Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#9211 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

The better teams have the most pieces to play with. Wasn't that the general logic when BV had the Patriots in Madden 12? In all honesty...I've had some people suggest reinstituting a trade cap for next year...which I definitely will consider. The salary cap in game does an ok job limiting trades...but it still doesn't account for teams just being blessed with more (and being able to stockpile draft picks, trade one big piece for several smaller pieces, etc). A trade cap might be the best solution short of just using fantasy rosters.

Yeah, no real way to prevent that. I forget how many decent pieces they had on defense.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#9212 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Just got to scrim the new owner of the Giants. He seems like a really nice guy, and should be a good addition to the league.

#9213 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, no real way to prevent that. I forget how many decent pieces they had on defense.

Yeah, I think at one point he had 5 LBs 84 or above (he drafted an absolute beast in the 2nd round...2 picks before I was going to take him, lol)...and like 4 d-linemen who were the same. Ridiculously deep team.

Just got to scrim the new owner of the Giants. He seems like a really nice guy, and should be a good addition to the league.

That's great to hear. I definitely appreciate him waiting it out like he did for the team. Though really, that probably worked out in his favor...since when he was initially wanting to join, the plan was to take the Dolphins, haha. ;)

#9214 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

trade cap wouldnt be a bad idea. i could also see FA becoming more interesting as well if a trade cap was put in.

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#9215 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

trade block for my Giants;

Mathias Kiwanuka LOLB 82 Overall (I want a better cover guy) next year will be his contract year
Tony McDaniel DT 80 overall- I want to go with youth of Marvin Austin

#9216 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

broncos just signed DRC now i bet kaster is the most excited person right now.

my guess for next year as of now. broncos vs seahawks/49ers superbowl not so sure who it will be in the nfc but the broncos are making some soild moves this off season just like they did the last one. its could be there year if manning doesnt choke now all they need is a safety that understands dont let the guy behind u and there soild

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#9217 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

broncos just signed DRC now i bet kaster is the most excited person right now.

my guess for next year as of now. broncos vs seahawks/49ers superbowl not so sure who it will be in the nfc but the broncos are making some soild moves this off season just like they did the last one. its could be there year if manning doesnt choke now all they need is a safety that understands dont let the guy behind u and there soild

Yeah, I'm gonna change my pants real quick. Brb

#9218 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Almost all of the Eagles roster is available, except Mccoy. Looking for a QB and secondary mainly.

#9219 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Did I miss the score of the superbowl? Are they waiting till last min to play it? LOL

#9220 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Neither of us were available Tuesday after my game with blade, yesterday was off limits (my anniversary), possibly playing late tonight if not as soon as he is off work tomorrow.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#9221 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Neither of us were available Tuesday after my game with blade, yesterday was off limits (my anniversary), possibly playing late tonight if not as soon as he is off work tomorrow.

Oh no worries man! I was just curious, I saw you posted about your anniversary I just didnt put 2 and 2 together!

Thansk for the update.

N8, hows the vaca man? And now to business (HAHA) are we gonna be able to start bidding immediately in the offseason on anyone or is gonna be like last year?

#9222 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

If anyone's interested in filling one of the openings in the other league, we've got a couple decent teams which we're looking to fill. We'll potentially have one or two more in the offseason as well. Just let me know!

33126.png

#9223 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Just reading the last few pages at work here and I like a combination of Blade and DVO's ideas. Use DVO's overall setup (that is a mix of everyones concept) with Blade's idea of lumping madden 12 participants with the madden 13 ones. Then the team draft order could be sorted by win percentage, ties in win percentage can be sorted out with a randomizer website. Maybe to keep people that are sketchy participants or left in the middle of a season out make it a two (or three) season minimum for the first tier of players.

After that players with one (or two if the first tier does three seasons) go by win %. Same idea in case of ties. After that new players or players who left in the midst of seasons can pick.

