the CPU Giants 40-18. I'm going to have to win out and need some losses from the Broncos and/or Bengals... that previous CPU loss I had has really bitten me in the ass. Lucky for me I finally have all my starters back on D

#8408 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

The 8-5 Broncos take on the 8-5 Vikings at 4p EST.

I am very happy to have most of my team back from injury, minus Tamme. It should be a good game!

#8409 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Still trying to setup a time for Bucs/Packers...Hopefully we can get it in tonight. Otherwise I'll autopilot again.
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#8410 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Been sitting here for 30 minutes waiting for Kaster to get on Madden. Not sure what's up. I guess I will wait a little more.

Edit: And he started another game of NBA. Fuck it, I am going to go play something else.

#8411 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Been sitting here for 30 minutes waiting for Kaster to get on Madden. Not sure what's up. I guess I will wait a little more.

Edit: And he started another game of NBA. Fuck it, I am going to go play something else.

Might not be him. He stated his roommates also use his gamertag

#8412 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Sorry Dark Rider, I had play rehearsal that was supposed to get out at 3:30 but it just let out. My roommate is probably the one playing 2K.

#8413 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Still trying to setup a time for Bucs/Packers...Hopefully we can get it in tonight. Otherwise I'll autopilot again.

Just pmed ya back should be able to get it in tonight

#8414 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Edit: Just saw your post. It's alright. Will you be able to play in the next 20 minutes?

#8415 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Edit: Just saw your post. It's alright. Will you be able to play in the next 20 minutes?

5 PM sound good?

#8416 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

5 PM sound good?

Sounds fine!

#8417 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well, I don't really feel like I should have lost. Good game. How your receiver caught a last second Hail Mary with three guys around him I don't know. It's madden though, I am used to the bullshit. Good game Kaster!

Edit: I don't have anything against you Kaster, just madden.

#8418 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Well, I don't really feel like I should have lost. Good game. How your receiver caught a last second Hail Mary with three guys around him I don't know. It's madden though, I am used to the bullshit. Good game Kaster!

I feel ya, I couldn't believe he caught that.

#8419 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

I feel ya, I couldn't believe he caught that.

Yep. Good win though! Hopefully I ca still slide into the playoffs if I win out. On the bright side, Bush and Demps looked insane today.

#8420 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

haha Go talk to the University of Wisconsin the year before.

#8421 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Seahawks defeat Cowboys 24-10 in the rematch. Two early picks by Cutler set the tone early, both were nearly returned for pick 6's and the TDs came on the next play, both times.

Hauschka missed TWO field goals after being perfect all year. First one I didn't compensate for the wind enough, second one I think I was just lopsided on the stick and missed badly. I'm glad the missed kicks didn't end up affecting the outcome, I would have been pretty angry at myself.

Seahawks are 8-6 going into a CPU game vs. the Rams.

#8422 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Well, managed to lose to the CPU Jags. At least I got another kick return for TD I guess, heh.

#8423 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Benglas are 1 win from clinching a wildcard spot and possibly the division

Posted Image

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#8424 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

I really hate fumbles in this game. They're not realistic...and they add nothing to the experience. I'd seriously rather turn them off (not possible...but if you want to measure true competition, they should be. Otherwise we're just playing "Random Bullshit Bowl 5000"). They have nothing to do with skill and just ruin what would otherwise have been a fair game. Titans fumble 3 times, one of them being basically a clean strip while I'm holding the right bumper that the Texans player just started running with the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the Titans DBs are dropping INTs with no one around them. Why do I play this fucking game? I basically didn't make one mistake the entire game...and still lost. doc played very well...but every break went his way, so he won. His last pass to set up the game winning field goal also had no business being completed. My MLB was right there and fanned on it. Just seriously...Fuck this game, man. I'm so over it.

