Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#3961 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

sweet

We'll see. Hopefully SaintsRow gets back to me and he's cool with it.

33126.png

#3962 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

We'll see. Hopefully SaintsRow gets back to me and he's cool with it.

Ahh communication...such a novel concept.

#3963 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Holy shit. You guys know the sections of the franchise website that have been marked as "coming soon" and we all assumed that meant Madden 14? They're here! Color me amazed. :D

I've yet to go through all the new features, but at the very least we can FINALLY access the rosters of other teams through the site. Hallelujah!

33126.png

#3964 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

maybe now xfn will work

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3965 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

maybe now xfn will work

Looks like they've got stats now, so it's a definite possibility. We'll keep tabs on it, though if he does set it up I'm sure it'll take some time (he's just one guy running that site after all).

I know the actual game statlines have been bugged though (things in the wrong columns, etc) so hopefully they fixed that as well.

33126.png

#3966 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I may have jumped the gun.. Unless I'm missing it (which is possible) you still can't see the attributes of players on other teams.

33126.png

#3967 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

I may have jumped the gun.. Unless I'm missing it (which is possible) you still can't see the attributes of players on other teams.

Yeah you can see the player but not the attributes. I was trying to find info on a certain QB, no luck. Maybe tonight!

#3968 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Yeah you can see the player but not the attributes. I was trying to find info on a certain QB, no luck. Maybe tonight!

They just can never quite seem to get out of their own way, can they? :roll:

33126.png

#3969 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Haven't heard back from the Browns yet, so I'm leaning towards simming this game since we know the Colts won't be able to play until 11PM anyway (and there's no guarantee that the two could make it work then). He said he's fine with a sim, so I think that's the best solution.

Edit: Just heard from SaintsRow, he's fine with a sim. We'll be advancing after I get home, probably at about 5:45.

33126.png

#3970 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

We've advanced. Colts and Bears win the sims. Deadline will be Saturday night.

33126.png

#3971 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Jets-Dolphins Part II getting done either late tonight or tomorrow, but more or less scheduled! Once again, will the Jets get their first W of the season!??

#3972 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Jets-Dolphins Part II getting done either late tonight or tomorrow, but more or less scheduled! Once again, will the Jets get their first W of the season!??

Quest For 1-7! :D

33126.png

#3973 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

I just noticed there's no in game music tracks.

#3974 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

If Tanabeo can get off early we will play tonight.

#3975 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

eagles vs falcons going down at 8 central

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#3976 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Broncos-Saints going down at 9:30ish. Will the Osweiler era begin in tragedy or triumph?

33126.png

#3977 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Vikings and whoever I am playing going down at 8:00 PM central.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#3978 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Vikings and whoever I am playing going down at 8:00 PM central.

that would be the bucs

#3979 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Bye week going down at 12 am

CAGFL: (187-31)

#3980 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Bye week going down at 12 am

sounds like a good game lol

#3981 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Ahhhhhhhhh so frustrated I just let Brock osweiler beat me...

Broncos beat saints 45 33

Those 2 dropped passes on my last drive killed me!!
And so did your two kick return tds..

Very hard to pass against your corners.
Can't believe Tracy porter is your nickel back.

I was most pissed at your last td when D Thomas mossed Patrick Robinson in the end zone, if I stopped you there I woulda been golden

It's crazy how the wind changed the outcome of that game lol

Gg bv

#3982 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

I was most pissed at your last td when D Thomas mossed Patrick Robinson in the end zone, if I stopped you there I woulda been golden

It's crazy how the wind changed the outcome of that game lol

Gg bv

That was an insane catch by Thomas, that's why I love him. Dude is a beast.

And yeah, the wind was insane. 17MPH straight downfield, I've never had to gameplan that much for it before. You could tell when I called that timeout on 3rd down at the end of the 3rd quarter just in case I didn't get it and had to kick a FG.

It was an awesome game, doing my full write-up now. :D

Edited by bvharris, 11 October 2012 - 01:41 AM.

33126.png

#3983 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Denver Broncos 45 - New Orleans Saints 33

Well, this one certainly isn't going to win any beauty pageants... In a game featuring long runs, long bombs, 5 turnovers, 2 special teams TDs, and a goal line stand, it's safe to say this game had it all. The tone was set early when both Sproles and McFadden took their first carries of the game for 80 yard scores. Things didn't really slow down much from there.

For the first half, Brock Osweiler looked like he belonged nowhere near a football field. He couldn't hit anything, even little screens I gave him to try to get him going. Along with a pick, his first half performance was just abysmal. I seriously considered bringing in Weeden, but I stuck with Osweiler and it paid off bigtime when he came alive in the 2nd half. His final stats were 8-16 for 183 yards, 3TDs and 1 INT.

Brees was 16 of 33 for 270 yards, 3TDs and 3 INTs.

McFadden carried 10 times for 135 yards and a TD, but also coughed up an early fumble.

Sproles had an insane 12 carries for 208 yards and a TD. He did put the ball on the ground a couple times, but the Saints recovered one and the other the Broncos got but it was called back due to roughing the passer.

Thomas had 3 catches for 88 yards and a TD (on a beautiful deep ball when he outjumped his defender in the endzone), while Decker added 2 for 60 and a TD. Caldwell converted his one catch for a 22-yard TD (more on him in a minute).

