Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1411 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

I agree that rejected trades should be posted.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1412 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

Trent Richardson is available. As is Mohamed Massaquoi, and my picks in the upcoming draft(except my first rounder). Not looking for any picks in return so don't offer them. To make it easier, if you don't have an offer for one of my players you can just PM me your team and I'll tell you who I'm interested in. Thanks.

Also Jabal Sheard is available. He's a young defensive end who's generated some interest so I thought I'd throw him out there.

Frostee Rucker is another DE who is available. Pretty much my whole team is available besides Brady and Cribbs so let me know if you're interested in anyone and we'll work something out.

#1413 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Otherwise, teams that start off terrible(such as my team the Browns), are never going to get better if we're not allowed to win a few trades here and there. If every trade is 100% fair and picked and prodded by a committee then the Browns will always remain as a cellar dweller team and teams like the Pats and Packers will always be on top of the league.

This. I thought the idea was for the league to be realistic? Realistic isn't 100% equal trades all the time. Would the committee let me trade Kevin Kolb to someone for a corner that was 10 OVR better and younger AND a second-round draft pick? Because that happened in real life. If both sides feel like they're benefiting, I feel like the trade should go through. The review should be to be to block blatant stupidity or cheating.
DIBS

#1414 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

REJECTED - The Committee felt that Whitworth was just too good even with the cap space it frees up to only get a mid-tier WR for. A suggestion was made to include a 3rd round pick from Arizona to even it up.

Apparently I missed a page, just saw this. A trade for the 13th overall pick WR (skill position) who, as a rookie, is in the 70s in exchange for an aging LT with a larger contract seems much more balanced than you make it out to be.

EDIT: And now Whitworth is injured.
DIBS

#1415 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Who do we PM exactly with our trade requests? Just CAGLeauge or all of the people in the trade committee?

Also, Revis is on the block. Looking for draft picks

#1416 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

u PM N8 and he lets the committee know

#1417 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm curious about this. I haven't really been following the discussion about the committee in here. Are you guys going to be having people not even submit trades in the thread at all (instead going directly to the committee) and then just have the deals posted once they're approved? If I'm understanding that right, going forward rejected trades would never even see the light of day?

That is what was being discussed. I'm not sure if there is actual harm in posting rejected trades though. I guess either way, you should know who is on the trading block. But at the same time...if trades are rejected on the premise that they need to be reworked, I don't think it's fair for another team to be able to slide in and make a better offer either. That would be my concern for posting rejected trades.

N8 been thinking my idea has a flaw thats not good people not in the committee get screwes becuz they dont get to see rejectes trades where people that are in it do and can make moves that unfair so i think rejects should be posted now

See above.

Replace the 2nd rd pick with a 3rd rd pick than?

I think the thinking was more along the lines of a 2nd and a 3rd.

Sooooo my opponent just quit aftershock

The explanation I received is that you were up by 20 points with 3:00 in the game and were continuing to throw the ball on almost every play. Do you have a response for that?

If the guy on the waiting list cant i may have a guy that can take his spot

I PM'd DarkRider. Just waiting to hear back.

Apparently I missed a page, just saw this. A trade for the 13th overall pick WR (skill position) who, as a rookie, is in the 70s in exchange for an aging LT with a larger contract seems much more balanced than you make it out to be.

EDIT: And now Whitworth is injured.

Calling a 30 year old offensive lineman "aging" is a gross exaggeration. I promise you his skills will not decline for the entire length of this franchise. Getting Floyd up anywhere close to that level is going to take some time.

But yeah, if we're just going to make things up, a trade could be skewed any way you want it. 5 people voted on it and it was almost unanimous that this wasn't a fair trade. You can either respect the opinion of the majority, or continue causing problems and see where that gets you.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1418 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

All right...we now have a major problem. Hemingway's behavior as of late has already left people questioning his integrity. Fortunately, I got to play him the first game of the season, and I've already seen enough. He's got the Patriots, so of course, I expected a high level of play. My oline just got absolutely dominated from the start of the game...and in the rain, I had to start throwing the ball. This led to some easy INT's, which put me in an early hole. I'm fine with all of that. He's obviously good at the game. That's what should happen when you're facing a good opponent.

