Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#5551 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

Dang I did the same passing play vs the cpu. They coudn't stop it.

#5552 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

It's kind of a dick move for LV to come out in a kneeldown formation at the goal line in the first half, then hurry up and audible to a play and run it in.

He seriously did that?? Can you provide a bit more detail on the game situation?

33126.png

#5553 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

He seriously did that?? Can you provide a bit more detail on the game situation?

There was about a minute left in the first half, I think I was up 14-13.

#5554 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

Denver Broncos 24 - Kansas City Chiefs 7

The Broncos hosted the Chiefs in a meaningless Week 17 game, but still managed to come up with a solid win to run their record to 11-5 heading into the playoffs. I only ended up resting McFadden, and there was a bit of a gameplan adjustment as I passed far more than usual to try to get back in rhythm after a week layoff. The results were mixed, as Osweiler did throw 3 TDs but also 4 interceptions (about evenly mixed between dumb passes and great plays by the defense). My defense was great though, and the only points they allowed were following a stupid pick from my own 4 which gave the Chiefs the ball at the 10.

gg staticz! Looking forward to our games next season.

33126.png

#5555 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

There was about a minute left in the first half, I think I was up 14-13.

Did he actually take a knee and then run the next play after the hurry up? And did he let the clock run down before running the second play?

33126.png

#5556 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

No, he never took the knee. He just quickly audibled and snapped it.

#5557 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

No, he never took the knee. He just quickly audibled and snapped it.

That does seem pretty weak. I'd like to hear his explanation of it.

33126.png

#5558 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

I got tackled at 1st and goalline 1:00ish left in the 2nd quarter. Since he had 0 timeouts, my plan was to kneel and call a timeout around 20 seconds, so Eli wouldn't have a whole minute. Once I was in the kneel formation, I decided I would rather have 3 attempts at a TD rather than 2. So I audibled to the run for a TD.

He then took the minute, scored a TD with Cruz on the first pass, I got the ball back and needed all 3 timeouts to score another TD before half.

That's how I remember it, in hindsight I see why my play was a dick move, I won't do it again. It was the situation more than anything, I didn't consider it in the moment.

I think it was 6-7 with 1:00, that play, and I went for two, so 14-7 Cruz made it 14-14, Mccoy made it 21-14 at half. (that could be wrong, but something like that)

Edited by LVPatriots, 09 November 2012 - 04:15 AM.

MurdaModeLV

#5559 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Denver Broncos 24 - Kansas City Chiefs 7

The Broncos hosted the Chiefs in a meaningless Week 17 game, but still managed to come up with a solid win to run their record to 11-5 heading into the playoffs. I only ended up resting McFadden, and there was a bit of a gameplan adjustment as I passed far more than usual to try to get back in rhythm after a week layoff. The results were mixed, as Osweiler did throw 3 TDs but also 4 interceptions (about evenly mixed between dumb passes and great plays by the defense). My defense was great though, and the only points they allowed were following a stupid pick from my own 4 which gave the Chiefs the ball at the 10.

gg staticz! Looking forward to our games next season.

Yeah, good game man. The first Weeden pick was on me but the subsequent Baldwin fumble is the story of my season. Chiefs finish 7-9 but Charles hit is rushing goal so I guess that is good. I'll do a season write up soon, off to work for a massive internet upgrade!
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#5560 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

I win coach of the year.

i should win coach of the year best season ive ever had since my best season before this was 3-13 lol major inprove mostly my team thought more than likely

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#5561 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

man im ready for these playoffs.... chetty i hope i get a rematch

#5562 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

man im ready for these playoffs.... chetty i hope i get a rematch

I want my rematch with Sprice , you got me out of there week 1

#5563 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Looks like Chargers-Raiders is the final game. Joely, were you able to get in touch with Tanabeo? If not, do you have any problem with a sim?

33126.png

#5564 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

CAGFL Wild Card Round 2012

This is how it should look after we advance...

