Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#9751 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm just saying the loss on him is going to be substantial, also in his top scheme he is a lower 90 WR, and you might want to actually check his contract. Stannard is the second defensive linemen and he was a good player, meaning you should only need backups. You realize CBs are the most important defensive position in Madden. The reason I had 4 good CBs is because so many mismatches happen when corners aren't lined up on WRs or TEs. Hence, why I had the #1 pass defense in the league. 70-80% of the plays you are going to see run are from the shotgun. Like I said do what you want, but the team most likely will take some hits for it, I know the team inside and out. Maybe you know football really well, but you also need to know Madden very well which are 2 different things. Oh well, guess I am just going to have to let it go.

haha im not saying your wrong at all i know you know this team and you really DID have a good team...its built well....i play alot of madden and the way i play you have some holes that i would like to correct so it fits my play style...3 CB are more then enough when i go 4-3 or nickel (moving the third CB to back up SS)

#9752 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

haha im not saying your wrong at all i know you know this team and you really DID have a good team...its built well....i play alot of madden and the way i play you have some holes that i would like to correct so it fits my play style...3 CB are more then enough when i go 4-3 or nickel (moving the third CB to back up SS)

Aight cool, we'll see how you do.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9753 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Aight cool, we'll see how you do.

we will

#9754 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

alright to be clear...i am taking trade offers for the above trade block...i want everyone to know that i will not make a deal until i am able to look at free agents/scouting

i have received trade offers for moss....nothing just intrest
welker- a deal is pending per me seeing free agents/scouting and trade comm. response
clulliver-slightly more intrest...no specifics

#9755 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

HUGE TRADE in the Works between Texans and 49ers. Tiger is reading through the proposal for us to send to the committe. Stay tuned!

#9756 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm surprised this dude is trying to blow up the 49ers already. It's his team, so he can run it how he wants. It's just odd to me.

#9757 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm surprised this dude is trying to blow up the 49ers already. It's his team, so he can run it how he wants. It's just odd to me.

have you ever played with me?
do you know how i play?
do you know what the trades are?
Do you know what my holes are?

you may know the answer to one of these

#9758 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

HUGE TRADE in the Works between Texans and 49ers. Tiger is reading through the proposal for us to send to the committe. Stay tuned!

WE HAVE COME TO TERMS....

pending the trade committee response

#9759 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

While I dont entirely disagree with this sentiment, I dont think having the previous owner coming in and scolding him for trying to make the team fit his playstyle is helpful either.

I 100% get the apprehension with new players making trades...but to be fair, it's not like Blade left the team in tact either. He traded Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Navarro Bowman, etc. Just not really sure how to restrict it without being unfair. Besides, that's what the trade committee is for.

#9760 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

While I dont entirely disagree with this sentiment, I dont think having the previous owner coming in and scolding him for trying to make the team fit his playstyle is helpful either.

I 100% get the apprehension with new players making trades...but to be fair, it's not like Blade left the team in tact either. He traded Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Navarro Bowman, etc. Just not really sure how to restrict it without being unfair. Besides, that's what the trade committee is for.

I never claimed to be helpful. ;)

#9761 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

if anyone is looking to scrimmage around 3 p.m central shot me a pm looking to get some practice in

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#9762 HooRox

HooRox

Go Pack Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Could we possibly have an official comment from the commissioner about how we're handling the Cowboys free agents at time point in the offseason as well as going forward? I withdrew the one offer I had extended, but it appears some non-CPU teams still have offers
in place. Thanks in advance.

#9763 HooRox

HooRox

Go Pack Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

...at *this point...

#9764 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

I have now cut Brady to free up my Revis money. :)

Yeah I forgot about the Cowboys too. Should we not try to get those players?

#9765 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Could we possibly have an official comment from the commissioner about how we're handling the Cowboys free agents at time point in the offseason as well as going forward? I withdrew the one offer I had extended, but it appears some non-CPU teams still have offers
in place. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, sorry. Still catching up. I just forwarded all the trade requests to the committee that have been sitting for a few days. So, hopefully those will get processing pretty soon.

