Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#8671 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Congrats to doc. He probably deserved it more than me anyway....but seriously...Fuck THIS GAME.

After falling behind early, I was starting to heat up as the 2nd half opened, with Chris Johnson finally breaking big runs. Then...he partially tears his ACL...ON A TD RUN! He broke a tackle on his way into the endzone, stumbled in...and apparently is done. I've never seen that shit before, but holy Fuck...when that happens, what can you do?

I fell behind again after that, down 21-9 (went for 2 on the CJ TD when I was trailing 14-9). After some improbable catches by my WRs (most of Locker's throws were terrible), I pulled to within 21-16, getting the ball back with 2 minutes left in the game. On the first play, I run a draw, and Danny Woodhead fumbles. I was out of timeouts, but thank God, since it was under 2:00, there was an automatic review and it was overturned.

A couple plays later, Locker makes another terrible throw to seal the game. But holy shit...not saying that neworlbush played bad or anything, but I think he could have INTENTIONALLY tried to Fuck up in this one and the game would have just kept giving him the ball back. Wow...good riddance, Madden. I'm not touching your fucking ass for at least 3 weeks. All advancements will be done from the website (I'm going on vacation from 3/15 to 3/23 anyway), so nobody Fuck anything up, or it's going to be "too bad, so sad, eat a dick". And I'm out!

*drops the mic*

#8672 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hahah quick someone throw - Half baked gif in!

"Fuck you Fuck you...your cool...Fuck you and I'm out!"

Small consolation to N8....ANDRE JOHNNSON BROKE HIS RIbs!

#8673 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Congrats to doc. He probably deserved it more than me anyway....but seriously...Fuck THIS GAME.

After falling behind early, I was starting to heat up as the 2nd half opened, with Chris Johnson finally breaking big runs. Then...he partially tears his ACL...ON A TD RUN! He broke a tackle on his way into the endzone, stumbled in...and apparently is done. I've never seen that shit before, but holy Fuck...when that happens, what can you do?

I fell behind again after that, down 21-9 (went for 2 on the CJ TD when I was trailing 14-9). After some improbable catches by my WRs (most of Locker's throws were terrible), I pulled to within 21-16, getting the ball back with 2 minutes left in the game. On the first play, I run a draw, and Danny Woodhead fumbles. I was out of timeouts, but thank God, since it was under 2:00, there was an automatic review and it was overturned.

A couple plays later, Locker makes another terrible throw to seal the game. But holy shit...not saying that neworlbush played bad or anything, but I think he could have INTENTIONALLY tried to Fuck up in this one and the game would have just kept giving him the ball back. Wow...good riddance, Madden. I'm not touching your fucking ass for at least 3 weeks. All advancements will be done from the website (I'm going on vacation from 3/15 to 3/23 anyway), so nobody Fuck anything up, or it's going to be "too bad, so sad, eat a dick". And I'm out!

*drops the mic*

Hahahaha yea that was a trippy game. I was 0-7 on third downs. Eli was 2-7.. Very weird game. Couldnt believe CJ tore the ACL, it was over after that

#8674 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

Is he out for the season?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#8675 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Since you asked...

Posted Image

#8676 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Since you asked...

Posted Image

Yesssssss hahahaha

#8677 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Holy crap. Yeah. I'm not even close to being serious about this.

Edited by slofton, 06 March 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#8678 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Dear Redskins,

Your 1st round pick or I throw the game and allow the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Love,
The Falcons

:D

This really isn't funny. There are actually people who think and play this game like this. Lets not open that can of worms, please.

#8679 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yeah. Didn't even think about that. Damn the super serious video game players who ruin my jokes!

#8680 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yeah. Didn't even think about that. Damn the super serious video game players who ruin my jokes!

Yup...harmless joke one week...needing to be added to the OP as a new rule the next week. After a lengthy and heated argument of "well there wasn't a rule against it", of course. Sad, but not too far fetched.

#8681 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have two first round picks. What does that get me?

#8682 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

I have two first round picks. What does that get me?

Two first round picks?

#8683 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Two first round picks?

Exactly. I guess maybe to keep up with some of the assholes in this league, I'll have to consult the draft cheat sheets to make sure I get maximum value with my picks. How else will I know to take the projected sixth and seventh rounders in the first round?

#8684 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Dang two first rounders is pretty sweet.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#8685 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Exactly. I guess maybe to keep up with some of the assholes in this league, I'll have to consult the draft cheat sheets to make sure I get maximum value with my picks. How else will I know to take the projected sixth and seventh rounders in the first round?

Nevermind the scouting points right?
I don't think you were taking a jab at me on this one but I took a little offense simply because I had 32k in scouting points that I used last week and know for sure that I won't be in the top 10 picks but did find what I consider "gems" projected in the lower rounds that I will take higher simply because I scouted a few positions of need very heavy and basically know all I need to know which warrants a higher pick in my opinion.