New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals @ Denver Broncos

Chicago Bears @ Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Redskins

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#5565 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Anyone know if those non-playoff teams can still practice and/or scout during the playoffs?

#5566 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Might as well make my round 1 picks:

The Bills swept this matchup during the regular season, I see no reason they shouldn't win again. I'm not going to pick my own matchup, but given that my regular season game with the Bengals was a 45-0 loss (my only blowout loss of the season) you can probably guess which way I'd lean.

MA always raises his game come playoff time, and several of his losses were of the sim variety. He probably would have had a bye otherwise. Meanwhile the Cardinals are the hottest team in the NFC, bringing an 8-game win streak into the wild card round.

33126.png

#5567 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

CAGFL Wild Card Round 2012

This is how it should look after we advance...

Cincinnati Bengals @ Denver Broncos

SHOULD LOOK! haha The EA mess up is really fun to wait for

#5568 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Unless New England pulls the upset, it looks like Buffalo will be paying me a visit in the next round.

Doomtime1.png

#5569 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Might as well make my round 1 picks:

The Bills swept this matchup during the regular season, I see no reason they shouldn't win again. I'm not going to pick my own matchup, but given that my regular season game with the Bengals was a 45-0 loss (my only blowout loss of the season) you can probably guess which way I'd lean.

MA always raises his game come playoff time, and several of his losses were of the sim variety. He probably would have had a bye otherwise. Meanwhile the Cardinals are the hottest team in the NFC, bringing an 8-game win streak into the wild card round.

I am going to call for upsets all across the board and take Washington Redskins over the Cardinals , Chicago Bears over the Panthers, Broncos over the Bengals and Patriots over the Bills.

There always has to be that guy that picks all upsets for no reason. I wouldn't be surprised if Madden got it wrong and I had to play Sprice in the first round. I would actually be excited for that.

#5570 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

That's why you take care of business early like the AFC !

Doomtime1.png

#5571 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

do the pro bowl players get anounced before or after the playoffs ?

#5572 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

do the pro bowl players get anounced before or after the playoffs ?

It should be before

#5573 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

I want my rematch with Sprice , you got me out of there week 1

if u make it to the nfc champiinship i hope to be there lol... and i got calvin back game on

#5574 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

13-3 and going on the road in the wildcard...damn NFL. Its looking ike that game will be played tomorrow.

#5575 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

13-3 and going on the road in the wildcard...damn NFL. Its looking ike that game will be played tomorrow.

ull have ur shot next season to take the devision

#5576 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

our previous matchup gets thrown out the window bv like it never happened. if i could carry over those 45 points thatd be nice but its 0-0. and this time were in denver. and im ridin a two game losing streak. ill be around tomorrow to play whenever jus lemme know.

all in all i thought this was a fun season tho. the new franchise shit is a little crazy, it makes it so the teams who do well get even better which i donno if thats a good thing or not because the playin field isnt even. its a lot of work but i think we got faster as the season went on. pretty much on schedule for a 2 month season, no different than last year.

#5577 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

New England beat the Bills once this season. And will again this week.
MurdaModeLV

#5578 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

New England beat the Bills once this season. And will again this week.

I assume you mean the real-life Bills?

33126.png

#5579 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

our previous matchup gets thrown out the window bv like it never happened. if i could carry over those 45 points thatd be nice but its 0-0. and this time were in denver. and im ridin a two game losing streak. ill be around tomorrow to play whenever jus lemme know.

Well, I'll say this: I certainly know how not to beat you. So hopefully that will give me some new ideas for this one. :D

I'm golfing tomorrow afternoon (probably the last nice weekend of the year) but I should be able to play in the evening. Or tonight if we advance.

33126.png

#5580 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Well, I'll say this: I certainly know how not to beat you. So hopefully that will give me some new ideas for this one. :D

I'm golfing tomorrow afternoon (probably the last nice weekend of the year) but I should be able to play in the evening. Or tonight if we advance.

HAHA! I Live in Florida. Golf Season is Year Round Here Baby!
Posted Image