Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1591 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

I've been waiting a half hour for the Colts owner to show up for our 9:30 game. Just sim it, I guess. I don't feel like sitting around on a Friday night hoping someone will show up.

I get it. You're new in the league, but you've really got to step up your communication skills. I sent you a PM on Tuesday asking when you were available. You never answered me. You just announced to the thread that you'd play your game "tomorrow". Then, out of the blue, you pm me at 12:01 am yesterday saying you were ready to play. I pm'ed you back later yesterday to actually set a time, which we agreed on 9:30, and now you've not shown up for that.

#1592 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

I have a job, as well. And a wife. And two toddlers. I also just bought a second home and am renting out my first. So yes, everyone has real life priorities. I have been the proactive one in scheduling this match. Heck, you even admitted you thought you were matched up with someone else when I first contacted you! I played all three seasons in this league last year, an I think those players will tell you I always have been proactive in getting games scheduled and played.

All that said, just sim it.
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#1593 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

I'm on right now, get on and lets play.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1594 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Not home. Won't be back until 11.
Posted Image

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#1595 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

And there are several players on here who need to schedule these games. You can't just go, "Let's play now!" and expect the other guy to be available.
Posted Image

#1596 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

Good game Flyersfan.

The San Diego Chargers win there season opener against the Oakland Raiders 28-13

Phillip Rivers was 4-6, 74 yards, with one touchdown

Ryan Matthews had 96 yards on 13 carries with one touchdown

Quentin Jammer and Shaun Phillips each got an interception that was returned for a touchdown.

Edited by shotgunshine, 29 September 2012 - 03:31 AM.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1597 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

Orenthal Ransofaraway is your new Oakland Raiders coach.

GG shotgun. maybe I'm not used to it since that was my first game, but I had a lot of dropped passes. Is that an issue this year or was I doing something like running before the ball was securely catched?

#1598 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

Orenthal Ransofaraway is your new Oakland Raiders coach.

GG shotgun. maybe I'm not used to it since that was my first game, but I had a lot of dropped passes. Is that an issue this year or was I doing something like running before the ball was securely catched?

Yeah, that happens sometimes when im playing my offline connected career. That one you had I think late in the second was brutal...nobody was near you it was a guaranteed touchdown and your guy just dropped it.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1599 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Panthers 35 Bucs 17. I threw 4 picks with Freeman, 2 of them pick 6's. Not a great first start but at least we got our game in (very minimal lag this time!).
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1600 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

I get it. You're new in the league, but you've really got to step up your communication skills. I sent you a PM on Tuesday asking when you were available. You never answered me. You just announced to the thread that you'd play your game "tomorrow". Then, out of the blue, you pm me at 12:01 am yesterday saying you were ready to play. I pm'ed you back later yesterday to actually set a time, which we agreed on 9:30, and now you've not shown up for that.

And there are several players on here who need to schedule these games. You can't just go, "Let's play now!" and expect the other guy to be available.

This. There's an entire section on "Communication" in the OP. I know it's early in the franchise, and we've got a lot of new players, but we've gotta start doing a better job setting up games in advance. All I have to go on in these situations is "he said, he said". But if it's deadline day, and somebody is telling me they couldn't get anything set up with their opponent, and they're asking to play their game, I'm going to let them play the CPU. That might not always be the most fair thing to do, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and it encourages posting in the thread.

Everybody has things going on. We all have responsibilities. We've all "got real life, bro!" But we also all signed up for this league for a reason. Anybody who expects to get their games played by coming in here and posting "hey, come play me now" is going to end up disappointed 99% of the time. We can all do better than that.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1601 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

Also, we have a trade announcement:

Proposing a trade with the Cardinals

Patriots receive:

Ryan Williams- 67 ovr- 22 years- 4 million over 3 years, 1.13 in 2012
Michael Floyd- 76 ovr- 22 years- 10 million over 4 years, 2.04 in 2012

Cardinals receive:

Jeff Demps- 70 ovr- 22 years- 1.5 million over 3 years, 500k in 2012
3rd and 7th

Both teams have 18 plus million in cap room. I am doing this trade to get a young receiver because i will most likely lose Wes Welker in the offseason and Lloyd is an older receiver. i believe he is doing it because although Demps is only a 70, speed backs the ovr isn't that important. I'm also willing to work on the draft pick compensation if the trade committee feels its necassary to get the trade to go through.

