Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#4231 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Ok so here is what me and Chetty did to test this out
First, i picked the Pats and he picked the Steelers. I planned on trading him Welker and 2 nobodies for Wallace and Mendenhall. With Welker i did not try to negotiate with him at all. With Mendenhal Chetty ended his negotians with him. Wallace for whatever reason would not show up for him anywhere to resign, so he could not deny or negotiate with him.
After the trade we simulated to the resign period before free agency. He was able to negotiate/franchise tag Welker. Wallace I was able to negotiate/franchise tag. But Mendenhall who he ended negotians with, did not show up whatsoever on the resign screen so i could not franchise or resign him. So what i would try to find out is what the Steelers owner did with Wallace before he traded him.

#4232 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

does anyone want to play a game for fun?

#4233 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Chiefs get:
QB Brandon Weeden - 76 OVR (from Broncos)
WR Greg Orton - 63 OVR (from Broncos)

Jets get:
QB Ricky Stanzi - 67 OVR (from Chiefs)
4th round pick (from Broncos)

Broncos get:
WR Dexter McCluster - 72 OVR (from Chiefs)
QB Mark Sanchez - 80 OVR (from Jets)

This Trade is APPROVED.
Posted Image

#4234 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

This Trade is APPROVED.

wow first 3 way and its approved.

#4235 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

i feel like this whole online career shit is too much compared to last years online franchise. they just added so much so fast and made it so complex. you think theyd gradually make it a better instead of throwing it all together like it seems they did

#4236 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

i feel like this whole online career shit is too much compared to last years online franchise. they just added so much so fast and made it so complex. you think theyd gradually make it a better instead of throwing it all together like it seems they did

its awesome but it is alot... as we get used to it just like when thwy added all the extra contols in 2005 will enjoy it... im happy with where there goin

#4237 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

its awesome but it is alot... as we get used to it just like when thwy added all the extra contols in 2005 will enjoy it... im happy with where there goin

+1.

I'd rather they add too much and put the extra time in figuring it out then for them to keep lowballing it and not doing enough.

#4238 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

+1.

I'd rather they add too much and put the extra time in figuring it out then for them to keep lowballing it and not doing enough.

this is true.

#4239 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Yea i guess add it all at once n fix it for next year right

#4240 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Ok so here is what me and Chetty did to test this out
First, i picked the Pats and he picked the Steelers. I planned on trading him Welker and 2 nobodies for Wallace and Mendenhall. With Welker i did not try to negotiate with him at all. With Mendenhal Chetty ended his negotians with him. Wallace for whatever reason would not show up for him anywhere to resign, so he could not deny or negotiate with him.
After the trade we simulated to the resign period before free agency. He was able to negotiate/franchise tag Welker. Wallace I was able to negotiate/franchise tag. But Mendenhall who he ended negotians with, did not show up whatsoever on the resign screen so i could not franchise or resign him. So what i would try to find out is what the Steelers owner did with Wallace before he traded him.

So, basically...if an owner pissed off a player to the point where he decides he wants to test free agency, the player keeps that stance with his new team as well, lol. That's a horrible bug, but kind of funny. "Yeah...Fuck you...AND my new coach!"

#4241 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Looks like the last two games are sims unfortunately, so I'll advance us now.

33126.png

#4242 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

trade deadline passed, cant put thru trades...what should we do?

#4243 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

So, basically...if an owner pissed off a player to the point where he decides he wants to test free agency, the player keeps that stance with his new team as well, lol. That's a horrible bug, but kind of funny. "Yeah...Fuck you...AND my new coach!"

ha yup thats what happens...

#4244 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

i hope you can beacise i have 2 trades waiting. and i think you can still do them as long as the teams dont play there game before the trade.

#4245 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I just noticed that too. Apparently "week 9" for them means the beginning of week 9.

I can change the setting though, and since it looks like something already wiped all injuries (not even sure what at this point) there won't be any harm in me turning it off for the week and then back on.

Edit: Nope, apparently even if you change the setting it doesn't do anything. Honestly, Madden, go Fuck yourself.