What SHOULD NOT happen, however, is having a 24-0 lead, and getting the ball back with 0:40 left to play in the 1st half...and coming out in 2 RB/3 TE set (which I presumed was going to be a QB Kneel...since he was due to get the ball back at the start of the 2nd half anyway), and then audibling to 5 wide...then audibling again. That is straight up horseshit, garbage, online ranked douchebag play, and it has NO PLACE in this league.

If you're that type of player, just drop from the league now. I already have my own personal feelings for people who are really good at Madden who still feel like they need to pick the best teams when they play...but then to do something that disrespectful in a game you're dominating, I'm not going to sit through. Feel free to go ahead and explain that one.

#1419 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

All right...we now have a major problem. Hemingway's behavior as of late has already left people questioning his integrity. Fortunately, I got to play him the first game of the season, and I've already seen enough. He's got the Patriots, so of course, I expected a high level of play. My oline just got absolutely dominated from the start of the game...and in the rain, I had to start throwing the ball. This led to some easy INT's, which put me in an early hole. I'm fine with all of that. He's obviously good at the game. That's what should happen when you're facing a good opponent.

What SHOULD NOT happen, however, is having a 24-0 lead, and getting the ball back with 0:40 left to play in the 1st half...and coming out in 2 RB/3 TE set (which I presumed was going to be a QB Kneel...since he was due to get the ball back at the start of the 2nd half anyway), and then audibling to 5 wide...then audibling again. That is straight up horseshit, garbage, online ranked douchebag play, and it has NO PLACE in this league.

If you're that type of player, just drop from the league now. I already have my own personal feelings for people who are really good at Madden who still feel like they need to pick the best teams when they play...but then to do something that disrespectful in a game you're dominating, I'm not going to sit through. Feel free to go ahead and explain that one.

i clicked that by mistake on ask madden so i changed to a run and i ran right in to your line so i had every intenson on running out the clock and the clock ran out i dont get how thats disrespectful. That one play that had no affect on the half is seriously why you had me quit out of the game?

#1420 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

so we going to play the game or do you want to sim it now or what?

#1421 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

i clicked that by mistake on ask madden so i changed to a run and i ran right in to your line so i had every intenson on running out the clock and the clock ran out i dont get how thats disrespectful. That one play that had no affect on the half is seriously why you had me quit out of the game?

That's bullshit. There is no way in hell you use "Ask Madden" considering the type of plays you run. Even so, why would you audible from a 2 RB/3 TE set to 5 wide? What message do you think that sends? If you picked the wrong play, call a timeout, and pick a better play. The way you handled it is an EXACT behavior that people do in online ranked to try to con the defense.

I paused the game to message you before you did anything else, so I didn't even see what play you ended up running. But when you have TE's like Gronk and Hernandez, audibling to 5 wide is pretty dubious. Considering you were throwing out of 1 RB/2 WR/2 TE set for much of the game...the Patriots don't exactly have "obvious" running formations.

#1422 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

I had a balance offense 10-15 10-12 rushing attempts with Charles 5 with hillis my only passing td was the one he quit to so I'm confused..If that was the case why didn't I get a response to my message I sent him??

#1423 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

I had switched to ask madden to try new plays and to use plays i usually don't because the game had gotten out of hand. I had every intention of running out the clock, but i wasn't going to just kneel it to run out the clock. I'd kneel it in the fourth quarter but why not try a running play. When i audible'd i picked a draw which caused the receivers to go out into the wide formation, this must have been when you paused the game to send me the message and leave the game. honestly i was just trying to run another running play.

#1424 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Crazy thing is he couldn't stop my run game had I kept scoring running the ball what would be the issue then?? I ran on every play get outta here with that.. he was clearly frustrated because he couldn't get nothing going..I'm no newbie to cag lgs I kno the rules on what's wrong and what's not allowed

#1425 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

I had switched to ask madden to try new plays and to use plays i usually don't because the game had gotten out of hand. I had every intention of running out the clock, but i wasn't going to just kneel it to run out the clock. I'd kneel it in the fourth quarter but why not try a running play. When i audible'd i picked a draw which caused the receivers to go out into the wide formation, this must have been when you paused the game to send me the message and leave the game. honestly i was just trying to run another running play.

