Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#4261 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'll discuss what to do with the committee. I'd suggest if you're involved in a deal, you hold off on playing your game until we sort this out.

Obviously I'd like everyone else's opinions as well.

33126.png

#4262 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

From an outsider's opinion, if I were you guys, I wouldn't mess with the contracts. That's just going to screw up way too much. There are going to be cap penalties and all kinds of other things that will limit the amount of money the team can spend the following season. Not to mention, then you have all these big name players who all of a sudden need contracts. It sucks that you'd lose these trades, but I don't think it's worth compromising the integrity of the financial system for. I think I'd just chalk it up to "EA happens" (and where I say "EA", I mean "shit"), and save the trades for the offseason if people still want to do them.

#4263 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

well this sucks lol

#4264 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

From an outsider's opinion, if I were you guys, I wouldn't mess with the contracts. That's just going to screw up way too much. There are going to be cap penalties and all kinds of other things that will limit the amount of money the team can spend the following season. Not to mention, then you have all these big name players who all of a sudden need contracts. It sucks that you'd lose these trades, but I don't think it's worth compromising the integrity of the financial system for. I think I'd just chalk it up to "EA happens" (and where I say "EA", I mean "shit"), and save the trades for the offseason if people still want to do them.

I'm leaning that way as well, though it sucks for the guys who have trades approved but haven't yet processed them. Also for the people who submitted trades on time but haven't had them improved. Obviously, I'm in both groups. :D

FWIW, the cap penalties should be the same as usual. Since the trading team already takes the bonus as a cap penalty in a deal, the result of cutting the player would be exactly the same. So the only real impact financially is with regards to the contracts.

33126.png

#4265 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'll discuss what to do with the committee. I'd suggest if you're involved in a deal, you hold off on playing your game until we sort this out.

Obviously I'd like everyone else's opinions as well.

aright...donno bout u bv but i dont have work tomorrow so i'll be up later if you wanna play our game after we sort this shit out...

#4266 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Now that it's over I suppose we can laugh about it. DVO was in discussion with me about acquiring Victor Cruz. He said he wanted to run 5 wide with Cruz, Gonzalez, Wallace, Jones, and White. Sadly, we couldn't get it worked out, but I would have liked to seen the aftermath, both on the field and in the thread.

#4267 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

the real nfl voted to push it back along with adding the injured reserve/designated to return list just before the season started or in late august, must of been part of the update

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for making me feel better. At least I haven't lost my mind completely, haha.

For whatever reason, idk if its a glitch or not. But with the Steelers it didn't let me negotiate with him or anything. When he was traded to the pats, in season he still was not available to be negotiated with. But when we got to the resign period at the end of the year he popped up. Idk if this was just a glitch for us, or if something with him holding out in real life made Madden screw it up.

Yeah, that makes it a bit unpredictabie to me. I'd hate to tell people it ONLY happens if you've angered the player into testing free agency, and then find out that wasn't true. Basically, if you're trying to acquire a player in the last year of his deal, the possibility of having to franchise him or get in a bidding war for him should at least be in the back of your mind.

#4268 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

aright...donno bout u bv but i dont have work tomorrow so i'll be up later if you wanna play our game after we sort this shit out...

I'd prefer to get this sorted first, and I doubt we'll figure it out tonight. Unless for some reason you can't play later in the week, I'd just assume wait. As always, my schedule is very easy. :D

33126.png

#4269 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

im all for putting the trades thru with cuts, as long as both owners agree to it. we would have to sort something out in regards to resigning them. but wont we have a chance to resign them at some point in the season? has anybody been able to negotiate with the FA they picked up during the FA period? i havent been able to negotiate with andre carter, not yet at least...

#4270 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

if we went the droping them to free agent route wouldnt not matter if we played are game??

#4271 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

I'd prefer to get this sorted first, and I doubt we'll figure it out tonight. Unless for some reason you can't play later in the week, I'd just assume wait. As always, my schedule is very easy. :D

nah i should be around tomorrow, and monday night as well so whatever works. i want to sort it out first too, i need harvin against joe haden and champ bailey...

#4272 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

I'm leaning that way as well, though it sucks for the guys who have trades approved but haven't yet processed them. Also for the people who submitted trades on time but haven't had them improved. Obviously, I'm in both groups. :D

FWIW, the cap penalties should be the same as usual. Since the trading team already takes the bonus as a cap penalty in a deal, the result of cutting the player would be exactly the same. So the only real impact financially is with regards to the contracts.

I guess the issue then would be trading for a player who you think has a multi-year deal, and instead, you're getting him with a 1 year contract, that you have to try to renew, in addition to any other expiring contracts you may have. And with Madden's logic, who knows if the player would even accept a comparable deal to the one he had. It's just...yikes! What a mess, lol.

#4273 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

im all for putting the trades thru with cuts, as long as both owners agree to it. we would have to sort something out in regards to resigning them. but wont we have a chance to resign them at some point in the season? has anybody been able to negotiate with the FA they picked up during the FA period? i havent been able to negotiate with andre carter, not yet at least...

you can only negotiate a free agent at the end of the year.

