Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1111 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

also n8, chances are I was on my phone and private messages don't pop up

You don't have it set to where you get an email when someone sends you a PM? That's always been a very helpful feature for me. It's really useful for setting up games in the league too.

#1112 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ok, Danimal passed on the Ravens spot because he's too busy. It now falls to moojuice. PM'ing him now.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1113 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

'allo chaps

#1114 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

The Cowboys are available for whoever is next in line to join. I don't want to back out of the league but I also don't want to inconvenience the rest of you guys due to my busy work schedule on weekends (Fri-Sun) every single weekend. it's only going to get worse due to the holidays coming since I work in retail.

#1115 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

The Cowboys are available for whoever is next in line to join. I don't want to back out of the league but I also don't want to inconvenience the rest of you guys due to my busy work schedule on weekends (Fri-Sun) every single weekend. it's only going to get worse due to the holidays coming since I work in retail.

Well, there's is no "next in line" anymore. Honestly, I'd rather have a human owner who is able to play some of the time (as long as he doesn't care when his games get CPU played or even simmed), as opposed to having a CPU owner that is going to screw up free agency and everything else for the rest of us. Really, it would inconvenience us more at this point if you dropped.

#1116 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

If Hydro ends up leaving, I'd love to take the Cowboys rather than the Lions. If not I'll stick with them.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1117 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

If Hydro ends up leaving, I'd love to take the Cowboys rather than the Lions. If not I'll stick with them.

The problem this creates is that someone else would "love to take the Lions" (not to mention other competition you'd have for the Cowboys, I'm sure). The idea of team switching was brought up fairly soon after we selected teams, and it was shot down pretty hard. It just turns into a big game of musical chairs, and isn't worth the headache.

#1118 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Interesting Fact: 3 of the remaining 6 teams that have yet to join the league actually had joined, but did so with an existing coach. And the other 3 have posted in this thread in the past hour (one was just invited from the waiting list).

Also, just some general info that should be helpful to all, even if you can't/haven't play your preseason game, make sure you do a team practice so you can get the XP.

Another thing that would be helpful is to set your status to "ready" after you're ready to advance to the next week. Granted, we need everybody joined before that's an option, but at the same time, we shouldn't let preseason games hold us up either. So, the sooner we can get on with things, the better.

#1119 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Steelers owner: I can play tonight anywhere from 7-930 for the first week of pre season

#1120 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Steelers owner: I can play tonight anywhere from 7-930 for the first week of pre season

Message him dude.

#1121 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Well, there's is no "next in line" anymore. Honestly, I'd rather have a human owner who is able to play some of the time (as long as he doesn't care when his games get CPU played or even simmed), as opposed to having a CPU owner that is going to screw up free agency and everything else for the rest of us. Really, it would inconvenience us more at this point if you dropped.

I wouldn't mind filling in until you can find a suitable replacement.

33126.png

#1122 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

I wouldn't mind filling in until you can find a suitable replacement.

You're already filling in for DVO though, lol.

#1123 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Ok, well, HydroX is out. Even with the offer of playing some of the time and setting up the CPU to play for him, it was too much of a commitment for him. Glad we figured that out now... So, yeah...the Cowboys are open. I'd really rather not have somebody with a team already switch to them. If we're going to do that, we might as well redraft the teams.

#1124 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

You're already filling in for DVO though, lol.

I meant once the season starts, DVO will be back at the end of this week.

33126.png

#1125 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I meant once the season starts, DVO will be back at the end of this week.

Ah, well, that's up to you. If that were going to happen, I guess we'd need somebody else to fill in for DVO in the meantime...unless we just wait on him to get back...which I'd rather not do. I don't want anybody else to lose interest out of nowhere.

#1126 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

How do you manage your connected career from your mobile phone? Did ea just make shit up again?

#1127 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

How do you manage your connected career from your mobile phone? Did ea just make shit up again?

I don't think that's functional yet. The website is barely functional. You can view your players and your "coaching legacy" and whatnot. But nothing really too useful. A lot of it says "coming soon". So, probably a month before Madden 14 comes out, lol.

#1128 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

You can progress players and sign free agents online I believe.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1129 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Another thing that would be helpful is to set your status to "ready" after you're ready to advance to the next week. Granted, we need everybody joined before that's an option, but at the same time, we shouldn't let preseason games hold us up either. So, the sooner we can get on with things, the better.

Once everyone in the league sets their status to "ready" it will auto advance to the next week. Maybe you can turn that off, but it is on by default. Just an FYI so we don't get any surprise advances when every team isn't full.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#1130 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Sorry for my delay I'll create my coach tonight.
Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#1131 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Once everyone in the league sets their status to "ready" it will auto advance to the next week. Maybe you can turn that off, but it is on by default. Just an FYI so we don't get any surprise advances when every team isn't full.

lol...that's a good point. I wonder if the "off" setting would just be for me to never set mine to "ready". Not sure how the game would handle that. Knowing EA it would probably be "Screw you commissioner! We're moving on without you!" haha.

