Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#8611 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

even if he came back early i will either be in texas or recovering from surgery so im guessing that game will be simmed

Why not mention that when posting about it to begin with??? lol. When is the latest you can play?
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#8612 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

i leave tomorrow morning get surgery tuesday and then they might let me leave wednesday at the earliest thursday i expect to be back or atleast i hope friday the latest. i mentioned being out of town for it a couple of pages back i believe maybe i only posted it in the main league but i also thought i pmed both u and bv about it as well a while back

found it page 428 no big deal though i dont expect u to see every post that would be insane to expect lol

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#8613 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

i leave tomorrow morning get surgery tuesday and then they might let me leave wednesday at the earliest. i mentioned beingo ut of town for it a couple of pages back i believe maybe i only posted it in the main league but i also thought i pmed both u and bv about it as well a while back

found it page 428 no big deal though i dont expect u to see every post that would be insane to expect lol

I saw it. There's just no way in hell I'm going to remember everything every person has ever posted (ie. I was aware of your upcoming surgery...but I don't have it marked on my calendar). Same with HooRox being out of town.

The only reason I told you to wait was just in case of some craziness where you both happened to be available. But considering what he's already posted and your surgery coming up, if you need to get it done...by all means, play it. I was just trying to assess the level of need there. But it seems like it's pretty high.

#8614 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

ok sounds good. lol im hoping to be functional for my playoff games hoping to not be a wildcard game and be a divisional game instead but that looks almost impossible

Madden 25

#8615 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Am I correct that the falcons are CPU? I saw that they were last week.

If they are, seahawks may get into the playoffs off of 2 straight CPU wins. Kinda crappy, but what are you going to do.

#8616 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

If they are, seahawks may get into the playoffs off of 2 straight CPU wins. Kinda crappy, but what are you going to do.

You should contact him to find out.

#8617 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

Posted Image

Seriously though, I can't believe you guys. Rivalries don't mean that you have to hate the other person. I would say I have a pretty huge rivalry with the Chiefs. (I play in the same division in both leagues) Almost every game we play has huge implications, and we play hard on both sides. However, I don't hate him at all, in fact I think he's a great guy. Let's keep it civil in here, it's just Madden after all.

Appreciate that Rider lookin forward to our matchup next week in the official lg

#8618 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Falcons will be on auto. I'm out of town till Monday.

There ya go, Lexxon

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#8619 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

well while im gone im hoping that i return to see that the chiefs bills ravens all lost there games and hope to sneak into the number 2 seed :)

i will prolly check in every now and then depending on how things go should be an exciting week 17

Madden 25

#8620 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yea this kind of blows. I'd have tanked the season long ago had I known that I was counting on the CPU to win games so I could sneak the Redskins into the playoffs.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#8621 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

I just looked at the league website and found out I'm 4-4 in games I've actually played. The other 7 losses I have were CPU controlled games vs human players or sims that I lost. Apparently my game vs the Jets this week might have some playoff implications.

Makes me feel a little better going into next season. I need help in my secondary and offensive line. Hopefully I can fix those problems.

#8622 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

The Broncos finished out their season last night with a win over the CPU Chargers. I am quite happy with a 10-6 record. Only a couple of points and I would possibly be looking at a first round bye. I now get to look forward to the offseason and spending my 35M cap space. It's weird. I have no real places that need extreme improvement, so I am not exactly how I will spend my money.

Playoff Picture:

AFC
1. (Y) Bills (13-3)
2. (X) Bengals (12-4)
3. (Y) Chiefs (11-4)
4. Texans (9-6)
5. (X) Ravens (11-4)
6. Jets (10-5)

In the Hunt:
Broncos (10-6) (They have first two "NFL rules" tie breakers, H2H and Conference. Need Jets to lose)
Titans (9-6) (Needs Texans to lose and Titans to win)

NFC
1. (Y) 49ers (14-1)
2. (Y) Lions (14-1)
3. (Y) Eagles (10-5)
4. (Y) Saints (10-5)
5. (X) Vikings (10-5)
6. Seahawks (9-6) (Clinched if they win)

In the Hunt:
Cardinals (8-7)
Redskins (8-7)
Bears (8-7)

#8623 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I should be able to finish my game against the CPU giants tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully get me my 3rd spot in the NFC. Now i need to win a playoff game, and MAYBE setup a re-match vs the lions which i would look forward to.

#8624 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Really disgusted that a clean strip and run fumble is likely the cause of me missing the playoffs. Makes me want to go out and buy a baseball game just so I can stop playing this one. It even has me considering MLB The Show again...but then I'd have to play my PS3...and I'm sure the online still doesn't work in that game.