APPROVED

#1602 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

I've been waiting a half hour for the Colts owner to show up for our 9:30 game. Just sim it, I guess. I don't feel like sitting around on a Friday night hoping someone will show up.

sorry, i took a nap and forgot. just play against the cpu if u havent already. i'll make it for my week 2 game
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1603 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Ok, guys, we have advanced to Week 2! I won't be able to be on my Xbox for the next couple days (hoping I'll be back up and running by Monday), but I will be able to access CAG on my phone, so I should be able to somewhat keep up with things.

The deadline for Week 2 games will be 10/2!

#1604 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

NEVEMInd ok the trade! My bad!

Edited by Docb9110, 29 September 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#1605 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Youre not supposed to post trades in here, id remove it if you can. the committee will post it once they decide on it.

#1606 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Texans - 41
Jags - 21

In a well played game the Texans beat the Jags on a turnover filled Saturday! The jags lost 2 fumbles as Jones Drew suprisingling lost one after a huge from Cushing! Gabbert unfortunantely threw 4 pics with Cushing having 3!

Great game Tower! Look forward to playing a gentlemen such as yourself again!

#1607 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

TRADE FOR REVIEW: (Quickly is possible)

Texans:

Arian Foster, HB, 26, 94 OVR, 5 years at 20 million.

For

Bengals:

CJ Spiller, HB, 25, 80 OVR, 3 years at 5 million.

I am wanting to get rid of salary as well as a back more suited to my style of play. I feel sluggish with Foster and believe that Spiller will give me the elusiveness I need. Plus DVO threw in the 1st rounder next season.

#1608 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

Trades should be pm'ed to Nate for him to send to the trade committee.

#1609 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

hey doc ur suppose to PM it n8

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#1610 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Sorry guys! Missed that part of the spoiler. I have sent it to nate for approval.

#1611 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

I'm on the 360 now if anyone wants to play a friendly game...just message me.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#1612 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Just played my Week 2 game. Very happy with my performance after that Week 1 disaster(5 picks for Tom Brady).

Trent Richardson had the monster game. 174 yards rushing, 3 TD, 34 REC yard, 1 TD.

Very happy I was able to establish the run. It's pretty difficult to get it right this year.

#1613 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

It's not very gentlemanlike to start the third string HB you wanted in the trade with me solely because "shoot i forgot i need 3 rb" and run all over the field with him just to prove you can.

Besides that, fairly expected outcome. Patriots 21 Cardinals 3.

And I absolutely need a new quarterback, Skelton is pick city. Anyone with a QB who can run hit me up, any OVR I'm interested.
DIBS

#1614 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

It's not very gentlemanlike to start the third string HB you wanted in the trade with me solely because "shoot i forgot i need 3 rb" and run all over the field with him just to prove you can.

I apalogize if you thought i did it to prove i can or something like that. as long as his carry doesn't become an issue, i fully expect Ryan Williams to be my starting back for now. He's more athletic than Ridley and i only use woodhead on ST and on 3rd down. And to be fair this is what i said when i asked for Williams:

"shoot i forgot i need 3 rb so maybe ill make it Demps a third for Floyd and Ryan Williams or another runningback. If you agree, Ill post it in a private message to the commisionor. He does not want us posting it on thread."

You responded with saying out of your RB's Williams was the one you were willing to give up. So it's not like i tricked you into giving him to me or anything. Once again, i apalogize if you thought i was just rubbing it in or something.

#1615 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

And I absolutely need a new quarterback, Skelton is pick city. Anyone with a QB who can run hit me up, any OVR I'm interested.

and i didnt have the greatest game. i threw 4 picks as well. so i had to run.

#1616 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

I have John beck! You want?

#1617 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

I'm on the 360 now if anyone wants to play a friendly game...just message me.

I'm down let's play dude! I pmed ya!

#1618 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Only if your willing to accept first round draft picks.

#1619 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

Because Beck is the ideal running QB... I was thinking like Vick or Pryor or Tyrod Taylor or someone.
DIBS

#1620 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

I saw Matt Ryan threw 8 tds and I'm not going to lie my first thought was geez running up the score much for XP and then I saw the final score. Must of been some game.