Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#2521 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports'] I just don't want to take in a new person that we have to consider moving out right away anyway.
QUOTE]

What did you mean by this got me confused. Lol

#2522 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Anyway we can exten to tomorrow? I just now for in from Orlando and I'm at to beat to play tonight. Plus I still haven't heard from my opponent...

yeah can we hold off until i can play my game, i missed ballinhun, he didnt send me a pm so i didnt see his post until an hour after he posted it and he wasnt online anymore. I wont be able to play my game until tomorrow night though.

I'd be more inclined to extend the deadline if there were actual times scheduled for the games. But something should have been arranged before the day of the deadline to anyway. I said numerous times to let me know if you haven't heard from your opponent and I'd switch him to auto pilot. As it is, we could wait till tomorrow, and you guys still not get the games played.

What did you mean by this got me confused. Lol

All it meant was that I thought your record and history in that league better (meaning that if you were really on the fringe of having success in the other league, you really didn't need to move down here). But based on what you posted, I don't have a problem adding you to the waiting list. I just thought I had remembered you winning a division or two last year.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2523 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Wow...nevermind. Just looked, and there are FIVE games that didn't get played. I guess that makes an extra day almost mandatory. I would like some explanations though. This is the second week in a row that Flyerfan hasn't played his game. What's going on here?

#2524 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Wow...nevermind. Just looked, and there are FIVE games that didn't get played. I guess that makes an extra day almost mandatory. I would like some explanations though. This is the second week in a row that Flyerfan hasn't played his game. What's going on here?

I messaged Lexxon earlier and told him that he can play the CPU if he was free tonight since I could switch to autopilot but couldn't play a full game, but he never got back to me. I do have a small window of time tomorrow to start a game (5:30-6:30; as long as I'm done by 7:45) so I'll message him in the morning and see what's up.

Obviously he was in the hurricane radius so I imagine that's the issue, but hopefully he'll reply soon.

#2525 Shortz

Shortz

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

id like to join if anything opens up

gt turftalk510
email charvey510@gmail.com

#2526 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm going to play the saints tonight even if it is the cpu. I've messaged him and and haven't heard back and like i said he hasn't been on xbox since 10/27

#2527 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

I was stuck in Florida due to Sandy and didn't make it until late last night...

I have tried to reach out to the Browns owner, fsecreast, twice and he has not responded if you has not respond by 5 pm can I please play the computer?

#2528 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

I messaged Lexxon earlier and told him that he can play the CPU if he was free tonight since I could switch to autopilot but couldn't play a full game, but he never got back to me. I do have a small window of time tomorrow to start a game (5:30-6:30; as long as I'm done by 7:45) so I'll message him in the morning and see what's up.

Obviously he was in the hurricane radius so I imagine that's the issue, but hopefully he'll reply soon.

Hurricane was not directly an issue although it was a bit of a distraction, for sure. I've just done a poor job scheduling the game this week.

I can try to be around that time, will send in a PM as well. You sent your latest PM around midnight so I was definitely asleep.

#2529 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Edited by Flyersfan, 01 November 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#2530 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Ravens v Browns tonight at 10:30

#2531 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

We were in constant communication about when we could play our game it just didn't work out. Nobody's fault or anything just bad timing.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2532 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

All it meant was that I thought your record and history in that league better (meaning that if you were really on the fringe of having success in the other league, you really didn't need to move down here). But based on what you posted, I don't have a problem adding you to the waiting list. I just thought I had remembered you winning a division or two last year.

I can compete with some people and win. But I just get blow out by some people like 40-7. It's frustrating sometimes. I just wanna be somewere where I can make a good playoff run.

#2533 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Ok...well, a lot of odd explanations, but whatever. We'll chalk this one up to Halloween/Sandy. Extending the deadline is not going to be a common thing though. 4 days is plenty of time to play one game, and all extending the deadline does is limit how many seasons we can play.

I will say though...one more time...

1. Contact your opponent BEFORE the day of the deadline.

2. If you don't have a time scheduled to play your opponent or haven't heard from them at all by the day of the deadline, POST in here and tell me that. When it's the day of the deadline, it's completely appropriate to ask that your opponent be put on auto pilot.

If people don't speak up, there's no way for me to know what's going on. And if I don't know what's going on, games are going to be simmed. We really gotta work together on this.

#2534 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Browns game will be played tonight at 1030 EST

#2535 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Ok...well, a lot of odd explanations, but whatever. We'll chalk this one up to Halloween/Sandy. Extending the deadline is not going to be a common thing though. 4 days is plenty of time to play one game, and all extending the deadline does is limit how many seasons we can play.

