Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1141 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

In that case I'll continue to hang out as the Bengals until DVO gets back. I'm not going to be going out and scheduling preseason games, but if any of the Bengals opponents want to play them, just shoot me a PM and I'll be more than willing to do so.

Sounds good. I don't think he cared too much about his preseason games anyway. So, having somebody play the CPU wouldn't be a big deal. Whatever is easiest on everyone until we get to a point of more stability.

Ok so i see the arguing that is going over in the Official league about Free Agency and it'd be nice if we could avoid that. We mine as well get the specifics about how it's going to work so teams can start planning their rosters around when they will be able to get free agents.

So here's the few questions i have about how it's going to work. In the OP it says the estimated week is Week 4, have you made up your mind about that being the week or not?

Second, i know you said it's going to be based on record but what is the tiebreaker between lets say 5 teams with a 2-2 record? Point differential sounds like a decent tiebreaker.

Thirdly, will there be multiple rounds and how many free agents would we be able to pick up at that point in the season?

I feel like once those four questions are answered it will give us a pretty good feel on how it's going to work and for me personally, it would let me know how aggressive i should be going for trades. I'm sure it would help other people with there personnel strategies as well.

I think Week 4 is a good week to do it. Initially, I could have sworn that the game said the trading deadline was Week 6, but when I looked yesterday, it does say Week 9. I still feel pretty good about doing free agent pick ups in Week 4 though.

As for the process, the way we did it last year, and the way the other league does it is by dividing up into groups based on record (ie. possibly 4 groups of 8). Each group has a time to sign a free agent.

When that time comes, anyone from that group can sign one free agent, regardless of their order. This might not be 100% "fair", but considering how long it took just to draft teams one by one and how much prodding was required, it's just not reasonable to do that every time.

Each team only gets one free agent acquisition. Other than potential injury replacements, that should be enough to get through the first season...which is really all we need to worry about. Once free agents can be bid on and negotiated with, it should make things easier on everyone.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1142 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Alright all that is good to know.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1143 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

So i realized after i started my preseason game with Desklaser that Brady was going to be my qb playing the second half of the game. I only threw 2 passes with him so it wasn't a big deal for this game but how would you like me to approach this for the rest of the preseason? I don't want to get in any trouble with anyone for playing Mallet the entire game, and being accused of trying to farm xp. But i also don't want to play Brady against everyones backups. So if you would, just let me know how you want me to go about this.

#1144 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Got my pre-season game in..an absolutely humiliating defeat...a 31-13 loss..he didn't run up the score. I threw about a million interceptions(I think it was actually 4, and I think 2 got returned for td's) I did throw some really stupid passes but the lag was TERRIBLE. I've only played about 6 online games and every single one of them lagged. This one and another one, I think was with a fellow CAG was really bad though. Hopefully EA gets off there ass and does something about this(ha) before the regular season starts.

Not sure if you got my message steggy. You signed off pretty quick afterwards but good game.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1145 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

Gonna be stuck at work a little bit later than usual tonight, will probably be able to join up a bit later in the evening.

#1146 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

So i realized after i started my preseason game with Desklaser that Brady was going to be my qb playing the second half of the game. I only threw 2 passes with him so it wasn't a big deal for this game but how would you like me to approach this for the rest of the preseason? I don't want to get in any trouble with anyone for playing Mallet the entire game, and being accused of trying to farm xp. But i also don't want to play Brady against everyones backups. So if you would, just let me know how you want me to go about this.

It's not really possible to farm xp that I've seen. Unless you and your opponent are intentionally trying to run up the score. Plus when all your other backups come in you will see the game get really sloppy anyways.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#1147 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

If you legitimately view Brady as your backup at this point, then he should play the 2nd half. To me, leaving your starters in the entire game is a much worse offence.

The way everyone should be approaching subs is just to let the game do its thing. It's preseason, and it mostly doesn't matter, but the idea is to give the backups some reps too.

#1148 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Just finished a great game with Lexxon. I was able to escape with a 31-17 on the strength of 2 early Jason McCourty interceptions, and a solid running game. Each of my running backs scored a TD (CJ, Ringer, and Reynaud), with Ringer picking up 114 yards on 12 carries.

