Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#4111 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm not sure why so many of you are all bent out of shape about the trade cap. First, as BV proved, not much has changed. Second, no one is forcing you to make a trade.

I've never looked at this as a sim league when it comes to how people run their team, just the rules. If that were the case no trades would ever be made. Is anyone in here going to trade Brandon Marshall for two 3rds? How about DeMeco Ryans for a 4th rounder. Stop whining. If you want to devalue your players and start trading like a real GM, do it. People will be lined up at the door. You wanted to trade Mario Williams, right? He's got a monster contract so I'll give you 2 3rds? Sound good?

i get what ur saying completely.... i havnt complained about any trades that i can remember also wasnt against the haden trade even tho the browns are taken a risk on manning.... this trade for vincent jackson is by far the worst trade ive seen yet.... now i will admit even tho others may not theres a bit of jealousy that bvs getting all thesr big name players for basically nothing.... but u could get more back then tracy portrr for vincent jackson....

#4112 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm not sure why so many of you are all bent out of shape about the trade cap. First, as BV proved, not much has changed. Second, no one is forcing you to make a trade.

I've never looked at this as a sim league when it comes to how people run their team, just the rules. If that were the case no trades would ever be made. Is anyone in here going to trade Brandon Marshall for two 3rds? How about DeMeco Ryans for a 4th rounder. Stop whining. If you want to devalue your players and start trading like a real GM, do it. People will be lined up at the door. You wanted to trade Mario Williams, right? He's got a monster contract so I'll give you 2 3rds? Sound good?

Relax bruh, I'm entitled to my $.02. I'm more of a football traditionalist and these trades kinda sour the whole thing for me. I HATE fantasy leagues and I feel like were pretty close to getting to that. I'd placed Mario on the block because I believe the Bills over paid for him and I would've only moved him for something substantial in return (franchise QB/ top 10 draft pick etc.)

But please don't feel like its your responsibility to keep me from "whining" I'll express myself however I see fit.

#4113 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Trade Alert me and BV the broncos

BRONCOS Receive
Vincent Jackson WR- age 29- ovr 89- contract 5 years 2012-8.32m 2013-9.31m 2014-10.61m 2015-12.29m 2016-14.47m for total of 55m
Anthony Gaitor CB-age 23- ovr 70- contract 2 years 2012-480k 2013-520k for total of 1.00m

Bucs Receive
Tracy Porter CB-age 26- ovr 77- contract 1 year 2012-4.00m
Andre Caldwell WR-age 27- ovr- 78- contract 2 years 2012-900k 2013-900k for total of 1.8m
Julius Thomas TE- age 24- ovr 66- contract 2 years 2012-480k 2013-590k for total of 1.8m

i need some help in me secondary if i want any chance at turning this team around and thomas and caldwell give me some Receiving Options

just wanted to throw out a little more detail on why i wanted to make this trade. all i have for TE is dallas clark and i use a two TE formation alot so that will help because Thomas is a Receiver type TE and young and i play a lot of man cov not zone and i only have one man cov CB so porter will help out a lot and Caldwell will be the bonus in this trade for me.

#4114 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

i get what ur saying completely.... i havnt complained about any trades that i can remember also wasnt against the haden trade even tho the browns are taken a risk on manning.... this trade for vincent jackson is by far the worst trade ive seen yet.... now i will admit even tho others may not theres a bit of jealousy that bvs getting all thesr big name players for basically nothing.... but u could get more back then tracy portrr for vincent jackson....

Then people should offer an explanation not whine about something that isn't needed. If people would be constructive, something would get done. Just because a player has a name doesn't mean he is that good. The opposite is true as well. Porter is a pretty damn good CB and honestly overall's do not matter anymore (they change with every team a player is on), you have to look at individual attributes.

I don't get the jealousy/hate BV for being a good GM thing, but that isn't important. What is important is adding something to the conversation (like Sprice just did) rather than posting empty complaints that do nothing for the league.

Relax bruh, I'm entitled to my $.02. I'm more of a football traditionalist and these trades kinda sour the whole thing for me. I HATE fantasy leagues and I feel like were pretty close to getting to that. I'd placed Mario on the block because I believe the Bills over paid for him and I would've only moved him for something substantial in return (franchise QB/ top 10 draft pick etc.)

But please don't feel like its your responsibility to keep me from "whining" I'll express myself however I see fit.

Prime example. Of course you can say whatever you want, just don't expect anyone to listen when all you say is 'we need a trade cap' and don't add any examples/opinions to back it up. If you would have said this in the first place I would have supported your statement because I basically feel the same way.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4115 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Lmao ^^This guy...

