Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#5011 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Texans v. Titans should be going down soon.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#5012 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

im just curious to know whats gonig to happen if someone else has a simliar game such as they just had and someone quits then its just a bunch of he did this and no i didnt with no proof of anything. i understand that people are alot better than others and we cant just be like punt the ball on first becuz ur lead is so big then the fun stops for the guys that are really good. its just hard to say what could happen in the future fro ma rage quit leaving no proof for someone to defend what they did or didnt do to cause the rage quit in this type of situation

We're going to address each situation on its own like we always have, that's really all we can do. The other commissioners and I have all played more than enough Madden to recognize running up the score when we see it. When it's happened in the past, we've always dealt with it. Which we'll continue to do in the future.

Rage quitting is never the answer, partially because if you do that you're not going to be able to prove what you said happened did happen, as you point out. ubernes knows that better than anyone, and obviously he didn't set a very good example. Knowing him as I do, I'm sure if he does decide to stay he's going to give himself a strike for doing it. But I definitely don't expect to have much sympathy if anyone tries a "well, uber did it" excuse.

33126.png

#5013 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

Come on Uber, you gotta at least see what happens in year 2.

Doomtime1.png

#5014 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

Come on Uber, you gotta at least see what happens in year 2.

TBD. Flying out of town in 5 hours, we'll see if I bump into Sean Payton on the streets of New Orleans and maybe he can give me a pep talk.

#5015 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

my friend wants on the waiting list his name cag name: jrbnw013, xbox live name: jrbnw013

#5016 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Texans Cruise 42-7 Over Titans

Arian Foster 29 att 230 yds 5 TDs
Andre Johnson 3 rec 97 yds 1 TD

Jared Cook 3 rec 98 yds 1 TD

Doomtime1.png

#5017 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

just my input.... anyone who continues to throw the ball in a blowout is pretty much calling a timeout as i run the clock.... i dont see how u can get mad if ur losing with 20 to 40 seconds left and throw a pick 6 ..... run the ball end the game no problams... i got blown out by doom last week i threw the ball till the end.... if he beat me by 100 thats my fault not his.... xp points are huge on this game and i woulda ran that pick back to.... against apple towards the end i punted in scoring posistiin twice.... he continued to throw the ball i picked it and ran it back to the 5 i would of ran it back if he aint get tackled..... i dont see it being disrespectful if u show me ur gonna run the ball and want the game over ill also end it quicker.... but if ur gonna continue to pass its a green light that u should accept a pick 6 regardless the score

#5018 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

TBD. Flying out of town in 5 hours, we'll see if I bump into Sean Payton on the streets of New Orleans and maybe he can give me a pep talk.

i might be in the area this weekend got a funeral detail down there. prolly run into you on burbon street and not even know it lol

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5019 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

If I'm still allowed to make a FA pickup:

Buffalo Bills

Player Added: Jeremy Shockey, TE
Player Dropped: Lee Smith, TE

#5020 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Nothing from Seahwaks. Im leaving in a couple of hours and have time to kill, I'm hoping we can play before then.

We are working on plans of playing tonight. (There will be an xbox where Im going) but might not be able to do it. We have been emailing and I will keep you posted with whats going on.

Edited by Zurezo, 26 October 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#5021 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Any geusses on how much money Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is gonna ask for in the offseason?

He was making around 3mil a season, and is leading the league in picks. I gotta imagine he is gonna ask Cru for Revis or Namdi money, which will make me smile.

Im not sure , but I do know he will recieve whatever he is asking for He is a franchise player lol

#5022 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Update on Ram's and 49's.
Cru and I and trying to schedule a game tomorrow.

#5023 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Update on Ram's and 49's.
Cru and I and trying to schedule a game tomorrow.

I can confirm this.

I also have yet to pick up a free agent which I plan to do later when I get off work.

#5024 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

In reference to the talks about running the score up and not running the clock down late, If your my opponent and your blowing me out I prefer you to just keep the pedal to the metal it is nothing more frustrating than losing by thirty and watching you run the clock down every play and then run three straight dives, smh that is more frustrating than losing by 100 and I know this because I have lost by 100 one time lol and I still had fun.

I do want it to be known though I do usually come off the gas once I have a lead in my games to be a good sportsman, but I always wonder if my opponent is bored and feels like me on the subject.

#5025 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

In reference to the talks about running the score up and not running the clock down late, If your my opponent and your blowing me out I prefer you to just keep the pedal to the metal it is nothing more frustrating than losing by thirty and watching you run the clock down every play and then run three straight dives, smh that is more frustrating than losing by 100 and I know this because I have lost by 100 one time lol and I still had fun.

