Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#2311 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Not really sure why you're pointing this out. We haven't been tracking injuries this whole time, and we've had plenty of owners come and go. Honestly, I could have sworn a few of the injuries held up after replacing an owner though. Blade should be able to attest to this, as I know Gore was out for several weeks...and we've replaced an owner practically every week so far. I was starting to suspect that that bug wasn't actually affecting us.

i didnt know. it was the first injury i had and i knew it was a problem in the other league, just trying to help

#2312 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

hey it looks like I'm taking over for the Cardinals, my gamertag is BillyMcDugal86. My availability to start the game are Mondays and Thursdays: 9a-10a. Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9a-10:30a and Fridays are 9a-11a, saturdays are always different but saturday nights are generally good. Off all days sunday so I can generally fit in a game. Nights during the week can be done but my availability changes from week to week. I try to check the forum but you can text me at 614 420 1319 also. All my times are also Eastern Time. Thanks!

#2313 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

hey it looks like I'm taking over for the Cardinals, my gamertag is BillyMcDugal86. My availability to start the game are Mondays and Thursdays: 9a-10a. Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9a-10:30a and Fridays are 9a-11a, saturdays are always different but saturday nights are generally good. Off all days sunday so I can generally fit in a game. Nights during the week can be done but my availability changes from week to week. I try to check the forum but you can text me at 614 420 1319 also. All my times are also Eastern Time. Thanks!

Welcome back Mc! Up for a scrim later this evening or tomorrow before the games?

#2314 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

i didnt know. it was the first injury i had and i knew it was a problem in the other league, just trying to help

I understand. It's fine. I just really didn't want to bother with all the work they're doing to track them in the other league. I definitely don't have time for it. And for whatever reason, replacing coaches doesn't seem to be affecting us in that way anyway (see Blade's post). Maybe we just got lucky.

#2315 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

I understand. It's fine. I just really didn't want to bother with all the work they're doing to track them in the other league. I definitely don't have time for it. And for whatever reason, replacing coaches doesn't seem to be affecting us in that way anyway (see Blade's post). Maybe we just got lucky.

yeah thats fine.

#2316 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Ok, sent an invite to billymcdugal, so as soon as he accepts, we'll be full again.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2317 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

Ok, sent an invite to billymcdugal, so as soon as he accepts, we'll be full again.

That's what I like to hear.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2318 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Also, the award winners from Week 6:

NFC Offensive PotW: Robert Griffin III, WAS - 8-11, 249 yds, 3 TDs, 2 att, 31 yds, 1 TD
NFC Defensive PotW: Marcus Trufant, SEA - 3 tackles, 2 INT, 1 TD

AFC Offensive PotW: Chris Johnson, TEN - 24 att, 160 yds, 2 TDs
AFC Defensive PotW: Von Miller, DEN - 4 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD

Kinda funny how people used to complain about the myleaguemanager.net site from last year overvaluing tackles when deciding defensive PotW, when apparently the game itself seems to just base it on pick 6's, lol.

#2319 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

At least that makes more sense.

#2320 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Yeah, but I don't know if I'd say it's really weighted any better. For instance, if another player got 5 sacks in a game, would he still lose out to a guy with 1 INT, 1 TD. I'd guess yes.

#2321 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Damn...Chris Johnson wins his 2nd consecutive Offensive PotW award, and 3rd overall...and in a do-over game no less (his stats in the first game were even better). What an odd sensation. I'm almost starting to feel like I know what I'm doing with this game. I'm sure it won't last, lol. :lol:

#2322 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Especially being a pick six.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2323 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Browns-Colts should be played today at some point.

#2324 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

N8 can u take me off chuckles point of contact his account works now and im still getting pmed by people plz and thank u

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#2325 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Just so everyone is aware, Week 8 is the last week that trades can go through, and you cannot have played that weeks game. So if you are considering doing any trades this season, this is the best time to do it before it's too late.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2326 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

N8 can u take me off chuckles point of contact his account works now and im still getting pmed by people plz and thank u

Tell him to post in here and I will. He's never posted in the thread, so his name isn't easily accessible to pull a link from for PM's. It doesn't really make much sense for me to take the time to track down somebody's member page when they can't take the time to post in the thread.

