Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1831 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Idk how I want to present this but figured I would say something cause it did piss me off. Dude Fuck goes 5 wide with time running down and runs it twice with his QB in the final 45 secs to get in field goal range. Everyone went deep and then he runs with QB, obviously he knew what he was trying to do. I am mainly pissed cause that drive decided the game.

I knew you'd be on here bitching. Funny coming from someone who used FB DIVE 3 times. That is literally the cheapest run play in the game. That's is why it's banned except for 1-time use in my other leagues. Anyways, here is the WHOLE story..

3rd and 15ish from deep in my territory, 1 timeout. I go 5 wide and get a first down. Obviously I go no huddle. Dude rushes TWO guys. TWO. What am I supposed to do here? It's not like I ran teh ball as soon as I hiked the ball. I even went thru my reads and nobody was open. Am I supposed to throw it into double coverage? Or throw it out of bounds? Half my linemen were just standing there, blocking NOBODY. WTF... If I'm not allowed to run in this situation, you could literally rush 2 every pass down and not have to worry about it. It wasn't like, oooh i'm going to go 5 wide and then run. I was 5 wide on THIRD down, and ran no huddle with less than a minute left. How is rushing 2 and dropping 9 "playing right"? I literally looked down at my QB and saw nobody. NEVER had the intention of running until it was presented. And it wasn't the first time I went 5 wide the whole game either.. if I was going to do this to exploit it, how come I didnt do it earlier on other 3rd downs?

#1832 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

On that note...

Group 2 (You may now make your selection)

New Orleans Saints
Detroit Lions
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers

Again, Group 1, you can still pick up a free agent. You just have more competition now.

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 09 October 2012 - 02:35 AM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1833 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

I believe I "play right"..ask the other people I"ve played. Hey, if they say I don't "play right", I'll be fine leaving.

#1834 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

New York Giants

Player Added: James Farrior, MLB
Player Dropped: Michael Coe, CB

#1835 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

In the OP:

"If you see your opponent dropping 8 men back into coverage, and there's just nowhere to throw the ball, of course, you can take off. "

- That's EXACTLY what I did.

#1836 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Posted Image

#1837 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

I knew you'd be on here bitching. Funny coming from someone who used FB DIVE 3 times. That is literally the cheapest run play in the game. That's is why it's banned except for 1-time use in my other leagues. Anyways, here is the WHOLE story..

3rd and 15ish from deep in my territory, 1 timeout. I go 5 wide and get a first down. Obviously I go no huddle. Dude rushes TWO guys. TWO. What am I supposed to do here? It's not like I ran teh ball as soon as I hiked the ball. I even went thru my reads and nobody was open. Am I supposed to throw it into double coverage? Or throw it out of bounds? Half my linemen were just standing there, blocking NOBODY. WTF... If I'm not allowed to run in this situation, you could literally rush 2 every pass down and not have to worry about it. It wasn't like, oooh i'm going to go 5 wide and then run. I was 5 wide on THIRD down, and ran no huddle with less than a minute left. How is rushing 2 and dropping 9 "playing right"? I literally looked down at my QB and saw nobody. NEVER had the intention of running until it was presented. And it wasn't the first time I went 5 wide the whole game either.. if I was going to do this to exploit it, how come I didnt do it earlier on other 3rd downs?

If that's what really happened, then you have a point. The problem we ALWAYS get in these situations is that the stories are so far apart. I agree, if he's dropping back 9 into coverage, and you're not taking off immediately, it's a legit play. No one would expect you to force a throw into double and triple coverage. As with previous issues we've had, for now, it's going to have to be his word vs yours. But obviously, this isn't a complaint you want people having against you again. So, take that under advisement.

As for the FB dive thing...I really don't understand how that is a cheap play. There was a huge issue with QB Sneaks in last years game...but I know I've stuffed 3rd and 1's plenty to know that this isn't an exploit. I really don't see how it's any different than the argument of dropping 9 back into coverage. If you can't go to your power back on 3rd and short, it gives the defense an unfair advantage...just as not being allowed to run with your QB when every receiver is blanketed would.

I just want to stress the "play right" mantra wasn't specifically directed at you. I feel like we've had several players tip toeing the line between good sportsmanship and being a douche because they don't want to lose lately. I just wanted to remind everyone that one person complaining about you is just their opinion. But if multiple people make the same complaint, it starts to gain traction, and becomes an issue. Lets not let that happen.

#1838 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

On that note...

Group 2 (You may now make your selection)

New Orleans Saints
Detroit Lions
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers

hey N8 do u have any clue when the 3rd group will start i figure tommrow sometime just curious to know a time i should check in at also did u send the invite to my guy for the league?

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#1839 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Posted Image
I have just ordered Madden 13 from Amazon! I'm ready to rejoin the league, if you guys will have me. I see the Saints are open. If you're willing to hold them for me, I'll gladly take them when Madden gets here in the next 4-14 days :)

Kaster is back! Sorry but, I stole the Broncos from you. ;)

#1840 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Kaster is back! I stole the Broncos from you. ;)

:cry:
Well, if someone had to take them, I'm glad it was you.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#1841 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

Posted Image
I have just ordered Madden 13 from Amazon! I'm ready to rejoin the league, if you guys will have me. I see the Saints are open. If you're willing to hold them for me, I'll gladly take them when Madden gets here in the next 4-14 days :)

Glad to have you back. But yeah, DVO has a guy in the process of taking the Saints. The Vikings are also available though since Rapid Shot never bothered to respond after getting angry about a game. Let me know if you want Minnesota and they're yours.

hey N8 do u have any clue when the 3rd group will start i figure tommrow sometime just curious to know a time i should check in at also did u send the invite to my guy for the league?

Most likely tomorrow morning. I'd estimate 9-10 AM CST. And I'm about to send your guy the invite right now. I told steggy to go ahead and play the CPU for Packers/Saints though because he's going out of town Wednesday...and I didn't think it was fair to have to scramble to set something up for tomorrow.

#1842 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

ok sounds good i will be sure to be checking the phone all morning then and pretty much blow off work lol. which is actually good timing becuz work is slow right now a new system being taught to us death by powerpoint.

Madden 25

#1843 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

Glad to have you back. But yeah, DVO has a guy in the process of taking the Saints. The Vikings are also available though since Rapid Shot never bothered to respond after getting angry about a game. Let me know if you want Minnesota and they're yours.

Sure, I'll take Minny.
CAG: KasterDB
XBL: KasterDB
Time Zone: Eastern
Available:
Monday, Tuesday, Friday - between 3:30-11 PM
Wednesday - between 2-10 PM
Thursday - between 5-11 PM
Saturday/Sunday 10 AM to 10 PM

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#1844 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

GB Packers

Player Added: Nick Collins, FS
Player Dropped: Brett Goode, C

#1845 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

Jacksonville Jaguars

Add : Jeff Otah RT
Drop : Guy Whimper RT

#1846 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I've already started scouting the top few players in the draft.

#1847 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

I've already started scouting the top few players in the draft.

Haha me too.

#1848 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for answering my question about FAs guys, helpful. Now that some second rounders have picked, I guess I will.

Cardinals
-----------

Added: Vince Young, QB

Dropped: nobody (apparently I was overzealous at final cuts?)
DIBS

#1849 hammurabi1337

hammurabi1337

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

GB Packers

Player Added: Nick Collins, FS

What. I thought realism was important...?
DIBS

#1850 Aft3rSh0ck24

Aft3rSh0ck24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Falcons d just cant seem to get it together. They fall to 1-3. GG Doo mane.

I swear my d's ai is set on "dee dee dee"

They like to play touch football. And wear skirts.

#1851 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

bengals beat jags 45-21

foster came to play this game with 22 carries for 304 yards and 5 TDs

GG tower i think if it wasnt for gabbert ur team would be alot better i cant believe that the kickoff u did that i fumbled u didnt return i think u got maddened hard on that one. and dalton threw alot of bad passes that should have been picked. i honestly think this score should have been alot closer than it was but tower got maddened pretty hard in this bout.