As for the Cowboys' players, I was kind of hoping njrockpd would give us an idea what plans he has for those guys. I mean, obviously, they SHOULD be on his team. And as such, I think it's only fair that we take those players off the open market. To me, the only thing that would change that would be if he has no intention of signing those guys (or might have considered cutting them to free up funds anyway). But yeah, those guys should be his as long as he wants them. I would like to know his thoughts before we advance again though.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#9766 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

i'm interested, i'm a newbie for online madden but not madde itself. what do i need to do to sign up for the waiting list?

Sooo...it looks like this guy only posted once? If he's still around and following the thread, and wants to post his info, the Rams are still available. Otherwise, I'll chalk this up as a driveby.

#9767 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Also, one thing I want to make sure everyone is aware of (old and new players alike)...

YOU MAY NOT OFFER A FREE AGENT A LONGER CONTRACT THAN WHAT HE IS ASKING FOR. YOU CAN OFFER LESS YEARS THAN WHAT HE IS ASKING, BUT NOT MORE. YOU MAY OFFER ANY DOLLAR AMOUNT YOU WISH THOUGH.

For example - If a player is requesting a 5 year contract, you MAY offer him anywhere between 1-5 years...for any dollar amount. You MAY NOT, however, offer him a six or seven year contract.

#9768 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

How is the Packers owner fairing?

#9769 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

To be honest haven't seen him for about a week or a week and a half.

#9770 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

He hasn't posted in the thread for almost a month. I guess he's still in.

#9771 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Jesus Tom Brady wants 20mil for 1 year. At 37 players I don't think I can make that happen :D
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#9772 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Jesus Tom Brady wants 20mil for 1 year. At 37 players I don't think I can make that happen :D

doesnt help that doo mane messed up ur team good luck making it to 53 players

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#9773 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

doesnt help that doo mane messed up ur team good luck making it to 53 players

Yeah idk. I'll be able to sign 53 but if anyone gets hurt Ill be in a lot of trouble.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#9774 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Lol I wasn't scolding him, he is new, I was just surprised at all the moves he was wanting to make. I don't know his level of skill, so I was merely trying to offer some advice. Especially moving Welker, cause like I said it is going to cost him a lot to move him.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9775 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Lol I wasn't scolding him, he is new, I was just surprised at all the moves he was wanting to make. I don't know his level of skill, so I was merely trying to offer some advice. Especially moving Welker, cause like I said it is going to cost him a lot to move him.

Well, yeah. Cautioning on Welker, I get. I don't like eating large portions of contracts either. It becomes hard to rationalize the amount of savings when you take such a huge hit. But then again...look at what the Bills just did with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Instead of paying him $10M to play this season, they ate $10M to cut him.

#9776 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

i hardly doubt you would of given me so much "advice" if i would of went with the rams...but since i went with your "baby" you feel the need to try and still run the team how you see fit... its MY team now and i will run it how i see fit...thank you again for your "advice"

#9777 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Just threw in my absurd Revis offer into the ring.

Probably not absurd enough.

#9778 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

What are his attributes?

#9779 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

i hardly doubt you would of given me so much "advice" if i would of went with the rams...but since i went with your "baby" you feel the need to try and still run the team how you see fit... its MY team now and i will run it how i see fit...thank you again for your "advice"

lol...I thought some people might take it that way. Lets just try not to blow it out of proportion. As with most things in this league, we have checks and balances for a reason. Nothing will get out of hand.

#9780 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Well, yeah. Cautioning on Welker, I get. I don't like eating large portions of contracts either. It becomes hard to rationalize the amount of savings when you take such a huge hit. But then again...look at what the Bills just did with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Instead of paying him $10M to play this season, they ate $10M to cut him.

Does that count against their cap? I don't think it does. I wonder how much bonus money and other guaranteed money teams pay out to guys they cut. I may have to do some googling on that.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz