Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#901 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Chetty12- Miami Dolphins- yes I have the game and will be ready this weekend

#902 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

snakemaster2389- Indy Colts- i have the game and will be keeping it until football season is over. I'm feeling "Lucky" get it hehehe
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#903 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Here with the Browns. If anyone wants to swap teams, let me know. :)

Just got smoked by the Packers.

#904 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

New Englan Patriots still playing......Hemingway12

#905 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Cowboys here. Got the game and awaiting getting my ass handed to me online. ;)

oh and fsecreast, I feel your pain. I played as the Browns this past weekend vs. a friend of mine. Holy crap, they are terrible.

#906 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Anyone else feel like we should start doing a check in to find out who still doesn't have the game or who has stopped coming to the forum? I'd hate to see everyone get excited about starting the league this weekend just to wait two more weeks for everyone to start signing up._

A check in definitely isn't a bad idea, but I'll be sending out PM's to everybody when I create the league too to make sure everyone is aware that we're getting started. Anyone who doesn't have the game yet or may have lost interest already, we'll just have to move on without. Really no way of preventing that. Again, just the nature of online leagues. Hopefully that won't even be an issue, and we do have a couple people on the waiting list as well.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#907 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I will never understand why Ea's sports servers suck so much. How can Halo or Gears or any other shooter have mostly seemless gameflow with lag here and there with numerous amount of people. Yet in Madden or Nhl 2 people can't play against eachother without it messing up.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#908 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just to borrow the conversation going on in the other league, there was an issue last year with people using the hot swap method to sub QB's in and out without any warning to the opponent. This was basically done to use an accurate QB on passing plays and a fast QB for QB runs. This was quickly deemed as being a cheap tactic.

An argument was made of "Just pay attention to the QB's jersey number!", but what that doesn't account for is that in real life, the coach sees what personnel his opponent has on the field BEFORE making his play call. In Madden, you're left with audibling and trying to adjust individual coverage all before the ball is snapped.

The policy that was used was that you could only swap out a QB at the beginning of a drive, UNLESS you paused the game and sent your opponent a message saying "subbing QB". Since the game doesn't do any better of a job this year of notifying people of personnel changes before they pick their defensive play, I think we should continue with the same policy. This may seem like a hassle, but if it's such a vital part of your strategy to change out your QB in the middle of a drive, then you'll have to get used to it.

Wildcat formations are excluded from this rule since the game does show "Wildcat" when one of those plays is selected. I'll get this info added to the rules section of the OP. If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.

#909 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Red leader, standing by.

#910 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Breaker 1-9
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#911 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Breaker 1-9

1-9 is all clear we are ready fer yer transmission cowboy

(apparently nobody else has mastered the trucker language lol)
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#912 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Doctor Worm: St. Louis Rams ready to get pummeled this year!
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#913 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

The Vikings and their shit QB reporting for team rebuilding. SIR!

#914 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

49ers ready to dominate!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#915 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Ok, put an asterisk by everybody's name who has checked in (I'm extending "checking in" to also include anyone who has posted in the thread since I announced us as starting on Friday). There were a few who posted right before I made that post, so I'm sure they'll be fine too. Just trying to keep track of who is aware that we should be starting tomorrow right now.

And like I said, once I get the league set up and invites sent out, I'll also send a round of PM's on here to give everyone a heads up as well. The quicker everybody gets joined, the quicker we can start playing!

#916 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

Burgundy and Gold Superbowl Machine reporting for duty!

#917 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

I may be available for a game tomorrrow in between the late afternoon - early evening.
Posted Image

#918 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Checking in! I have the San Diego Chargers.
Posted Image

#919 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

If anyone wants to play a game I am online right now. Send me a message: FattyMcSweaty

#920 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Checking in.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#921 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Cleaned up the OP a bit and put the settings and rules behind spoiler tags. Obviously, everyone is still responsible for knowing them. Just trying to make things a little less cluttered.

Down to 11 teams that have yet to check in as well. Not too bad. Hopefully everyone will be ready to go tomorrow. :)

#922 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Cardinals checking in - FIRST DIBS ON ANY TEAMS THAT BECOME AVAILABLE

#923 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

Posted Image

We aren't doing it here, just wanted to let everyone know EA is actually listening to us this year. 2012 indeed.

#924 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

Just to borrow the conversation going on in the other league, there was an issue last year with people using the hot swap method to sub QB's in and out without any warning to the opponent. This was basically done to use an accurate QB on passing plays and a fast QB for QB runs. This was quickly deemed as being a cheap tactic.

An argument was made of "Just pay attention to the QB's jersey number!", but what that doesn't account for is that in real life, the coach sees what personnel his opponent has on the field BEFORE making his play call. In Madden, you're left with audibling and trying to adjust individual coverage all before the ball is snapped.

The policy that was used was that you could only swap out a QB at the beginning of a drive, UNLESS you paused the game and sent your opponent a message saying "subbing QB". Since the game doesn't do any better of a job this year of notifying people of personnel changes before they pick their defensive play, I think we should continue with the same policy. This may seem like a hassle, but if it's such a vital part of your strategy to change out your QB in the middle of a drive, then you'll have to get used to it.

Wildcat formations are excluded from this rule since the game does show "Wildcat" when one of those plays is selected. I'll get this info added to the rules section of the OP. If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.

This is going to hamper the way I play. I have the Jets and I use the Tebow package pretty often. It has Tebow in as QB by default in the Shotgun-Heavy formation. If I have to sub Tebow in, and then use him the rest of the drive seems unrealistic to me. I don't mind telling the other person I"m subbing in Tebow, but is it cool if I switch him out after?

Gamertag: Z stepano Z
Team: NY Jets

#925 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

Seahawks checking in! Have barely played the game this year since my brother had it until NHL came out, but I didn't really play at all except for the CAG franchise(s) in '11, too. Looking forward to the league starting. I'm going to estimate a respectable 6-10 season.

#926 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Texans checking in, have the game ready to go! Docb9110

#927 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

This is going to hamper the way I play. I have the Jets and I use the Tebow package pretty often. It has Tebow in as QB by default in the Shotgun-Heavy formation. If I have to sub Tebow in, and then use him the rest of the drive seems unrealistic to me. I don't mind telling the other person I"m subbing in Tebow, but is it cool if I switch him out after?

Gamertag: Z stepano Z
Team: NY Jets

This was the exact point that came up in the other league, and I agree with you. The best solution they could come up with in there (in an effort to be fair to everyone) was at the beginning of the game, pause and sub Sanchez into those packages...which supposedly only takes a second. Then, when you want to use Tebow, you can just do so according to the rule like everyone else.

It should be noted that if you bring him in at the START of a possession, you don't need to message your opponent. But what was happening last year was like "1st down: Sanchez", "2nd down: Tebow", "3rd down: Sanchez", all in one drive. And while the Jets may do that in real life...you can also see him running onto the field before the coach picks the play for his defense.

#928 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

ahh ok.. i gotcha.. thanks for the quick reply.

#929 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Cardinals checking in - FIRST DIBS ON ANY TEAMS THAT BECOME AVAILABLE

Well, that's not going to happen. We've got two people on the waiting list. So, any teams that come open will go to them. And considering all the uproar we had with the thought of people changing teams earlier, I doubt that's something we're going to allow any time soon.

#930 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Did you not read what he wrote? HE SAID FIRST DIBS. That's official, fyi.