Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1771 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Just got out of a nail-biter with scrub. I was down 23-6 going into the 4th and managed to get two huge completions out of Skelton to make it 23-20 with three minutes left. Luckily for him he got like three 3rd down completions through so clock ran out.

Eagles 23
Cardinals 20

I swear I'm going to win eventually.

Edit: If Feely hadn't hit the crossbar on his third FG attempt that would have been overtime for sure.
DIBS

#1772 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

No need to be throwing the ball up 18 and less than two minutes doo mane, especially on second down.

Called it :applause:
DIBS

#1773 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

Nevermind ill pass I tried them

Come on man, I took the Browns. Lol.

#1774 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Nevermind ill pass I tried them

i actually dont mind the vikings in madden.

#1775 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Called it :applause:

Ummm what now?

#1776 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Just got out of a nail-biter with scrub. I was down 23-6 going into the 4th and managed to get two huge completions out of Skelton to make it 23-20 with three minutes left. Luckily for him he got like three 3rd down completions through so clock ran out.

Eagles 23
Cardinals 20

I swear I'm going to win eventually.

Edit: If Feely hadn't hit the crossbar on his third FG attempt that would have been overtime for sure.

very good game sir. skelton threw some bombs that made me nervous. only thing that kept me goin was the crucial 3rd downs, cause i couldnt run the ball for shit.

#1777 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Seahawks and Packers just friggin' tied! 10-10.

My offense (both, really) couldn't get moving all game. We both had a missed FG, we both scored the TD late (mine being a 4th and long to Obomanu, jeebus), and I had a rough fumble one drive, sack on another that prevented me from getting into FG range during OT.

GG Pack. Seahawks 1-1-1 now...we'll see what that tie ends up meaning later down the line.

#1778 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Seahawks and Packers just friggin' tied! 10-10.

My offense (both, really) couldn't get moving all game. We both had a missed FG, we both scored the TD late (mine being a 4th and long to Obomanu, jeebus), and I had a rough fumble one drive, sack on another that prevented me from getting into FG range during OT.

GG Pack. Seahawks 1-1-1 now...we'll see what that tie ends up meaning later down the line.

GG man! In all honesty I was unsure what was actually going to happen at the end of the game. I probably should have called timeout with 7 secs remaining. Oh well. Im just glad no one got injured!

Pack starts the year 0-2-1

#1779 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Well disconnected again, this time as I was intercepting the ball with a little over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter up 17-7 when all of a sudden the game drops. I am getting extremely tired of this shit. Between the lag and the disconnects I'm beginning to think I'm not suppose to be in this league. I will give it a couple more games but if this crap continues I will have to pull out of the league, it's not fair to me or my opponents like this.

As for the game itself, a pretty well played game between myself and cbrigante2. I got one really lucky pick that helped me score my first td and then get up 17-0. Then I felt like in the 2nd half cbrigante2 got his legs under him and started to move the ball at will against me. The game was pretty much decided when the disconnect happened but other than that it was a well played non-cheese game of Madden. Sorry cbrigante2 for the way the game ended, it was a classy thing of you to do to let me just play the CPU and get a win that way instead of contesting the outcome. Nicely done, hopefully we can play a better game again down the road.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1780 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Waiting to hear from snakemaster about our game today. Have been on live the last few hours and sent him a message on CAG but nothing so far.

#1781 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Awesome, after waiting for hours to get the game in, we finally start playing and with him up 24-7 he pauses it once and then takes 3 straight delay of game penalties to get kicked for grieving.

At this point I am fine with a sim.

#1782 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Awesome, after waiting for hours to get the game in, we finally start playing and up 24-7 he pauses it once and then takes 3 straight delay of game penalties to get kicked for grieving.

At this point I am fine with a sim.

im sorry i was making dinner, im ready now lets go
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1783 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

im sorry i was making dinner, im ready now lets go

Why would you start the game if you didn't have time to play it?
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1784 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Bears-Rams is scheduled for 11:30 tonight.

#1785 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Colts-Jags is done. Colts won 35-30
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1786 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

----
Buffalo Bills receive:

2nd Round Draft Pick
----
Arizona Cardinals receive:

4th Round Draft Pick

WR Brad Smith
75OVR - 28 Years Old
Contract: $3.00M every year, the final year being 2014.
----

The reason behind the trade is that I want a second decent, speedy WR across from Larry Fitzgerald and I also want a speedy QB to run a Triple Option set (and possibly take over for Skelton entirely at this rate). Smith has switched between QB and WR in real life so he has throwng ability and recieving ability.

