Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1681 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hey guys, a few quick questions.

I was browsing through my roster today and I found that Chris Rainey, one of my backup running backs, seems to be missing from my team. Now I have not really utilized him yet, as I've been having some pretty good success with Mendenhall, but I thought it was odd that I could not find him. I looked under the free agents and everyone else's team as well... no luck.

I sim'ed through most of the preseason and left the computer to making the necessary roster cuts. Is it possible that the computer cut Rainey not only from my team but also from the league as a whole?

Second, I'm curious to hear how everyone is upgrading their players. This is my first time actually playing out a franchise and having to worry about leveling up players. Do you guys leave it to the computer? Or do you upgrade a select few players manually? If so, please recommend some best practices for doing so. Thanks!

If a player is cut, it is possible for them to retire. This may have been what happened to Chris Rainey, maybe try going back in your twitter stories they usually mention if someone retires.

And i usually do my upgrades myself, i only do upgrades on players that have more than 5,000 xp and i only upgrade players that i'm not saving up for something expensive.

EDIT: I checked the other league to see if he was on their roster in that one, and he's not on their roster or in FA of that league either. It makes me think he was just left out of the roster on the rosters we're using.

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1682 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Someone make me a good offer for Matt Forte.

#1683 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

TRADE FOR REVIEW: (Quickly is possible)

Texans:

Arian Foster, HB, 26, 94 OVR, 5 years at 20 million.

For

Bengals:

CJ Spiller, HB, 25, 80 OVR, 3 years at 5 million.
2013 1st Round Draft Pick

I am wanting to get rid of salary as well as a back more suited to my style of play. I feel sluggish with Foster and believe that Spiller will give me the elusiveness I need. Plus DVO threw in the 1st rounder next season.

APPROVED

I just want to put out there though, while the committee was ok with this trade, multiple members expressed concern for the Bengals frequency of trades and the matter of trading a player they just acquired. Obviously, there's no ruling to be made because there's no trade cap (though, I'm sure a few people wouldn't be upset if the Bengals screwed up their finances with all these moves). Just take it under advisement that it's getting on people's nerves a bit.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1684 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Kendall hunter got knocked out earlier in today's game, only got one HB that isn't hurt (Brandon Jacobs). Anything I can do?

Also Frank Gore is on my trading block he is out 3 weeks, as well as Brandon Jacobs. Need anymore details hit me up. Would be willing to trade for a back with high acc, spd, elusiveness, agi, or picks.

Finally getting a chance to respond to this as well. If you have only 1 HB on your roster, you do need an injury replacement. HOWEVER, since free agency is a bigger part of things this year, I think we definitely need to use the "must be rated lower than your lowest player at that position" policy.

So, you can sign a HB, but he has to have a lower OVR than Brandon Jacobs. Also, you need to post in here to let us know who you signed. I'll try to get a section on injury replacements added to the OP to reflect that as well.

#1685 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Finally getting a chance to respond to this as well. If you have only 1 HB on your roster, you do need an injury replacement. HOWEVER, since free agency is a bigger part of things this year, I think we definitely need to use the "must be rated lower than your lowest player at that position" policy.

So, you can sign a HB, but he has to have a lower OVR than Brandon Jacobs. Also, you need to post in here to let us know who you signed. I'll try to get a section on injury replacements added to the OP to reflect that as well.

Random observation, don't the 49ers have 4 rbs? Lemichael James, Jacobs, Hunter and Gore? So if Gore and Hunter are injured, doesn't that leave him with 2 Rb's?

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#1686 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Random observation, don't the 49ers have 4 rbs? Lemichael James, Jacobs, Hunter and Gore? So if Gore and Hunter are injured, doesn't that leave him with 2 Rb's?

Yes I didn't notice this till checking my roster last night. I do indeed have 4 RBs total. I can wait till someone else gets hurt before I sign a backup lol.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1687 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Yes I didn't notice this till checking my roster last night. I do indeed have 4 RBs total. I can wait till someone else gets hurt before I sign a backup lol.

Ha, the only reason i noticed or even thought of it was cause i thought that yiou had cut LeMichael James and was excited to try and ninja pick him up during free agency. No such luck :)

#1688 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Ha, the only reason i noticed or even thought of it was cause i thought that yiou had cut LeMichael James and was excited to try and ninja pick him up during free agency. No such luck :)

I almost did, but I decided not to. After looking at him I might try to build him up if I could unload Gore...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1689 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Mean and Nate just finished our game and i've been humbled(no Iron Sheik) I lost 55-35...he had a whopping 369 rushing yards. I could not stop his running game at all. I did make Chris Johnson fumble three times. but I threw three picks and Rivers fumbled once as well. I guess if there is anything positive, Ryan Matthews played pretty solid and had over 100 yards rushing.
Posted Image

#1690 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Titans - 55
Chargers - 35

Crazy game with shotgunshine. I felt like I was getting the better of him, but because of his insane ability to hit stick, he was creating turnovers left and right (made Chris Johnson fumble 3 times...even when I was holding RB). But even with the fumbles, CJ had a huge night, picking up 330 yds on 22 carries, and scoring 3 TDs, including an 80 yard TD sprint. Javon Ringer also added 41 yards on 4 carries and 1 TD.