Lexxon was worried about lag because he couldn't get his NAT settings to not say "strict", but other than a few hiccups, it was pretty smooth on my end. I think that's basically proof that the EA servers do whatever the hell they want for no apparent reason. Anyway, good game, Lexxon. I almost forgot what it was like playing a game where your opponent isn't constantly trying to screw you over. I actually had to remind myself not to flip into the endzone like a douche, lol. Too much ranked I guess.

#1149 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

The next week is the rookie draft, i'm sure you guys will learn more about how that goes once you actually do it. The nice feature is that the commissioner can pause it at anytime.

Oh my God I didn't even think of how awesome a 32-player draft will be.
DIBS

#1150 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

If you legitimately view Brady as your backup at this point, then he should play the 2nd half. To me, leaving your starters in the entire game is a much worse offence.

The way everyone should be approaching subs is just to let the game do its thing. It's preseason, and it mostly doesn't matter, but the idea is to give the backups some reps too.

Its not that Isee brady as a back up, i just plan on using mallet as my starter for the reg Season. i just wanted to make sure before i pissed anyone off.

#1151 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Except kicker and punter should be swapped after the 1st quarter

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1152 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Except kicker and punter should be swapped after the 1st quarter

Ehh...I didn't even worry about that. Just a preseason game. It was worth the laughs just to see what they'd do.

#1153 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

In case anybody is wondering, we're still waiting on these people to join the league.

labelmeoriginal/njoy7 (joined using Panthers real coach...had to be booted)

GibsonGamer/Drakenstar (joined using Raiders real coach...had to be booted)

DaddyBoJangles/DaddyBoJangles (joined using Broncos real coach...had to be booted...has responded and said he'll join soon)

perdition(troy/the joy of troy (Lions, was getting errors or something...said he'd try again this afternoon. I'm going to resend the invite though and see if that helps)

moojuice (Ravens, just invited today...expected to accept invite tonight)

cbrigante2 (Cowboys, just invited today...expected to accept invite tonight)

I'm kind of thinking that anybody who has a game against one of these teams in week 1 of the preseason should just go ahead and play the CPU. That way, when they join, they can just get their team practice out of the way and we can hopefully move on to week 2 quicker. We've been waiting long enough as is. I'm not thrilled about the idea of waiting to schedule a week 1 preseason game too.

#1154 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

I assume we can just choose to sim or let our opponent play the CPU in the preseason, correct?

#1155 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

I assume we can just choose to sim or let our opponent play the CPU in the preseason, correct?

Yeah I was wondering about this as well. I really don't care for the preseason but if I have to I will play.

#1156 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

Just finished a great game with Lexxon. I was able to escape with a 31-17 on the strength of 2 early Jason McCourty interceptions, and a solid running game. Each of my running backs scored a TD (CJ, Ringer, and Reynaud), with Ringer picking up 114 yards on 12 carries.

Lexxon was worried about lag because he couldn't get his NAT settings to not say "strict", but other than a few hiccups, it was pretty smooth on my end. I think that's basically proof that the EA servers do whatever the hell they want for no apparent reason. Anyway, good game, Lexxon. I almost forgot what it was like playing a game where your opponent isn't constantly trying to screw you over. I actually had to remind myself not to flip into the endzone like a douche, lol. Too much ranked I guess.

Yeah, my NAT is goofy--not sure what's going on with it. Showing as strict even with the DMZ activated. Lag seemed a little noticeable early but settled right in later.

I had two awful picks early that killed me, otherwise was a pretty good game on both sides. I need to knock the rust out--I don't really play Madden much at all offline anymore, so the last time I played 'for real' was Madden 11's CAG league probably sometime in March-April of '11. I'm actually pretty happy about playing the preseason to be able to try things out and not worry that much about winning.

#1157 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

You're that opposed to playing Brandon? lol.

Yeah I was wondering about this as well. I really don't care for the preseason but if I have to I will play.