The reason that a second-rounder is involved is because the Bills owner won't back off a second round pick. If you think that's too much for Smith I'd agree, please post that to the thread as why it's rejected if it's indeed rejected.

TRADE REJECTED

The committee was torn on this one. A couple people felt that Smith wasn't worth a 2nd round pick...even with the 4th rounder included. Another member thought that the Cardinals were GETTING too much with the 4th rounder included. Part of me wanted to rule that having people on both sides like that almost makes the argument for the trade being even, but I didn't want to make an arbitrary decision like that. Maybe this one needs to be worked on a bit to see if either side can come up with a better proposal.

#1787 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Also, we have advanced to Week 4. I'm anticipating having a pretty busy day tomorrow, but I'll try to get details on the free agents process worked out asap.

The deadline for Week 4 games is 10/10!

#1788 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

stil waiting on blade3D to pm me back. His friends list is full and his availability is not shown on the first page

#1789 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

stil waiting on blade3D to pm me back. His friends list is full and his availability is not shown on the first page

I am open all the time unless I have previous engagements, I have no set schedule that I am busy. I messaged you saying last night or tonight. I am busy most of today. I would be free tonight, or any other day. PM me some times that are good and ill let you know what I can make.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1790 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hey Guys, what am I to do this week? I play the Saints. Do I jut play the computer, or will someone be joining soon?

Let me know, as I am trying to stay on top of this so I dont hold you guys up if something comes up.

Thanks.

#1791 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hey Guys, what am I to do this week? I play the Saints. Do I jut play the computer, or will someone be joining soon?

Let me know, as I am trying to stay on top of this so I dont hold you guys up if something comes up.

Thanks.

Well, we won't be advancing until 10/10 (or more likely, the morning of 10/11). So, as long as you'd have time to play the CPU some time on 10/10, we can give it a few days to see if anybody steps up. But definitely, just let me know the last possible time you would have to play against the CPU...and if we get to that, by all means, you can just play the computer.

#1792 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Well, we won't be advancing until 10/10 (or more likely, the morning of 10/11). So, as long as you'd have time to play the CPU some time on 10/10, we can give it a few days to see if anybody steps up. But definitely, just let me know the last possible time you would have to play against the CPU...and if we get to that, by all means, you can just play the computer.

Sounds good. I will wait until the 10th to play the cpu if no one else joins.

#1793 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

I am open all the time unless I have previous engagements, I have no set schedule that I am busy. I messaged you saying last night or tonight. I am busy most of today. I would be free tonight, or any other day. PM me some times that are good and ill let you know what I can make.

What are you talking about? I have no PM's from you and no messages on Xbox Live. Where did you message me?

#1794 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

God I suck at madden.

#1795 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

God I suck at madden.

Welcome to the club.

#1796 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Bengals - Jags is scheduled for 9 pm MST tomorrow.

#1797 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

If you can't find anyone else to take the Saints, I wouldn't mind filling in.

33126.png

#1798 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

I have someone who might want the Saints.

Also, Browns beat Ravens 17-10. Very solid game. It was mostly ball control for me and Brady had a near perfect game, even if his stats didn't stand out. Had some trouble with Ray Rice, which I figured I would since I've been having trouble with most backs. Browns now 3-1. 3 game winning streak. Hopefully we can keep this up.

Still looking to improve my defense(secondary) and the right side of my offensive line as well as the TE/WR position.

#1799 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

If you can't find anyone else to take the Saints, I wouldn't mind filling in.

Yeah, I appreciate the offer to help out. But I'd prefer to not bring in one of the top players from the other league. I'm really not sure of the range in skill in here as it is...and while I don't view all of us as "lesser players" anymore, I don't want there to be a lot of blowouts either. At the very least, having a placeholder guy coming in and kicking people's asses doesn't seem like a good idea, lol. ;)

#1800 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, I appreciate the offer to help out. But I'd prefer to not bring in one of the top players from the other league. I'm really not sure of the range in skill in here as it is...and while I don't view all of us as "lesser players" anymore, I don't want there to be a lot of blowouts either. At the very least, having a placeholder guy coming in and kicking people's asses doesn't seem like a good idea, lol. ;)

i talked to my buddy thats on the waiting list he said he would take them and that he tried to post but when he registered it didnt go thru for some reason and that he re-registered this morning wont be able to post until wednesday but if u send him an invite to the league he will be good to go and until he can post on wednesday whoever plays him just contact me and i will contact him and play the middle man

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0