Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#4561 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Who was getting the ball in the 2nd half?

I'd be more pissed about not running the clock out at the end of the game then going for it on 4th and 1.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4562 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

4th and 1 in the 1st quarter in your own territory you punt the ball. 21 points isn't insurmountable, especially when the guy is 6-3.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4563 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Saints 35, Failclowns 21.

1. Ok... I Got the ball to start the game. I THREW 3 PICKS ON MY FIRST DRIVES that turned into 3 TDs for the Falcons. I then had a 4th and 1 at the 50 yd line..

Your telling me Sean Payton isnt going to go for it on 4th and 1 at the 50 AGAINST his biggest rival IN THE SUPERDOME!!
I knew you would blitz so i threw a playaction to my FB who took it to the house. I needed a big play to boost my momentum and that was it.

I dont think you should be pissed about that. I shut you out for the rest of the game.
It is obvious who is the better player because if you take away the 3 picks that i threw in the 1st quarter (that were bonehead throws) I would have beat you 35-0...

2. I had the ball on Falcons about 15 with about 1:40 left and he had no timeouts. Yes, I could have kneed it. Honestly, i hate when ppl knee the ball against me. And I hate kneeing the ball. And it is easy as hell to run against you because you dont play defense, Sproles went in without being touched. It should take into account that it was against the Saints biggest rival, in the Superdome

Edited by neworlbush25, 18 October 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#4564 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Well let BV and Uber weigh in. If you really aren't sure in those types of situations, pause the game and ask the forum.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#4565 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

i did but no one repsoned i posted in the 1st quarter

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#4566 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Dude you were winning 21-0...

He was trying to turn it around! I have watched WV do it 3 or 4 times this season... Is it really uncommon?

You were down similarly and didn't go for it in our game? Why not? Shouldn't you have tried to 'swing the momentum'

Like Doom said (btw doom it wasn't Superstar, it was a newer guy) the commish team will make the final decision. Let's be realistic here. Down 21-0 in the 1st quarter with a 4 & 1 in your own territory 99% of NFL coaches will punt the ball.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4567 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

It should take into account that it was against the Saints biggest rival, in the Superdome, on a Monday night game...

I didn't know we took that into consideration...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4568 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

he scored on his 4th and 1 play on a i formation pa pass play and after he did that i was so mad that i couldnt focus at first i saw he was taking his time picking a play and was thinking theres no way hes going to actually go for it hes on his own 43.

and im known for a good early start and a terrible ending in most of my games so ya im pretty pissed about it i always start off strong most people that have played me many times know i always start strong and seem to fall apart at the end i jsut cant help it

How about don't post in the forums during the game, and concentrate on picking better plays?

It was a 53 yd TD catch by my FB who was wide open.. It was too easy to predict what your defense was going to do.. So i was on my own 47 yard line.

#4569 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

1. Ok... I Got the ball to start the game. I THREW 3 PICKS ON MY FIRST DRIVES that turned into 3 TDs for the Falcons. I then had a 4th and 1 at the 50 yd line..

Your telling me Sean Payton isnt going to go for it on 4th and 1 at the 50 AGAINST his biggest rival IN THE SUPERDOME!!
I knew you would blitz so i threw a playaction to my FB who took it to the house. I needed a big play to boost my momentum and that was it.

I dont think you should be pissed about that. I shut you out for the rest of the game.
It is obvious who is the better player because if you take away the 3 picks that i threw in the 1st quarter (that were bonehead throws) I would have beat you 35-0...

2. I had the ball on Falcons about 15 with about 1:40 left and he had no timeouts. Yes, I could have kneed it. Honestly, i hate when ppl knee the ball against me. And I hate kneeing the ball. And it is easy as hell to run against you because you dont play defense, Sproles went in without being touched. It should take into account that it was against the Saints biggest rival, in the Superdome, on a Monday night game...

and this is why he doesnt belong hes a douche

Madden 25

#4570 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

I didn't know we took that into consideration...

Lol.. Just had to add it in;)

#4571 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

You were down similarly and didn't go for it in our game? Why not? Shouldn't you have tried to 'swing the momentum'

Like Doom said (btw doom it wasn't Superstar, it was a newer guy) the commish team will make the final decision. Let's be realistic here. Down 21-0 in the 1st quarter with a 4 & 1 in your own territory 99% of NFL coaches will punt the ball.

This damn board is what worries me! I wanted to go for it badly but didn't cuz of this bullshit backlash

#4572 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

and this is why he doesnt belong hes a douche

That I can agree with. Kind of an asshole reply.

Doomtime1.png

#4573 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

I think it is completly warranted considering DVO coming out and calling me a douche and saying I don't belong here.

I could have left out comparing our skill levels but I felt like adding it because he already called me a douche

#4574 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

2. I had the ball on Falcons about 15 with about 1:40 left and he had no timeouts. Yes, I could have kneed it. Honestly, i hate when ppl knee the ball against me. And I hate kneeing the ball. And it is easy as hell to run against you because you dont play defense, Sproles went in without being touched. It should take into account that it was against the Saints biggest rival, in the Superdome, on a Monday night game...