Edited by Docb9110, 06 March 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#8686 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't think you were taking a jab at me on this one but I took a little offense simply because I had 32k in scouting points that I used last week and know for sure that I won't be in the top 10 picks but did find what I consider "gems" projected in the lower rounds that I will take higher simply because I scouted a few positions of need very heavy and basically know all I need to know which warrants a higher pick in my opinion.

Thats how you gotta do it I dumped pretty much all of my points in four of the attributes of the wide receivers regardless of what projected round it said (and tbh I don't know where it says the projected round). Just gotta scout the attributes that matter to you and then make your selections based off of that regardless of round projections. If anyone wants to talk attributes to look at let me know.

Edit: The same goes for any position that you need help in. You scout a few of the important basic attributes and make your choices based off of that. Focus on those, ignore others, and remember that size does matter (when choosing a WR, TE, LB or CB).

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#8687 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

No, it definitely wasn't a jab at you. I'm all for using the scouting points. That's what they're there for. It was obvious during the last draft who looked at the draft guides that are available.

#8688 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

No, it definitely wasn't a jab at you. I'm all for using the scouting points. That's what they're there for. It was obvious during the last draft who looked at the draft guides that are available.

Like I said I'm not mad or anything at ya...I know you are a good guy but I felt like I was lumped into that category in your eyes is all so I was just kind of letting you know I guess that my picks aren't based to much on the projected rounds an I know a few of us are doing the same thing like he mentioned above is all.

No worries man!

#8689 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Like I said I'm not mad or anything at ya...I know you are a good guy but I felt like I was lumped into that category in your eyes is all so I was just kind of letting you know I guess that my picks aren't based to much on the projected rounds an I know a few of us are doing the same thing like he mentioned above is all.

No worries man!

#8690 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Dude you realize the projections are not accurate at all, read any forums. I am not sure how y'all handle scouting, but I don't bother getting the number value. I only get the letter value, this lets you scout way more players and categories. If you can see how good a player is why would you risk letting them fall? I think the whole they are projected at this round point is irrelevant.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#8691 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Do you do any numbers blade? I don't really know how accurate the letters are so sometimes I spend a little more of the points on finding out the number. I mean if the letters are in a ~5 number range I'll stop wasting points on them.

#8692 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Do you do any numbers blade? I don't really know how accurate the letters are so sometimes I spend a little more of the points on finding out the number. I mean if the letters are in a ~5 number range I'll stop wasting points on them.

Only time I have seen letters off is it would say a B but be like a 79, or an A and be a 89. Not sure if I've seen it off more then that, maybe someone has scouted more recently could tell you the fluctuation. I mean obviously A: 99-90, B: 89-80, etc.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#8693 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

No reply from pats still.

#8694 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

I guess I should have known the scale would be that simple. Whoops lol.

GpNinja, have you sent him a message on XBL?

#8695 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

I need to get better in scouting i think. I can't think of any rookie i drafted last year that is a stand out and can't be replaced. Whats the highest overall someone has drafted? I think mine was like a 77

#8696 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

75 overall was the highest I got..but the scouting came in handy bc I think he's on track to be defensive rookie of the year.. he even missed a couple games due to injury.

#8697 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I need to get better in scouting i think. I can't think of any rookie i drafted last year that is a stand out and can't be replaced. Whats the highest overall someone has drafted? I think mine was like a 77

The way I do it is simpl in my mind. I Look at my needs as far as INDIVIDUAL stats for a certain catagory, for instanc my safeties are USUALLY gonna be in a zone or a variation of a zone so I look for zone coverage and maybe speed. That is all I scout...Maybe man since it only costs like 200 pts I think just to see the letter like blade was saying. Different positions have different individual statitics that mean more in a game obviously.

I hope that makes sense? HAHA

#8698 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Also, there overall might be higher in a different scheme, so there stats might be better then their overall.

Just buying the letter grades, I have scouted the important stats(probably around 5-8) for C, SS, FS, WR, CB, HB, and maybe a couple of other positions.

Edited by Blade3D, 06 March 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#8699 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Anybody looking to get more picks for their 1st rounder? I think I have a 2nd and two 3rd rounders. Depending on which pick # I would add more

#8700 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

The way I do it is simpl in my mind. I Look at my needs as far as INDIVIDUAL stats for a certain catagory, for instanc my safeties are USUALLY gonna be in a zone or a variation of a zone so I look for zone coverage and maybe speed. That is all I scout...Maybe man since it only costs like 200 pts I think just to see the letter like blade was saying. Different positions have different individual statitics that mean more in a game obviously.

I hope that makes sense? HAHA

Yeah thats what ive been doing this year. focusing on 3-4 stats on a position i need and scouting a bunch of players in that poisition