Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#9691 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

forgot about the matching contracts with the years, that makes sense to me (I don't remember who posted about it). its honestly been so long since the other offseason (and I made just a couple signings) that I have no idea how any of that worked. no big deal to me either way.

Just as another repost, anybody on the lions is a trade option. just let me know what you're offering.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#9692 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Disclaimer: n8rockerasu may be NSFW

I have. Just want to wait until I'm home before I release a bunch of "official statements". Doing it on my phone just feels very half-cocked. And I always try to give this league full-cock whenever I can help it.

Awesome! I think we all appreciate your full-cock.....Wait. That's not what I meant. 8-)

#9693 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

I am still looking to trade for draft picks. I'll post my trade block when I get home from work, but it will probably be mostly the same. I know I will add my 2 tight ends to the list, but not sure after that. I will only want rounds 1, 2, or maybe 3.

#9694 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hit me up when you figure out who it is Konfusion, I'm looking to dump all of my draft picks.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#9695 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Anybody looking to trade down in the draft? Hmu please

#9696 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

In other news, the soap at this hotel smells like Nerds candy! WTF wizardry is this?!?!?!

i want some of that

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#9697 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

still looking to offload Asomougha, also looking for a QB preferably a mobile one, i know i have vick but honestly, i was a righty

#9698 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I still don't have a team but once I get in I'm sure ill want to trade someone or trade for something

#9699 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

I have returned. Just grabbing some dinner with my wife and getting my daughter settled in. I should be "open for business" within a couple hours.

#9700 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hit me up when you figure out who it is Konfusion, I'm looking to dump all of my draft picks.

This is the Ravens current trade block....

RB Doug Martin - 87 OVR Balanced Back (90 BCV, 88 TRK, 99 DUR)
LT Sam Baker - 87 OVR in Zone Block scheme
RE A.J. Gilbert - 84 OVR Speed Rusher (87 FMV, 83 SPD, 87 ACC)
OLB/DE Paul Kruger - 80 OVR Pass Rusher (93 FMV, 87 BSH, 85 PUR/PRC)
MLB Jameel McClain - 83 OVR (88 HIT, 86 BSH, 86 PUR)
RG Marshal Yanda - 91 OVR (90 RBK, 91 IBL, 87 PBK)
ROLB Terrell Suggs - 98 OVR (85 SPD, 99 FMV, 95 BSH, 99 PUR, 90 PRC)
Draft Picks - All rounds except 3rd

Positions I want to upgrade are MLB, RB, CB, SS, FS. I would also be interested in moving up in the draft or just adding more 1st/2nd and maybe 3rd round picks. PM me if you're interested.

Edited by Konfusion, 25 March 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#9701 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'm still looking to give up the Browns if anyone is looking for a team pre-draft. If nobody is looking yet I'll stick with them. Just thought I'd post again because I saw a few posts about players looking for spots I think.

#9702 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

I think you're staying here Matt :)

#9703 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Posted Image

Ok...here we go. Got the official pants on and everything. We've got a ton of things to go over, so I'm just going to start from the top of my head (don't really feel like reviewing the last week of posts...which I think is something like 40 pages). If I miss something, feel free to interject, and we'll cover whatever needs covering.

1. 49ers and Rams are now open (I could have sworn staticz said he was done too, but maybe my posts got jumbled on my phone).

2. Since Tiger never officially had a team, he's still first on the waiting list in my book, and can choose from any open team.

3. Bringing Tanabeo in is probably not a good idea. He's definitely a guy who tries to get away with anything that gets him ahead. If Mile High Von was just rejected for similar reasons, allowing Tanabeo to join really wouldn't be fair.

4. While I can appreciate the awareness that free agent contracts are ripe for exploitation with the knowledge that we are going into our final season...I do think the system that we already have in place (ie. the most years you can offer free agents on the open market is the number of years they are requesting) is probably the best we can do to address the lack of realism in a video game setting. As somebody said a day or two ago, ultimately, the teams with the most cap space are going to get the players they want.

5. By that same token, this idea of "I might not have enough money to carry 53 players" is not going to fly. It's a crappy excuse for overpaying players and trying to field a team of superstars. It demonstrates a lack of understanding of professional football, and poor management skills.

The reality of it is that maybe you benefited in previous seasons and won more games than you should have because you ran your team like Jeffrey Loria. Letting you off the hook now would not be fair the rest of the league. Teams who cannot get under the cap or carry 53 players by Week 1 will begin receiving strikes. This is not the "I Suck At Math And Can't Balance My Check Book League".

6. As these topics relate to "restructuring contracts" (ie. releasing and resigning a player during the season to a one year contract), we can discuss if there need to be any limitations.

For one...we have to consider what stands to be gained, as it's most likely going to only apply to players in the latter years of a long contract (ie. players making $7M or more...who might only ask for $3-4M in a one year deal). Do we want to just allow owners to cut/resign freely, or should we institute our own "waiver wire", allowing other teams to sign those players if they have the cap room? I feel like this is the area that might have room for tweaking.

Ok, that seems like a pretty good start, haha. I'm about to send Tiger his invite and advance us to the next round of the offseason. We'll plan to advance again on Sunday night UNLESS everyone selects "ready to advance" sooner. I know some people are out of town this weekend, so we'll definitely make sure everyone has a chance to handle their stuff before we move on.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#9704 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Spoiler

I'll pm you shortly when I'm not on my phone.