I do want it to be known though I do usually come off the gas once I have a lead in my games to be a good sportsman, but I always wonder if my opponent is bored and feels like me on the subject.

i agree in some ways. i will not pass at all if im winning usually in less its like 3rd and 15 or something that way its less of a chance for me to run up the score but if i get a int and can take it to the house i probably will. just like any player would in real life and just like any player in this league would probably do!!

#5026 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

i agree in some ways. i will not pass at all if im winning usually in less its like 3rd and 15 or something that way its less of a chance for me to run up the score but if i get a int and can take it to the house i probably will. just like any player would in real life and just like any player in this league would probably do!!

im sure majority would house it.... like i said against doom if i continued pass untill the end which i did regardless losing 49-21 id expect him to house it...

#5027 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

it really depends on the situation for me whether i care or not. if im already getting blown out id rather the guy keep going so i can try and learn from wut hes able to do and try and fix it. but if its a close game im down by 3 or so and he can wrap the game up with a knee and goes endzone then im kinda pissed. but ive had my share of ass kickings in this league and would get bored when i just ahd to sit there. but if im up and its 3rd and 10 i might pass but if i have a big enough lead i will usually go towards the run

Madden 25

#5028 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I guess I'll throw my hat in the running the score up discussion. I hate it, especially when I am at a point where I have given up usually down 30 or more. If I am running the ball up the middle every drive and not getting anywhere I am clearly giving up. I would rather nothing else happen in the game, the score getting higher is just going to make me not want to play.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5029 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

im sure majority would house it....

I wouldn't, but that's just me. If I get a game-sealing pick I'll almost always slide or run out of bounds and then kneel it out.

In past years, I think we could allow some latitude for keeping the petal to the metal if you were playing a friend and you know they didn't care, but this year we have the added element of XP to think of. Running up the score isn't just a matter of injured pride anymore, it also has tangible benefits to the person doing it, which is why we really can't soften our stance on it at all. Or allow for exceptions even if the other person won't mind. It's never okay to run up the score. If you're winning big, you need to throttle it back.

33126.png

#5030 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

As a connoisseur of losing in this league ill say that some of the good players know how to win gracefully and some have no idea.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#5031 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

As a connoisseur of losing in this league ill say that some of the good players know how to win gracefully and some have no idea.

Atleast Redworm and I know how to LOSE gracefully...am I right?
Posted Image

#5032 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I can only speak for myself, but when I am getting killed in a game and I end up with the ball with a minute or under to go, I still try to heave it down the field. For me personally, even if there's no chance to win, putting a decent drive together to close out the game gives me momentum or a bit of confidence going into the next game. Especially since I most likely got killed that whole game. Honestly, I am not sure if anyone has ever been offended by it, but I hope not.

#5033 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

I can only speak for myself, but when I am getting killed in a game and I end up with the ball with a minute or under to go, I still try to heave it down the field. For me personally, even if there's no chance to win, putting a decent drive together to close out the game gives me momentum or a bit of confidence going into the next game. Especially since I most likely got killed that whole game. Honestly, I am not sure if anyone has ever been offended by it, but I hope not.

The losing team is under no obligation to stop trying to score. If I'm losing big (which thankfully rarely happens, but does occasionally) I'll typically pull my starters and dial it back myself, but someone who's behind isn't obliged to do that. And just because the losing team is still trying 100% to score does not mean that the winning team also has a pass to do so. That may seem unfair to some, but it's a small price to pay for winning the game.

33126.png

#5034 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

I wouldn't, but that's just me. If I get a game-sealing pick I'll almost always slide or run out of bounds and then kneel it out.

In past years, I think we could allow some latitude for keeping the petal to the metal if you were playing a friend and you know they didn't care, but this year we have the added element of XP to think of. Running up the score isn't just a matter of injured pride anymore, it also has tangible benefits to the person doing it, which is why we really can't soften our stance on it at all. Or allow for exceptions even if the other person won't mind. It's never okay to run up the score. If you're winning big, you need to throttle it back.

Weighing in as an outsider again, but this is definitely something that has come up in the other league as well. I think both sides have a point. To me, there is a responsibility for the losing team to just accept a loss too. If they continue to play aggressively, passing the ball, going hurry-up, using their timeouts, etc, and are turning the ball over or not draining much time from the clock because of it, I don't thinking its really fair to blame the winning team if they score again (within reason).