Just so everyone is aware, Week 8 is the last week that trades can go through, and you cannot have played that weeks game. So if you are considering doing any trades this season, this is the best time to do it before it's too late.

Wow...so it won't even put trades through that are proposed in week 8 if one of the users has played his game? I'm guessing that's due to the bug where both users have to be online to get the trade to go through. You'd think they would have fixed that by now. Seems really inconvenient to make both people have to be online.

#2327 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Is our trade up for review again?

#2328 ballinhun8

ballinhun8

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Cowboys Trade Block -

Romo (to an extent, would package for upgrade)
F. Jones
Bryant
Jenkins
Spears
Spencer

Looking to upgrade at either S spot so feel free to send me a PM.

#2329 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Tell him to post in here and I will. He's never posted in the thread, so his name isn't easily accessible to pull a link from for PM's. It doesn't really make much sense for me to take the time to track down somebody's member page when they can't take the time to post in the thread.

Wow...so it won't even put trades through that are proposed in week 8 if one of the users has played his game? I'm guessing that's due to the bug where both users have to be online to get the trade to go through. You'd think they would have fixed that by now. Seems really inconvenient to make both people have to be online.

That's what I thought, maybe you do have to just be on at the same time. I haven't attempted having played my game cause I heard that was a bug.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2330 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Does anyone know Matsui by chance? I've been waiting for 30 mins now
Sent a pm and all. Scheduled for 10est and notta.

Edit: he just got on.

#2331 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Colts beat the Browns in a defensive blowout. not a good day for Luck but still got the win
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2332 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Does anyone know Matsui by chance? I've been waiting for 30 mins now
Sent a pm and all. Scheduled for 10est and notta.

Edit: he just got on.

Sorry wife and I were about 25 min late starting walking dead tonight and I forgot about the game!

Playing now! :)

#2333 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Sorry wife and I were about 25 min late starting walking dead tonight and I forgot about the game!

Playing now! :)

lol me to

Madden 25

#2334 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

lol me to

Life happens dude! No worries!

#2335 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Should have kept watching the Walking Dead....

38-7 at half

#2336 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Is our trade up for review again?

All proposed trades are in review again. Been a busy weekend.

#2337 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Life happens dude! No worries!

GG man

Texans crush Ravens 43-7

#2338 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

GG man

Texans crush Ravens 43-7

You to dude! I wasn't trying to run up the score at all and I hope you know that.

I seriously got lucky on defense as I have started to try new things an have recently discovered I can actually run haha rather than pass pass pass pass!

Overall great game dude! Very clean and respectful! Look forward to seein ya down the road Matsui!

#2339 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

bengals fall to the steelers

bengals put up all points in the first quarter and after that was shut down on scoring. steelers defense was tough not giving much up for foster to help take over the game got a few good pass in though but other than that Swift played some incredible defense.

GG bro cant wait to play again im hoping i can write a better story for the bengals next time

Madden 25

#2340 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

bengals fall to the steelers

bengals put up all points in the first quarter and after that was shut down on scoring. steelers defense was tough not giving much up for foster to help take over the game got a few good pass in though but other than that Swift played some incredible defense.

GG bro cant wait to play again im hoping i can write a better story for the bengals next time

That was no game we played tonight it was a freaking battle. I'd say that DVO's defense was equally effective completely stifling my offensive effort in the first half.. defensive backs making incredible plays on the ball and diving to tip passes away that seemed out of reach. I was lucky I didn't throw more than two picks as I made some very delayed reads / throws in that first half. My rushing attack was also ineffective. I believe Mendenhall's stats at the end of the first half were something like 9 rushing attempts for 10 yards.

Thankfully I was able to put together a drive in the second half and break a huge play that put me on top late in the second half. My defense came up big for me one last time and from there I was able to watch the time run out.

DVO, I can't say I am as optimistic as you for our next matchup as that alternate story seems entirely too plausible for my liking. ;)