Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1471 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

Sounds good to me. Time wise I can do today(9/26) at 8pm CST.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1472 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Sounds good to me. Time wise I can do today(9/26) at 8pm CST.

The deadline isn't until 11:59 PM EST on the 28th. Can you not play the 27th or 28th? Maybe my wording was confusing. What I meant was when is the last time before the deadline that you can play? Obviously, I don't want to screw you out of playing the game...but if there's still time, there's probably no harm in giving him a chance to respond either.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1473 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

i'll be able to play my game tomorrow night
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1474 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

i'll be able to play my game tomorrow night

You could answer my PM about your availability rather than just announcing in the thread to everyone that you'll be able to play generally tomorrow night. But do whatever works for you. I just want to get this season started.

#1475 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

The deadline isn't until 11:59 PM EST on the 28th. Can you not play the 27th or 28th? Maybe my wording was confusing. What I meant was when is the last time before the deadline that you can play? Obviously, I don't want to screw you out of playing the game...but if there's still time, there's probably no harm in giving him a chance to respond either.

I can do the same time...just move it back to the 28th.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1476 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Oh, also, I wanted to say, DarkRider got back to me and he will be taking over the Broncos. So, we are full again!

Indeed. I look forward to playing my first game. I am going to get a PM to my opponent in a minute.

I just thought I would check-in in the thread. (I will be accepting the invite next time I am on this evening.)

#1477 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

LOL at Jennings being worth a 1st rd pick. If you honestly believe an NFL team would make that trade for a 30 year old WR, then so be it. We obviously have a huge difference in opinion on that. Just seems like a trade that would be made for someone looking to play 1 or 2 seasons, without a long-term outlook.

I just looked up this year's draft and there were 2 CB's taken in the 2nd round:
Rams' Janoris Jenkins: OVR 78
Green Bay's Casey Hayward (2nd to last in the round): OVR 70
So to answer your question of "How many 2nd round rookies are going to be mid 70's with that type of skill set right out of the draft?"... 100% of them. Hayward doesn't have the man coverage skill set (72), but his zone coverage is rated at an 89. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get him to OVR 73, like House is now, by his 2nd year.

I'm glad we have a trade committee, and applaud them for their work. I think the 2nd and 3rd rd draft picks is a much fairer compensation. Also, I'm happy for you that you got your deal done. I honestly was just trying to help you out, I thought you were giving up way too much for what you were getting in return.

First, your having a difficult time seperating real life and Madden. In real life is Jennings worth a first? Easily no. In Madden is a 90 plus ovr receiver with 94 speed and acceleration with a high catch worth a first. Easily yes.

Secondly, janoris is a special case of a first round talent dropping because of off field problems. Casey heyward is a 70 but does not have close to the man or press coverage of house, hence why I said they don't have the measurables I look for. His zone coverage could be a 99 but that doesn't help me at all. This is another situation where you are having a hard time seperating real life and Madden. We don't know what kind of players are actually going to be going in the second round of the Madden draft.

Lastly, people are putting to much stock into draft picks IMO. Yeah there nice but at some point you need the pieces to win now especially in a league that would only go 3-5 years.

#1478 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

I can take over for that Gibson guy if you all want, or be added to the waiting list as I just purchased Madden. Good to see a bunch of NHL/NCAA league names in here as well.

#1479 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'd like to play my wk. 1 game, but my opposing coach had to drop out of the league. Should I go ahead and play the CPU or wait for a human controlled coach to take up the Broncos?

#1480 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

just a curious question but when will the leagues first FA period be done i know tis early just curious is all

#1481 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'd like to play my wk. 1 game, but my opposing coach had to drop out of the league. Should I go ahead and play the CPU or wait for a human controlled coach to take up the Broncos?

I pmed you a few hours ago about setting up our game. It would be preferred if you would respond to that before asking to play the CPU.

#1482 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Just wait for the human, don't try playing the CPU and getting an easy win when you know the replacement is just waiting to accept the invite. That's just shady.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1483 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Wow. For being Gentlemen, you guys sure are a hostile bunch. I wasn't asking to play the computer, I was simply asking what I should do... And I accessed the forum from my phone, which does not alert me if I've received a PM, so how was I supposed to know you sent me a message, Dark Rider?

And I'm pretty sure that I wasn't trying to get an easy win off the CPU as it routinely kicks my ass on All Pro...

#1484 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Wow. For being Gentlemen, you guys sure are a hostile bunch. I wasn't asking to play the computer, I was simply asking what I should do... And I accessed the forum from my phone, which does not alert me if I've received a PM, so how was I supposed to know you sent me a message, Dark Rider?

And I'm pretty sure that I wasn't trying to get an easy win off the CPU as it routinely kicks my ass on All Pro...

Set it so you get an email when you get a pm, problem solved.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1485 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

me and fsecrest won't be able to play our week 1 game until saturday night at the earliest, because of our conflicting schedules this week as he is on the west coast.

is that alright with everyone?

#1486 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

i would say its fine with me but try not to make it a habit but in the long run this call is up to N8

#1487 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think his point was just to try to keep up with the thread. By the time you posted this, the previous owner of the Broncos had already dropped and been replaced (which is reflected in the OP). And the new owner posted in here saying he would join this evening...and it sounds like he PM'd you too.

Obviously, having a team drop is not an ideal situation, but it's being handled as smoothly and as quickly as it could be. I think the only reason you got responses like that is because your post made it sound like you were unaware that a new owner had already been lined up. Most likely just miscommunication. You guys still have 3 evenings to get the game played. No need for anyone to make a big deal out of it.

just a curious question but when will the leagues first FA period be done i know tis early just curious is all

Read the OP, noob.

me and fsecrest won't be able to play our week 1 game until saturday night at the earliest, because of our conflicting schedules this week as he is on the west coast.

is that alright with everyone?

