Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1441 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

I wasn't letting the comp return it? I was moving my lead blocker wider on the returns if that's what your referring to. If you don't do that he runs straight into the back of the other blockers. I move him wide and then switch back to my returned. Apalogies if that caused confusion but I can assure you it was me controlling the returner. Once the returner catches the ball you have to take control of him anyway.

#1442 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

And the third and 3 punt I must have really not been paying attention. I guess that explains why you came out in a regular formation.

#1443 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

I wasn't letting the comp return it? I was moving my lead blocker wider on the returns if that's what your referring to. If you don't do that he runs straight into the back of the other blockers. I move him wide and then switch back to my returned. Apalogies if that caused confusion but I can assure you it was me controlling the returner. Once the returnees catches the ball you have to take control of him anyway.

Oh ok no worries then dude! All I saw was the red circle leave the returner and you control the blocker and it never went back to red. I apologize for the slander. VERY WELL PLAYED GAME.

Again appreciate the sportsmanship. Well done on the win. Haha I have to work on my throws! Believe it or not I was the pass yards leader from the league last year with Schaub. Gotta knock the nasty ass rust off I guess.

#1444 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

And the third and 3 punt I must have really not been paying attention. I guess that explains why you came out in a regular formation.

Haha that wAs the only thing I could think of!

I'd bet we were both thinking At the same time when we saw our formations...."what the hell is he doing"

#1445 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Yeah. It helped I got lucky and hit a couple quick passes against the blitz for long tds.

#1446 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

Yeah. It helped I got lucky and hit a couple quick passes against the blitz for long tds.

I've always been a horrible d play caller!

#1447 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Haha that wAs the only thing I could think of!

I'd bet we were both thinking At the same time when we saw our formations...."what the hell is he doing"

I seriously thought to myself " does he really think I'm going to go for it with a lead" and then quick punted it before I even looked at the yardage or down. Oh well. I was pretty mad Lamar Miller fumbled twice just because I raised his Carry to a 88 right before the game.

#1448 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

I've always been a horrible d play caller!

It felt more like right play at the right time. Just one of those halves where everything seemed to go my way.

#1449 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

You can either respect the opinion of the majority, or continue causing problems and see where that gets you.

I didn't know backing up our trades with reasons, which we're supposed to do, was being disrespectful and causing problems. Apologies.

We're attempting to rework the trade. In an absolutely non-offensive, 100% respectful way, I have to say I think you're undervaluing youth.
DIBS

#1450 L4WII

L4WII

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

agreed. once the fourth quarter hits and u have a 3+ touchdown lead it times to run run run. i usually try and cut back on throwing the ball in the 3rd if i have a big lead becuz of picks and stuff like that but sometimes u have to throw a pass if ur in the 3rd just to mix things up a little but once 4th hits all run pretty much.

theres no fighting it cool i am easiest thing is to do the live and learn thing and not let it happen again to easy

it was 3mins left after i scored

#1451 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Good game N8. sorry about before but good game tight game all the way!!

#1452 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Sent my opponent a PM earlier...hopefully he's still in the league. I just noticed he hasn't logged on here in almost a month. Sent him a message on the Xbox.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1453 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Well, I'm glad that's over with. I seriously fucking hate the Patriots. I wish their entire team would die in a plane crash. People who play as the Pats really just don't realize the plays their guys make that other players don't. When you're able to run a nickel or dime package most of the game, and still shut down the run, it's just retarded. And I've got 3 guys 90 or above on my oline.

Hemingway played this one fine...but I have to say, he's well versed in the "ways of Madden". Using Jeff Demps cause he's fast as shit, then taking Demps and just running "around the defense". I had to switch to the outside defender on every play because they were taking the worst angle possible. Then, when I shut down the run, he had pinpoint accuracy with Ryan freaking Mallett. It's just impossible to defend a team like that.

I don't know how you could possibly regulate this stuff because it's just bad EA programming...but to me it's not skill. You're just "playing Madden". And like I said, when you're that good at the game and you still pick one of the best teams, you're going to catch hell from people. I'm not trying to be down on the guy, but I'm sure he's going to see a lot of posts like this this year.

#1454 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

Good game N8. sorry about before but good game tight game all the way!!

My rant against the Pats aside, seriously, it was a good game. It just was one of those games where I felt like I couldn't do anything any differently. You were playing the pass the entire game, but I still felt like it was a struggle to gain yards on the ground. I had a couple runs I thought I would break...but my guys just never held their blocks long enough. You definitely played respectful, and I appreciate it...but it just gave me the feeling that you've been playing Madden for many years, and you've gotten used to "what works". The fact that your offensive game revolved around 2 players in the mid 70's says a lot for the kind of game this is.