#4116 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

just wanted to throw out a little more detail on why i wanted to make this trade. all i have for TE is dallas clark and i use a two TE formation alot so that will help because Thomas is a Receiver type TE and young and i play a lot of man cov not zone and i only have one man cov CB so porter will help out a lot and Caldwell will be the bonus in this trade for me.

out of curiosity did u even attempt to find a better trade offer...

#4117 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Lmao ^^This guy...

And then you do this. :roll:

Anyway - the trade committee is open to suggestions. If someone feels like we should be evaluating trades differently, we're all ears.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4118 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Since I've been in a Madden CAG League (Madden 10) I've always been in the minority on the trading. I hate it when people blow up teams, a completely personal preference. I couldn't care less that BV has a "superstar" team, I just hate seeing Vick on the Cardinals/Roddy White on the Pats/Adrian Peterson traded etc.

The trade cap isn't my beef at all, I'm against unrealistic trades in general, cap or not. I was just as irritated by all the moves last year as well. If i had it my way, trading would be limited and "superstars" would be protected from trades in-season.

#4119 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

And then you do this. :roll:

Anyway - the trade committee is open to suggestions. If someone feels like we should be evaluating trades differently, we're all ears.

It's funny because you're so far from understanding where I stand on this but you continue to whine about me whining. Does it hurt your feelings that some people don't like the unrealistic movement of players during the season in Madden?

#4120 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

what i mean by the jealousy is last yr i thought bv could make all the trades he did for superstars cause the oats were stacked.... some of his back ups were better then my starters he was so stacked... now with the broncos hes gotten haden bold move replacing manning with a rookie i think but now vincent jackson to ... okay overalls dont matter but is tracy porter enough to pick up the slack of defense that ur best offensive weapon will be leaving... im not angry at bv i just wish i could trade dirt for treasure to

#4121 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Since I've been in a Madden CAG League (Madden 10) I've always been in the minority on the trading. I hate it when people blow up teams, a completely personal preference. I couldn't care less that BV has a "superstar" team, I just hate seeing Vick on the Cardinals/Roddy White on the Pats/Adrian Peterson traded etc.

The trade cap isn't my beef at all, I'm against unrealistic trades in general, cap or not. I was just as irritated by all the moves last year as well. If i had it my way, trading would be limited and "superstars" would be protected from trades in-season.

Then say that the first time so the trade group can improve.

It's funny because you're so far from understanding where I stand on this but you continue to whine about me whining. Does it hurt your feelings that some people don't like the unrealistic movement of players during the season in Madden?

How is formulating an opinion about what you said whining? You put together half a sentence bitching about something BV proved you wrong about less than a page ago. All I was asking for is constructive criticism so the trade committee can get better. Again, I understand what you are saying and I AGREE WITH YOU, but putting together half a sentence and then saying 'derp derp this guy is an idiot' doesn't help your case either.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4122 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

i agree with sprice if anyone else would of pulled that deal that trade would of been declined in a heartbeat.

sprice dont forget the mark shanchez deal

not to mentioned all these trades are being done with new members except for the shanchez deal

#4123 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

It was meant to be an anecdote....I wasn't lobbying to have anything changed or I would've done so.

I know the trading isn't going to change anytime soon. I was acknowledging the amount of trades that occured since that statement. But for some reason, you felt my comment had to be addressed.

#4124 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

okay overalls dont matter but is tracy porter enough to pick up the slack of defense that ur best offensive weapon will be leaving... im not angry at bv i just wish i could trade dirt for treasure to

Tracy Porter really isn't dirt though. If he were, I wouldn't have been getting requests on him all year. He's a young, high-speed, high-man cover corner, exactly the type of guy everyone craps their pants over to get. I'm not saying he's equal to Jackson obviously, but that's why there are other players in the deal.

I offered him DJ Williams, who is ridiculous in this game and I think is a better overall player than Porter. Porter was the guy he wanted. I can't tell him what guys to want.

i agree with sprice if anyone else would of pulled that deal that trade would of been declined in a heartbeat.

You would know how silly this was if you were a fly on the wall of the trade committee. My trades produce more discussion and dissension that anybody elses by a pretty significant margin. For the 1000th time, I also don't get to vote on them.

This trade hasn't even been approved yet and there's no guarantee it will be. We don't approve or decline any trades "in a heartbeart."

33126.png

#4125 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

its the amount of blockbusters you pulled off in a matter of 2-3 days, VC, Haden, Shanchez, McCluster, etc

#4126 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

I was acknowledging the amount of trades that occured since that statement.

I had a feeling that would happen once I reminded people the trade deadline was next week. It's only natural people want to take the last chance to improve their team this season.

33126.png

#4127 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

its the amount of blockbusters you pulled off in a matter of 2-3 days, VC, Haden, Shanchez, McCluster, etc

Are you legitimately claiming that a backup QB and Kansas City's 5th WR are blockbusters?
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4128 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm not sure what your point is. What does the volume have to do with anything? 3 of the 4 players you cited aren't even on my team yet, those trades haven't been approved.