A pick 6 is what it is. The offense threw way too risky of a pass and should be burned for it. Now, if the guy on defense wants to just slide or run out of bounds, that's a really classy move. But it's tough to expect that from everyone. The offense has to have some recognition that it was their bungle there. The defense wasn't TRYING to score on them. They forced the issue, and the defense just took advantage.

On offense, until the game is at the point where 3 knees will end it, what more can you expect someone to do other than run the ball? I'm not even talking about 3 FB dives and punt. You should run it as you normally would, pick up 1st downs and keep the clock moving. If they stack 8 in the box and stop you, then punt and go back to shutting their offense down. But there's no need for airing the ball out and picking up 60 yards in one play. That doesn't help anybody.

In my opinion, that's the biggest issue...just keeping the clock moving. Anything that prolongs the game starts to tread into douchey waters (eww gross!). I actually got called out for this for beating the CPU 42-6 and scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter. But they just kept passing the ball and running a hurry up in the 4th (not to mention using their timeouts like an idiot), which led to INTs and 15 sec possessions. Meanwhile, I'm just running the ball and chewing clock, but getting 10-15 yard runs. This is how EA programmed the AI to play, and it's stupid. It's not always the winning team that is prolonging the game.

#5035 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Some folks winning big still run running plays with starters to run down the clock. Every time this happens I pray I injure the rb for the season or more.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#5036 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

simple solution would be to just run the ball.... while i was up 52 0 with about 2:20 left he was on his 14 yard line and fumbled... i punted out of thr endzone to give it to him at the 20.... thats his shot to say okay games over lets run the ball... he chose to pass i picked it off ran back to the 5 and ran the clk....if its in ur hands.to end the game and u choose not to thats ur fault...

#5037 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

simple solution would be to just run the ball.... while i was up 52 0 with about 2:20 left he was on his 14 yard line and fumbled... i punted out of thr endzone to give it to him at the 20.... thats his shot to say okay games over lets run the ball... he chose to pass i picked it off ran back to the 5 and ran the clk....if its in ur hands.to end the game and u choose not to thats ur fault...

Yup, I agree with this. In my game last night, up 35-7, I ran for a 1st down to my opponent's 18 yard line with about 1:30 to go in the game. He had all three timeouts, but I saw he was letting the clock tick down. When he's choosing to not use them, I'm not going to be an asshole and just keep pounding the ball away (especially that close to the end zone). So, I chose to kneel. He let the clock keep moving. I chose to kneel again, and just took the knee when the clock dipped under :40, so we could send our "gg" messages while the clock ran out. This time, he calls a timeout.

So, now I've got like a 3rd and 13. I ran the ball on the next play (I considered running a playaction as a "let the game end next time" message...but I thought better of it), he called timeout again. So, I end up kicking a field goal, and he gets the ball back with :10 left in the game. Those were completely unnecessary points and I didn't need to score them...but he forced the issue. Sure, I could have punted out of the back of the end zone, but why? When the situation is caused by something they CHOSE to do, I think it actually does become a little patronizing to let them off the hook.

#5038 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

im sure majority would house it.... like i said against doom if i continued pass untill the end which i did regardless losing 49-21 id expect him to house it...

yeh i agree i would expect the same thing

#5039 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Yup, I agree with this. In my game last night, up 35-7, I ran for a 1st down to my opponent's 18 yard line with about 1:30 to go in the game. He had all three timeouts, but I saw he was letting the clock tick down. When he's choosing to not use them, I'm not going to be an asshole and just keep pounding the ball away (especially that close to the end zone). So, I chose to kneel. He let the clock keep moving. I chose to kneel again, and just took the knee when the clock dipped under :40, so we could send our "gg" messages while the clock ran out. This time, he calls a timeout.

So, now I've got like a 3rd and 13. I ran the ball on the next play (I considered running a playaction as a "let the game end next time" message...but I thought better of it), he called timeout again. So, I end up kicking a field goal, and he gets the ball back with :10 left in the game. Those were completely unnecessary points and I didn't need to score them...but he forced the issue. Sure, I could have punted out of the back of the end zone, but why? When the situation is caused by something they CHOSE to do, I think it actually does become a little patronizing to let them off the hook.

I think n8 is making very good points i also have agree with wut red worn said about hurting the running back i always feel like that too

Madden 25

#5040 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

LV has agreed to sub for me while I'm on vacation. I think a while back somebody said they'd been able to log into their Live account and play Madden from somebody else's xbox. Can anyone explain the mechanics of how that works? Can I just give him my gamertag/password and that's it, or is there more involved?

33126.png