#1455 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

It felt more like right play at the right time. Just one of those halves where everything seemed to go my way.

I haven't even updated any of my players like I should have. So all in all this loss was all on me.!

#1456 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

I can throw down Yates? He's not a good one but his potential isn't bad either. Let me research it for ya if your interested.

You talking to me (jets owner) or the Bills owner? I live in Houston so I know all about TJ Yates...lol no thank you.

#1457 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

More playoff wins: Schaub or Yates?

#1458 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

Using Jeff Demps cause he's fast as shit, then taking Demps and just running "around the defense"

I traded for Jeff Demps in my offline franchise. He's basically Chris Johnson, except a faceless rookie with a 63 OVR on the roster screen.

Anyone who's ever used him or played against him knows he's living proof that speed and acceleration is the only thing that matters in Madden. And I agree he's kinda cheap, especially so on a team as passing stacked as New England.
DIBS

#1459 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

I didn't know backing up our trades with reasons, which we're supposed to do, was being disrespectful and causing problems. Apologies.

We're attempting to rework the trade. In an absolutely non-offensive, 100% respectful way, I have to say I think you're undervaluing youth.

Backing up your trades with reasons is absolutely welcomed (and encouraged). It just makes a bit more sense to do it when you propose the trade, rather than after it is rejected.

I don't think we're undervaluing youth at all. I just don't think any of us consider a 30 year old lineman to be "aging". He's really in his prime, and will play at that level for at least another 3-4 years.

it was 3mins left after i scored

Are you saying it was 20-7 when you did the playaction on 3rd and 1? If that's the case, I think it's fine. It seems that Aft3rSh0ck is letting up a bit on his complaint...which is something we need to be careful of.

If people are crying "wolf!" and then it turns out to not be true, I'm going to be less inclined to believe you next time. There's a big difference between converting a 3rd down in a 13 point game vs. passing on every down with a 20 point lead. Lets try to remember that moving forward.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1460 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Backing up your trades with reasons is absolutely welcomed (and encouraged). It just makes a bit more sense to do it when you propose the trade, rather than after it is rejected.

I don't think we're undervaluing youth at all. I just don't think any of us consider a 30 year old lineman to be "aging". He's really in his prime, and will play at that level for at least another 3-4 years.

Yeah, the trade went into the committee before I got a chance to update the post with OVRs and contracts and thoughts and whatnot. It's all good, just wanted to get my say in.
DIBS

#1461 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Revised

Trade between Green Bay and Miami. This will have to be done in two separate trades because it involves four players/draft picks from each side.

Green Bay(Steggy) receives-

Mike Pouncey- 23 years old- C- 79 ovr- 2012- 2.17, Total remaining- 9.40 over 4 years
Reggie Bush- 27 years old- Rb- 87 ovr- 2012- 5.52, total remaing- 5.52 over 1 year
2nd and 3rd round pick

Miami(chetty12) receives-

Greg Jennings- 29 years old- Wr- 92 ovr- 2012-8.26, total remaining- 8.26 over 1 year
Davon House- 23 years old- Cb- 73 ovr- 2012- 480k, total remaining- 2.2 over 3 years
Jeff Saturday- 37 years old- C- 86 ovr- 2012- 3.9, total remaining 7.8 over 2 years
James Starks- 26 years old- Rb- 74 ovr- 2012- 520k, total remaining 2.00 over 2 years.

All ovr are from my scheme. I get a number one receiver, an experienced C, a decent Man to Man nickel corner, and a replacement Rb. I get the higher overall players, which is why the draft picks are involved. I believe Steggy also did this trade to free up a little cap room, i believe he gains around 5 million.

APPROVED

I hope this gives the committee a little credibility and gives everyone some reassurance. I feel good about the work we did today.

#1462 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

no it was 27-7 when he was passing late in the fourth quarter. If it was third down and long that late in the game, maybe i understand, but i wasnt crying wolf.

Another thing about the game not complaining but about him just EA in general, but he passed the ball, and switched to the WR and i think he was still pushing the joystick cause his WR shot away from the ball ran into my defender, and another one of my defenders caught the interception and it got taken away for pass interference. i thought for a second they put the replacement refs in. haha but it was just one of those days for me.

again sorry for quitting instead of playing it out.

#1463 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

no it was 27-7 when he was passing late in the fourth quarter. If it was third down and long that late in the game, maybe i understand, but i wasnt crying wolf.

Another thing about the game not complaining but about him just EA in general, but he passed the ball, and switched to the WR and i think he was still pushing the joystick cause his WR shot away from the ball ran into my defender, and another one of my defenders caught the interception and it got taken away for pass interference. i thought for a second they put the replacement refs in. haha but it was just one of those days for me.

again sorry for quitting instead of playing it out.