#8625 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

lol, only 11 catches, 405 yards, and 5 TD's. If that's not mining for XP I dont know what is. You also had about 1 rushing yard from the box score despite a 3 score lead in the 4th...

I fully admit I didn't call a run play until the 4th. Forte had six carries for 3 yards. Romo had a kneeldown for -2. There's the one total rushing yard.

#8626 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Really disgusted that a clean strip and run fumble is likely the cause of me missing the playoffs. Makes me want to go out and buy a baseball game just so I can stop playing this one. It even has me considering MLB The Show again...but then I'd have to play my PS3...and I'm sure the online still doesn't work in that game.

CJ didn't fumble against me?

#8627 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

And troy, you had a game last season where Calvin had 17 catches. The record book also shows he had 360 yards in a game, which I'm guessing was the same one. But that's somehow different, right?

17 catches was definitely me, the 360 receiving yards was a sim game (like all of the falcons passing records from 2012). Calvin had 3 player of the weeks last year from sim games. But we are obviously done talking about that game so I won't post on it any further.

Also I've pm'ed the bucs twice, he hasn't responded yet. I'm hoping to not have to get this game done at the deadline.

#8628 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, I am going to (Probably) miss the playoffs because of a last second hail marry.

17 catches was definitely me, the 360 receiving yards was a sim game (like all of the falcons passing records from 2012). Calvin had 3 player of the weeks last year from sim games.

Those Falcon stats are from my game with them last year. I didn't know how to play defense and he didn't either. I think it ended up like 65-58 or something like that.

Also I've pm'ed the bucs twice, he hasn't responded yet. I'm hoping to not have to get this game done at the deadline.

He was taking on more hours at work, so he's going to be pretty busy. He's good about responding though, I am sure he'll get back to you!

#8629 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

17 catches was definitely me, the 360 receiving yards was a sim game (like all of the falcons passing records from 2012). Calvin had 3 player of the weeks last year from sim games. But we are obviously done talking about that game so I won't post on it any further.

Yeah, sorry Troy, been meaning to get back to you haha. You can play my CPU, I'm not really feeling madden this week anyway. I'll set myself to auto tonight when I get home.

#8630 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ok sounds good. I didn't know if my pm'ed weren't working or what was going on lol.

And dark I know some of the falcons were legit but I do remember laughing about the simmer falcons game scores and yards being ridiculous. Not that I care all that much lol (though I wish I had those receivers!)

#8631 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Does anyone know how cap penalties are spread? I need to dump a lot of cap space here. I'll be looking to move players for picks in the off season as well.

#8632 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Can't wait for the playoffs.

I am looking for a top tier RB, if anyone is willing to trade one let me know. I'll also be contacting teams with RBs that I would be interested.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8633 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Best will be available again for picks or w/e. I know he isn't top tier but just an fyi

#8634 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Jets vs Raiders going down at 10pm central... I need this game to make the playoffs.

#8635 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just messaged DarkTower about our game.

I might as well start some early trade discussion as well. I will be looking for a MLB or possibly an OLB that isn't a pass rushing type. I might also be looking for a CB and a SS/FS depending on if Ed Reed retires or not. I have some MLB in mind that I want and will contact those teams.

Not sure who all will be on my trade block, but some names to expect are Paul Kruger, Sam Baker, and Doug Martin. I'll also be willing to trade my draft picks for a player I want. If I can't acquire any players through trades/free agency, then I will be looking to trade for more picks or trade up in the draft. I am missing my 3rd round pick, but should have all other rounds.

If you are interested in trading with me this offseason, send me a message. I should be quick to respond.

#8636 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Check my roster and pm me confusion. Just about everyone is up for grabs.

#8637 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

CJ didn't fumble against me?

Nope. 2 Locker, 1 Washington. The Washington one just stings because I was in your territory, and it shifted the "who scores first" pattern we had followed up to that point. I was happy to have a tie game and be getting the ball to start the 2nd half...but that play gave it back to you, and I was playing catch up the rest of the way. Obviously, I had other losses that would have made a difference too...so blaming it on one game isn't really accurate. But for a game where I felt like I made no mistakes, that was a tough one to swallow.

#8638 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

do you know if theres another baseball game that does have online league play? I was considering getting this (just ordered my NBA 2k13) and was considering getting a baseball game too if it was worth it

#8639 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

None on the Xbox! Matter of factly I believe MLB the show is the only game with baseball rights?

#8640 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Lol ya I feel you on the game mechanics this year. I don't think I'll be purchasing madden on the next box, possibly not this next one either.