#4274 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Now that it's over I suppose we can laugh about it. DVO was in discussion with me about acquiring Victor Cruz. He said he wanted to run 5 wide with Cruz, Gonzalez, Wallace, Jones, and White. Sadly, we couldn't get it worked out, but I would have liked to seen the aftermath, both on the field and in the thread.

:applause: Gotta love DVO. Just gotta love him.

Related to that, I'd prefer nobody submit any new trades at this point and we just sort out the ones we already have.

Giving people the option while not making it mandatory is certainly an option as well. Obviously both owners would have to agree to it.

if we went the droping them to free agent route wouldnt not matter if we played are game??

Yes, it would matter since I don't think guys can play two games in one week. If you absolutely can't play any other time, go ahead, but I'd suggest waiting.

33126.png

#4275 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

I guess the issue then would be trading for a player who you think has a multi-year deal, and instead, you're getting him with a 1 year contract, that you have to try to renew, in addition to any other expiring contracts you may have. And with Madden's logic, who knows if the player would even accept a comparable deal to the one he had. It's just...yikes! What a mess, lol.

Could be a huge mess, no doubt. Obviously we'd give that team every chance of re-signing the guy to a contract of the same length (including saying nobody else can bid on them if they hit full-FA), but like you said, with Madden logic there's no guarantee. It's a huge risk any way you slice it.

33126.png

#4276 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

:applause: Gotta love DVO. Just gotta love him.

Related to that, I'd prefer nobody submit any new trades at this point and we just sort out the ones we already have.

Giving people the option while not making it mandatory is certainly an option as well. Obviously both owners would have to agree to it.

Yes, it would matter since I don't think guys can play two games in one week. If you absolutely can't play any other time, go ahead, but I'd suggest waiting.

alright.

#4277 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

yea that would suck for me, instead of getting percy harvin with 2 years left at like 2 or 3mill, id have to resign him right away. and him being young and good hes gonna want a lot more than that...

#4278 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

yea that would suck for me, instead of getting percy harvin with 2 years left at like 2 or 3mill, id have to resign him right away. and him being young and good hes gonna want a lot more than that...

That's the other problem. You won't have any way of knowing what the guy will ask for, even in his initial 1-year FA deal, until he's been cut. By then it's too late to back out.

33126.png

#4279 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

That's the other problem. You won't have any way of knowing what the guy will ask for, even in his initial 1-year FA deal, until he's been cut. By then it's too late to back out.

yup, so someone with not a lot of cap room might get screwed big time. so for instance if i had just enough or just a couple million wiggle room to take on percy harvin initially thru a legit trade, but then when i go to sign him after blade cuts him he wants 8mil, im screwed. so ive cut the player i was trading for harvin, and cant sign harvin. thats worst case scenario for someone.

just an example that wouldnt happen in my situation i dont think

#4280 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'd rather wait til the offseason but my trade was a salary dump for next season anyway. But it sounds like that may be our best bet for all these deals.

#4281 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

I'd rather wait til the offseason but my trade was a salary dump for next season anyway. But it sounds like that may be our best bet for all these deals.

I plan on waiting as well, at least on that trade. Hopefully staticz is cool with that (he was the only one getting a starter in the deal after all).

33126.png

#4282 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

it sucks cause i really needed and wanted porter this season but whatever the commitee decides is best. this whole situation is crazy.

#4283 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

I think it could work case by case. I could very easily cut Greene and mog can send me those picks in the offseason for a placeholder player. Greene was recently resigned but he's cheap so mog can probably resign him easily/cheaply.

#4284 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

it would work for mine and chetty trade to cause they are 1 year or cheap contracts

#4285 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

that would be a decent idea to do it case by case

#4286 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

man this probowl vote is bullshit staffords got the best stats in the nfc

#4287 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Wow, that's cool that you can get updates on the vote!

Tracy Porter = leading AFC vote getter at CB. Suck on that, trade committee. ;)

Edit: But yeah, some of the votes seem a bit screwed up. Seems Eli's only qualification to be the leading vote getter at QB is that he has the most yards...

33126.png

#4288 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

LOL. Eli is crushing the QB competition. I don't get that.

If my trade for Peterson had went through, I would've had a QB, a RB, a WR, and a TE among the leading vote-getters.

#4289 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

If my trade for Peterson had went through, I would've had a QB, a RB, a WR, and a TE among the leading vote-getters.

I'm leaning towards letting people decide on a case-by-case basis whether they want to risk the cut-and-sign method. Obviously both owners would have to be fully on board.

33126.png

#4290 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

I'm leaning towards letting people decide on a case-by-case basis whether they want to risk the cut-and-sign method. Obviously both owners would have to be fully on board.

when will we know if you decide to do it case by case or ir if its not allowed. and the trade that were proposed before that have not been approved or denied yet any idea on when that will happen???