Yeah...I don't expect EA to ever get pass interference right in either of their football games. That level of understanding is just way, way above their pay grade.

As a final note on the Chiefs - Falcons game...I think at this point, we just let it go. If it is part of his regular playstyle, and it was questionable, it will probably come up again. if it doesn't, then mission accomplished anyway. But there's really nothing more to say about it.

#1464 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Sounds good to me. Sorry for the headache.

#1465 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Oh, also, I wanted to say, DarkRider got back to me and he will be taking over the Broncos. So, we are full again!

#1466 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

First i don't understand how the trade came down to Pouncey-Saturday, Jennings-Bush, Starks, House- 1st, 2nd. Jennings and Bush don't even play the same position. So the fair comparison would be to look at it like Pouncey-Saturday, Bush-Starks, Jennings, House-1st, 2nd.

First, Jennings is worth a 1st round pick. I don't understand the argument against that. He's a 90 plus receiver with 94 speed, 93 agil, 94 accel, there is no first rounder that is drafted that will be that good at receiver for maybe another 3 years and that's being generous.

Secondly, House to me is worth a 2nd round pick. I play a man coverage, press type D. House has 83 man and 86 press. How many 2nd round rookies are going to be mid 70's with that type of skill set right out of the draft? Not to mention, his age makes him the age of a rookie.

Lastly, I'm willing to swap Saturday for Pouncey because there simply is no potential rating in this game. I'm not guaranteed that Pouncey is a up and comer. He may be that in real life but i'll take the ratings boost i get with Saturday right now over pretend potential any day. I'm also willing to swap Bush for Starks because i believe i can replace Bush with a combo of Starks and Lamar Miller rather easily.

LOL at Jennings being worth a 1st rd pick. If you honestly believe an NFL team would make that trade for a 30 year old WR, then so be it. We obviously have a huge difference in opinion on that. Just seems like a trade that would be made for someone looking to play 1 or 2 seasons, without a long-term outlook.

I just looked up this year's draft and there were 2 CB's taken in the 2nd round:
Rams' Janoris Jenkins: OVR 78
Green Bay's Casey Hayward (2nd to last in the round): OVR 70
So to answer your question of "How many 2nd round rookies are going to be mid 70's with that type of skill set right out of the draft?"... 100% of them. Hayward doesn't have the man coverage skill set (72), but his zone coverage is rated at an 89. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get him to OVR 73, like House is now, by his 2nd year.

I'm glad we have a trade committee, and applaud them for their work. I think the 2nd and 3rd rd draft picks is a much fairer compensation. Also, I'm happy for you that you got your deal done. I honestly was just trying to help you out, I thought you were giving up way too much for what you were getting in return.

#1467 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

More playoff wins: Schaub or Yates?

lol..
More super bowl wins: Dilfer or Marino?
More NBA titles: Charles Barkley or Antoine Walker?
This could go on forever

#1468 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Cowboys 14, Giants 6

Cowboys take advantage of two Eli interceptions and the Giants inability to get into the end zone despite three trips to the red zone. The killer was a pick in the end zone with the Giants driving in the fourth.

#1469 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

I'm pretty sure GibsonGamer(gamertag: Drakenstar) is not going to play. I sent him a message here...then like I said earlier, he hasen't posted here in a month and I think his only post ever was signing up for the league. So I sent him a message over Xbox Live and a friend request. I saw him on and asked him if he was still in the league...he didn't respond then rejected my friend request. Maybe i'm jumping the gun a bit as I like to schedule my games as soon as possible, otherwise it bugs me. It could have been someone else on his 360 but to not have posted here in over a month is not a good sign.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1470 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

I'm pretty sure GibsonGamer(gamertag: Drakenstar) is not going to play. I sent him a message here...then like I said earlier, he hasen't posted here in a month and I think his only post ever was signing up for the league. So I sent him a message over Xbox Live and a friend request. I saw him on and asked him if he was still in the league...he didn't respond then rejected my friend request. Maybe i'm jumping the gun a bit as I like to schedule my games as soon as possible, otherwise it bugs me. It could have been someone else on his 360 but to not have posted here in over a month is not a good sign.

Yeah, honestly, I half expected him to never accept his invite. I had noticed the same thing about him not being on CAG for quite some time. And I got no response to the PM's I sent either. Then, all of a sudden, one day, he was joined as the Raiders.

Here's how these situations are going to work. At this point, we have nobody left on the waiting list. So, I hate to say it, but even an absentee owner is better than a straight up CPU team that is free to do as they please with free agency and whatnot. So, let me know the absolute latest time you would like to play this game...and if you haven't scheduled the game with him by then, I'll switch him to auto pilot and you can just play the CPU. Does that sound reasonable?