If anything, it just speaks to the fact that I have more time to bullshit around coming up with Madden trades than everyone else in the league. Guilty as charged there. :D

33126.png

#4129 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

i just joined as this team its not like i have the most time and i like this trade.

#4130 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'm not sure what your point is. What does the volume have to do with anything? 3 of the 4 players you cited aren't even on my team yet, those trades haven't been approved.

If anything, it just speaks to the fact that I have more time to bullshit around coming up with Madden trades than everyone else in the league. Guilty as charged there. :D

That may be true lol just remember the road to the Superbowl goes throu BALTIMORE!!!! :D

My point is the amount of deals that happen with big names is why everyone is adding their 2 cents

#4131 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

That may be true lol just remember the road to the Superbowl goes throu BALTIMORE!!!! :D

I know it's sad to admit, but I don't really think about the Super Bowl. I'd like to win it of course, but the bottom line is while I'm definitely good at Madden I'm not as good as guys like you, sprice or Doom.

I like to compete and play the games of course, but playing GM and working trades with people is honestly more fun for me than trying to win a championship. I like building up my team, even if I never win anything. I never even made the Super Bowl with the Pats, and that team was much more stacked than this one can ever hope to be.

No one would blame Doom for being better at running the ball than pretty much anybody, it just so happens that my talent is working the phones. :lol:

33126.png

#4132 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

not to mention i use broncos online a few time and porter is beast u need to look at more then just ovr his man is high 93 speed the guy is good.

#4133 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I know it's sad to admit, but I don't really think about the Super Bowl. I'd like to win it of course, but the bottom line is while I'm definitely good at Madden I'm not as good as guys like you, sprice or Doom.

I like to compete and play the games of course, but playing GM and working trades with people is honestly more fun for me than trying to win a championship. I like building up my team, even if I never win anything. I never even made the Super Bowl with the Pats, and that team was much more stacked than this one can ever hope to be.

No one would blame Doom for being better at running the ball than pretty much anybody, it just so happens that my talent is working the phones. :lol:

I am sure you could win one....The key to me winning is keeping my turnovers down I have thrown 8 pics with flacco and 4 came against dooms defense :drool: I was lucky to win that game

#4134 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I am sure you could win one....The key to me winning is keeping my turnovers down I have thrown 8 pics with flacco and 4 came against dooms defense :drool: I was lucky to win that game

I don't actually turn the ball over much. I have a bit more this year, but in Madden 12 I threw fewer picks than anybody.

It's not that I can't beat the elite players, I probably have one of the better regular season records against Doom (still well under .500 mind you), and I beat him this year. Still 0-for-the playoffs against him though. Last year I beat Sprice with my backups. I just always seem to choke come playoff time. 8-)

33126.png

#4135 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

i just joined as this team its not like i have the most time and i like this trade.

were grown men u do what u want but in my opinion which does not matter because its ur team u can get better players for jackson.... my last input on this

#4136 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

I don't actually turn the ball over much. I have a bit more this year, but in Madden 12 I threw fewer picks than anybody.

It's not that I can't beat the elite players, I probably have one of the better regular season records against Doom (still well under .500 mind you), and I beat him this year. Still 0-for-the playoffs against him though. Last year I beat Sprice with my backups. I just always seem to choke come playoff time. 8-)

Playoffs are tuff I choked every year in Madden 12 I couldnt beat sprice when it mattered for some reason lol This time around I am going to focus on my running game from madden 11 thats my whole point to bringing in Green to help Rice out and play tuff phy D. Thats 2000 RAVENS FOOTBALL!!!

#4137 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

still sore about that game... it was my first rain.game to lol wrs kept falling

#4138 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Playoffs are tuff I choked every year in Madden 12 I couldnt beat sprice when it mattered for some reason lol This time around I am going to focus on my running game from madden 11 thats my whole point to bringing in Green to help Rice out and play tuff phy D. Thats 2000 RAVENS FOOTBALL!!!

u couldnt beat me cause u fucking suck at madden!

#4139 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

still sore about that game... it was my first rain.game to lol wrs kept falling

Every game was a rain game in New England in Madden 12. By the end it really did become something of an advantage for me since I was so used to it.

You merely adopted the rain. I was born in it. :lol:

33126.png

#4140 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

were grown men u do what u want but in my opinion which does not matter because its ur team u can get better players for jackson.... my last input on this

Like I said I offered him DJ Williams, but you can't fault him for wanting Porter.

I think if you took a closer look at Porter's attributes you'd find a bit more value in him. Just from having used him 7 games, I can tell you he's a great cover corner and ball hawk. Just ask Doom, Porter picked him off 3 times. :D

33126.png