Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#10861 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

I wish the XP was more of a collective XP system so I could spread the wealth.

lol i think its good that its not... but if it was that 40000 would have all gone to andrew luck or stephen hill

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#10862 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

ya it is good its not cause every person in this league would have two MAXED out players and everyone else would just suck lol. would be nice to gift some of my back ups some of my starters xp.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#10863 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

I temporarily had Knox but wasn't really impressed with his numbers. He's fast...that's about it. His catch ratings were low. His route running wasn't great. And his release was horrid. He also was a surprisingly bad return man (his carry is in the 50s too, I believe). I felt like Brandon Tate brought a lot more to the table. Similar speed...better hands...good returner.

I did try to get Mathews last night though, but somebody had signed him when I went to grab him. Guess he got thrown back out there and I missed him again. I'm suspecting we'll have a lot of players like that as people give different players "try outs".

I originally signed Matthews and then i was reading the forum and i misunderstood the one post about waiting 2 weeks to sign a player who was recently cut, I panicked and released him so I wouldnt get in trouble, then it was explained to me that you cant resign your own players you cut for 2 weeks, by the time i found that out Matthews was already picked up by someone else.
Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself

#10864 Yo Soy El Tiger

Yo Soy El Tiger

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

i just got a LT 81 overall with 35K

#10865 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

I originally signed Matthews and then i was reading the forum and i misunderstood the one post about waiting 2 weeks to sign a player who was recently cut, I panicked and released him so I wouldnt get in trouble, then it was explained to me that you cant resign your own players you cut for 2 weeks, by the time i found that out Matthews was already picked up by someone else.

Ya that was so people didn't do a quick "restructure" save a bunch of cap room and resign a guy way cheaper.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#10866 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Is anyone actually playing the preseason games? I may be the only one who feels this way, but I wouldn't oppose simming the rest so we can get started on the regular season.

#10867 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Is anyone actually playing the preseason games? I may be the only one who feels this way, but I wouldn't oppose simming the rest so we can get started on the regular season.

DVO and I are playing our week 3 preseason game tonight.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#10868 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Both my opponents so far have reached out to me to play but I wouldn't mind advancing to the regular season tomorrow. I like playing preseason games it gives me the opportunity to use back ups and random plays I don't want to try for the 1st time in the season.

#10869 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'm just doing my practices. I feel like that gives me a good enough feel for what some of my new acquisitions bring to the table. I've still got to cut one or two players, so I am actually making use of the time. I agree with what you're saying...but we are at least moving forward at a decent clip now. We'll be advanced to the regular season tomorrow night (and I wouldn't even be opposed to a reasonably early advance).

#10870 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Ya that was so people didn't do a quick "restructure" save a bunch of cap room and resign a guy way cheaper.

yea i get it now, I just panicked and figured he wasnt worth me getting suspended for a game, if only id paid more attention to the rules!
Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself

#10871 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Minnesota Vikings trade block:

Jerome Simpson, WR, 84 OVR
Christian Ponder, QB, 73 OVR
Toby Gerhart, HB, 76 OVR
Charlie Johnson, LG, 81 OVR
Joe Berger, C, 77 OVR
Luis Castillo, LE, 81 OVR
AJ Jefferson, CB, 77 OVR

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#10872 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm just doing my practices. I feel like that gives me a good enough feel for what some of my new acquisitions bring to the table. I've still got to cut one or two players, so I am actually making use of the time. I agree with what you're saying...but we are at least moving forward at a decent clip now. We'll be advanced to the regular season tomorrow night (and I wouldn't even be opposed to a reasonably early advance).

Yeah. I just signed some players last night I need to try out in practice mode so I can figure out who will make my final roster.

I don't think any of the guys I signed had much XP. I think Ronde Barber had maybe 7k. I had Sanchez last season as my backup and didn't use his XP because I thought he might go unsigned again and didn't want to make him look more desirable to other teams. He is pretty accurate, but lacks arm strength.

#10873 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ryan Matthews and Johnny Knox. Not a bad pick up. I was expecting it to be wiped out when I got up, but there are still a few decent players left. I still can't believe the Chargers dropped Matthews.

Also, MaGahee went to the Giants. Have fun! He has 83 SPD!

So...Mathews went to the division rivals...this should be interesting...

#10874 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

yea i get it now, I just panicked and figured he wasnt worth me getting suspended for a game, if only id paid more attention to the rules!

Ah, that sucks. I at least feel better that there is a clear policy on it in the OP though. I'd feel bad if it was one of those vague rules that didn't have an official stance or something. Look on the bright side, maybe he'll live up to the real Ryan Mathews and tear his nutsack or something and be out for the season. :lol:
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#10875 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

So...Mathews went to the division rivals...this should be interesting...