Sorry for my delay I'll create my coach tonight.

It's ok. You're not the only one. I'm just hoping that once we get everybody settled in things will start to move a little more smoothly. I think we're all learning as we go. I just hope no one else decides to drop in the meantime.

#1132 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ah, well, that's up to you. If that were going to happen, I guess we'd need somebody else to fill in for DVO in the meantime...unless we just wait on him to get back...which I'd rather not do. I don't want anybody else to lose interest out of nowhere.

I can switch to the Cowboys then, one empty team is as good (or bad) as another.

I'm sure some guys from the other league would be willing to squat in those empty spots until their owners turn up.

33126.png

#1133 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

I can switch to the Cowboys then, one empty team is as good (or bad) as another.

I'm sure some guys from the other league would be willing to squat in those empty spots until their owners turn up.

Hold that thought. theredworm messaged me and said he has a friend who might be interested in taking Dallas. Damn...it's pure chaos in here today, lol.

#1134 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hold that thought. theredworm messaged me and said he has a friend who might be interested in taking Dallas. Damn...it's pure chaos in here today, lol.

Mmmkay

33126.png

#1135 cbrigante2

cbrigante2

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm the friend Redworm is talking about. My gamertag is cbrigante2. Shoot me an invite and I'll take the team if nobody else is taking them.

#1136 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm the friend Redworm is talking about. My gamertag is cbrigante2. Shoot me an invite and I'll take the team if nobody else is taking them.

Ok, cool. Haha, he said you didn't have a CAG account. But that makes things much easier! I'll send you a league invite the next time I'm on (probably in an hour or so). Thanks for joining. Definitely glad to not have that spot empty! :)

#1137 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

I just noticed that "titty tassels" is a tag in this thread. nice, nice.

lol...that's awesome. I didn't do that, haha.

#1138 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

In that case I'll continue to hang out as the Bengals until DVO gets back. I'm not going to be going out and scheduling preseason games, but if any of the Bengals opponents want to play them, just shoot me a PM and I'll be more than willing to do so.

33126.png

#1139 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Ok so i see the arguing that is going over in the Official league about Free Agency and it'd be nice if we could avoid that. We mine as well get the specifics about how it's going to work so teams can start planning their rosters around when they will be able to get free agents.

So here's the few questions i have about how it's going to work. In the OP it says the estimated week is Week 4, have you made up your mind about that being the week or not?

Second, i know you said it's going to be based on record but what is the tiebreaker between lets say 5 teams with a 2-2 record? Point differential sounds like a decent tiebreaker.

Thirdly, will there be multiple rounds and how many free agents would we be able to pick up at that point in the season?

I feel like once those four questions are answered it will give us a pretty good feel on how it's going to work and for me personally, it would let me know how aggressive i should be going for trades. I'm sure it would help other people with there personnel strategies as well.

Edited by Chetty12, 17 September 2012 - 10:09 PM.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1140 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

I posted this in the other thread to help out people that havn't actually gone through the offseason on there own yet.

So i'll just go through the entire off season process for those that don't know. First off, scouting points can accumulate and won't be reset until after the draft. I personally like to actually save all my points until right before the rookie draft and do all my scouting then.

So step one after the Superbowl(this might happen whenever you get eliminated from the playoffs so make sure to look for it) is to sign your contract extension/gain levels and get xp for your coach if you have met your ultimate goal. You must click on this improve the level of your coach and collect the xp.

Then you have one week where you get one last chance to negotiate and resign your own players. Players that you have ended negotiations with during the season, will not negotiate with you here.

After that week has advanced there is the first week of free agency. This is where everyone goes in and gives their initial contract to the free agents. In the free agency screen you can see what teams are interested in the F.a and you can see what he believes his market value is. So far, i have not been able to find anywhere that tells you what the other users are offering.

The next week is the second week of free agency, which also gives you a chance to scout. Typically, if multiple teams are trying to get the same free agent, that free agent will narrow his list down of the teams he is interested in. You can then see his list of teams he narrowed it down too, so then you can decide if you need to up the ante on your offer or leave it as is. If say in week one of free agency you were the only person interested in a person, or your offer just blows them away then they may sign in between week 1 and week 2 of free agency.

The next week is the third and final week of free agency, this once again gives you more scouting time/scouting points. It works how week two did, he narrows down his list and only accepts if your the only one or he got an offer that blew him away. But keep in mind this is your last chance to put in a offer, once it is progressed past this week all the free agents with offers will make there final decision.

The next week is just more scouting time/scouting points. This is the last opportunity you'll have to do any scouting before the draft.

The next week is the rookie draft, i'm sure you guys will learn more about how that goes once you actually do it. The nice feature is that the commissioner can pause it at anytime.

The next week is basically a recap of the draft and gives you all the contract info for your rookies. The rookies are all on a pay scale and are signed automatically. The game actually puts aside salary cap that you can't use, because it saves it for the rookies cap room.

After that you are into the next preseason.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals