Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1861 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, I noticed that too. But honestly, that's not much worse than the actual website, lol. EA really did a horrible job with the site this year. It's totally barebones..even moreso than last year. I'll try to fix the link when I get home, but don't expect anything great.

Well, that's just hunky dory!

If someone who actually owns the game wants to join the league and wants Minnesota, that's okay. I don't want someone to be stuck on the outside while I'm waiting for Amazon to ship me the game.

Obviously, not backing out or anything, just figured I'd put that out there.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#1862 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

bengals
added MLB jay dwyer
drop MLB Vontaze Burfict

dudes a beast im pumped

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#1863 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

So hammarabi had time to pick up a fa but not enough to respond to my p.M's?

#1864 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

So hammarabi had time to pick up a fa but not enough to respond to my p.M's?

Don't forget. He also had time for sarcasm. ;)

#1865 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm pretty sure this affects me to. I traded away Spiller for a pick, and just traded Brad Smith for a pick. So I should be at 51 before I sign Burress.

Yeah, that makes sense. The only reason I'm ok with some people not dropping anyone is because it could create a salary cap isssue for them down the road...which is their own business. And the only reason we're regulating free agency at all is because of how poorly the game handles it in the first season.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#1866 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Texans
Added DT Albert Haynesworth
Dropped MLB Tim Dobbins

#1867 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm assuming we can only sign 1 FA at this point. Are we gonna have open season on the rest of em after everyone picks once?

Yes, as stated a page or two back, only one FA per team. Free agency will definitely NOT be open season after this. We might do another round later in the season, but until the offseason, it has to be done in this format. Just allowing a free for all with no limitations just isn't a good option.

#1868 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Is there any way for me to join/be invited to the league online? I'd like to look at my team and claim a free agent if possible before the game comes.

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#1869 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Is there any way for me to join/be invited to the league online? I'd like to look at my team and claim a free agent if possible before the game comes.

There should be, but no, lol. What? You didn't believe me when I said EA did a horrible job with the website? haha. Oh, and that app they were boasting about isnt out yet either. :applause:

#1870 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

There should be, but no, lol. What? You didn't believe me when I said EA did a horrible job with the website? haha. Oh, and that app they were boasting about isnt out yet either. :applause:

Wow, it's even more dire than I thought. A+ effort there, EA, really. Four for you.

166876.png

#1871 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Group 4 (You may now make your selection)
Denver Broncos
Atlanta Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers
Seattle Seahawks

And just so everyone can keep track, these are the moves that have already been made

Group 1
Jacksonville Jaguars - Jeff Otah, RT
Arizona Cardinals - Vince Young, QB
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills - Plaxico Burress, WR

Group 2
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants - James Farrior, MLB
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers - Nick Collins, FS

Group 3
Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans - Albert Haynesworth, DT
Cincinatti Bengals - Jay Dwyer, MLB
St. Louis Rams

As before, teams from Groups 1 - 3 can still pick up a free agent if they missed their exclusive window. Just don't be surprised if the guy you wanted is already taken.

#1872 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Also, DVO, your buddy hasn't joined the league yet. He's got an invite sitting there waiting on him.

#1873 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Also, DVO, your buddy hasn't joined the league yet. He's got an invite sitting there waiting on him.

we just got off work i let him know though

Madden 25

#1874 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

I'm guessing I am in the last group?

EDIT: I forgot my xbox was on, I am ranked 3rd so I would guess so.

Also, here is my trade block.

HB Frank Gore
WR Mario Manningham
TE Vernon Davis

I am looking for a top tier CB high 80s or so(maybe even a second decent low-mid 80s), a good Center, and a speed running back.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1875 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Ravens:
A: Chad Johnson, WR
D: Damien Berry, HB

#1876 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Denver Broncos

Add: Andre Carter, RE, 91OVR
Drop: Matthew Willis, WR 68OVR

#1877 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

The Giants have a bunch of players on the trade block, including Dave Diehl (86 overall), Mathias Kiwanuka (81) and Osi Umenyora. Looking for picks and/or young players with potential at MLB and all along the offensive line.

#1878 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

I'm guessing I am in the last group?

EDIT: I forgot my xbox was on, I am ranked 3rd so I would guess so.

Also, here is my trade block.

HB Frank Gore
WR Mario Manningham
TE Vernon Davis

I am looking for a top tier CB high 80s or so(maybe even a second decent low-mid 80s), a good Center, and a speed running back.

Vontae Davis(cb) and some other sweets for Vernon Davis? I need a te for my awesome Andrew Luck :)
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1879 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

The Giants have a bunch of players on the trade block, including Dave Diehl (86 overall), Mathias Kiwanuka (81) and Osi Umenyora. Looking for picks and/or young players with potential at MLB and all along the offensive line.

Browns are interested in all three of those guys.

#1880 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

All right, I've had it with the shitheads in this league. No more warnings. If you act like a fucking dirtbag, you're done here. That's it.

When you're up 38-17 with 3 minutes left in the game...when I've obviously given up on making a comeback by kicking a field goal on 4th and 5...and then kicked the ball deep instead of going for an onside kick...and you come out and fucking throw on 1st down, you're a WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT. Doc, I don't give a Fuck who you think you're nice to and whatever. That's a piece of shit move, and I'm sick of it.