I've kneeled it plenty of times in my own territory if I had a lead in the 2nd quarter and was getting the ball back after the half anyway. Why risk a turnover and giving up points when you can get a fresh drive that isn't limited by time? If this is true, whatever. But you have to understand how that looks. You had all 3 timeouts. You should have used one, and then picked a real running play.

I'm just saying...going from a pack it in, practically goalline formation to a shotgun spread out all across the field just LOOKS like a dick move. Yeah, I could have waited to see what actually happened, but once I felt I was being "clowned", it just soured the entire game for me. As for playing again, I've gotta get something to eat right now. How about at 8 PM EST?

#1426 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

I've kneeled it plenty of times in my own territory if I had a lead in the 2nd quarter and was getting the ball back after the half anyway. Why risk a turnover and giving up points when you can get a fresh drive that isn't limited by time? If this is true, whatever. But you have to understand how that looks. You had all 3 timeouts. You should have used one, and then picked a real running play.

I'm just saying...going from a pack it in, practically goalline formation to a shotgun spread out all across the field just LOOKS like a dick move. Yeah, I could have waited to see what actually happened, but once I felt I was being "clowned", it just soured the entire game for me. As for playing again, I've gotta get something to eat right now. How about at 8 PM EST?

8's fine. Sorry if it came off that way, it was by accident. I understand your frustration which is why i don't mind quiting and replaying the game.

#1427 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

I had a balance offense 10-15 10-12 rushing attempts with Charles 5 with hillis my only passing td was the one he quit to so I'm confused..If that was the case why didn't I get a response to my message I sent him??

Crazy thing is he couldn't stop my run game had I kept scoring running the ball what would be the issue then?? I ran on every play get outta here with that.. he was clearly frustrated because he couldn't get nothing going..I'm no newbie to cag lgs I kno the rules on what's wrong and what's not allowed

It seems like you're not understanding the issue. It's not about your balance. If you were up by 20 with 3:00 left in the game, you should be killing the clock (ie. running the ball and using up the entire play clock). He is alleging that that did not happen.

Belittling him and saying that he couldn't stop your running game isn't going to help your argument. Obviously, if you're running the ball and he can't stop you, that's just the way it is...but he claims you were passing the ball the entire final drive...that late in the game...with that big of a lead. That's the issue at hand. Lets not stray from that.

#1428 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

That is what was being discussed. I'm not sure if there is actual harm in posting rejected trades though. I guess either way, you should know who is on the trading block. But at the same time...if trades are rejected on the premise that they need to be reworked, I don't think it's fair for another team to be able to slide in and make a better offer either. That would be my concern for posting rejected trades.

We've kind of always discouraged people from doing that, at least while the trade is still on the table. That doesn't always work though, and what you're suggesting has happened from time to time. It's an interesting workaround, but I doubt people in the other league would accept that change. :D

i clicked that by mistake on ask madden

Not my place to offer an opinion, but I did chuckle to see this is still alive and well. "Ask Madden made me do it" is the "dog ate my homework" of Madden excuses. :lol:

33126.png

#1429 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

It seems like you're not understanding the issue. It's not about your balance. If you were up by 20 with 3:00 left in the game, you should be killing the clock (ie. running the ball and using up the entire play clock). He is alleging that that did not happen.

Belittling him and saying that he couldn't stop your running game isn't going to help your argument. Obviously, if you're running the ball and he can't stop you, that's just the way it is...but he claims you were passing the ball the entire final drive...that late in the game...with that big of a lead. That's the issue at hand. Lets not stray from that.

I'm not straying away from the issue.It was 27 7 just kicked a field goal start of the fourth kicked it off I caught a pick. ran the ball chewed the clock down to the 3 mins it was a third and short I aubiled my run play to a play action because he was bringing the blitz and scored..is that unfair??

#1430 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm not straying away from the issue.It was 27 7 just kicked a field goal start of the fourth kicked it off I caught a pick. ran the ball chewed the clock down to the 3 mins it was a third and short I aubiled my run play to a play action because he was bringing the blitz and scored..is that unfair??

No, I don't think that specific example would be unreasonable. But that's not what he's saying happened. He claims you were passing that entire drive. So, someone's not telling the truth. With no way of actually knowing, this basically becomes a "make sure other people don't have the same complaint about you...or it starts to gain traction" situations.

