Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#3871 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Massive, huge-ass blockbuster trade alert:

Denver Broncos
QB Peyton Manning (90 OVR) -36 - 5 years remaining - $17.0M 2012
TE Jacob Tamme (80 OVR) - 27 - 3 years remaining - $2.5M 2012
CB Tony Carter (69 OVR) - 26 - 1 year remaining - $610K 2012

for:

Cleveland Browns
CB Joe Haden (91 OVR) - 23 - 3 years remaining - $7.67M 2012
QB Brandon Weeden (76 OVR) - 28 - 4 years remaining - $1.65M 2012
TE Alex Smith (71 OVR) - 30 - 1 year remaining - $850K 2012

If the deal goes through, the Broncos will bring the Manning era to a sudden end, showing their faith on rookie Brock Osweiler while also adding a huge piece to their secondary. Cleveland finally finds their QB answer in Manning, while also bringing along one of his favorite receiving options.

And this is why trading is getting old and stupid

#3872 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yea I hate trades and when its a superstar like manning or even when someone trades one of their higher rated players it just makes in worse.

#3873 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

No offense man, but it seems like your only participation in the thread anymore is just to pop in here once a week to make essentially this same comment. I get that you don't like trading, but many of us find it fun. Little asides like this really aren't constructive. If you have a more substantive point to make on the topic, by all means make it.

Yea I hate trades and when its a superstar like manning or even when someone trades one of their higher rated players it just makes in worse.

Posted Image

33126.png

#3874 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Posted Image[/QUOTE]

this is pretty funny lol

#3875 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

No offense man, but it seems like your only participation in the thread anymore is just to pop in here once a week to make essentially this same comment. I get that you don't like trading, but many of us find it fun. Little asides like this really aren't constructive. If you have a more substantive point to make on the topic, by all means make it.

Posted Image

Fiar enough and my forum time has decreased by a ton since I started grad school. I love this league and playing with all you guys! I enjoy it because we all play like the "real" NFL and I dont have to deal with any of the BS with other madden players.

I think trading is fun, but I thought the entire point of the league was to be accurate with everything (like last season with traded draft picks) but its getting to the point now where by next season most of the teams will look completely different. It wont keep me from playing, but if we let trades happen at this rate we should just open up the FA pool.

I know I might be in the minority, but its how I feel. I like playing as the Bears vs. The Packers, but not if the Packers starting QB is someone other than Aaron Rodgers. It loses some of the magic of playing Madden.

Also, Bears vs. Lions is going down tomorrow night.

#3876 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Not everyone loves trades, I get that. You're not the only one, and you're certainly entitled to that opinion.

But I don't personally feel that the league got any less fun last season as many of the teams started to resemble their real-life components less and less. Playing GM can be just as rewarding as playing coach, and for a lot of people it's actually even more fun. And really, if we wanted to keep the same teams we might as well just play 5 1-season franchises instead of 1 5-season one, right? ;)

33126.png

#3877 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

this is pretty funny lol

I mean, when the guy who's made more trades than anyone is saying he hates trades, you've got to at least hope there's a touch of irony. :D

33126.png

#3878 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Tanabeo humor

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#3879 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

I mean, when the guy who's made more trades than anyone is saying he hates trades, you've got to at least hope there's a touch of irony. :D

Your thinking of dvo;)

#3880 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Your thinking of dvo;)

only 3 come on lol

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3881 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

only 3 come on lol

And how many that didn't go through or you backed out of....

White for Blackmon lets try again

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#3882 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

or you backed out of....

Now your thinking of widow, man everyone is getting people mixed up.

#3883 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

ive only made 3 trades now offers thats another story lol

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3884 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

make sure its Fantasy if it isnt I want OKC lol

hey hey hey... slow ur roll guy...

#3885 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

who's got Carolina and who have they traded so far???

#3886 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

who's got Carolina and who have they traded so far???

MA and nobody

#3887 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

MA and nobody

nice... hope he's doing them justice

#3888 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Bucs vs Saints kick off at 6:30 cant wait to kick off my season hope i can get the bucs a win as im 0-5 lol

#3889 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

nice... hope he's doing them justice

5-0 last time I checked.

#3890 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

This is banned. We have been explicitly clear on this several times in the thread. It is also in the rules.

Blade, you have a warning. Next time it's a strike. Don't do it again.

Is squib kicking in general banned? On the previous kick he had just ran a it back for a TD. There was like 11 seconds left in the half and he was getting the ball back. Sorry to be so late in responding to this. I just thought altering the trajectory of a squib was banned. I thought you could just kick it straight which is what I did. If you cant do it at all this won't happen again. This is just the way I thought the rule was.

EDIT: I just read the rules, and I believe I followed them correctly. I think it's going to be hard to establish if someone did or did not angle the kick. I did not angle anything other then default. I think it still bounced off to the side though which I had no control over.

I also believe it was an appropriate time to call for it.