Madden 25

#1852 Doo Mane

Doo Mane

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Player Added: Josh Brown, K
Dropped: Justin Medlock, K (Worst kicker in the league)
Also, gg Aft3rSh0ck

#1853 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I believe I "play right"..ask the other people I"ve played. Hey, if they say I don't "play right", I'll be fine leaving.

I was just saying it pissed me off. I was just presenting what happened. I am not trying to get you in "trouble" but just wanted to see how others felt about it. If people never say anything, even if its a small issue people can just get away with stuff. I am in these leagues to play fair and follow the rules.

N8 as far as what I did in the other league I responded about it. I didn't even know it was brought up till I read your post. I am glad you brought it to my attention.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1854 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

I was just saying it pissed me off. I was just presenting what happened. I am not trying to get you in "trouble" but just wanted to see how others felt about it. If people never say anything, even if its a small issue people can just get away with stuff. I am in these leagues to play fair and follow the rules.

N8 as far as what I did in the other league I responded about it. I didn't even know it was brought up till I read your post. I am glad you brought it to my attention.

I understand you were mad, but in no way did I make my playcall with the intention of running, which is what you made it sound like. I made that 3rd and long PASSING with 4WR and 1TE, so I ran the hurry-up and the same play again... you had everyone covered so I ran, couldn't make it out of bounds, so another hurry-up. The 2nd time, I actually audibled to quick pass..and once again you had everyone covered.. I wanted to stop the clock without throwing an INT, so I ran it towards the sideline. If I was going to intentionally run, I would've put Tebow in. I was still about 15 yards away from field goal range after those runs.

#1855 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

I understand, it was more that they all seemed to be on streaks. Had it happened any other time I probably would have let it go, but back to back on the game winning drive is what did it for me.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1856 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

----
buffalo bills receive:

3rd round draft pick
----
arizona cardinals receive:

5th round draft pick

wr brad smith
75ovr - 28 years old
contract: $3.00m every year, the final year being 2014.
----

the reason behind the trade is that i want a second decent, speedy wr across from larry fitzgerald and i also want a speedy qb to run a triple option set (and possibly take over for skelton entirely at this rate). Smith has switched between qb and wr in real life so he has throwng ability and recieving ability.

The edit is moving both picks down a round to slightly shift value to the cardinals to balance the trade.

trade approved

#1857 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Group 3 (You may now make your selection)

Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans
Cincinatti Bengals
St. Louis Rams

And just so everyone can keep track, these are the moves that have already been made

Group 1
Jacksonville Jaguars - Jeff Otah, RT
Arizona Cardinals - Vince Young, QB
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills - Plaxico Burress, WR

Group 2
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants - James Farrior, MLB
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers - Nick Collins, FS

As before, teams from Groups 1 and 2 can still pick up a free agent if they missed their exclusive window. Just don't be surprised if the guy you wanted is already taken.

#1858 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ok, making a small addendum to the free agency policy. When I made the requirement that everyone needed to drop a player in order to sign one, this was under the assumption that everybody should have 53 players on their roster at this point. The Cardinals owner pointed out that he apparently cut too many players during the preseason, and adding Young would put him back at 53.

So, if for some reason, you have less than 53 players right now, you don't HAVE to cut somebody. The only other team affected by this right now is the Packers (who only have 51 players for some reason). Steggy, if you want to re-sign Brett Goode, you can. But of course, you don't have to. I'm really confused why some teams were way below 53 players to begin with.

#1859 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

FYI Nate, when I clicked the Connected Careers link in the OP, it was dead. Just so you know.

166876.png

#1860 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

FYI Nate, when I clicked the Connected Careers link in the OP, it was dead. Just so you know.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But honestly, that's not much worse than the actual website, lol. EA really did a horrible job with the site this year. It's totally barebones..even moreso than last year. I'll try to fix the link when I get home, but don't expect anything great.