When I'm backing down MYSELF, from getting outplayed and getting some shitty bounces in the game (Chris Johnson fumbling AGAIN even when I've raised his carry rating to 96, and Jake Locker overthrowing wide open receivers, which instead result in interceptions), and you STILL can't show some humility and let the game end, you're an asshole. And I'm way too busy to be wasting the little gaming time I get playing pieces of shit like that.

So, I'm saying this one FINAL time...CUT THE SHIT OR YOU'RE GONE. I don't give a shit if the league is empty by the time I'm done cleaning house. I'd rather play the CPU than play a bunch of classless jerkoffs.

#1881 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Browns are interested in all three of those guys.

Well, let me know what you're looking to move.

#1882 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Alright guys here's the deal! I just played N8 who I have a ton of respect for. He is upset at me for something I thought (maybe better judgement was not used) however I do have justification albeit it is kind of flimsy but hear me out for now.

N8 is down 21 points about 330 left. I had a 4th down and saw he was playing up. I meant to audible my x receiver on an out route since he opened it up simply to keep the ball and run the clock out more. Again not one of my better judgment calls but the play ran and instead of an out he rant an out slant. I hit the button and the ball was thrown about 20 yards. The catch animation played out and I immediately dove to the ground.

N8 then understAndably sent a message saying he was done and pissed. I then, as I planned, I nose dove 3 times and let the clock run down to 100 left and then botched the field goal!

Kicked it back and sat waiting for him to finish. Which he took a while to do. I sent 4 VOICE messages to him explaining and apologizing profusely. It was a mistake and I'm letting slide his name calling because honestly i deserve it but I'm putting it out there. Wrong decision with sincerely good intentions.

Gentlemen this was a lapse in judgement which I of course did not capitalize on and planned on not capitalizing on it whether or not he understood. I had the right ending in mind with the wrong way to get there in this case.

I'm not mad at him or grievous which is why I'm putting this up.
Have at me guys...I deserve it for this one.

#1883 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Why were you even going for it on 4th down then? Especially up 21 points late.

#1884 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

im hoping that the going for it on 4th was a miss type becuz that makes no sense to me at all

Madden 25

#1885 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Why were you even going for it on 4th down then? Especially up 21 points late.

A fair question. Why wouldn't you punt it?

#1886 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Edit: like I said boneheaded move that I have NEVER done before and will never do again,I took the time to send you 5 messages via voice to apologize profusely! You call us classless pieces of shift (me right now) and this is how you decide to deal with this? By ranting like that. At least I'm an adult, took responsibility and laid it out there. The score was the exact same either way and like I said in this case, slip in judgement.

A commissioner is supposed to be someone who tempers action with wisdom! You sir, are not doin that right now and letting your emotions act without the benefit of intellect.

Check yourself in the way you handle things. I'm surei am not alone when I say that we want a fair commish and not just one who is fair when it doesn't involve him.

#1887 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

It was a mistype. It wasn't 4th n8 corrected me. Like I said I saw the lane open up when and wanted the 1st.

Again fellas I appologize

#1888 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

It was a mistype. It wasn't 4th n8 corrected me. Like I said I saw the lane open up when and wanted the 1st.

Again fellas I appologize

See that's a problem to me. You wanted the first down? Why? Up 21, what possible use is to you that late in the game?

#1889 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Alright guys here's the deal! I just played N8 who I have a ton of respect for. He is upset at me for something I thought (maybe better judgement was not used) however I do have justification albeit it is kind of flimsy but hear me out for now.

N8 is down 21 points about 330 left. I had a 4th down and saw he was playing up. I meant to audible my x receiver on an out route since he opened it up simply to keep the ball and run the clock out more. Again not one of my better judgment calls but the play ran and instead of an out he rant an out slant. I hit the button and the ball was thrown about 20 yards. The catch animation played out and I immediately dove to the ground.

N8 then understAndably sent a message saying he was done and pissed. I then, as I planned, I nose dove 3 times and let the clock run down to 100 left and then botched the field goal!

Kicked it back and sat waiting for him to finish. Which he took a while to do. I sent 4 VOICE messages to him explaining and apologizing profusely. It was a mistake and I'm letting slide his name calling because honestly i deserve it but I'm putting it out there. Wrong decision with sincerely good intentions.

Gentlemen this was a lapse in judgement which I of course did not capitalize on and planned on not capitalizing on it whether or not he understood. I had the right ending in mind with the wrong way to get there in this case.

I'm not mad at him or grievous which is why I'm putting this up.
Have at me guys...I deserve it for this one.

Doc is 100% lying here. It was not 4th down. It was the very first play from scrimmage after I kicked the field goal to make it 38-17. On the ensuing kickoff, Doc expected an onside kick, but I had no delusions of making a comeback, so of course I allowed him to audible to a regular kick return. After the return, I did call an Edge Rush blitz on 1st down...and Doc ran a straight up pass play. He didn't dive "immediately". I think he had an "oh shit" moment, where he knew he fucked up...ran for about 15-20 yards before realizing that if he scored again, it would hell on earth.

Yes, he ended up not scoring, but that's not the issue here. When you lack the recognition that your opponent has given up on winning the game, and still feel compelled to "go for it" with a 21 point lead, you're not worth dealing with. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. It should be plain and simple and obvious to everyone. The fact that we continuously need to go over "sportsmanship" is getting incredibly tiresome, and I've lost the patience for it.

#1890 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

See that's a problem to me. You wanted the first down? Why? Up 21, what possible use is to you that late in the game?

Have you seen my defense? I've had 28 scored on me in 2 mins.

Like I said...not my brightest moment. Just control of the clock...only use none other.