How about don't post in the forums during the game, and concentrate on picking better plays?

It was a 53 yd TD catch by my FB who was wide open.. It was too easy to predict what your defense was going to do.. So i was on my own 47 yard line.

I would like to point you here - League Rules

Specifically rule 1, 1a, 2b.

1- Stop being an asshole
1a - Kneel the damn ball
2b - If you're going to go for it be ready to defend it.

This damn board is what worries me! I wanted to go for it badly but didn't cuz of this bullshit backlash

I get that, but you gotta expect something like this would get discussed especially if you win the game after being down by 21.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4575 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

agreed

#4576 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Rubbing it in isn't the point of this league. This is a friendly league with no money on the line. Don't like kneeling? Tough shit, kneel it anyway.

It's Madden, weird stuff happens even against guys that aren't as skilled. It happens in real football too.

And he wouldn't have called you a douche had you knelt the ball at the end of game. Common sense.

Doomtime1.png

#4577 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

True Staticz but I haven't even come within 21 points of a team yet! :lol:

#4578 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

I was not trying to be an asshole at all. Im not going to punt you the ball with the chance to go up 28-0..

Yes I should have kneed the ball and will do so from now on.

And i didnt start to be an asshole with my replys and original writeup until DVO attacked me like that

#4579 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

When dad gets home, you're grounded.

Doomtime1.png

#4580 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

When dad gets home, you're grounded.

:lol:

#4581 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

True Staticz but I haven't even come within 21 points of a team yet! :lol:

League is rough this year. I thought the Chiefs would be a step up from the Seahawks....nope.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#4582 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

well if ur so good at defense compared to me then why were u so worried then. i started the game with 3 picks my defense must be decent enough u can call them bonehead throws but i put the pressure on u to make thoughs throughs. all u did was change up ur game and it worked but i wouldnt say our skill level is to much different considering that fact that if u wouldnt have broke league rules u might have still won but the point is u had to break them to win. plus i would say its pretty easy to run the ball with a guy like sproles u took it to the outside must of the game ran right past them then took it up field no real talent there. its called madden speed

Madden 25

#4583 Man2008

Man2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Gp ninja cru just called me and said he will be online in 20 mins

#4584 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Panthers 21 - Broncos 17

Pretty evenly matched game, lots defense played by both sides. MA just made a few more plays when he had to.

Did I miss anything? ;)

33126.png

#4585 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Bengals beat the Giants 24-21 on a last second FG.

GG, bseti. I think my offense played decently against your D.

#4586 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Bengals win 24-21 over the giants. Great game pitfall. He stuffed me on the goalline right at the half. I took the risk n went for it with no timeouts didnt get it done. Not quite as sad as brady's intentional grounding but close. Nugent kicked the game winning chip shot as time expired.

#4587 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

4th and 1 in the 1st quarter in your own territory you punt the ball. 21 points isn't insurmountable, especially when the guy is 6-3.

To be honest, I don't think it's a completely indefensible 4th down call. He's down big and he took a gamble (especially after being stuffed on 3rd and inches). I might have gone for it there as well, or tried a fake punt like Doom suggested. The idea is to arrest some of the momentum, and considering DVO acknowledged that's exactly what it accomplished, it seems like it was a smart tactical move.

The standard for going for it on 4th has always been that you should be able to defend the decision in the thread. I really don't think this one was that terrible, though I'd like to hear what fero and uber think about it as well.

now 2 TDs 143 left zero timeouts left he runs it in for a touchdown should have taken a knee but hes a douche im prolly going to quit before time runs out

neworlbush, do you acknowledge doing this?

33126.png

#4588 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

i would say yes bv

Madden 25

#4589 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

just lost to the chargers thats fine w.e but the only thing that bugged me is he used the same cheap draw with tebow 12 times oh well if he has fun playing that way im happy for him, you win some you lose some.

No offense, but you've won every game since you've joined this league, and the fact that you follow up your very first loss with grousing about it doesn't make the strongest impression. Just something to consider.

I don't appreciate being called out on the forum like this when I played a fair game. I don't think there is anyone here who has had a problem with way I've played all season. The only QB running plays in the skins playbook are draws to the left or right and 12 runs from Tebow should be expected. It's not like he is an air it out QB. I didn't even run the ball once on a designed passing play.

Nothing wrong with the way he's playing from what I can see. I had to deal with the same thing against Cam Newton, and it's ridiculously frustrating to stop (since the AI plays it like braindead morons even if they've seen it a half dozen times in the game) but I don't think it's especially cheap. You've got to expect runs when you're playing against a running QB. It's a gimmick offense, but I don't think it's unfair or anything.

33126.png

#4590 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Why did it quote me in bvs post? lol
Posted ImagePosted Image