33126.png

#4246 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

^nah, trade players is locked

#4247 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I just noticed that too. Apparently "week 9" for them means the beginning of week 9.

I can change the setting though, and since it looks like something already wiped all injuries (not even sure what at this point) there won't be any harm in me turning it off for the week and then back on.

oh i see that to now.

#4248 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

word, we should just hold off playing any games, sort out all these trades, then continue...just a thought

#4249 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Welp, really nothing to be done. Fucking terrible game design strikes again.

33126.png

#4250 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

word, we should just hold off playing any games, sort out all these trades, then continue...just a thought

well that would only apply to the teams in the trade.

#4251 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

AP...nooooooooooooooooooooo

#4252 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

The only viable workaround would be to allow the remaining trades via cuts, but obviously that screws up the contract situations something fierce. It's possible to do it that way, but I'm not sure it's ideal.

33126.png

#4253 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

ha yup thats what happens...

Hmm...the only thing I'm confused about is Wallace. You said he WASN'T available for the Steelers to negotiate with at all (like he just had no interest in resigning), but then when he was traded to the Pats, you were able to negotiate with him? Unless I misread that, that's the only thing that's throwing me off...like it's just random if players are happy about their situation and want to continue playing there or not.

Edit: Nope, apparently even if you change the setting it doesn't do anything. Honestly, Madden, go Fuck yourself.

Noted.

Thank you for going first. ;)

#4254 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

well that would only apply to the teams in the trade.

basically the whole league

#4255 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Noted.

No problem. ;)

Week 9 deadline translates to Week 8 deadline. Pretty easy mistake to make, fair play EA. :roll:

33126.png

#4256 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

No problem. ;)

Week 9 deadline translates to Week 8 deadline. Pretty easy mistake to make, fair play EA. :roll:

Not surprised. Honest to God, in the early release, I could have sworn they had it listed as Week 6...because that's what I initially had in my settings list when I was getting ready to create the league. Now, obviously, I could have just misread it. But at this point, I think EA is less reliable than I am, lol.

#4257 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

The only viable workaround would be to allow the remaining trades via cuts, but obviously that screws up the contract situations something fierce. It's possible to do it that way, but I'm not sure it's ideal.

this sucks...i guess that works, not sure everyone would want to do that tho. maybe we could just make it optional. i donno i know for me cutting clements and tate and signing harvin wouldnt be too bad. theres alot of big names in all these trades though, lotta $$. and you can only sign FA to one year deals right?

#4258 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

this sucks...i guess that works, not sure everyone would want to do that tho. maybe we could just make it optional. i donno i know for me cutting clements and tate and signing harvin wouldnt be too bad. theres alot of big names in all these trades though, lotta $$. and you can only sign FA to one year deals right?

Yes. We'd probably need to make a special allowance to permit people exclusivity to re-sign those players in the offseason (assuming they can't re-up them before then) to the same-length of deal.

There's no sugar coating it, doing it that way could be incredibly messy.

33126.png

#4259 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Not surprised. Honest to God, in the early release, I could have sworn they had it listed as Week 6...because that's what I initially had in my settings list when I was getting ready to create the league. Now, obviously, I could have just misread it. But at this point, I think EA is less reliable than I am, lol.

the real nfl voted to push it back along with adding the injured reserve/designated to return list just before the season started or in late august, must of been part of the update

#4260 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hmm...the only thing I'm confused about is Wallace. You said he WASN'T available for the Steelers to negotiate with at all (like he just had no interest in resigning), but then when he was traded to the Pats, you were able to negotiate with him? Unless I misread that, that's the only thing that's throwing me off...like it's just random if players are happy about their situation and want to continue playing there or not.

Noted.

For whatever reason, idk if its a glitch or not. But with the Steelers it didn't let me negotiate with him or anything. When he was traded to the pats, in season he still was not available to be negotiated with. But when we got to the resign period at the end of the year he popped up. Idk if this was just a glitch for us, or if something with him holding out in real life made Madden screw it up.