Jake Locker was also pretty sharp, going 7-11 for 162 yds with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. His throw of the night came on a playaction, where he hit Kenny Britt in stride for a 65 yard TD. On the other side of the ball, Phillip Rivers was intercepted 3 times and fumbled once. Ryan Matthews was the Chargers brightest star, picking up 175 yards on 14 carries, with 3 TDs of his own. GG, shotgunshine!

#1691 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

bengals and redskins week 3 game is scheduled for tommrow 6 central

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#1692 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

bengals and redskins week 3 game is scheduled for tommrow 6 central

The deadline is tonight...

#1693 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

The deadline is tonight...

He said week 3...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1694 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

He said week 3...

You're right. Sorry. I'm off because he PM'd me earlier talking about his week 4 game.

#1695 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

You're right. Sorry. I'm off because he PM'd me earlier talking about his week 4 game.

ya that was my bad fingers hit the wrong button

Madden 25

#1696 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Are we still advancing today? I just replied to a PM about when we can play the Broncos Texans game, and we're hoping to get it in tonight.

On another note, I was looking through the teams yesterday and there are some hilarious coach names.

#1697 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Are we still advancing today? I just replied to a PM about when we can play the Broncos Texans game, and we're hoping to get it in tonight.

On another note, I was looking through the teams yesterday and there are some hilarious coach names.

Yup, I'll be advancing us in a little bit.

#1698 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Ok, we have advanced to Week 3! Games will be due by 10/6!

#1699 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Responded to your PM, that time sounds perfect tonite dude! See ya at 8 cst

#1700 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Responded to your PM, that time sounds perfect tonite dude! See ya at 8 cst

It's going to be a fun game. When we played last year I think I barely got away with the win.

Also I just looked, and I guess I am the number one offense in the league. I never would have guessed that.

#1701 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Washington Redskins VS Cincinnati Bengals going now

Madden 25

#1702 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

It's going to be a fun game. When we played last year I think I barely got away with the win.

Also I just looked, and I guess I am the number one offense in the league. I never would have guessed that.

Hana because that's not intimidating at all! Lol

#1703 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Had to play my week 3 game against the cpu because the Raiders' owner is out of town. Not upset about that, but the game itself went badly. I feel as though the computer really had it out for me. It seems as though I could have done everything right, but the cpu woud have still come out on top. Hate that..

#1704 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Dolphins over the Jets 24-14. Revis had one of the sickest int's in the endzone i've seen in madden though.

#1705 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Aft3rSh0ck, i'm ready to play! Sent you a pm.
Posted Image

#1706 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

sorry i was eating had to work late, im getting on now

#1707 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Wow this games was insane.. Chargers barely hold on to win 24-19. I'll just talk about the ending drive..he has no time outs and theres under a minute...he gets somewhere around the 50(I forget exactly where.. I think he might have been in my territory) Like 7 seconds left so one more chance for a bomb. He throws it deep, its incomplete but I got a fucking pass interference call with 1 second left! I rarely get mad, but yeah...that pissed me off. So hes at my five..im scrambling to pick a play...he throws it and his guy catches it and it looked like it was a touchdown but they said it wasn't. I actually thought he did score....not that I was complaining haha...hell of a game Aft3rSh0ck.
Posted Image

#1708 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

yeah it was a crazy ending, that roughing the passer penalty killed me. Damn computer. That was a great game shotgunshine.

#1709 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Had to play my week 3 game against the cpu because the Raiders' owner is out of town. Not upset about that, but the game itself went badly. I feel as though the computer really had it out for me. It seems as though I could have done everything right, but the cpu woud have still come out on top. Hate that..

Yeah I hate playing the CPU for that reason as well. Sorry I couldn't have played, even if I would've lost I always want to be in control of my team vs having EA AI control it.

#1710 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

yeah it was a crazy ending, that roughing the passer penalty killed me. Damn computer. That was a great game shotgunshine.

Yeah, there were some heartbreaking calls/plays. That interception you got on my first drive that cost me a touchdown killed me.
Posted Image