Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#5041 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

It is as simple as that. Give him the email/pass and he can just log on his xbox and play for you.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5042 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

I think n8 is making very good points i also have agree with wut red worn said about hurting the running back i always feel like that too

That's always in the back of my mind at the end of a game (though really, an injury could happen just as easily on the first play of the game). If I lost CJ, my offense would be largely destroyed. I've put a lot of points into his toughness rating for that reason (I think he only started out at like a 68...but I've got him up in the 80s now). Part of my problem is that I never learned how to quick sub players, and I'm too lazy to pause the game and bring in back ups. I've been mostly just relying on my auto sub settings to take him out when he's winded and hope that that's good enough.

#5043 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Would an NFL defender ever run out of bounds or kneel on the ball when caught an easy Interception for 6 near the end of the game? I don't think so, those guys are so glad just to get the ball in there hands, they would always take the TD that is in front of them.

If your down alot, decide to continue passing, and throw it back for 6, I think you lose your right to complain about the score. (No offense Uber)

But if you have the ball on offense, and are up by a few TD's, you gotta run and kneel. It would be too easy to rack up XP otherwise. I know I have left more than a few TD's on the field to end a game, and that's how it should be.

I think a DB going the distance because no one can tacke him, VS. running offensive plays when the game is clearly over. Are very different circumstances XPwise.
MurdaModeLV

#5044 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Would an NFL defender ever run out of bounds or kneel on the ball when caught an easy Interception for 6 near the end of the game? I don't think so, those guys are so glad just to get the ball in there hands, they would always take the TD that is in front of them.

If your down alot, decide to continue passing, and throw it back for 6, I think you lose your right to complain about the score. (No offense Uber)

But if you have the ball on offense, and are up by a few TD's, you gotta run and kneel. It would be too easy to rack up XP otherwise. I know I have left more than a few TD's on the field to end a game, and that's how it should be.

I think a DB going the distance because no one can tacke him, VS. running offensive plays when the game is clearly over. Are very different circumstances XPwise.

we all know what ed reed would do .... hed probly even lateral that bitch to try and score

#5045 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

we all know what ed reed would do .... hed probly even lateral that bitch to try and score

I remember that time in college when his defensive lineman picked off a tipped ball near the opponent's redzone and Reed ripped the ball out of his own teammate's hands and took it back all the way for a score. That's still one of the best returns I've ever seen.

edit - I found the video of it. Shit, I remember watching it like it was yesterday. That Miami team was fucking stacked.

#5046 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I hate when I burn my timeouts late in the 3rd quarter or early in the 4th, I run up the middle and get nowhere specifically to get them to just run the clock out. Then my opponent still drives down the field and keeps scoring. I obviously gave up I can't stop the clock just slowly make you way down field and end the game. I think some people just need constant action on the field. If I am up 30+ going into the 4th I try my best not to score unless they start scoring multiple touchdowns. Of course I don't think I have been in that position in this league.

/endrant

I can understand throwing picks, but it should be pretty obvious when someone has given up and just wants the game over.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5047 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

I know this isn't exactly the point you're making, but when the interception effectively ends the game, guys almost always fall on it and don't try to run it back. This happens all the time in the NFL. Not sure what league you're watching.

33126.png

#5048 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

falcons vs saints round 2

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5049 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Blade 3D, where are you? We were supposed to play 20 minutes ago.

#5050 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I know this isn't exactly the point you're making, but when the interception effectively ends the game, guys almost always fall on it and don't try to run it back. This happens all the time in the NFL. Not sure what league you're watching.

most not all...

#5051 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Blade 3D, where are you? We were supposed to play 20 minutes ago.

Oh shit sorry man, my roommate asked if I wanted pizza and I totally got distracted and forgot about it. PM me and I would have gotten the email and immediately got on. Are you still free?

Edited by Blade3D, 26 October 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5052 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

like when we played bv and newman had that pick6, there was like 3 or 4 minutes left in the game and i couldnt make up my mind whether to run it back or dive n run the clock out.

i say we draw a line and if you cross that line you get a strike. for instance if u run back a pick 6 up 21 points with less than 2 minutes left, strike.

#5053 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

like when we played bv and newman had that pick6, there was like 3 or 4 minutes left in the game and i couldnt make up my mind whether to run it back or dive n run the clock out.

i say we draw a line and if you cross that line you get a strike. for instance if u run back a pick 6 up 21 points with less than 2 minutes left, strike.

i cant picture givin strikes for this

#5054 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

That's not true Pitt vs Baltimore AFC championship troy ran it bac.....the only way they tend to fall on the ground is when they don't have any running room so they default to going down....chetty's point is when getting blown out and a out route gets jumped they always return those they never slide.

#5055 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

i cant picture givin strikes for this

why not? thats how you stop people from doing shit theyre not supposed to. draw a line and if u cross it you get a strike. or a warning i mean there are some pick 6's that are unavoidable. i donno who it was but earlier in the year i picked off a screen play inside the 5, i mean i was basically in the endzone as i caught it. if some shit like that happens then fine. but if ur up big inside of two minutes and u pick it off just slide. and anything outside of 2 minutes is fair game. i donno just an idea....

