Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#931 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Did you not read what he wrote? HE SAID FIRST DIBS. That's official, fyi.

Dibs on the Super Bowl and #1 pick.

#932 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well, that's not going to happen. We've got two people on the waiting list. So, any teams that come open will go to them. And considering all the uproar we had with the thought of people changing teams earlier, I doubt that's something we're going to allow any time soon.

My condition for joining was that I could switch teams if possible... and if I go from Cardinals to say Raiders, the waiting list person gets the Cardinals. Same number of people come off wait list to a team when they didn't have one before.

#933 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Dibs on Dibs.

#934 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:45 AM

Posted Image

#935 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

My condition for joining was that I could switch teams if possible... and if I go from Cardinals to say Raiders, the waiting list person gets the Cardinals. Same number of people come off wait list to a team when they didn't have one before.

Originally Posted by hammurabi1337
I'd be happy to join, but the Cardnials... eh... yeah, I'll take them.

No offense but that doesn't look like someone placing a condition on their joining.

#936 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Mmmm, Dibs

Posted Image

Edited by DarkTower80, 14 September 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#937 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

I prefer Nestle Crunch Dibs.

#938 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

No offense but that doesn't look like someone placing a condition on their joining.

It was in my PM with my gamertag and whatnot. I mean obviously if it's a problem with the rules I get that but I did say it.

And that image is glorious, I almost fell out of my chair.

#939 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

I've cleared out my PM's since then, but I don't remember agreeing to let you switch teams. As I said, there were people who wanted to switch teams earlier in the thread, and it was pointed out that it wouldn't be fair to allow them to switch when someone else may have wanted that team.

I realize you were one of the last people to choose a team, but the same logic applies. Right now, you're holding a spot that someone on the waiting list would gladly take. If you're unhappy with your spot in the league, you're more than welcome to give it up, go on the waiting list yourself, and then rejoin when a team that is more to your liking becomes available. If that doesn't meet your conditions, you're also free to leave.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#940 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Posted Image

We aren't doing it here, just wanted to let everyone know EA is actually listening to us this year. 2012 indeed.

This has officially been confirmed on madden's twitter account @EAMaddenNFL. So are we sticking to the gameplan or trying fantasy draft out?

#941 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

This has officially been confirmed on madden's twitter account @EAMaddenNFL$. So are we sticking to the gameplan or trying fantasy draft out?

We're too far into the process to consider that now. I assume many people would have chosen their team differently if the plan was to use fantasy rosters. Plus, with something EA is just tacking on last minute, I don't know how much I'd trust it. For instance, will it still have the salary cap? Are contracts still valid? etc. At least with the real rosters, we've been able to do some research and see what we're getting ourselves into.

#942 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

We're too far into the process to consider that now. I assume many people would have chosen their team differently if the plan was to use fantasy rosters. Plus, with something EA is just tacking on last minute, I don't know how much I'd trust it. For instance, will it still have the salary cap? Are contracts still valid? etc. At least with the real rosters, we've been able to do some research and see what we're getting ourselves into.

That's a good point, just thought I would throw that out there because I know a lot of people in the madden community wanted fantasy draft in the game.

#943 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Chiefs are ready to represent the AFC

#944 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Just finished a ranked game in Madden. This guy was the worst kind of person to play. Constantly going for it on fourth and long, kicking onside kicks everytime(which he got two of them) cheesing plays etc. Unfortunately, i'm not all that good at the game so I couldn't punish him easily. I have a 24-21 lead late in the fourth with about 3 min left..hes around the 50 with all three timeouts. He had been airing it deep to Steve Smith alot of the game, and instead of taking his time he did that..I was ready for it and picked it. Ran three running plays to make him burn his timeouts and the clock. I punt it and he has under a minute. Hes driving and gets to about my 30. He throws for the endzone and somehow one of his guys is wide open, and he dropped the pass...its good to see there was some justice for the way he was playing.

Can't wait to start this league so I can play with people that actually want to play it like a real football game.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#945 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

I just played my 2nd ranked game and it was so annoying. The guy I was playing used RG III and he was cheesing it up, running backwards on every play so that his WR could get open and I couldn't sack him. He was of course going for it on 4th down.

#946 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

im in the eastern time zone and im free all the time, update that in the op. im the colts, u guys can add me if u want: snakemaster2389
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#947 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

I'd be all for a fantasy draft. Of course, I'm the Browns so that's why. :)

#948 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I'd be all for a fantasy draft. Of course, I'm the Browns so that's why. :)

Any chance we could make a deal for Joe Haden? I've got the Redskins.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#949 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Sure, I guess I'll take the RG3 guy...

#950 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a receiver and some draft picks

#951 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a receiver and some draft picks

Did they fix this from Maddens past? I know that i screwed last year as well as some other guys (luckily N8 was able to make everyone happy, seriously hes a great commish). I know that in the offline franchise you can ADD picks to a trade. have they changed that this year to where its online as well? I swore off trading for pics.

#952 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

CC online roster update is out fyi

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#953 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Did they fix this from Maddens past? I know that i screwed last year as well as some other guys (luckily N8 was able to make everyone happy, seriously hes a great commish). I know that in the offline franchise you can ADD picks to a trade. have they changed that this year to where its online as well? I swore off trading for pics.

You can trade the current years picks and the following years picks in online CCM.

#954 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

The league is set up and invites are being sent out as we speak! Everyone MUST create a new coach so we're all on the same level. I thought this would be a good place for everyone to come up with their stripper name (despite not having an option for female coaches, haha). This isn't a requirement, of course. But I thought it would be fun. Don't forget to use the first letter from your team's name when coming up with yours.

So, introducing the new head coach of the Tennessee Titans...Trinity Tyler!

If anybody needs help coming up with a name, I found this list helpful, haha.
http://www.feminists....com/names1.htm

#955 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Juicy Jewels is the new Jaguars coach.

The headlines for announcing the coach changes are going to be awesome for this.

#956 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Ok, invites have been sent out!

Everybody should now have one, and no password is needed (though I did go through all the trouble of coming up with a stripper related password, lol). Just accept it and you're in! I'll be sending out PM's soon too, just to make sure everyone is aware that we're getting started. And we do have people on the waiting list, should anybody change their mind about being in the league. Really excited about starting with a full league this year!

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 14 September 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#957 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Juicy Jewels is the new Jaguars coach.

The headlines for announcing the coach changes are going to be awesome for this.

Well, I'd much rather have Juicy Jewels than Mike Mularkey too.

#958 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

All invites have been sent out!

Everybody should now have one, and no password is needed (though I did go through all the trouble of coming up with a stripper related password, lol). Just accept it and you're in! I'll be sending out PM's soon too, just to make sure everyone is aware that we're getting started. And we do have people on the waiting list, should anybody change their mind about being in the league. Really excited about starting with a full league this year!

And I'm just going to keep posting this over and over so nobody misses it:

Everyone MUST create a new coach so we're all on the same level. I thought this would be a good place for everyone to come up with their stripper name (despite not having an option for female coaches, haha). This isn't a requirement, of course. But I thought it would be fun. Don't forget to use the first letter from your team's name when coming up with yours.

If anybody needs help coming up with a name, I found this list helpful, haha.
http://www.feministstripper.com/names1.htm

#959 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Maxxx Victory Head coach of the minnesota Vikings is ready

#960 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!