As it is, I'm assuming you just pressed A to accept the win for the game? Given the score, I think that's fine. But yeah...as I've always said, the more gracious the winning team acts in these situations, the easier they will be on everybody. There's no need to talk trash or tell people "you can't stop me!" in here. It doesn't matter how good you are if everybody drops from the league and you have nobody to play. That last part isn't aimed directly at you. Just food for thought for everyone.

#1431 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Being up 20 is hardly having the game @ hand..it isn't enough to say I'm running up the score especially after he had two back to back turnovers

#1432 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Being up 20 is hardly having the game @ hand..it isn't enough to say I'm running up the score especially after he had two back to back turnovers

I don't know how people can use this argument, and then others argue that if you chew the clock, you can kill an entire quarter. Which is it? With 3 minutes left and a 20 point lead, if you play smart, there's no way you lose. But that is not what we were debating.

If you're admitting to not running the clock down as you claimed (not talking about a 3rd and 1 PA...talking about his claim of throwing the entire drive), then you need to reassess your end of game strategies. I was ready to let this one go though as long as there was an understanding of how to run out a game in the future. Do we need to go over it again?

#1433 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

It is directed at me I said it in my post but I wasn't saying it to be cocky or belittle him or his skills..I just didn't like the fact I'm being labeled as a guy who runs the score up..if I run the ball get a holding penalty that takes me back 10 yards run a draw get stopped then throw for a 1st down what am I suppose to do??

#1434 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

Cooliam i just want to apologize to you and the league, I shouldnt have quit, i did have a cub scout meeting i had to take my nephew to, and i was pissed because it was late in the 4th quarter and you got the ball on the turnover and then i figured you were just going to run the clock out which i was expecting, and you start passing it, you and i both knew there was no way i was coming back not how the game played out before that, but i acted childish and between my nephew and being pissed that it went down like that i turned my xbox off.

The way you were playing was border line and it did add insult to injury, but i was definitely in the wrong and im sorry. Didnt mean to make you come off like a dick. my bad man.

#1435 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

It is directed at me I said it in my post but I wasn't saying it to be cocky or belittle him or his skills..I just didn't like the fact I'm being labeled as a guy who runs the score up..if I run the ball get a holding penalty that takes me back 10 yards run a draw get stopped then throw for a 1st down what am I suppose to do??

Run the ball on third and punt? Less than three minutes in the game and you're up three scores, it's pretty basic.

#1436 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

i just played the jets and had 9....9 total yard on offense...anyways, anybody got a QB or WR on the block?

And you still scored 10 points on me lol.

#1437 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

Run the ball on third and punt? Less than three minutes in the game and you're up three scores, it's pretty basic.

agreed. once the fourth quarter hits and u have a 3+ touchdown lead it times to run run run. i usually try and cut back on throwing the ball in the 3rd if i have a big lead becuz of picks and stuff like that but sometimes u have to throw a pass if ur in the 3rd just to mix things up a little but once 4th hits all run pretty much.

theres no fighting it cool i am easiest thing is to do the live and learn thing and not let it happen again to easy

#1438 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Had a good game with the Texans. Jumped out to a 28-0 lead through big plays in all three phases(2 long td passes, 1 kr td, and a fumble recovery td) but Andre Johnson wouldn't go quietly. 35-21 final.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1439 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Dolphins - 35
Texans - 21

Overall fairly good game from chetty. I was confused a few times as the first time you punted on 3rd and 3. Didn't know if you we're saying "here I want you to try and come back?" Or what but it caught me off guard. Also I didn't appreciate the fact that you switched off your kick returner on returns to a blocker and let the comp run it back. First play of the game you did this and he scored a td. Just cheapens it for me as I want to play you not the computer dude. That was my only complaint on ya though man. You are a solid runner and a hell of a defensive play caller and respectful. Want to point out that I don't think you we're letting the comp run it back to cheat as that may just be the way you have always played but still...

I appreciate you running the clock out towards the end and my 28 interceptions thrown didn't help me either. Good game overall look forward to meeting you at your casa in Miami next time! :)

#1440 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

And you still scored 10 points on me lol.

I can throw down Yates? He's not a good one but his potential isn't bad either. Let me research it for ya if your interested.