Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#3301 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

The Chiefs finally got back to winning football, beating division rivalries handily at home. Several sacks and forced turnovers helped KC to a 31-7 victory over the Chargers.

Having freshly inked a new deal Dwayne Bowe broke 100 yards receiving for the second time this season. Charles struggled again but found the end zone twice and new starting QB Ricky Stanzi made big passwes when it counted, though he overthrew Jon Baldwin on what would have been a guaranteed touchdown.

GG JoelyPoley - I had to win sooner or later! Running the opening kickoff in for a quick 7 was awesome and like I said, my defense was stout. Not sure what clicked but I'm glad it finally did.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#3302 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Are we good to advance?

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#3303 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Heh, don't chalk yourself up at 0-5 yet. I did lose to bv of all people ;) and you do have Tebow...so...

I put Tebow in tonight for 2 plays. I believe the result was a negative 2-yard run and an INT. He was quickly taken out. I've sort of given up on developing him at all, but if the game is out of reach you might see him!

You sure have a lot of rules questions this season for one of the guys who's in charge of the rules. ;)

That's why I got you guys. I do keep up with the thread, but I just so happen to skip town in the middle of that conversation so I never saw the end of it.

#3304 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

This is my biggest problem. I'm hoping to right the ship with a new QB tonight.

Sanchez is not even that bad once I built up some of his medium throw. 86 short, 86 medium. It's the deep ball (73) that hurts him. Not that I should be looking deep with this offense anyway, but that's where I see those 1 on 1s.

Having 0 run game doesn't help either. Hey, this sounds a lot like the real Jets.

#3305 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Great game between the Giants and Eagles. Vonta Leach and Brandon Jacobs are fitting in nicely.

Pitfall was playing great with Eli but I held onto the ball for 14:11 with 225 rushing yards and 3 rushing td's and Desean Jackson followed up a Punt Return Touchdown with a Kick Return Touchdown.

Eli was throwing some crazy streak route with Nicks that seemed like a glitch just cause Nahmdi and my safety were completely burnt. Not sure how he did that.

Anyways, 38-28 was the final score, good game Pitfall, looking forward to future ones.

Eagles go to 2-2 with the Steelers and Lions coming up next.
MurdaModeLV

#3306 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Ok here's my official Free Agent post:

Team: Panthers
Player Added: Karl Klug (DT)
Player Dropped: Ron Edwards (DT)

Edited by MasterAwesome, 02 October 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#3307 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for wrapping up early guys, congrats on our first early advance of the year! Since the puppy woke me up in the middle of the night (as they do) I'll go ahead and advance us now. Deadline will still be Friday, though of course I wouldn't mind going Thursday if everyone finishes.

Edit: My math sucks in the middle of the night, go figure. Deadline is Thursday, that's 3 full days.

Edited by bvharris, 02 October 2012 - 09:12 AM.

33126.png

#3308 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

god damn bye week.... how do u change a players scheme

#3309 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

god damn bye week.... how do u change a players scheme

I don't think you can change a player's scheme, but you can change the scheme your team looks for at each position under the Strategy section in-game. That will help you identify which players will be good for that scheme.

33126.png

#3310 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Just sent out some of Tebow's key stats for a potential trade, and he's not too bad. The problem is all his accuracy lines are in the mid/low 70s, but he's got trucking + stiff arm in the 80s. 81 speed, 90 acceleration. I need to work this guy in!

#3311 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

The problem is all his accuracy lines are in the mid/low 70s

That strikes me as a rather significant problem. ;)

33126.png

#3312 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

That strikes me as a rather significant problem. ;)

But pretty easy to fix through XP! At least to get him to the 80s. I'm really thinking about dedicating myself to working on his accuracy this year, and have a true dual threat for next season. Who knows...

#3313 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

did my practice this morning and sat Gabbert on the bench. He seemed to get the point.

Jags 34 Bears 31
Gabbert gets 211 yards passing 3 tds and a perfect qb rating, that should get the coach off his back for another week

great game Zurezo

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#3314 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Blockbuster trade brewing in New Jersey...

#3315 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Blockbuster trade brewing in New Jersey...

omg wuts with all these trades. ;)

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3316 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

I came across this and thought it was some good knowledge to have. Here is a breakdown of how the clutch trait works:

Spoiler

ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#3317 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

add to waiting list
cag and xbl are the same he just joined the site cant post till thursday
xoCHUCKLESox

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3318 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I came across this and thought it was some good knowledge to have. Here is a breakdown of how the clutch trait works:

Spoiler

Jon Baldwin is obviously missing this trait or I would be 2-2 and tied for first in the AFC West :roll:
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#3319 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

add to waiting list
cag and xbl are the same he just joined the site cant post till thursday
xoCHUCKLESox

Alright.

33126.png

#3320 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

:hot: BREAKING NEWS :hot:

Deal stuck between the New York Jets and San Diego Chargers. The key players in the deal will see Phillip Rivers in green and Antonio Cromartie returning to San Diego. Rumor has it, a AFC East rival was in play for Rivers so this may turn into quite the coup for NY. Details to come for approval...

#3321 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

So I have Whitehurst as a backup QB and I hate him. Obviously nobody wants him or wants him involved in a trade. Is there a way I can swap him out for another backup QB? Or am I forced to wait until the next FA period and waste my pick on a backup QB instead of someone who might actually help my team?

#3322 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

:hot: BREAKING NEWS :hot:

Deal stuck between the New York Jets and San Diego Chargers. The key players in the deal will see Phillip Rivers in green and Antonio Cromartie returning to San Diego. Rumor has it, a AFC East rival was in play for Rivers so this may turn into quite the coup for NY. Details to come for approval...

Contract info and all that junk will be submitted after I get home from work in a few hours.

#3323 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

So I have Whitehurst as a backup QB and I hate him. Obviously nobody wants him or wants him involved in a trade. Is there a way I can swap him out for another backup QB? Or am I forced to wait until the next FA period and waste my pick on a backup QB instead of someone who might actually help my team?

You've got to wait, though you could also wait and sign someone else in the offseason when it's unlimited.

33126.png

#3324 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

You've got to wait, though you could also wait and sign someone else in the offseason when it's unlimited.

I thought so. I'll probably just hold off until the offseason.

#3325 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Eagles Vs. Steelers should go down at 10:30 pm Eastern tonight.
MurdaModeLV

#3326 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Pats-Broncos tomorrow night. I finally get to see what it's like to play against the New England Madden Juggernaut.

33126.png

#3327 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Contract info and all that junk will be submitted after I get home from work in a few hours.

Same for me. I realize it's not readibly available online, but the deal so everyone knows is...

Jets send:
Tim Tebow, QB (80 OVR)
Antonio Cromartie, CB (88 OVR)

Chargers send:
Phillip Rivers, QB (88 OVR)
Shareece Wright, CB (69 OVR)

#3328 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Cromartie's rating keeps going up. I thought he was an 86 lol

Edit: also Uber chose Wright over Ghilchrist (72 ovr) because Wright is a better man coverage guy. So dont let that rating throw you off.

#3329 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Spoiler

You would think they would include this in their manual instead of sending us on a scavenger hunt.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#3330 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

You think this would be something they would include in their manual instead of sending us on a scavenger hunt.

You'd think a lot of things... :cry:

33126.png