#5056 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

I think we are trying to tell people how to play. I think what sprice said if your getting blown concede the lost. If you throw a int you can't expect for someone to slide its not running up the score its just apart of the game...

#5057 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

That's not true Pitt vs Baltimore AFC championship troy ran it bac.....the only way they tend to fall on the ground is when they don't have any running room so they default to going down....chetty's point is when getting blown out and a out route gets jumped they always return those they never slide.

It is absolutely true. Guys deliberately go down on picks all the time when the interception can finish the game. I never said it happened every single time, but I was just responding to LV saying that he can't imagine NFL players doing it. They do it frequently.

33126.png

#5058 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

falcons 27 saints 7

well to start this game off brees throwing a pick then matt ryan's first play was a pick as well. so as you can tell defense came to play this game.

Matt Ryan 6 for 17 with 94 yards and 2 picks
Green Ellis- 16 carries 80 yards 1 fumble 99 carry my ass lol
Taiwan Jones 7 carries 51 yards
My wideouts number not worth mentioning at all

Defense had 7 picks 3 for TDs 3 sacks 1 forced fumble
Dunta robinson had 2 pick 6's 1 forced fumble 1 tackles aka DPOW

GG neworlbush25 im glad we had a good game and that there is no problem this time our divison rival is going to be a great amount of fun for me in this league from this season on. good luck the rest of the season.

also to note if he had sproles this game wouldnt look like this at all i prolly would have lost i had no answer for him last game just got lucky he wasnt in there this one

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5059 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

If there are a few minutes left up big and your opponent is still throwing and you get a pick, I don't have any issue taking it back for 6.

If there are under two minutes left and you can end the game with kneeldowns, I think it's respectful not to take it to the house. Not only does it not run up the score, but it prevents the opportunity for players to get injured.

As n8 pointed out earlier though, the onus to end the game in a respectful and sportsmanlike fashion isn't 100% on the winning team. I think a team trailing by 30 points with under two minutes left shouldn't be calling timeouts to stop the clock when their opponent is trying to run it out, especially if they're taking knees. If you can't possibly win the game, there's really no point in prolonging it.

33126.png

#5060 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

Oh shit sorry man, my roommate asked if I wanted pizza and I totally got distracted and forgot about it. PM me and I would have gotten the email and immediately got on. Are you still free?

It's okay. I wasn't mad or anything. I just got on my PS3 to play a different game. I should have PM'ed you, so I'll do that now.

#5061 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Bengals over the Chargers 14-7. Heartbreaking fumble by Eddie Royal on the final Tebow drive sealed it for the Bengals. Good defense all around. GG bseti.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#5062 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

It is absolutely true. Guys deliberately go down on picks all the time when the interception can finish the game. I never said it happened every single time, but I was just responding to LV saying that he can't imagine NFL players doing it. They do it frequently.

I was being vague. I was thinking about most of the picks I get nearing the end of a Madden game. Jump a route with a huge field in front of you. NFL defensive backs would takeoff.
MurdaModeLV

#5063 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Oh shit sorry man, my roommate asked if I wanted pizza and I totally got distracted and forgot about it.

These are the words of someone thoroughly stoned. :D

33126.png

#5064 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Trying to figure out if I want to stick with this much longer. I have very little desire to play madden anymore.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#5065 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Boy do i know that feeling all too well.

This game is just not fun when you can't even fucking compete with 75% of this league's coaches.
Posted Image

#5066 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I hear ya. I've had my ass handed to me multiple times. Speaking of which, Blade and I are playing at 6 P.M. Eastern today.

#5067 Og whitewidow

Og whitewidow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

You got a good run game fero..another person in the league told me this a week or so ago "try to be less predictable on early downs" I think that will help you a lot too. Keep your head up and build your team until they mert your standards. Good game

#5068 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Seems like a lot of people are getting discouraged with this game rather quickly this year. Gotta wonder if using fantasy rosters would make any difference. You'd still have the difference in skill between players, but at least the teams would be even. Otherwise, people are just too good. As I joked (sort of) in the other league, it almost feels like it's getting to the point where we need to evaluate people's skills and just assign them to a league accordingly. But when you've got long-timers getting fed up so early, it makes me wonder if the status quo is working anymore.

#5069 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

anybody looking to improve their defensive skills, I more than willing to help out in that department through scrims, Im also looking to improve my offense so I will take all offensive tips. I have always been the type of player to share info especially if your not in my conference.

#5070 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

anybody looking to improve their defensive skills, I more than willing to help out in that department through scrims, Im also looking to improve my offense so I will take all offensive tips. I have always been the type of player to share info especially if your not in my conference.

You mean before our week 17 matchup, that looks like it may decide the division, you're not going to let me know the secret to stopping Moss? :lol:

Madden 25 Official CAG League Record: Season 1: 19-0, Season 2: 18-1

Madden 25 Official CAG League, Season 1 and 2 Super Bowl Champion: Buffalo Bills

Madden 2013 Official CAG League, Season 4 Super Bowl Champion: Arizona Cardinals