Unfortunately, this is the worst weekend that could happen. I'm moving this weekend, and won't have internet access from Saturday until Monday/Tuesday. So, I need this week advanced on time. Besides, somebody could have something like this happen every week. If we don't keep the schedule moving, we're not going to get through many seasons.

#1488 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I can take over for that Gibson guy if you all want, or be added to the waiting list as I just purchased Madden. Good to see a bunch of NHL/NCAA league names in here as well.

I'll definitely add you to the waiting list, man. I'm sure it won't be long before another spot opens up.

What this means for everyone else...what I said before, about not minding if we have absentee owners is still true. HOWEVER, if there's somebody ready and willing to take your spot, it would be in your best interest to make sure you're active and playing your games. If someone isn't playing their games and doesn't seem to care about their spot here, don't be surprised if it gets given to someone who actually wants it.

#1489 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

So if Gibson doesn't message me about our game, will I play Flyersfan or the AI?

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1490 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

So if Gibson doesn't message me about our game, will I play Flyersfan or the AI?

Well, try messaging GibsonGamer on XBL today and see if you get any kind of response. If you don't hear back from him by tomorrow, then yeah...we'll try to get something worked out with Flyersfan.

Trying to be as fair as I can about this. I don't want to just throw the guy out of the league, but at the same time...I don't know how people sign up for these things without the understanding that at least checking in every couple days might be a good idea.

#1491 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

N8, think about banning the squib kick if you haven't already.

If done correctly, it can be recovered every time. Just happened in my last two ranked matches.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#1492 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

If done correctly, it can be recovered every time. Just happened in my last two ranked matches.

I've heard people complain about this but i have yet to see anyone actually pull it off.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1493 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

I recovered one when I was playing one of the Madden Moments.

#1494 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Well, doing it on every kick off is pretty standard "douchebag procedure" anyway. You think it's bad enough to even ban it situationally though? I was wondering if there was something similar on punts.

Hemingway seemed to be intentionally shanking punts in our game yesterday, which was making them skip along the field, and my players had a way harder time than they should have recovering them. I was just coming in here to ask him what that was.

I don't mind people kicking for the sideline, but this just seemed "Maddeny" Special teams in this game really is terrible with how easily it is to return punts/kicks...and then how horrible the return team is if you kick it any other way.

#1495 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

If it is goign to go up for a vote I'd say to ban the squib kick every time, I've had 3-4 games where the other guy has recovered it 2-3 times in each game.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1496 cbrigante2

cbrigante2

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Cowboys 14, Giants 6

Cowboys take advantage of two Eli interceptions and the Giants inability to get into the end zone despite three trips to the red zone. The killer was a pick in the end zone with the Giants driving in the fourth.

I was sweating that game out man! The Giants driving the field with me scrambling to find a defense that could slow you down a bit. Looked like it was a bit of "bend but don't break" working in my favor. Still...very enjoyable game and good sportsmanship from you.

#1497 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Don't completely ban the squib kick. Maybe just leave it as a "don't be a dick" rule and address it more formally if someone starts using it when they shouldn't be. Anyone squib kicking all game will probably be removed from the league pretty quickly anyways because they aren't playing realistically.

I'd hate to be forced to kick the ball to Devin Hester when I am up by 2 points and with 3 seconds left in the game. A squib kick would seal the win for me but a normal kick could result in Hester taking it to the house.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#1498 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Well, doing it on every kick off is pretty standard "douchebag procedure" anyway. You think it's bad enough to even ban it situationally though? I was wondering if there was something similar on punts.

Hemingway seemed to be intentionally shanking punts in our game yesterday, which was making them skip along the field, and my players had a way harder time than they should have recovering them. I was just coming in here to ask him what that was.

I don't mind people kicking for the sideline, but this just seemed "Maddeny" Special teams in this game really is terrible with how easily it is to return punts/kicks...and then how horrible the return team is if you kick it any other way.

Yeah, I do honestly believe it's bad enough to be banned.

As for punts, if angled correctly near the boundaries, the returner will try to catch it but the ball will just bounce off their leg. I've had that happen to me as well.

Just another cheap way to get the ball back.

Don't completely ban the squib kick. Maybe just leave it as a "don't be a dick" rule and address it more formally if someone starts using it when they shouldn't be. Anyone squib kicking all game will probably be removed from the league pretty quickly anyways because they aren't playing realistically.

I'd hate to be forced to kick the ball to Devin Hester when I am up by 2 points and with 3 seconds left in the game. A squib kick would seal the win for me but a normal kick could result in Hester taking it to the house.

So say that situation does arise and I'm the Bears. You squib, fair enough.

You squib and recover? Yeah, that's stress I don't need.. :lol:

Even if it's just one time, it can still happen. The kick return AI is brain dead.

#1499 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

So say that situation does arise and I'm the Bears. You squib, fair enough.

You squib and recover? Yeah, that's stress I don't need.. :lol:

Even if it's just one time, it can still happen. The kick return AI is brain dead.

There is no difference between a squib that you recover with 0 seconds left in the game and a squib that i recover as the kicking team with 0 seconds left in the game. The game is over either way. But had i kicked it deep you could have returned it, or took the fair catch and ran one last play to win the game.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#1500 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

There is no difference between a squib that you recover with 0 seconds left in the game and a squib that i recover as the kicking team with 0 seconds left in the game. The game is over either way. But had i kicked it deep you could have returned it, or took the fair catch and ran one last play to win the game.

True, though there's still a shot something odd can happen and I get out of bounds, if squib works correctly.

Just saying it's a problem EA needs to address.