#8425 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I really hate fumbles in this game. They're not realistic...and they add nothing to the experience. I'd seriously rather turn them off. They have nothing to do with skill and just ruin what would otherwise have been a fair game. Titans fumble 3 times, one of them being basically a clean strip that the Texans player just started running with the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the Titans DBs are dropping INTs with no one around them. Why do I play this fucking game? I basically didn't make one mistake the entire game...and still lost. doc played very well...but every break went his way, so he won. His last pass to set up the game winning field goal also had no business being completed. My MLB was right there and fanned on it. Just seriously...Fuck this game, man. I'm so over it.

I will give him the game winning catch to set up the FG WAS total bs! The strip was clean an user controlled but it was weird how is just went straight to my guys left hand! Haha

Thanks for the kudos n8 awesome mistake free game on both our parts! JJ WATT with 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles which were recovered by the Titans sadly so luckily for N8 not everything entirely went my way!

CJ went off against me as he usually does our second game of the year!

#8426 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

I really hate fumbles in this game. They're not realistic...and they add nothing to the experience. I'd seriously rather turn them off (not possible...but if you want to measure true competition, they should be. Otherwise we're just playing "Random Bullshit Bowl 5000"). They have nothing to do with skill and just ruin what would otherwise have been a fair game. Titans fumble 3 times, one of them being basically a clean strip while I'm holding the right bumper that the Texans player just started running with the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the Titans DBs are dropping INTs with no one around them. Why do I play this fucking game? I basically didn't make one mistake the entire game...and still lost. doc played very well...but every break went his way, so he won. His last pass to set up the game winning field goal also had no business being completed. My MLB was right there and fanned on it. Just seriously...Fuck this game, man. I'm so over it.

Were all those fumbles by CJ? Did you not recover any of them?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#8427 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

I will give him the game winning catch to set up the FG WAS total bs! The strip was clean an user controlled but it was weird how is just went straight to my guys left hand! Haha

Thanks for the kudos n8 awesome mistake free game on both our parts! JJ WATT with 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles which were recovered by the Titans sadly!

CJ went off against me as he usually does our second game of the year!

It was worse because I was covering the ball...but your super LB just took it from Washington. Also, the 2nd fumble (on back to back plays) caused by Watt, Locker's arm was clearly going forward...but yeah, EA has no clue that that's a rule. Just two different teams, man. You were getting pressure rushing 3. I rush 5 and get nothing. I don't how the Fuck people get results with crappy teams in this game. It has to be that there are just "money" plays and adjustments...akin to nanos that people know to do to get the results they want.

There is no way in hell that people just straight up play the game and call plays, and make real life sensible moves, and win. It's just leveraging one video game-ism against another video game-ism (not saying that's what you did...your team is just clearly better than mine). In terms of skill, that was probably one of the most even games I've had...as we basically matched each other drive for drive.

But your guys made big plays when they needed to (both offensively and defensively)...and mine didn't. I just can't make sense of it, and trying to drives me nuts, man. I halfway want to leave my copy of Madden outside my apartment for a couple hours and hope somebody takes it. I need to go back to playing Dust now. At least that game makes sense.

#8428 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Were all those fumbles by CJ? Did you not recover any of them?

No, two by Locker...that came on back to back plays with Houston rushing 3. Second one, as I said...was clearly a "Madden doesn't know arm moving forward isn't a fumble" though. The big one was on Nate Washington. After catching a pass to pick up a key 1st down, I just held RB and moved up waiting for him to be tackled. But he was kind of mobbed and held up, and then the LB just took the ball. It was a really weird animation...almost looked like an INT it was such a clean transfer of possession.

#8429 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Either way N8 GG man! Best and closest game I had all year! More stress and fun then I've had in while! I would have Rage broken my controller on that last catch!

#8430 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Either way N8 GG man! Best and closest game I had all year! More stress and fun then I've had in while! I would have Rage broken my controller on that last catch!

Yeah, gg. Like I said, you pretty much did everything right...and both offenses were very tactical, which made playing defense difficult. My close wins from the beginning of the season are all coming back to beat the shit out of me now. 2-5 in my last 7. I feel like I could easily be 3-11 at this point though. Really frustrating to feel like you've taken a step backward after investing so much time in the game.