Devery Henderson had 5 catches for 115 yards and all 3 TDs, while Graham added 6 catches for 110 yards.

For the first time all season, the Broncos got absolutely no pass rush, but they did get picks from Porter, Haden and Leonhard.

The Saints got a pick from DT Brocrick Bunkley dropping into coverage, and also forced and recovered a fumble. They also stuffed the Broncos on 2 straight goal line plays (including one on 4th down) to keep from going down 10 points early. I think I'd still go for it again though, seeing how high the score ended up. Might have called a better play than two dives though.

The unquestioned star of the game was definitely Andre Caldwell, who took on a larger role in the offense with the departure of Tamme, converting his one catch for a TD but more importantly he returned 2 kickoffs for touchdowns (and nearly broke a third). Definitely the difference in the game.

---
gg neworlbush! I hope this defensive performance isn't indicative of what my guys will do going forward, but you do have a very very good offense. :D

33126.png

#3984 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

That was an insane catch by Thomas, that's why I love him. Dude is a beast.

And yeah, the wind was insane. 17MPH straight downfield, I've never had to gameplan that much for it before. You could tell when I called that timeout on 3rd down at the end of the 3rd quarter just in case I didn't get it and has to kick a FG.

It was an awesome game, doing my full write-up now. :D

Remember when I was gonna punt but kicked but called a TO and kicked that fg!?!? I came out to punt and on the screen it said the wind was at my back 17 mph... So I called a TO put Hartley out there and it was about 5 yards short. That really screwed me cuz it gave you the ball at your 45 instead of your 10/20 and took a to from me

#3985 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Remember when I was gonna punt but kicked but called a TO and kicked that fg!?!? I came out to punt and on the screen it said the wind was at my back 17 mph... So I called a TO put Hartley out there and it was about 5 yards short. That really screwed me cuz it gave you the ball at your 45 instead of your 10/20 and took a to from me

The wind icon is glitched, it points the opposite direction from what the wind is blowing. That bug was there for all Madden 12 too, at least for me. I just assumed everyone knew that by now. :cry:

33126.png

#3986 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Denver Broncos 45 - New Orleans Saints 33

Well, this one certainly isn't going to win any beauty pageants... In a game featuring long runs, long bombs, 5 turnovers, 2 special teams TDs, and a goal line stand, it's safe to say this game had it all. The tone was set early when both Sproles and McFadden took their first carries of the game for 80 yard scores. Things didn't really slow down much from there.

For the first half, Brock Osweiler looked like he belonged nowhere near a football field. He couldn't hit anything, even little screens I gave him to try to get him going. Along with a pick, his first half performance was just abysmal. I seriously considered bringing in Weeden, but I stuck with Osweiler and it paid off bigtime when he came alive in the 2nd half. His final stats were 8-16 for 183 yards, 3TDs and 1 INT.

Brees was 16 of 33 for 270 yards, 3TDs and 3 INTs.

McFadden carried 10 times for 135 yards and a TD, but also coughed up an early fumble.

Sproles had an insane 12 carries for 208 yards and a TD. He did put the ball on the ground a couple times, but the Saints recovered one and the other the Broncos got but it was called back due to roughing the passer.

Thomas had 3 catches for 88 yards and a TD (on a beautiful deep ball when he outjumped his defender in the endzone), while Decker added 2 for 60 and a TD. Caldwell converted his one catch for a 22-yard TD (more on him in a minute).

Devery Henderson had 5 catches for 115 yards and all 3 TDs, while Graham added 6 catches for 110 yards.

For the first time all season, the Broncos got absolutely no pass rush, but they did get picks from Porter, Haden and Leonhard.

The Saints got a pick from DT Brocrick Bunkley dropping into coverage, and also forced and recovered a fumble. They also stuffed the Broncos on 2 straight goal line plays (including one on 4th down) to keep from going down 10 points early. I think I'd still go for it again though, seeing how high the score ended up. Might have called a better play than two dives though.

The unquestioned star of the game was definitely Andre Caldwell, who took on a larger role in the offense with the departure of Tamme, converting his one catch for a TD but more importantly he returned 2 kickoffs for touchdowns (and nearly broke a third). Definitely the difference in the game.

---
gg neworlbush! I hope this defensive performance isn't indicative of what my guys will do going forward, but you do have a very very good offense. :D

Nice write up and good game. Hope to see you down the road and not in 4 years.. Which would have to be the SB... (Wishful thinking)

#3987 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Nice write up and good game. Hope to see you down the road and not in 4 years.. Which would have to be the SB... (Wishful thinking)

I'd love that.

Leave some of your offensive weapons at home though. You have no idea how many times I doubled Jimmy Graham and he caught it anyway. ;)

33126.png

#3988 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

just had a close game with Blade 27-20 Bucs. moving me to 2-5 : )

#3989 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

just had a close game with Blade 27-20 Bucs. moving me to 2-5 : )

Magical playoff run brewing? ;)

33126.png

#3990 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Was just looking up the receiving stats to see how Thomas is doing and damn, Cru, Randy Moss is having himself a season. :D

Thomas definitely looks ticketed for an AFC Pro Bowl spot if he can stay healthy though.

33126.png