#9705 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

6. As these topics relate to "restructuring contracts" (ie. releasing and resigning a player during the season to a one year contract), we can discuss if there need to be any limitations.

For one...we have to consider what stands to be gained, as it's most likely going to only apply to players in the latter years of a long contract (ie. players making $7M or more...who might only ask for $3-4M in a one year deal). Do we want to just allow owners to cut/resign freely, or should we institute our own "waiver wire", allowing other teams to sign those players if they have the cap room? I feel like this is the area that might have room for tweaking.

I would suggest that if you release a player, you can't pick them back up until a few weeks later. I think the Panthers got a pass because they needed an owner and they were in such a mess that something had to be done about it, so that was a special case. I think there should also be some type of Free Agent Draft once preseason starts. That way everyone has a fair chance at the 1 year contracts of free agents that don't sign during this period. Something like we did last season.

#9706 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

What's the deal with Revis? Do I get exclusive negotiating rights since I never got to negotiate or franchise tag him?

#9707 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

I am offering Darrell Revis so much money. Seriously. It's more than Flaco by far.

#9708 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

What's the deal with Revis? Do I get exclusive negotiating rights since I never got to negotiate or franchise tag him?

I would think you'd be able to sign him for a year at whatever the tender tag was? But he was a trade so idk how it works on this league.

#9709 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Also wow there aren't many FA's.

Also SF witten is off limits remove your bid on him.

#9710 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

So the maximum years you can offer is what the player asks for, can we get an official from the commish statement on minimum years? I feel like since some teams have cap room theyre just gonna swoop in with a loaded one-year deal on a player and given how AI logic is, I'd rather not see that.

#9711 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Dark rider can you repost the off limits players from the cowboys on this page

#9712 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Just going to speak openly on this. Personally, I hate this concept. I know people have questioned if it's a glitch in the game...but I have to wonder if certain players are just coded that way...or if it's just randomly decided that a player just wants to "test free agency".

To me, I feel like this stuff SHOULD just be the risk of trading for a player in the final year of his contract. I don't like what the other league does with the exclusive negotiating, and giving people free claim to a player no matter what. I honestly don't understand why you couldn't franchise tag him. The only thing I could think of is if his Franchise Tag salary exceeded your cap space (not sure what the tag salary is for a CB, but when I was looking at my QBs...it was like $16M...which is absurd).

And also...I can't do a whole lot about this because as of now, the Rams and 49ers are CPU controlled...and the Rams have already made an offer on Revis.

#9713 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

The 49ers are a CPU team.

#9714 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

San Fran is CPU controlled right now, I believe.

So the maximum years you can offer is what the player asks for, can we get an official from the commish statement on minimum years? I feel like since some teams have cap room theyre just gonna swoop in with a loaded one-year deal on a player and given how AI logic is, I'd rather not see that.

I was under the impression that it was exact number of years. No maximum or minimum, only exact number. I thought that is how we did it last year.

#9715 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Shit that sucks for dallas right now I would have used a few other gamer tags to squat for the advance.

Also the cb tag this year was just under/over 14 million for one of my guys (I signed him not tagged). But I like how you think n8

#9716 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Just going to speak openly on this. Personally, I hate this concept. I know people have questioned if it's a glitch in the game...but I have to wonder if certain players are just coded that way...or if it's just randomly decided that a player just wants to "test free agency".

To me, I feel like this stuff SHOULD just be the risk of trading for a player in the final year of his contract. I don't like what the other league does with the exclusive negotiating, and giving people free claim to a player no matter what. I honestly don't understand why you couldn't franchise tag him. The only thing I could think of is if his Franchise Tag salary exceeded your cap space (not sure what the tag salary is for a CB, but when I was looking at my QBs...it was like $16M...which is absurd).

And also...I can't do a whole lot about this because as of now, the Rams and 49ers are CPU controlled...and the Rams have already made an offer on Revis.

I have nearly 60 million in cap space, so it wasn't that. Right now, there are offers from the Rams and Broncos.

#9717 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Can't...SF is a CPU team for the time being.

But is a front loaded (ie. one year deal) even a concern? The idea behind limiting contract length was that the long deals would allow people to only pay top players small salaries for the first 2-3 seasons. Paying one player a huge salary for one season seems like it would handicap that team pretty badly. For that matter, do we know that a player is more likely to accept a one year, $25M deal instead of a 5 year, $100M deal?

#9718 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Shit that sucks for dallas right now I would have used a few other gamer tags to squat for the advance.

Also the cb tag this year was just under 14 million for one of my guys (I signed him not tagged). But I like how you think n8

Why didn't Dallas re-sign them during the exclusive period? He re-signed some of his guys like Ware, Ratliff, and Carr.

#9719 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

Some of them didn't negotiate with him. Either way they were off limits.

Dark Rider's old list:
Jason Witten
DeMarcus Ware
Brandon Carr
Tyron Smith
Anthony Spencer
Sean Lee
Miles Austin
Morris Claiborne
Jay Ratliff

#9720 Konfusion

Konfusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

But is a front loaded (ie. one year deal) even a concern? The idea behind limiting contract length was that the long deals would allow people to only pay top players small salaries for the first 2-3 seasons. Paying one player a huge salary for one season seems like it would handicap that team pretty badly. For that matter, do we know that a player is more likely to accept a one year, $25M deal instead of a 5 year, $100M deal?

Revis will only take a total value 1 year contract of $11.99M anyway. If someone offered that, they would lose to someone who offered a multi year deal.