I will say though...one more time...

1. Contact your opponent BEFORE the day of the deadline.

2. If you don't have a time scheduled to play your opponent or haven't heard from them at all by the day of the deadline, POST in here and tell me that. When it's the day of the deadline, it's completely appropriate to ask that your opponent be put on auto pilot.

If people don't speak up, there's no way for me to know what's going on. And if I don't know what's going on, games are going to be simmed. We really gotta work together on this.

At this point in the league I'd think we can just sim whatever games aren't played yet and tough cookies if you needed an extra day. It isn't that hard to schedule games in advance, just be proactive and look ahead. I'm already in the process of scheduling the next game I have, and with the league list and times they are available being in the first post I'd think simming whatever games haven't been played is a no brainer.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#2536 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

At this point in the league I'd think we can just sim whatever games aren't played yet and tough cookies if you needed an extra day. It isn't that hard to schedule games in advance, just be proactive and look ahead. I'm already in the process of scheduling the next game I have, and with the league list and times they are available being in the first post I'd think simming whatever games haven't been played is a no brainer.

agreed i always try to get my next game scheduled the day before we adavance like me and the bills are all ready talking about when we will play.

#2537 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

chuckles isnt on auto. if he could get put on auto i'll get the game done tonight, provided its shortly, otherwise it can just be simmed

#2538 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

chuckles isnt on auto. if he could get put on auto i'll get the game done tonight, provided its shortly, otherwise it can just be simmed

I'll try to get to it in the next hour. I didn't bother with it last night because you said simming it was fine and that you didn't feel like playing the CPU.

#2539 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'll try to get to it in the next hour. I didn't bother with it last night because you said simming it was fine and that you didn't feel like playing the CPU.

Is this DVO's friend that people have had a hard time tracking down and messaging?

#2540 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Is this DVO's friend that people have had a hard time tracking down and messaging?

yes it is and he needs to be kicked from the league and have the guys from the waiting list join becuz more than likely they will more than likely be alot better for this league

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#2541 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

I would just like to point out that I was very open about being stuck in Orlando due to Sandy etc

#2542 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

I actually just thought that I'd kick him out, and see if he ever comes in here to post and ask what happened, lol. I'll look into replacing him tomorrow. I've got too much going on tonight to worry with it.

EDIT - So fucking annoying that I have to exit out of the game I was playing to do this. Make it a feature on your website, you fucking piece of shit "#1 Video Game Developer"!

Edited by n8rockerasu, 02 November 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#2543 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

I would just like to point out that I was very open about being stuck in Orlando due to Sandy etc

I hear you. But really, all that means is that your opponent should have been requesting to play your CPU yesterday.

#2544 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

I actually just thought that I'd kick him out, and see if he ever comes in here to post and ask what happened, lol. I'll look into replacing him tomorrow. I've got too much going on tonight to worry with it.

EDIT - So fucking annoying that I have to exit out of the game I was playing to do this. Make it a feature on your website, you fucking piece of shit "#1 Video Game Developer"!

EA Sports. It's in the game. Except if it's not. Maybe we'll get to it.

#2545 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

EA Sports. It's in the game. Except if it's not. Maybe we'll get to it.

Yeah, in addition to their phantom app that never happened, I thought Madden was supposed to have Smartglass integration too (based on all the advertising I've seen). But I tried it yesterday and there's nothing. Should have figured.

#2546 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

maybe the offical league should be called the game testing league 1 and the gentlemans league should be called the game testing league 2 and have ea sports read all our complaints lol

Madden 25

#2547 fsecreast

fsecreast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Online now. WV Matsui should be on soon to play hopefully. Sorry guys, he was stuck in a hurricane and I was moving into a new apartment.

#2548 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

maybe the offical league should be called the game testing league 1 and the gentlemans league should be called the game testing league 2 and have ea sports read all our complaints lol

I dunno, DVO. I think they'd have to halt production after the designers all have emotional breakdowns from being berated by Nate for the 500th time. :lol:

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#2549 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I dunno, DVO. I think they'd have to halt production after the designers all have emotional breakdowns from being berated by Nate for the 500th time. :lol:

Hey, I can't take all the credit. There are a lot of people here who have contributed to all the new assholes that EA has had ripped. But until you've heckled them on their Facebook page, you're just an amateur. I even got a response one time of "Thanks for the feedback." EA. Always keeping it classy.

#2550 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

lol 500th think ur missing a few zeros ;)

Madden 25