Indeed. I was liking what I saw in practice. Maybe, I will spare you the horror of Reggie and Demps and just use Matthews against you. His revenge. :D

Ah, that sucks. I at least feel better that there is a clear policy on it in the OP though. I'd feel bad if it was one of those vague rules that didn't have an official stance or something. Look on the bright side, maybe he'll live up to the real Ryan Mathews and tear his nutsack or something and be out for the season. :lol:

Knowing my luck with injuries, it's certainly probable. :lol:

#10876 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

me and TB played our week 2

i think me and PIT are going to play our week 3 tonight. hopefully the day gets advanced later around 12amEST again for tonight.

#10877 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Can the rams be put on auto? i'd like to tyr out some of my players in a game setting and the rams are my wk 3 so i'd like to play them when i get home tomorrow if thats cool

#10878 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

me and TB played our week 2

i think me and PIT are going to play our week 3 tonight. hopefully the day gets advanced later around 12amEST again for tonight.

If we advance too much later tonight, there's a chance I could forget. All bets are off once I'm on duty with my daughter for the night. I'll try, but anything is possible, lol.

#10879 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

All right, guys. We've advanced to the final week of the preseason. As I mentioned before, I really wouldn't be opposed to advancing a little early on Thursday so people can maybe get a head start on their Week 1 games. I was thinking 8PM EST.

The only reason I could see that being a problem for anyone is if their team has over 53 players and they won't be able to make their final cuts before that time. If that describes you, please speak up. Otherwise, we'll plan to kickoff the regular season at 8PM EST!

#10880 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Whoever has Allen Baker needs to cut him. I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday to sign him. He was my fa pool pick.

Edit* looks like the Texans signed him! I went through the teams quickly.

#10881 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Whoever has Allen Baker needs to cut him. I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday to sign him. He was my fa pool pick.

Edit* looks like the Texans signed him! I went through the teams quickly.

I'm sorry man! I was wondering why there was a 99 speed back still left. I will do it as soon as I can. Again I apologize

#10882 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

lmao, I'm loving the travels of Allen Baker right now. If someone gets a moment could they check who the lions play for their preseason game, and week 1?

#10883 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

If you have time to track who signs him, why don't you sign him? You can do it from the website, christ.

#10884 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Again, I never heard anything from FrankySox. At this point, the Packers are open. That's a pretty crappy way for it to go down, but whatever. I guess I'll contact steggy and see if he wants his team back, haha.

If you have time to track who signs him, why don't you sign him? You can do it from the website, christ.

Well, if every time he looks, he's on a different team and not in the free agent pool, he can't really sign him, can he? I agree that this has gone on a little long. But to be fair, Baker has been picked up by at least 3 teams already.

Also, Texans vs Titans set for 8PM EST! Ready to resume the rivalry! I owe doc this season.

#10885 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yep, that makes perfect sense. You can totally sign guys who are on other teams rosters.

Every time I get on to sign him he's on a different team (not blaming any of those guys, not their fault.) I go away from home often on business trips and when the fa pool came up for me, I wasn't home. I use an iPad on the road. You try using EAs god awful website on an iPad and if you can navigate for two seconds without wanting to kill yourself, you have more willpower than me.

Doc, no prob. Just release him when you get a chance, I'm home all day.

Edited by Flyersfan, 04 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#10886 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Every time I get on to sign him he's on a different team (not blaming any of those guys, not their fault.) I go away from home often on business trips and when the fa pool came up for me, I wasn't home. I use an iPad on the road. You try using EAs god awful website on an iPad and if you can navigate for two seconds without wanting to kill yourself, you have more willpower than me.

This was my situation when I was on vacation and all of the free agency craziness happened. If EA was never going to release the damn app we were promised, the least they could have done is make a mobile version of their website. Trying to use it on a tablet will indeed make you want to kill yourself.

Also, does anybody know what in the hell formation uses 6 offensive linemen and a defensive tackle in the backfield??? The CPU has been running that on me in practice. It shows up as a 0WR, 2RB, 1TE set. Freaking weird, man.

#10887 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

I kinda feel like picking up Baker then dropping him right after. I want to be part of the club.

#10888 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

I kinda feel like picking up Baker then dropping him right after. I want to be part of the club.

It's very exclusive! Lol

#10889 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Last offseason, there was a DB who was claimed and kept getting picked up by the wrong teams.

#10890 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I think he wants to come to Denver for an hour just to smoke some now legal weed. :D