But yeah, you can go into My League -> User Teams, and then highlight yourself and press "A". You can then turn on auto-pilot mode which will allow your opponent to play the CPU.

#1158 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

But yeah, you can go into My League -> User Teams, and then highlight yourself and press "A". You can then turn on auto-pilot mode which will allow your opponent to play the CPU.

I'm sure you saw in the other thread, but switching the teams off of auto before advancing did manage to stop any free agents being signed. Now, I can't say for sure they would have if I hadn't, but it seems worth it to toggle them back and forth to be sure. :D

33126.png

#1159 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

st. louis rams- do u wanna play our preseason game or are u gonna go on autopilot?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1160 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

so if i dont hear back from the ravens owner tonight, im not to sure if hes going to be able to play tomorrow so is there any way i could play cpu or do i have to sim.

#1161 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

You're that opposed to playing Brandon? lol.

I'm that opposed to playing with David Carr lol. Just don't want to hold things up, I'm not off again until Friday night. Was going to message him last night when I realized that I played him, but then he got off, so I went and watched Fright Night instead.

#1162 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Posted Image

David Carr, why would you not want him running your offense??

#1163 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

I just finished a beautiful ranked game against a total douchebag (Jets vs Titans). I really thought about just backing out of the game when I saw his rep was only 3 stars and his gamerscore was only like 500 (gee...I wonder if he's had other GT's that have gotten banned). Right off the bat, it's immediate hurry up any time he has a play gain more than 5 yards. He gets down to my 25, and then I get him to rush a throw and intercept it. Two plays later, I score on a long TD throw of my own. On his next possession, he faces a 4th and 13 on his own 30...and of course he goes for it. Stuffed, and I score again.

In the 2nd quarter, I'm up 17-0, when he finally breaks through for a TD (flipping into the endzone of course). I kinda figured he'd be the type to try an onside kick, so I pick "onside recover". I'm right. He goes for it anyway. Easy recovery for me. My ball at his 40. I score again, lol.

In the 2nd half, he starts getting desperate and just airing the ball out. I was able to get a few user picks (which definitely are easier this year), and just kept piling on points (flipping into the endzone myself after every TD, haha). After a final pick 6, to take a 48-14 lead, he pauses the game offering to concede defeat.

Under normal circumstances, I always accept these (I actually think it's kinda dumb that you can decline them). But since he was such a douche, I declined and sent him a message saying "would have accepted if you hadn't played like an ass the entire game...for future reference". Play resumes, and he tries to bomb it down field again. Again I intercept it. He pauses and quits, lol. If only every ranked match against assholes would play out like that.

#1164 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

I'm sure you saw in the other thread, but switching the teams off of auto before advancing did manage to stop any free agents being signed. Now, I can't say for sure they would have if I hadn't, but it seems worth it to toggle them back and forth to be sure. :D

Yeah, I'll probably do that too just to be safe.

so if i dont hear back from the ravens owner tonight, im not to sure if hes going to be able to play tomorrow so is there any way i could play cpu or do i have to sim.

Yeah, I posted on the last page that you guys should just play the CPU so we can try to move on to week 2 as soon as possible.

#1165 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

so i played 2 ranked games and first one lost 20-17 and then the second one lost 22-20. not my nite tonite :(
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1166 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

It's just one of those days, I've literally been replacing a toilet since I got back from work. I guess go ahead and sim or whatever, ill at least try to join up by the end of he night before I go to sleep

#1167 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

yeah im not in a hurry if you think you can make time and want to play it then thats fine, if youre not worried about it ill go ahead. its your call man. i know other things pop up.

#1168 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

It's just one of those days, I've literally been replacing a toilet since I got back from work. I guess go ahead and sim or whatever, ill at least try to join up by the end of he night before I go to sleep

We all have those days. It's understandable. Just didn't want to be making such a huge deal out of preseason week 1. Obviously, it's not your fault, but we've been waiting on everybody to join since Friday. 4 days to accept an invite...a blistering pace I tell ya...

#1169 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

I'm curious to see whom everybody puts on the trade block for week 2 lol.

#1170 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

well michael turner is still on the block, looking for a one cut back / linebacker