Just read his original post and want to say I called time out to switch to a squib cause I figure it would really suck for him to run it back again with only a few seconds left. My intention wasn't to try and score but to prevent him from scoring.

Sorry if it looked bad, that was never my intent. But considering I was getting nowhere, I was trying to limit the blowout.

Edited by Blade3D, 09 October 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3891 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

Bucs vs Saints kick off at 6:30 cant wait to kick off my season hope i can get the bucs a win as im 0-5 lol

I don't wanna beat up on the new guy.... But Brees is gonna beat up on the new guy... Gotta get some wins with the saints in this madden league because I am not seeing any in real life!!

#3892 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Is squib kicking in general banned? On the previous kick he had just ran a it back for a TD. There was like 11 seconds left in the half and he was getting the ball back. Sorry to be so late in responding to this. I just thought altering the trajectory of a squib was banned. I thought you could just kick it straight which is what I did. If you cant do it at all this won't happen again. This is just the way I thought the rule was.

EDIT: I just read the rules, and I believe I followed them correctly. I think it's going to be hard to establish if someone did or did not angle the kick. I did not angle anything other then default. I think it still bounced off to the side though which I had no control over.

I also believe it was an appropriate time to call for it.

Just read his original post and want to say I called time out to switch to a squib cause I figure it would really suck for him to run it back again with only a few seconds left. My intention wasn't to try and score but to prevent him from scoring.

Sorry if it looked bad, that was never my intent. But considering I was getting nowhere, I was trying to limit the blowout.

There is a couple things wrong with this. First, if your intention was to prevent me from scoring, and you knew people were having a problem with people taking advantage of squibs, why wouldn't you just kneel it and run out the clock after you "accidentally" recovered it? Secondly, you are claiming your entire strategy for calling the timeout and calling the squib is because i had taken the previous kickoff back for a touchdown.....All i have to ask is on which kickoff? You got the ball to start the game and then did that squib after your only field goal. So during that time, when was there a kickoff to me? My kick return was on the kickoff after half, and honestly i remember it very clearly because i wanted to hold the ball out to celebrate and dive in the end zone because i was pissed about how you went about that squib. I had self control and didn't, but i remember very clearly that i wanted to. So yeah, your entire squib strategy/excuse was based on something that had not happened yet.....

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals

#3893 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

I don't wanna beat up on the new guy.... But Brees is gonna beat up on the new guy... Gotta get some wins with the saints in this madden league because I am not seeing any in real life!!

good luck.....ha just kidding cant wait for are game.

#3894 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

good luck.....ha just kidding cant wait for are game.

Our game*

(sorry new guy)
Posted Image

#3895 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Massive, huge-ass blockbuster trade alert:

Denver Broncos
QB Peyton Manning (90 OVR) -36 - 5 years remaining - $17.0M 2012
TE Jacob Tamme (80 OVR) - 27 - 3 years remaining - $2.5M 2012
CB Tony Carter (69 OVR) - 26 - 1 year remaining - $610K 2012

for:

Cleveland Browns
CB Joe Haden (91 OVR) - 23 - 3 years remaining - $7.67M 2012
QB Brandon Weeden (76 OVR) - 28 - 4 years remaining - $1.65M 2012
TE Alex Smith (71 OVR) - 30 - 1 year remaining - $850K 2012

If the deal goes through, the Broncos will bring the Manning era to a sudden end, showing their faith on rookie Brock Osweiler while also adding a huge piece to their secondary. Cleveland finally finds their QB answer in Manning, while also bringing along one of his favorite receiving options.

I know I am late on this, but do the Cleveland Browns realize that Manning will probably retire in a year and Joe Haden will go on to become a 99 overall CB? Leaving them with no starting quality QB and no top CB lol.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#3896 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I know I am late on this, but do the Cleveland Browns realize that Manning will probably retire in a year and Joe Haden will go on to become a 99 overall CB? Leaving them with no starting quality QB and no top CB lol.

Lol I agree poley this is crazy.

#3897 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

People tried to make the same argument last year when Brady was traded and it wasn't true then either. Manning is 36 not 50. He's got a 5 year deal. There is no evidence whatsoever that he will probably retire "in a year."

I'm in year 3 of my offline franchise and Manning's not on Football Night in America yet. Dammed ageists in here lol

#3898 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

reskins
2nd rd pick 2013 and 2nd pick 2015 if this is even allowed
for
fs louis delmas 83 ovr i believe .... soon as i get home ill post his correct age and money info

Trade Approved

33126.png

#3899 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Trade Approved

i dont wanna do this trade anymore... lol jk.... can u put the 2015 pick in the op so i dont forget bout it

#3900 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

i dont wanna do this trade anymore... lol jk.... can u put the 2015 pick in the op so i dont forget bout it

You can include the picks when you make the deal, so you'll have the pick already when 2015 rolls around. Just make sure you select the right year on the pick.

33126.png