But like nate said, plenty of time to figure that out.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#9224 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I agree there should be a minimum season requirement for veterans, probably 3 seasons.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9225 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

I agree there should be a minimum season requirement for veterans, probably 3 seasons.

3 would be a reasonable number based on the logic that we had 3 seasons in Madden 12 and we'll likely have 3 this year as well. I had hoped to do more...but I just couldn't anticipate the challenges I'd have this year, both in terms of the league and my personal life. But yeah, anyone who stuck around for 3 seasons will have participated in 50% of the league's existence...which seems like a good qualifier for being a "veteran".

#9226 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

hey the guy interested in taking over the rams just joined CAG but it said he can't post yet but he will when it'll let him. His name is Yo Soy El Tiger.

#9227 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Ummm what's up with the Super Bowl?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9228 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

Quoted in the first post on this page. Said maybe tonight...or tomorrow afternoon at the latest. I'll be on the road all day tomorrow, and won't get a chance to even think about advancing us until probably 9 or 10 PM EST. For anyone wondering, when I sent out the invites to the new members, I made sure NOBODY was on auto pilot. So, as long as no one has changed that themselves in the past 2 days (though I don't know why they would), we should be fine to advance to the franchise tagging/own player negotiating part of the off season without anyone being screwed over this time.

Unfortunately, based on the research I was doing to figure out records from season one, I stumbled upon a post saying franchise tagging wasn't working on the website (and that even re-signing your own guys was complicated). I'll just have to make due the best I can...and hope that I have enough control over my team to really put my heart into Season 3. Just the way it goes though.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#9229 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Ya I knew they said possibly tonight, I didn't know it might take till tomorrow.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9230 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Lions have been busy... He said he's free tonight though. I should be home around 7:30 pm central to play

#9231 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

What he said. We should be good to go then.

#9232 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

http://profootballta...-into-tacklers/

apparently running backs might not be able to lower there head anymore. One less attribute to worry about next year (trucking)? What a pansy league.

#9233 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

http://profootballta...-into-tacklers/

apparently running backs might not be able to lower there head anymore. One less attribute to worry about next year (trucking)? What a pansy league.

Well this statement just isn't completely accurate. You left out some significant details. They said they would make it a personal foul for either a runner or a tackler to engage in head-first contact with the crown of the helmet when running into each other outside the tackle box. Like what DeMarco Murray does with putting the crown of his helmet into a defenders sternum right before he steps out of bounds.

I agree with you that they should just let them play ball. The players know what they signed up for. But they definitely are making it illegal to just lower your head.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#9234 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Whoever has Aaron Rodgers, would the 4th pick n the draft be enough to pry him away?

#9235 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I assume its a big fat no but at least i can get the ball rolling if its enough to start the discussions

#9236 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Whoever has Aaron Rodgers, would the 4th pick n the draft be enough to pry him away?

That would be the Seahawks, and you should send him a PM. Link is in the OP

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#9237 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Feel free to start PMing me about trades.

Here's my trading block:

C. Rinehart (RG) (84 OVR) 89, and 88 Run and Pass blocking
T. Heap (TE) (78 OVR) 86 CTH. Excellent receiving TE, I just don't need him.
W. MaGahee (HB) (87 OVR in correct scheme) Slow, but will take a whole D line with him.
J. Mays (MLB) (85 OVR) 90 Hit Power, 96 Tackle. Once again, very good, but I don't need him.
D. Amendola (WR) (72 OVR) 89 Catch, 88 Catch in traffic. Low OVR because of a low release.

Looking for a Top 10 draft pick, 2nd Round picks, and a fast Safety. I don't care what the safety's OVR is.

#9238 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Panthers will be looking to make some moves but I need to see who is still going to be on my roster :D

#9239 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'll be looking for a top tier RB, so anyone looking to move one hit me up cause I'll be willing to make it happen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9240 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'll be looking for a top tier RB, so anyone looking to move one hit me up cause I'll be willing to make it happen.

You mean someone like Frank Gore? Tell you what...you give me Cam Newton back and you can have Gore :lol: